[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

when is it acceptable to say you've beat this game? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

File: mgsv-the-phantom-pain-tips.jpg (307KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mgsv-the-phantom-pain-tips.jpg
307KB, 1920x1080px
when is it acceptable to say you've beat this game? I'm on chapter 30 and getting burnt out.
>>
>>376437924
>still log in everyday to gather materials/daily bonuses so I can develop tier 15 weapons I will never use nor really care about

Help
>>
>>376437924
if you've seen "The Truth" chapter, you've "beaten" the game as much as it is physically possible to finish this rushed husk of a game.

>>376438585
just stop.
>>
>>376438678
I can't.
I almost have enough points to buy my next FOB
>>
>>376437924
Disappointing story aside, is the gameplay actually good?
>>
>Did all the sideops & got a trophy for it
>It's rare

I must be autistic for thinking they weren't that bad and some were actually fun.
>>
>>376438585
That's rough, bruv. I've cut down to just logging in once a fortnight to grab the event prizes.
>>
>>376438894
Argubly best in the series

Though PC version is a must for infinte heaven
>>
>>376438894
Not really

The movement and fluidity of the controls are phenomenal. You have lots of guns (Kind of useless) to choose from and little gadgets and stuff but in all honesty there is NOTHING to fucking do with them

The engine is amazing, the game world stomps all over any potential it could have ever had
>>
File: MGSV-TGS-2014-Art-Kaz.jpg (83KB, 1262x700px) Image search: [Google]
MGSV-TGS-2014-Art-Kaz.jpg
83KB, 1262x700px
>>376438894
Oh it's fantastic. The big flaw is how dumb the guards are and how quickly you become overpowered.

The game is sorely missing a proper Extreme mode or some sort of "canon" story mode which would haver gone a long way.
>>
>>376437924
Just play ground zeroes and marvel at the tight well designed map and feel regret that TPP didnt have any of that.
>>
>>376438894
gameplay is top notch, the skull fights are kind of poorly done imho. not sure how everyone else feels about them.
>>
>>376438929
They were alright but the problem is there's 157 of them and destroying an armored vehicle squad for the 18th time isn't fun anymore
>>
>>376439315
>lots of guns and gadgets
>(Kind of useless)

Only if you hate fun.
>>
>>376439430

PC has mods that fixes that.

Has several hundred toggleable options ranging from Subsistence mode for all missions, replay side-ops, Mother base invasions with multiple attack helicopters, Skull attacks in Free roam, Free-cam, skip heli rides, customization of enemy and mother base gear, foot, heavy vehicle and heli patrols in free roam, and much more.
>>
>>376438890
Just log in wednesday and the weekend for free MB coins.
>>
I stopped at mission 12 and 50 side ops later.

Did I miss out?
>>
>>376438585

Glad I stopped at 3 FOB's and all the security equipment they can get you.
>>
>>376437924
I got burnt out when I had to fight quiet again, it just felt so cheap. I hate sniper battles and enjoyed the clever little trick to beat her the first time. but like >>376439558 said, all the boss fights are kinda lame.
>>
>>376438894
Controls are great.

GAMEPLAY as a whole is a fucking slog, with tons of menu-surfing, real-time timers, copypaste filler missions, etc.
>>
>>376440049
You haven't even unlocked Africa yet.
It's the better map.

At least play it till mission 31.
If you just do the main missions that's just a couple of hours.
>>
>>376440953

I am in africa. The one with the airport?
>>
>>376441091
if you fight niggers instead of russians, you're in africa
>>
I can understand why people are frustrated with this game, there is a lot of filler and you're doing the same levels over and over.

But to me, the mechanics are so fun that I can't get enough. Yes, the side ops are all the same thing, but you have the freedom to use a variety of different tactics.
>>
File: 543451241412.png (393KB, 532x441px) Image search: [Google]
543451241412.png
393KB, 532x441px
>>376437924
100% Completion Rate
and yet nothing will kill the pain
>>
>>376438894
It is genuinely one of the most fun tactical stealth games on the market if you turn off all the hand-holding shit. The controls are really snappy, the presentation is great, building mother base, designing weapons and infiltrating bases is all cool as fuck.

