[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where in the living fuck do I get this game for reasonably cheap?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 13

File: Yakuza3_boxart.jpg (23KB, 250x292px) Image search: [Google]
Yakuza3_boxart.jpg
23KB, 250x292px
Where in the living fuck do I get this game for reasonably cheap? Everywhere Ive looked its like 30 bucks
>>
Got it online - GameStop has it used for $15, I think, and Yakuza Dead Souls was $10

Personally I fucking hate Y3 - Sega completely fucked the US release up and even if you didn't pick up girls at Smile Burger, on Hard/Legend the enemies just front block forever, which admittedly made me a better fighter in the rest of the Yakuza games but FUCK
>>
>>376433798
So if I dont live in burgertown I'm fucked?
>>
>>376433926
yeah bretty much because america is the greatest country in the world :D :D :D :D
>>
>>376433291

>Saw Yakuza 3 for like $6 a few years back in a pre owned section
>almost got it
>only reason I didn't was because I didn't have Yakuza 1 and 2 and hadn't played any of the previous games
>but I still had a mild interested in the series so considered it, but wanted to get the first 2 games first before getting 3

I regret it now.
>>
I ended up ordering a preowned German copy online.
>>
>>376433926
Where are you from?

I bought an expensive copy of that game months ago and now i found a bunch of offers and discounts.
>>
I got my copy for 20 canada bucks online before it went up to 50 on the same exact store several months later. Crazy how expensive it is now.
>>
>>376434537
New Zealand. All my usual spots that usually ship for cheap just dont have it but I have bought all the other hames, just need 3 to complete the collection
>>
>>376433926
nah man live in central europe got it for 9.99 at my gamestore.
>>
Got it for 5 bongcoins.
>>
>>376433798
Wait, how the fuck does a localised version of the game fuck up mechanics?
>>
>>376435539
They removed the hostess shit because of budget
>>
>>376433926
You might be but literally nothing cool happens except a rhino fight (or whatever) and the laugh factor is minor at best with the world's shittiest back tattoo and Kiryu being told he has beautiful eyes

It's the worst one so don't feel too bad
>>
File: 6454.png (262KB, 414x388px) Image search: [Google]
6454.png
262KB, 414x388px
i found an used copy on an auction site for 10 europe bucks. if you're looking for a brand new copy you're fucked
>>
>>376433291
You don't. I ended up just buying it a week ago on amazon for $45, new, after weeks of sporadically looking.
>>
>>376435754
What's the best one, then? Y0?

I keep hearing Y3 is the worst one but it has favourable reviews from critics and users alike.

I only really care for the characters and the story, to be honest.
>>
>>376433291
Honestly you're not missing out on a ton, its the worst of the series flat out.
>>376436931
Y0>Y2>Y1>Y4>Y5>Y3
>>
File: Kiryu gets the best fights.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Kiryu gets the best fights.webm
3MB, 640x360px
It was $20-30 for years man, it only just recently jumped up in price because 1-4 were restocked with brand new official reprints for $40.

>>376436931
0, 2, or 4. Nearing the end of 4 and it has been pretty great and really easy for newcomers to jump into with Akiyama being a shining diamond in all of what they did, plus the story is absolutely insane. 3 is not good for newcomers at all, you spend hours with the orphanage and the kids, you don't go to Kamurocho for around 10 or so hours unless you absolutely rush it, it takes quite a while to get into Revelations and for you to learn newer Heat moves, and it completely falls apart gameplay-wise once you realize every single enemy encounter and boss guards for a ridiculous amount of time rivaling Kenzan at times so you just Tiger Drop everything since it deals an insane amount of damage and is the only real way to fight some bosses.

From what I've played so far I'd rate it
Y4 = Y2 > Kenzan > Y1 > Y3

On another note
>Amon in 3 is one of the most disappointing Amons yet.
>Have no real hope for him in 4.
>Fight the crew in 4
>First three are absolutely piss easy, even easier than the jokes they called bosses, Saejima's was the only "tough" one and that was because the hammer deals like 1/6th of your health a hit.
>Actually get to the Kiryu one
>"Beat" him
>It was just a first phase.
>Switches between the other three's styles and you can basically only deal decent damage during his boxer phase with Tiger Drops or get in three punches during the hammer phase.
I'm so glad they redeemed it after that mess in 3, but even then it can't even match up to 2's fights which is still disappointing. Used less than 6 Stamina Royale's across everyone in the fights and it was all because of that damn hammer. Really hoping they're better in 5 or Dead Souls.
>>
>>376435539
>>376435615
To clarify while the localization did not directly interfere with fighting mechanics, that's purely Sega's fault - and in retrospect meeting girls at fast food joints is actually quicker and better since you don't have to visit the clubs (although dating is fun in itself)

I completely forgot what was the 100% WORST FUCKING THING ABOUT Y3:

