[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>STRAFE-HI2U.torrent How is it? The game looks a bit shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 546
Thread images: 82

File: header.jpg (32KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
32KB, 460x215px
>STRAFE-HI2U.torrent
How is it?
The game looks a bit shit desu, doesn't look like the actual old school games they're trying to emulate
>>
>>376425132
It's fucking wank. Really disappointed. It discourages running/jumping around spraying by giving you no ammo, no health, and making your guns inaccurate as fuck, meaning you have to take it slow and control your fire.
>>
>>376425309
> It discourages running/jumping around spraying by giving you no ammo, no health, and making your guns inaccurate as fuck, meaning you have to take it slow and control your fire.

fucking wot m8
>>
Not impressed

Weapons aren't all that great and you can only carry one weapon at a time. You pick up weapons through the level but you ditch them as soon as you run out of ammo for them (which would be about 30 seconds).

So far enemeis consist of one braindead zombie guy who runs up to you and two clones of him with more HP, one guy who shoots at you, one crawling robot who shoots at you and one asshole who sticks to the ceiling and drops down on you.

There are no medkits or health pickups, all you have is Half Life style healing stations (usually just one per level)

There's a vending machine with RIDICULOUS prices which sells shields and ammo (oh by the way guns work on a magazine system, so if you constantly reload you're gonna have a bad time).

Oh and you take fall damage.

Honestly this is fucking NOTHING like Doom or Quake, DO NOT go into this expecting Doom or Quake.
>>
File: 1456376743306.png (19KB, 241x274px) Image search: [Google]
1456376743306.png
19KB, 241x274px
>>376425132
>mfw fags were hyped for THIS and not Dead Cells
>>
>>376425372
There's fuck all gun variety too. You have your 3 starter weapons - shotgun, assault rifle, and railgun, which get shitty little upgrades (doesn't make them play any different), and then you find a hand full of disposable weapons throughout levels, which run out of ammo INSTANTLY and then get discarded.

Can't believe how fucking wrong they got this.
>>
>>376425613
>>376425571

Can you atleast start the game over with a bit of difference? Like money saved or weapons? Or do you start from scratch? No progression?
>>
>>376425929
If you die, that's it. You can find teleporter parts to send you to the beginning of each world, but you're fucked if you dont.
>>
>>376425929
Nothing carries over as far as I'm aware.

I did get something called a "Teleporter part" which I thought would save my progress or something but when I died it was back to the beginning
>>
>>376425132
watched some gameplay and it looks boring as heck
>>
>>376425576
Dead Cells is still in early access, there's not going to be a lot of content for now.
>>
>>376425986
>>376426003

The trailer made it look so different. I'll have to admit though I fucking cried watching the one with the kid and brother. So dissapointing. Thanks anons for the heads up
>>
>>376425132
what the fuck is wrong with this game's optimisation ? it'll run at steady 60fps in a room packed of enemies and dip down to fucking 15fps at random intervalls.

straight up unplayable
>>
File: 1436445557017.jpg (47KB, 531x471px) Image search: [Google]
1436445557017.jpg
47KB, 531x471px
>>376425309
>discourages running/jumping

They fucking blew it then
>>
File: penn_jillette.jpg (31KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
penn_jillette.jpg
31KB, 300x400px
>procedurally generated
>>
> Trailer uses Procedural generation as a selling point.

What in all fuckery?

"HEY GUYS. GUESS HOW FUCKING LAZY WE ARE? SO LAZY WE DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER TO MAKE REAL LEVELS. YEAH, EAT IT UP YOU TARD".
>>
>>376426718
>>376426612

the procedural generation isnt as bad as it seems.
thee levels feel a lot more genuine that what i expected and its certainly notas bland as expected.

the real problem comes from the shit cpu optimisation and wank guns.
>>
>>376427001
This. All of the rooms were handmade, but they were connected procedurally.
>>
I enjoyed immortal redneck, but STRAFE is pathetic in every aspect.
>>
>>376427201
immortal redneck is close from being good but those fucking scrolls and leveling systems killed it for me.
>>
File: madotsukivomit.jpg (321KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
madotsukivomit.jpg
321KB, 600x600px
>>376425309
Don't forget how much the gun model moves around, it's honestly nauseating.
>>
The soundtrack is pretty good
https://toytree.bandcamp.com/album/strafe-ost
>>
>>376427321
We'll never have a decent run and gun FPS, Immortal Redneck comes the closest and even that has issues.
Might as well just continue playing Ziggurat with the feel-less weapons and Immortal Redneck with Rogue Legacy's garbage leveling system.
>>
File: wat.jpg (74KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
74KB, 400x300px
>>376425571
>reloading guns
>magazine system
oldskool my ass
>>
>>376427608
thats fucking sad. but i still hope the strafe devs can fix their shit. Its nothing that cant be fixed by regular updates
>>
File: 1493061824878.jpg (13KB, 172x199px) Image search: [Google]
1493061824878.jpg
13KB, 172x199px
>>Reeee buy our old school shooter

It is not like Doom or Quake.
>>
Having played it back to back with Brutal Doom 64, BD64 is a lot better. Strafe has potential, for sure, but for now the free options (Brutal Doom/64, Megaman 8 Bit Deathmatch)are a lot better
>>
>>376428590
>megaman 8 bit DM
ohh shit i forgot about this. ty lad
>>
File: 90sreference.png (785KB, 1923x1085px) Image search: [Google]
90sreference.png
785KB, 1923x1085px
aw shit drone buddy
>>
I might give it a try. I don't even care for retro FPSs, but there's something about low-poly graphics that speaks wonders to me
>>
>no 16:10 resolutions in 2017
>unskipable intro
>max FOV 95