Unfortunately there's a constantly nagging disconnect between the story and the mechanics in my eyes. You have this huge base with hundreds of soldiers recruited to serve you, you're earning millions of dollars building cutting edge weapons and nukes, yet no matter what you can't ever just call for a squad of fucking reinforcements when things start to go wrong. You can call for a mortar strike or an armed blackhawk helicopter, you can call in a fucking horse, a mute teleporting ghost sniper, a one-eyed dog, a robot on rollerblades with a mini-gun and a cybernetic arm, you can call in one of the dozens of tanks and vehicles you own but you can never just call in a fucking squad of the soldiers you recruited to fight with you on the map. I can't get over how much of a huge missed opportunity that was.

You could have had moments where you're trying to evac injured recruits from battle or having to watch them die. It would have added so much to the game thematically and I can't imagine it could have been that hard to do it if they managed to implement the AI and the commands for every other buddy you can call in. I wanted those XCOM feels and I didn't get them. It's still one of the best tactical stealth games on the market, but I can't play it anymore, any time I play it I can see all the missed opportunity to fulfill its potential and it just makes me sad.
>>
>almost reached 100% completion with all achievements
>save game gets corrupted
Killed the game for me. I've tried replaying a few times but I always stop before even finishing the first batch of missions.
>>
>>376438894
The missions are shit. Fulton is a chore just like in PO.
>>
File: 1473351300783.jpg (301KB, 600x456px) Image search: [Google]
1473351300783.jpg
301KB, 600x456px
>>376441476
>but you have the freedom to use a variety of different tactics

I bet those faggots played the whole game just with tranq pistol/sniper rifle and DD/Quiet as buddy.
>>
>>376442586
Yeah, the fulton really fucking kills the game, imagine if you had to actually find a way out of the base with a body every time you wanted to extract someone, it would force you to get really creative at times. You'd probably try stowing them in a vehicle and making a break for it most of the time. Or clearing the area of remaining enemies quietly. Or just calling in a helicopter for a hot landing and going loud. You'd be doing cooler stuff than holding down a fucking button anyway.
>>
>>376442546
I think that had to do with the engine's limitations. The game seems it can't render more than 10 soldiers at the same time, otherwise they start do disappear and reappear continuosly.
>>
>>376443291
Or you can try to stop fultoning everyfuckingone you see. The game will gift you soldiers even for simply logging in.
>>
why aren't there mods that fix the game on pc by adding soldiers and tanks on patrol in the map and helecopters flying overhead
>>
I quit when I was repeating missions, I guess it was around the end of the africa shit?

after the big secret base where you see skull face and stuff, and fight the MG, I realised that the game was never going to become good for me. I was disgusted with the lack of a story and weird shit like the ten min skull face jeep ride

Also the bit where you capture a weapons mod guy, and then the game tells you hes not the right guy and you need to do the same extract mission 3 times, that really rubbed me the wrong way

I would have enjoyed five ground zeroes type areas with a few side missions for each

The mechanics were cool in places like the chapter 30 base but not in endless outposts. And some extreme type missions with less gear were fun but by that point I was sick of the game
>>
>>376443851
But there is. It's Infinity Heaven.
>>
File: MGS GZ.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
MGS GZ.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
sprinting through every outpost, karate chopping guards and lifting them with balloons got old

I can't limit myself and play a game in a different way than the optimal way, I dislike it

quiet is stupid

ocelot was misused

too much filler, too much shit spread out, no story, crap excuse for a plot, too much busywork on the droid or watching fucking DIRECTED BY HIDEO KOJIMA just for fucking guard extract mission #100

I got more story enjoyment from those fucking trailers than the game
>>
>>376444198
ťhe jeep ride was just one of many attempted throwbacks, specifically to the ladder you have to climb and snake eater starts playing in a different metal gear . its likw the film canister mission and all, except they failed to make it have a proper disconnect
>>
File: Kojima.jpg (70KB, 332x500px) Image search: [Google]
Kojima.jpg
70KB, 332x500px
>>376437924
>Game has barely 2 chapters
>This guy is at chapter 30
K-Kojima, is that you?
>>
>>376444673
then why is everyone complaining ?
>>
I'm thinking about reinstalling this because I'm bored

Did they ever fix the input to take mouse and controller simultaneously so the steam controller is fun to use?
>>
>>376439192
What's so good about infinite heaven? I downloaded it, didn't feel like fucking around with the menus and never touched it.
>>
>>376445176
It's /v/ after all.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.