THE CHASE MECHANICS ARE FUCKING AWFUL

>>376436931
Y0 is objectively the best but 4 and 5 are both great
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (61KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
61KB, 1280x720px
>>376435539
Hostesses are literally just going into a burger joint and suddenly getting thrown immediately into dating a model and doing a hostess substory so they jam exposition at you to try and flesh them out since you can't learn anything from them actually being hostesses.
There are like eight or ten missing substories one of which was in every game up until that point (It wasn't in 4 either sadly)
Mahjong and Shogi were completely removed, Answer x Answer is the only one that really made sense since you had to know either a lot about current Japan or idols or something like that to actually play it.
There's some random over-localization like the dog being Rex despite everyone and their mother shouting Mame (Which 4 reverts to) and I know there's far more that people complained about.

>>376438129
>THE CHASE MECHANICS ARE FUCKING AWFUL
They're only really bad during the Mack stuff because you don't have the R1 dash you have in 4 so you have to cut corners in order to meet that final challenge time and never make a single mistake.
>>
File: snnnzz.png (552KB, 654x400px) Image search: [Google]
snnnzz.png
552KB, 654x400px
as a person who doesnt play these games for fighting/difficulty, i liked y3 because the orphanage was a refreshing change, rikiya was adorable and the plot was probably the best out of most of the games lol
>>
>>376433291
>just looked online
>£18 minimum

Fuck, i got Yakuza 2 for £19 2 years ago year before 3.
>>
>>376438823
The plot was absurd man, especially the Fuma twin and Daigo being a crackshot after waking up from a coma.
>>
>>376441826
Anything after the Mine fight is a trainwreck. That final fight is great though
>>
>>376441826
3 doesnt even compare to everything what happened in 4 and 5
>>
File: This battle is mine.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
This battle is mine.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>376442017
Damn straight it is.
>That first time in the entire series up until that point where it goes from cutscene --> gameplay seamlessly.
>It starts playing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pONkmj4trhE
Sincerely the best part of 3 and worth playing just for that.

>>376442090
No doubt, everything in Kiryu's chapter in 4 is just hilarity after hilarity.
>Akiyama just kept 100 billion Yen sitting in a safe with no access code or anything in the most obvious place and he just sort of deals with it getting stolen by just shrugging his shoulders.
>It's Daigo's fault everything happened.
>No, it's the police.
>Actually, it was Kido.
>Actually, it was Arai.
>Yasuko kills Katsuragi after taking a bullet for Saejima
>Arai kills the police guy.
I could not stop laughing once I got to the top of the tower, it was just one thing after another and I was waiting for yet another twist.
>>
>>376433291
You can get yakuza 1-4 brand new from a Videogamesplus
>>
>>376442469
You forgot RUBBERU BULLETSU
>>
>>376442652
That was in Tanimura's chapter though, that's just the beginning of the madness. The best part is everything unfolding in Kiryu's chapter.
>>
>>376433291
Just wait for the inevitable remake. Play the new ones in the meantime.
>>
File: depressed.jpg (66KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
depressed.jpg
66KB, 500x501px
>>376433291

>tfw can't finish Yakuza 4 because my copy is somewhat fucked and stops on the last cutscene before the final boss

Tried everything from cleaning the disc to cleaning my console nothing works ;_;
>>
>>376442794
Did you see if deleting the install data (In Game Data, not your saves) fixes it? Or if it can even install it correctly? Could be that just corrupted somehow.
>>
The story becomes absurd? Too bad, I just played 0 and really enjoyed it.
>>
>>376433291
30 dollars well spent
>>
>>376441826
>DAIGO
That shit was incredibly retarded but Bad CIA Man thrown off the building in a murder suicide was kind of funny but fuck Daigo

>>376438765
I played 4/5 before 3 and going back was a huge shock. I know older iterations in a series can have older and crappier ways of doing the same thing but who the fuck thought it was a good idea to hold down a button while running
>>
>>376433291
Pirate it
>>
File: Booster Uhh.jpg (9KB, 160x207px) Image search: [Google]
Booster Uhh.jpg
9KB, 160x207px
>>376444170
>but who the fuck thought it was a good idea to hold down a button while running

That's actually fairly common in games.
>>
>>376444086
1 and 2 play it pretty straight though 2 has some twists near the end that just leave you sort of dumbstruck. 3 starts getting a bit off the rails with some of the things but 4 grabs the plot and jumps off of Millenium Tower with it and goes back up to the top floor to do it again repeatedly, it's just nuts. Like, you think you've seen all the twists possible and then you get to Kiryu's chapter and they just keep throwing them after you one after another, sometimes multiple twists in the exact same scene, it's just hilarious how many times they do it.

>>376444170
> but fuck Daigo
>>That one scene as soon as Kiryu comes back to Kamurocho in 4 where Majima says Daigo set him up.
The man is running the Tojo Clan into the grave. I can't wait to fight him in 5.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.