I hope they drop developing fucking VR support and improve the game + add more level 'pieces' for greater variety.
>>
>>376425132
>old school games they're trying to emulate

I wish this would just stop altogether. It's nothing but a way for indie devs with no real talent to cash in on nostalgia.
>>
File: Capture.png (99KB, 519x215px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
99KB, 519x215px
Reposting from the other thread, here's everything you need to know
>enemies track you through walls, and often wait right infront of doors, meaning unavoidable damage when you open doors
>3 weapons. there are other weapons you pick up but they have 10 shots each and cant be refilled, then back to your main weapon
>of the 3 weapons, the AR is far superior to all the others, since it can 1 shot headshot basic guys
>the shotgun is by far the least enjoyable shotgun I've ever used in a game, audio designer must be deaf https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrRONvSlcmI&feature=youtu.be&t=12
>in the 80 mins I played, I encountered 5 enemy types (6 if I count basic guy wearing a helmet as a seperate enemy)
>teleporters seem to be the only carryover between playthroughs, allowing you to skip zones you've already completed
Very surprisingly, the game is fucked not because of "MUH PROCEDURAL", but because of a general lack of enemies/weapons/content. If they revamp gun sounds, re-balance main 3 weapons, add more enemy types, and stop enemies tracking you through walls, I'd recommend it
>>
WEEW LADS THE HI2U CRACK IS AN OLDER BUILD

only steam users have the 1.0 and gog is still waiting.
probably wont fix much but maybe it'll fix perfomance issues.
>>
>>376425309
You have to use the recycle machines to replenish ammo
>>
File: 1460940489128.jpg (28KB, 450x376px)
1460940489128.jpg
28KB, 450x376px
>There will never be another Strafecon.
>>
So, just thought of a reason that it doesn't feel right.

The environments are too cluttered and don't encourage circle strafing.

in a game literally TITLED STRAFE, if you STRAFE TOO MUCH you'll step in Orange Shit that will damage you.

That's FUCKED UP
>>
my god this game is crap
>>
>>376430695
how did they fuck up this bad ?
they've been working on this shit for 3 years min
>>
>>376431339

i dont mean to shill but maybe y'all just need to get good. just because the game advertises strafing and fast-paced gameplay doesn't mean they're going to make it easy.
>>
This is what you call a fucking meme game. Holy shit it's bad.
>>
>>376425309
>>376425571

holy fuck how do you fuck up this badly

like, this is borderline unbelievable, I'm going to have to watch some gameplay and confirm this isn't some bizarre smear campaign
>>
>>376430695
Thanks for the info.
>>
the weapons are super underwhelming
>>
>>376431487
>i don't mean to shill but shill shill shill
>>
File: 1391464081029.jpg (48KB, 312x247px) Image search: [Google]
1391464081029.jpg
48KB, 312x247px
>finish level with drone and 90 health + some shield
>next level orange goop monster was right around the corner behind a door and I drop to 5 health

Also who the fuck though accuracy should be an upgradable stat? The rail gun is only useful for sniping long range but you can't do that because it shoots everywhere but where you aim.
>>
This game should be at least 10 times bigger to be remotely fun.
>>
>>376432030

oh no my argument has been destroyed, curse you /v/!
>>
>FPS with the shittiest gunplay possible

I pirated it and still want a refund.
>>
what's that other ugly-looking "oldschool FPS" that's coming? I think I recall that one having better looking gameplay
>>
>>376432741
Dusk
>>
>>376432741

dusk? the only reason i care about that one is because you can do flips midair.
>>
>>376432821
>>376432837
yeah, let's hope that one doesn't fuck up in random aspects
>>
>>376431339
Acid won't damage you if you're strafe jumping.

You don't even need to do the slow mouse panning thing in the direction you're strafing so it's actually really easy to get to sanic speeds.
>>
>>376432741
>>376432821
>>376432837
>dusk

Saw that a while ago and assumed it and STRAFE as the same thing.

Dusk looks really fun.
>>
it's ok, but the areas are too tight and the guns kind of suck
i was hoping to be jumping in circles shooting motherfuckers but that's apparently not the case
>>
>>376425576
>Dead Cells is a rogue-lite, metroidvania action-platformer.
why would i be hyped for something in a genre i hate?
>>
File: 1465250756392.jpg (8KB, 269x211px) Image search: [Google]
1465250756392.jpg
8KB, 269x211px
>>376432821
>Dusk
It has a pretty good trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN1N05WmiqU

Anyone played any of it, like alpha builds?
>>
>>376434303
It also uses Unity, so I don't have high hopes.
>>
Anyone else excited for the update that'll add THE SPEEDZONE? I can't wait for weekly speedrun-focused challenges It'll be just like speedrunning the classic game Quake®, but with the rockin' gameplay of STRAFE® and I can do it weekly!
>>
>>376434303
just letting you know the same thing that happened to strafe is going to happen to dusk. As it approaches release it will be shitposted into oblivion for similar reasons besides procgen.

The same kneejerk spastic blind fueled hate we're seeing right now. Screenshot this.
>>
I'm underwhelmed, considering how long it's been indev.
>>
File: 1449104505019.gif (1MB, 311x240px) Image search: [Google]
1449104505019.gif
1MB, 311x240px
>All but one of the reviews on the "Most helpful reviews" part of the store are negative.
>>
>>376434645
But strafe is really, like really really bad.
>>
>every review is sub 2-hours

this is the problem. a lot of these reviews seem incredibly knee-jerk. a lot of times with information that simply isn't true, like not being able to kill the game-fuel vents
>>
>>376435279
The game can be completed in about an hour.
>>
>>376434645
>implying people hate Strafe for no good reason
>>
>mfw
time to go play actual quake again
told you it was gonna be shite
>>
Even Devil Daggers had patterns and strategies.

