[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Games that others loved that you thought were just average or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9

File: rdr.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rdr.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Games that others loved that you thought were just average or bad. Pic very much related
>>
>>376430619
What brings you here Gerstmann?
>>
File: Grand_Theft_Auto_IV_cover.jpg (78KB, 256x320px) Image search: [Google]
Grand_Theft_Auto_IV_cover.jpg
78KB, 256x320px
>>
>>376432287
>Gerstmann
who the fuck is dis
>>
>>376430619
I tried it last year and I couldn't pull myself through that 20fps, sub 720p, motion-blur, no anti-aliasing disaster.
>>
Deus Ex
>>
File: MGS4_European_Cover.jpg (39KB, 450x518px) Image search: [Google]
MGS4_European_Cover.jpg
39KB, 450x518px
The are only two fun/good parts in this game:
>riding REX
>final boss
The others either boring and badly designed or have no gameplay flow due to muh cinematic experience. The Phantom Pain, even with the shitty open world meme, works much better as a game.
>>
>>376432957
The realest motherfucker in video games
>>
Pokemon
>>
>>376430619
>>376432518
>>376433221

I agree with all 3 of these choices.

But the only good part of MGS4 was Chapter 2's, and even that had some fucking bullshit in it. Rex and final boss were retarded too. The whole of MGS4 was a fucking mess really.

GTA4 might be better on PC, but the PS3 version was trash and so was RDR. I played RDR on release and thought the story was fairly interesting, even though it did have problems, but the gameplay was just shitty. The most memorable thing about RDR to me was playing as Jack afterwards and killing your fathers killer, I thought that was the coolest thing and yet that's the thing the entire gay little fanbase of this game hates. So fuck them.
>>
>>376430619
Barren and boring. Pathetic how people are wet over RD2 with no gamplay of any kind
>>
Anything by blizzard, why are they so praised? Their games are mediocre at most
>>
>>
Nier Automata and Witcher 3

Bland open world, horrible quest design and piss poor writing in the main quest killed any enjoyment I had. At least both had good music and Witcher 3 was kinda comfy at times.
>>
File: IMG_9013.jpg (34KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9013.jpg
34KB, 720x404px
>>376436053
>>
>>376436061
TW3 gets crushingly boring gameplay wise after around 60hrs, it has it's charms but a game that can't sustain itself really shouldn't be heralded as the second coming.
>>
File: 8XboEujkobiiSS844ggkc9.jpg (76KB, 922x510px) Image search: [Google]
8XboEujkobiiSS844ggkc9.jpg
76KB, 922x510px
>>
>Hotline Miami 2

Honestly one of the worst games I've ever played

The leap from 1 to 2 is unsurprising. THe devs got caught up in the "SSSSSOOOOOOOOO HAAAAAAARRRRRRDDDDDDD" meme and made the entire game just one unfair room after another

Felt more like an endurance run that a fun challenging strategy game
>>
>>376430619
I thoroughly believe people who shit on RDR are insecure fucks about rockstars relevance in the industry.

Even your weeb devs acknowledge them as the best devs.
>>
File: Battlefield_Bad_Company_2_cover.jpg (79KB, 256x360px) Image search: [Google]
Battlefield_Bad_Company_2_cover.jpg
79KB, 256x360px
>>
>>376436053
Pretty much this

It took everything about Souls games that was good and removed it for the sake of being a fast paced action game. Then NIoh came out and showed them how to make a fast paced action game
>>
File: smb.png (55KB, 256x306px) Image search: [Google]
smb.png
55KB, 256x306px
>>
>>376437324
OP here, I love a lot of Rockstar games. Especially GTA 5. Your comment is nonsensical.
>>
>>376437115
First one was a shit game too.
>>
>>376433029
play it on a CRT, I guarantee you won't give a shit about any of that
>>
File: DeusExHumanRevolutionCover.png (3MB, 1405x2194px) Image search: [Google]
DeusExHumanRevolutionCover.png
3MB, 1405x2194px
>>
any Bethesda game since Oblivion.
mass effect
final fantasy 15
>>
>>376430619
gotta agree
was a lot of fun at the beginning, but the 2nd half of the game sucked
probably the only rockstar game ive only played through one time
>>
Persona 5
>>
>>376437605
delet
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.