[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've never played a cRPG before but I want to start. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 26246-1.jpg (1MB, 1080x1497px) Image search: [Google]
26246-1.jpg
1MB, 1080x1497px
I've never played a cRPG before but I want to start.

I basically just want a good RPG with choices and skill checks. From what I can gather Pillars of Eternity is the best choice.

Should I start with this or is it a bad game for beginners?
>>
>>376427169
Play Fallout instead.
>>
>>376427169
Try Shadowrun Dragonfall instead
>>
>>376427308
>for beginners
>>
>>376427685
You can talk your way out of most everything in FO. In PoE you are going to fight bajillions of critters no matter what, and diplomacy can save you from only like 2% of it.
>>
>>376427169
pillars is a pretty good route to go if you want something that feels like an updated classic crpg.

shadowrun is much more modern and was designed for mobile
>>
>>376427169

Game has a bunch of censorship for SJWs.

You're better off finding something else.
>>
>>376428632
>one backer line on a gravestone that people don't even read
>"a bunch of censorship"
>>
>>376428386
It can be easier if you know what you're doing but a new player that isn't even familiar with the genre will feel in over their head. That game explains very little.
>>
>>376428632
Is it shit I will only care about if I have autism?
>>
>>376427169
Planescape Torment?
>>
>>376428780

There's a mod to remove it, so, I'd definitely advise getting that.

But, on principle, you shouldn't give them money, nah.
>>
>>376428773
On the other hand you control and develop only one character, and combat feedback is much cleaner than PoE's pop up windows with 10+ 5 second timers appearing and disappearing all the time.
>>
>>376427169

I started it recently, it´s cool, but things that annoy me is this "we need to do it like then 30 years ago, when we played dungeon and dragons in our basements"-story telling cutscenes. Why not just do it something comicstyle like Banner saga e.g.

And I don´t like the controlls. It kinda bugs me that I can´t walk with wasd..
>>
>>376427169
Arcanum.

or just go with pillars of eternity. it's a great game. not perfect but it does some things better than any other isometric game imo.
>>
File: adwr.png (15KB, 135x138px) Image search: [Google]
adwr.png
15KB, 135x138px
Pillars of Eternity was shovelware garbage from an SJW company.
>>
>>376428692
>>
>>376427351
this or shadowun returns depending
>>
Pillars of Eternity is a very good game. If you're looking for a modern RPG, you can't go wrong with it.

With that said, make sure you ignore the backer characters. Anyone with a golden name is a backer. Don't bother reading their backstories.
>>
Pillars of Eternity is a great RPG for beginners. Don't play on Hard or POTD if you're not looking for a pretty big challenge, though. Game doesn't fuck around.
>>
>>376430523
yeah after a while I just skipped them. they are a waste of time. but they are written pretty damn well...if you don't mind flowery verbose language.
>>
>>376430523
>>376432010
I read every single one because I hate myself. If I recall correctly, most of them were fine, but there were some real stinkers in there.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.