This is just... kite backwards, shoot, kite some more, run around, end.
I'm struggling to see the enemies display some intelligence.
>>
>>376435279
I played 3 hours, and am a kickstarter backer

I really wanted to like it, but it's not very good, and a lot of the reasons seem to be actual design choices rather than bugs

game can't decide if it wants to be a hardcore roguelike or a fast-paced 90's FPS, all the marketing looks like it would be the latter, but the sheer lack of health pickups and the cost of armour is so high, that the game encourages you to play slow as fuck and corner-peek
>>
>>376435279
>it gets good X hours in

This game was advertised as being oldschool, and you don't need to play it for long to see that's not the case
>>
So it's shit? Is it worth pirating?

I was really looking forward to thsi bitch
>>
>>376436084
>oldschool

please define what this means
>>
>>376436716
it can be fixed if the devs want to fix it
by that I mean all the complaints are fairly small things on their own, but are all coming together to make it very unfulfilling

if they improve weapon feedback, enemy sounds and footsteps, health rarity, and fall damage, already the game would be MUCH better
and most of those things are simple tweaks rather than needing to make something from scratch

at the moment, it's not worth it, but if the devs aren't lazy they can definitely save this
>>
>>376437042
So it will still be poor man's Quake anyway
>>
>>376435279
It's a procedurally generated roguelike, there's not going to be some hour count where the game suddenly "gets good". You can absolutely make a rough judgement call on whether you'd recommend the game to other based on 2-3 hours of playtime
>>
>>376437042
I think they also need to improve enemy hit feedback. When I blow off an enemy's limb he just keeps charging like nothing happened. At least have a 1-2 second animation of him clutching his arm or something
>>
Haha yet ANOTHER Kickstarter flop!
>>
>>376437934
Even better, another nostalgia-bait flop. Between Yooka-Laylee and this maybe people will actually wait to see something interesting or substantial from projects before backing them instead of settling for "HEY DO YOU REMEMBER X"
>>
>>376425613
>which get shitty little upgrades
SOMEONE hasn't gotten to the partswap machies yet.

Each of those three primary weapons has three additional variants in terms of primary fire that significantly change how each of them works, as well as three additional variants for the secondary fire. Please don't misinform people when you've only played the game for like 5 minutes.

>SMG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mglGNWjcGpo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbiYgpBh-Z4

>Shotgun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8bNMwESDbU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ANT4ToRVHM

>Railgun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3YTIrF6REI
>>
Soundtrack where?
>>
>>376430581
And it's mindsets like that which give people the impression there's absolutely no possibility for reasoning and choice to be any different than the most negative outcome.

>>376430695
>3 weapons
Three CATEGORIES of weapon. You can swap out to different variants of it as you play, and I'm not just talking about the piddly little perks.

Devs said there's about 20 enemy types on their stream. I haven't seen them all but I also haven't gotten out of the first zone.
>>
In lieu of this disappointment, what are some recent games that actually manage to pull off what this game was going for?
>>
>>376439365

i got the smg pellet shot upgrade, which just turns it into what the shotgun SHOULD be.
>>
holy shit, this is probaly the worst FPS i've ever played.

apart from the music this game is hot garbage.
>>
>>376439810
Ziggurat and Tower of Guns.

Though even they're a bit disappointing. At least they aren't full offensive trying to pander to nostalgia.
>>
What the fuck, i finished the ruins stage and then the game just ends.
>>
>it's going to be better than ziggurat guys

No fucking way, not even close.
>>
>>376440319
Ziggurat's weapons feel like shit, same with tower of guns which eventually turns into an unfun clusterfuck of STUFF on your screen.
>>
>>376439810
This game.

What this game was going for was an arcade survival roguelike fps, with aesthetic elements reminiscent of 90's fps. There's no real other games that offer that specific combination of genres with this specific kind of gameplay.

What you should be asking is "what are some recent games that pull off what I mistakenly expected out of this game".

>>376436716
The pirated version is an earlier build, so, no, not worth pirating. Not right now at least.

>>376436084
Dunno man, feels oldschool to me. It's got the horde shooting of post-shareware doom and especially doom 2, it's got the movement mechanics of quake 3, and it's got the visual appeal of quake 2, with a healing mechanic roughly equivalent to half life in presentation. Even if absolutely everything isn't literally 100% 90's gaming, I feel it's achieved that it's needed to achieve to be properly oldschool.

I'm going to be honest. Strafe feels like the kind of game that people in the 90's wish they could make, or at least it feels like the kind of game that I in particular wished it was possible for people like id software or ion storm to make back then.
>>
>>376439810

devil daggers definitely pulls off fast paced and hectic but its more of an arcade game.
>>
>>376439365
I did get to that thing. My assault rifle got turned into a needler, which is the same as one of the disposable guns you get, and my railgun got turned into a weaker railgun that has bouncy bullets (which rarely, if ever bounce back to an enemy).

I wasn't going to play for longer than 2 hours because I was extremely unimpressed with the core mechanics of the game, and I felt like it was gonna be a refund.
>>
>>376436716
Get the GOG version.
>>
>>376431339
>the environments are too cluttered and don't encourage circle strafing
Funny, I circle strafed like 30 dudes just a half hour ago in this tiny little elevated platform up a pair of stairs.

And by the time you start picking up speed from bunny hopping you can just go right by whole crowds of dudes without them being able to swing fast enough to hit you. Even on a long bridge above acid, it is possible to just fucking jump to the side and then curve around back onto the bridge behind the guys, never mind how simple it is to just go OVER them.
>>
>>376440637
The railgun that bounces does more damage with each bounce. You're gonna want to bounce it off the ceiling, then a wall, then the floor, into the back of a group so it hits maximum power and explodes since it does such piddly damage when you just shoot something straight on (better rely on your secondary, or the throwaway guns)
>>
STRAFE® is worse than Duke Nukem Forever.
>>
This is neither an old-school shooter nor a roguelike.

This game is a complete failure in every aspect.
>>
>>376440909
>The railgun that bounces does more damage with each bounce

how the fuck are you supposed to know that
>>
>>376425132
>6/20 default visible reviews are positive
BLUNDER OF THE MILLENIA
>>
It's not as bad as some faggots are making it out to be, although enemies are a bit too stupid. The walking turrets track you through walls, which is ridiculous, and there's not enough audio feedback from enemies. There really needs to be way to know if an enemy is behind you.
The gunplay is good, though, especially when compared to other fps roguelites, but weapon sounds could use an upgrade. Should also have the option to disable reloading. Can't comment on level enemy variety since i haven't played enough.
Basically, there's wasted potential, but I won't refund it as it's still a fun game, and I'm hoping they'll fix the issues people have.
>>
>>376441134
old skool d00d!!!!
>>
>>376441134
>i need handholding
>>
>>376441230

the game is fun its just not 20 bucks fun. i'll totally re-buy it when it goes on sale.
>>
>>376425576
In yesterday's Strafe thread someone mentioned how the more subtle shilling going on was people going into threads about other games and bringing up another game and implying that it was better.
Nice try, faggot.
>>
This is what happens when a 21 year old business marketing major blackmails his autistic programmer friend into making a game for him.
>>
>>376441350

>lmao you should be able to figure out this completely foreign concept
>>
>>376441134
By experimenting, fuckwit. If it changes colours with each bounce, there's a good chance that something other than colour is changing as well.
>>
File: 1490205143335.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1490205143335.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>shoot for 1 second
>reload lmao
>>
>>376441623
>i need handholding
>>
>>376441623
This, people. This right here. This is the new generation. Trial and error is a completely foreign concept to these creatures. They absolutely must be told everything in no uncertain terms and can't fathom of discovering things for themselves. They only look so deep before judging the ocean for the beach.
>>
>>376441938

t. Pixel Titans dev
>>
>>376434303
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOAbv_Ey6eY
The music is pretty cool,
Probably going to end up like strafe but who know stranger things have happened.
>>
File: renge.jpg (229KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
renge.jpg
229KB, 1920x1080px
>>376439365
>those fucking gunsounds
>>
>>376441938

piss off, learning that ricochet'd shots do more damage is not 'trial and error'. that implies you have the time to pay attention to your shot hitting a target, then knowing whether or not that target takes more than one normal shot to die in the first place. the only way to find out that mechanic is by complete accident, like a stray bolt bouncing in a corner then all of a sudden nuking a big enemy. stop trying to act like you're this hot shit oldfag g4mer just because you figured out some obtuse game mechanic.
>>
>>376442240
The super shotgun was the only gun that sounded halfway decent in Doom.

>>376434986
It's really, really not.

>>376435465
A lot of them don't. It's the same bullshit every time.

An aversion to procedural generation, claiming in the exact same words every time that the reason old shooters were so memorable was because of their level design, as if you can't handcraft large tiles and just modify them depending on how they're randomly connected, but more importantly, as if old shooter levels weren't convoluted, labyrinthine, circuititious bullshit most of the time, made worse by key and keycard collection (actually my primary gripe with Strafe, being the disembodied head keys, and a similar gripe with D44M.)

An aversion to the sounds used for the guns, ignoring that not all gun sounds back then were made equally (the Super Shotgun of Doom being the only one that sounded even remotely decent - the enemies sounded way better)..

Some retarded comparison to Minecraft in terms of graphics.
>>
>>376435706
Or you could learn to move like you were playing Quake 3.
>>
>>376442414
Are you so retarded that you're not going to experiment with shooting your new gun the moment you get it, and fail to note something like "the bounce turns more red with each bounce before hitting a surface it explodes on after getting the most red"?

Because right now you are defending that level of retardation.
>>
>>376442083
>he isn't blindly shitting on it
>must be a dev
Getting real sick and tired of this meme.
>>
>GO FAST
>suddenly your char stops becasue 3 fast
>GO FAST
>dead
>realize you get hurt by falling down

Literally DONT GO SO FAST PLS, TAKE COVER AND WAIT FOR THE ENEMY TO COME the game.

Jesus fucking christ thank god it was 6 bucks.
>>
B L U N D E R
L
U
N
D
E
R
>>
>>376433478
>>376432837
>>376432741
How the fuck do you think that looks fun? I legitimately don't understand how you could think that. It's the worst parts of the 90's shooters (circuititious and labytinthine level design) with the graphics of Silent Hill (which only work well in a horror context), and literally every enemy goes "GET HIM" "KILL HIM" "INTRUDER" upon noticing you. At least Quake had the good sense to give enemies ambient sounds and active sounds like grunts, moans, hissing or murmering so you knew what you were coming into, instead of the same retarded dialogue every single fucking time you walked into a room.

I'm going to do you a favour. Go play Nocturne in Yellow.
>>
>>376443586
You can get glide boots as you progress.

I do think it's kinda weird that stairs hate you, though.
>>
>>376440502
Tower of Guns at least lets you go wild and be an OP piece of shit, but once you've got like 10 playthroughs under your belt, you've played the whole game. It is not very replayable at all.

related, anyone know how that Immortal Redneck game is?
It looks kind of offputting like Ziggurat is with the floaty looking enemies and the plastic weapons
>>
>>376443873
labyrinthine*
also labyrinthine level design is the best part of those old games. That's why most people hate NuDoom, Serious Sam, and PainKiller. You just walk into a room, door lock behind you, and you have to kill everything to unlock the next door.

Having a big open level is what makes those game fun.
>>
>>376442971
>90's dos game
>the standard for modern sound design

anon please. The rocket launcher and plasma gun were decent too, and I personally liked the sound of the regular shotgun as well.

Also the chainsaw.
>>
Havent seen such blatant shilling in a while
>>
File: jumpglide.jpg (179KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
jumpglide.jpg
179KB, 1280x720px
>>376444442
Really? Because it was my impression that most people loved D44M. And it managed to have wide open areas with secrets without becoming labyrinthine and too circuititious.

>you just walk into a room, door lock behind you, and you have to kill everything to unlock the next door

That doesn't describe D44M very well at all. It does have segments like that, but they're hardly the entire game, not even close.

>>376444776
The rocket launcher and plasma guns sounded like noises I could make with my mouth, while the chainsaw as just a pitch-shifted vuvuzela on loop unless it was idling.

Now, if we were talking about Quake 1's rocket launcher, that's a whole other beast.

>>376443586
>>376443969
Found them. Bought in the shop, it's a jetpack in terms of model and left-of-the-hud icon, but it's rocket boots in the inventory. Odd, that, but it does effectively let you lengthen a jump and help to soften landings.

>>376445437
>thread is full of vitriol
>OP literally opens with a fucking torrent
>blatant shilling
Just because not everyone is shitting on it doesn't mean the few that aren't are shills. Everyone knows /v/ is an echo chamber, and yet people are strangely surprised that not everyone just wants to mindlessly echo pure bullshit.
>>
>>376445667
that's the thing about this game, if they state they're going over the top with violent, gratifying FPS gameplay, why the hell would they make the gun sounds so god damned WIMPY

I'm still interested in this game, but the SMG and shotgun both sound like peashooters and lack any real impact. They're totally at odds with the gore flying everywhere.
>>
File: 1485668695524.jpg (29KB, 238x357px) Image search: [Google]
1485668695524.jpg
29KB, 238x357px
>gives you the ability to bunnyhop and fast speeds
>almost every room/hallway you inevitably have to enter has a low ceiling stopping all of your momentum

whats the fucking point?
>>
File: 20170509164710_1.jpg (204KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20170509164710_1.jpg
204KB, 1280x720px
The fuck is this? I bought it for 75 credits, I think. Brought up with Q for item, so I'm guessing it's probably one time use.

I hope it fucking skitters off, looking for enemies, then explodes. I'm going to be disappointed if it's just a glorified grenade - I have secondary fires for that.

>>376445910
I dunno man, I guess the gun sounds just don't bother me. Although I do remember that in the doom modding community there was some talk about what made a gun feel good, and that a lot of it had to do with sound and animation, so maybe it is more important than I give it credit for.
>>
>>376446287
Oh, it was a limited use health restoration item. You crush like four of them in your hands and get 5 health each. Presumably for topping up.
>>
>>376446287
if your gun has serious impact, like the recoil is intense and jerks it around on screen, in my opinion it should SOUND like it's responsible for this motion.

Currently there's a disconnect between the motion and the sound presented. It's jarring and takes away from the overall experience for many people. It's why people started to enjoy battlefield more than call of duty, the sound design was top notch where COD's was muffled compared to DICE.
>>
>>376446662
Are you sure it wasn't because having an actual BATTLEFIELD wasn't more interesting than just 1v1 me scrub?
>>
File: Object.jpg (1MB, 1546x1214px) Image search: [Google]
Object.jpg
1MB, 1546x1214px
>Start seeing regular room repeats by the third playthrough
>Find a room with the king skeletor gun from shadow warrior, bugged to do no damage (couldn't even open crates with it), disabled weapon switching until useless ammo was spent, wasn't even low poly
>antigrav lift thingie gently bumps my head against the roof and instagibs me
>hunt for secrets, shoot a couple conspicuous panels that both opened up compartments containing three small health pickups(?), which was 100% of the secrets for that level.
>railgun isn't accurate, nor does it penetrate
>>
File: 20170509170655_1.jpg (226KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20170509170655_1.jpg
226KB, 1280x720px
Found the teleporter people were talking about. It's not particularly clear in my screenshot, but there seems to be some ghostly outlines. I'm gonna assume there are parts you need to collect to fix it over multiple runs.

...Two of those outlines look similar to something I saw in the shop at the end of level 2.
>>
>>376447447
it was definitely one of the factors, but sound design and graphics/animation contributed big time to average consumer perception of the two products.
>>
I played a good bit of it earlier. I got the feeling that it's supposed to be played fast. Like after a while you sort of recognise the rooms and know where to go. I managed to get through the first area within the par times but yeah.

There's no point in rewarding quickness if you add fucking fall damage from weird heights.
>>
>>376447548
Reverse image search and 'object' is doing nothing for me, anon.

also
>railgun isn't accurate
????
I can pick off those fucking ceilingclingers from like 50 feet away, how's that not accurate, especially compared to the smg or the shotgun?

The blast-fuzor might be more your speed.
https://youtu.be/X3YTIrF6REI?t=61
after 1 minute.

>>376447819
The shop at the end of level 2 has retro rockets you can buy that let you jumpglide or slow down just before hitting the ground after a fall.
>>
File: 20170509171602_1.jpg (186KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20170509171602_1.jpg
186KB, 1280x720px
The fuck, I ain't seen no tokens yet. Is that a Zone 2 thing?
>>
File: 20170509171646_1.jpg (185KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20170509171646_1.jpg
185KB, 1280x720px
>>376448340
That screenshot was terrible.
>>
Is it me or is this game stuttery as fuck?
>>
>>376448586
It is a little bit. Especially at the end of levels because for some reason it's generating the next level as you walk into the exit room, instead of during the elevator ride.

Even as someone who's enjoying himself with the game, that's a pretty ??? thing to do.
>>
it's a very bland shooter that plays nothing like a 90s shooter

gg devs
>>
>>376448586
Blame Unity.
>>
File: 20170509173251_1.jpg (224KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20170509173251_1.jpg
224KB, 1280x720px
Fuck yeah, rocket launcher.

The zerglings in this level are assholes. Fuckers like to jump and take like three blasts from the standard shotgun to kill, though they very nicely go down with just one from the super shotgun.
>>
File: 537537.jpg (13KB, 157x132px) Image search: [Google]
537537.jpg
13KB, 157x132px
>see the trailer, think it's the best thing ever
>graphics look kinda like quake
>the game is marketed as throwback to doom, quake, unreal, and other oldschool first person shootans that no longer exist in modern gaming
>hear about procedurally generated maps, uh oh
>mfw watching the gameplay videos

Honestly, what the fuck? If they wanted to make oldschool shooter in vain of Quake, why the fuck would they not craft the levels like in Quake without that procedural shit? Before I heard about the randomized levels, I thought it would have those cleverly designed levels with cleverly positioned powerups and monsters etc. just like in the real oldschool first person shooters.
And you can carry only one gun? What the fuck!

Good thing I can just keep playing on Quake and Doom and not spend a dime on this.
>>
File: 1493349653940.jpg (10KB, 236x240px) Image search: [Google]
1493349653940.jpg
10KB, 236x240px
>>376436836
Quake1/2 and Doom 1/2
>>
>>376425132
>Name and logo rips out Strife, which is also an FPS
>The fake year of release is also the same
And I thought Strife, the shitty dead MOBA, was bad enough.
>>
>>376425132
absolute garbage

>dude its a retro shooter like doom, quake and shit!

except it fucking isnt, its roguelike which means HP and armor are rarer than sightings of todd's honesty

i was optimistic but cautios, the endless shilling the last month was a big red flag
>>
>>376449935
It's not like every single aspect of the level is procedurally generated, man. They've gotta hide monster closets and secrets with health and such somehow. There's a limited number of tiles that are designed in a way as to not be too soulless when matched together. Enough to make repeat playthroughs feel different, but not so many that you can't begin to recognize tiles and their secrets. That keycards exist, being placed in different tiles than the door that uses them, is a pretty clear sign that they're designed in such a way as to interconnect smartly, rather than just slapping them together and calling it a day, too. This isn't just Binding of Isaac but a 3D FPS.

Besides, the only well-designed episode in Quake was Episode 1, the shareware, and after that everything got homogeneous and bland as fuck. Same with Doom - the shareware was far better than the rest of the game.

Having reached Zone 2, Level 2, the monsters can get pretty tricky. Some of the rocks are actually hidden golem fuckers, and the walls will explode out with a bunch of enemies right behind you the moment you think you're in a good position.

Also, no, you start off with just one gun, but pick up various auxiliary weapons like explosive bug grenades or throwaway weapons with limited ammo that can then be thrown to explode when you're done with them, or smashed over an enemy's head. It's worth noting that your primary gun has a secondary fire, too.

Keep in mind, this IS a roguelike. It's a lot like Binding of Isaac in the sense that you're primarily augmenting one thing, and not as much like Enter the Gungeon.

>>376450443
There are such things as false shillers, you know. People that use "shilling" to mask their intentions of fucking with people. Honestly it's one of the most malevolent kinds of trolls on this board, since it so directly relates to shit we love and/or hate.

The devs claim to not even USE 4chan. There is the possibility that they're lying, but even so.
>>
>>376451265
I'm making a game and I'm afraid of ever slipping up and revealing that I browse imageboards because if the game ever gets even remotely popular, the false shills will be free to obnoxiously post about it and it'll look like it's me who's doing the shilling
>>
What do you do with food? I filled up the slots, no idea what it did.
>>
File: 20170509173704_1.jpg (209KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20170509173704_1.jpg
209KB, 1280x720px
Now, anti-negativity responses aside...

Leftmost seems like a piece of the teleporter.

Second leftmost is... I don't fucking know, but it's got "regen" and a health symbol. If it's a mod that'll carry through the rest of the playthrough as opposed to limited use, that'll be fucking dandy.

Third looks like some sort of gloves. No clue what they could be though. I'd prefer if it wasn't some limited-use item, but permanently unlocked some kind of hand blast or punching weapon.

The fourth is... a collar or a belt. I have no fucking clue. It's a complete mystery to me.

>>376451575
Someone in a thread the other day who went to PAX explained it to me like this: The food will recover something like 10 hp per part. If you're already at full health, then you overfill, and once you completely overfill, you get an extra +10 maximum health permanently, but need to reach that new maximum again before you can overfill again.

Basically it's a mechanic that rewards players players who are hard to kill by making them even harder to kill in case they slip up.
>>
>>376451734
Thanks
>>
>>376425132
>STRAFE-HI2U
>not GOG version

honestly its disappointing.
its incredibly fucking easy for the most part. but bugs ruin the entire experience. you get stuck on corpses and have to start over. enemies can get stuck in invincibility frames or shoot you through geometry. framerate is like a giger counter if radiation where to fluctuate as often as the average womens feelings on that day of the month.
guns feel like you are shooting nerf guns and most enemies dont make any sounds as you shoot them. the basic enemy in the first level for example does not shout when he charges at you and has no deathcries. it just falls over when shot or looses a few limbs and shoots blood like its a waterhose.
the levels also can be hit or miss depending on how they were generated. not all tiles seem to be able to blend into each other so you get abrupt transitions whit textures that dont blend well or at all.
it feels nothing like doom or quake.
mobility is also lackluster.
your jump is basically your get out of jail free card. keep jumping and you never get hit by anything.

4/10
>>
>can jump over hordes of enemies

I legit dont know if this is a bug or a feature
>>
File: 20170509175958_1.jpg (154KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20170509175958_1.jpg
154KB, 1280x720px
Bought the "regen" mod. Put a blue line somewhere on my health bar. Have no fucking clue what's going on. Maybe it's "regens if you're already over a certain amount of health"?

Can't even figure out how to change the item highlight in my inventory to get a description. Gonna have to look that up since I very nearly accidentally shot the shop clerk trying to check it out.

Oh well.

Gloves or belt, wat buy

>>376452123
Pretty sure it's a feature given there's taller dudes out there as you progress through the game and the mooks in the first zone are just there as cannon fodder.

If you couldn't jump over them, if you somehow let yourself get caught on all sides, you'd simply be fucked to death.
>>
File: 20170509180829_1.jpg (158KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20170509180829_1.jpg
158KB, 1280x720px
Got gloves.

Icon on left suggests magnet hands. Probably wider pickup radius for shit.
>>
>>376448157
>Reverse image search and 'object' is doing nothing for me, anon.
Part 1:
https://exhentai.org/g/955330/5ca48adcd2/
Part 2:
https://exhentai.org/g/1050071/05e4386c3f/
>>
File: 20170509181130_1.jpg (97KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20170509181130_1.jpg
97KB, 1280x720px
SPOOKY FOG
HOUSE IN THE GROUND
ZERGLINGS
THUNDER
AND LIGHTNING
VERY VERY FRIGHTENING

A zergling poked its way into the zonechange literally the second I opened the door, and scratched off 12 of my newly-bought shields. Fuck you.
>>
what does the video option make strafe worse do?
>>
Oh, okay. As I'm shooting things, the regen mod lights up. I guess it makes it so that as I kill, I gain health back.
>>
>>376453161
makes everything blurry
>>
What did you expect from a unity game
>>
>>376453161
Super pixelizes the game. Like you were playing on 320x240.
>>
File: 1477797038126.jpg (22KB, 352x240px) Image search: [Google]
1477797038126.jpg
22KB, 352x240px
Just refunded the game. It's interesting, but it's really fucking poorly made. The AI is on par with Minecraft. Mobs will dart to your direction regardless of an obstacle in the way; running into the wall till you move in any other direction that gets them unstuck.

I have no fucking idea what I'm getting in those boxes. The only thing I seem to be picking up is junk and every now and again, ammo. Those other colored power up things don't seem to be boosting anything.

BUGS. I've fallen through the map seven times total in my 90 minutes of play. You fall down into space, then get beamed back to your original spot, but the game is fucked after that. Mobs stop moving and don't die. Everything is broken and all you can do is restart the game. Died to the slow-opening door that loads you into the next level twice, and I was killed by a bot who was shooting through the map walls.

I never made it past any other map type, so I'm not sure if the music changes, but that first song gets repetitive really fucking fast.
>>
>>376425571
>No Medkits
>No jump/strafe spam
>No bullet well for guns
>Reloading
>Ammo conservation via magazine system

This is all a joke, right? This game is like the anti-retro FPS.
>>
When the trailer for this game released FPS genre was incredibly stagnant.

Now, with Doom 4 existing and other original and fast paced FPS coming through even from main stream, Strafe is a joke.
>>
>>376427467
It is. But it also sounds nothing like Doom/Quake/Duke3D.

It's too retro. Like mid-80's.

I cant believe they dropped the ball this hard.
>>
Why the fuck does the framerate plummet to single digits in the level end rooms? There's nothing even in there.
>>
i bought the collector's edition and they promised it by today (preordered it weeks ago)

I sent them an email in regards to it and they shipped it 30 minutes after i sent them the email

holy fuck i'm throwing that shit up on ebay once i get it

fuck this game
>>
>>376454907
I think it generates next map
>>
>>376454907
It's loading the next level and deloading the one you were in. Notice that once you're in the room the door outside closes.
>>
So, how fast will it be until the devs make it so that you can only post on the Steam forums if you own the game?
>>
And Superhot still remains to be the only good Unity game in existence
>>
>>376454232
I just reached what I assume to be the end of Zone 2, here, the caverns.

As for the boxes, those are gun perks, as explained by the tutorial. While it doesn't go into what each one does, it should be fairly obvious by their icons. They're a lot like boosting Isaac's tears in the Binding of, and the gun mod stations that swap out your primary or secondary are more like adjusting exactly what he shits out of his face and.

Skull is damage, crosshairs is accuracy, bullets in a pile is ammo capacity, and bullets zooming is fire rate.

The big boxes with scrap flying out, you shoot multiple times to get all the scrap out. Scrap, obviously, is used to get you more ammo or shields.

I haven't fallen out of the map even once in my 188 minutes of play.

>>376454660
>no medkits
You can find them or shield kits in the secret rooms sometimes, and there are food packs on various walls.

>no jump/strafe spam
You're joking, right?

Those last three are all the same thing, but are admittedly a legitimate gripe.

>>376454907
Because they're generating the next level the moment you get there. It makes sense in Zone 2: Caverns because the door in the level end rooms DIRECTLY leads into the next area, rather than an elevator. Though I do wish they'd optimized it better.

>>376454841
It's early-90's, which you've got to remember just came out of the 80's so it's not like all 80's stuff was immediately phased out. However it certainly doesn't feel like doom/quake/duke3d. I don't think that's a particular sin though, given that just because something's trying to hearken back to that era, doesn't necessarily mean it can't be its own thing, instead of just an endless barrage of homages. I enjoyed seeing an E1M1 tile with the four pillars around the dip in the room in Z1L2, but I'd be kinda weirded out if the whole game was nothing but callbacks to older games.
>>
File: 20170509184322_1.jpg (137KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20170509184322_1.jpg
137KB, 1280x720px
fuck you lemme play the gameboy
>>
File: 1494023047983.jpg (344KB, 2000x2129px) Image search: [Google]
1494023047983.jpg
344KB, 2000x2129px
>game about going fast
>final boss puts you in a pool of blood which makes you slow as a snail and can barely see the enemies because they can just walk on the floor like the blood isn't even there.
I like how the devs even said that bosses in FPS games suck yet they still ended up making a boss that makes most other FPS bosses look like masterpieces.
>>
>>376425309
What the fuck? So much for it being an old-school game.
>>
>>376455527
You seem to know a bit. How in the fuck do you find secret rooms?
>>
A lot of my complaints would be fixed if the stations let you buy ammo for any gun. It kind of feels like shit that all the gun pick ups are just temporary the instant you run out of ammo. I don't want to play the game with a single primary. I want it to feel good when I pick up a new gun.
>>
This game is an abysmal, embarrassing failure in every possible regard. Truly a disappointment, it could have been fun but can't even manage that. As expected, the randomized level meme ends up being a huge problem and the gunplay feels like complete ass.
>>
>>376455527

>Ammo is hard to come by
>Use ammo to get more scrap that is a tiny fraction of the worth of ammo
>0LDSK00L

To pay homage to older games there would be no containers but crates, and you'd expect crates to not really give a payout most of the time while everything else, like scrap lockers or those upgrade boxes, were just walk-over-to-pickup
>>
File: 1493933980205.png (484KB, 574x516px) Image search: [Google]
1493933980205.png
484KB, 574x516px
>those steam reviews
holy shit, I knew it would be mediocre shovelware, but that's just sad
>>
>>376455527
KILL YOURSELF DEVELOPER

STOP FUCKING SHILLING YOUR TURD OF A GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAYBE IF YOU SPENT 1/100 OF THE TIME YOU SPEND SHILLING ON MAP DESIGN INSTEAD OF PROCEDURAL SHIT YOUR GAME WOULD BE BETTER THAN A WEAK 3 (OUT OF 10)
>>
>>376439365
Man devs are in full damage control
>>
>>376442971
>The super shotgun was the only gun that sounded halfway decent in Doom.

What is it with this dev shit talking doom to try and make people think strafe is good? He's been doing it all day. That poster didn't even bring up doom he just said strafe had shit sounds (which it does)
>>
>>376456273
he's insecure that a 20 year old game is better in every single way to his shitty indie memegame
>>
There's a market for roguelikes so even if I hate them I guess they're okay to make. But don't try to dress your boring ass roguelike up like something it's not.

The trailer/ad was funny though.
>>
>it's early 90s which is basically late 80s so it may as well just be pong desu imo desu bros it was never meant to be like quake
>pic related destroys the shills lies
>>
>>376437413
Nuclear Throne kicks up after you first loop and gets even more fun and intense and that usually takes people 20+ hours to get it their first time and do it consistently. If I quit playing after my first 2 hours I'd have lost out on a ton of fun and a 200 hour time sink
>>
>>376455672
Haven't gotten to the end yet, but it doesn't sound pleasant.

And this is after DOOM's bosses being pretty decent, considering. Something I heard the dev mention on a stream or interview.

>>376455742
Gonna be honest, not too sure. I think most of them happen to be monster closets also, but I've heard somewhere that depending on the zone, certain parts of the environment might be destructible.

I know I found at least one with three shield modules that gave 10 shields each, but fuck if I could tell how I found it.

>>376455861
I do kind of agree with you, especially when it comes to the weapons that are very obviously some kind of variant of one of your primary weapons. But this is Binding of Isaac: The Shooter. You can only expect so much.

Thankfully the devs seem to have more content in mind in the future and more updates over time, so here's hoping it receives Terraria-tier love from them.

>>376455921
The randomized levels don't change a thing. Rather, I'm beginning to suspect that complaining about procedural levels is itself a meme, though I would hope one born of ignorance rather than stupidity.

>>376455936
Those scrap boxes have yielded well over a thousand scrap for me, which is enough for several clips worth of ammo and more than makes up for the half a clip used to empty them out.

I do find the "shoot box then jump over it" to be really weird and not at all intuitive or fluid, though. I wonder what inspired that bit of design.
>>
>spend years working on an old school shooter type game
>dont go to kickstarter and deal with all that shit, just keep it as a weekend hobby project with some friends that takes way too long to get done
>this trash comes out and is 100% marketing, the game is even called fucking STRAFE and it uses the default unity movement instead of strafe jumping
>immediate kotaku articles and kickstarter $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
>devolver digital shilling this steaming pile of shit
>$20
>everyone realizes it's shit and thinks "oh i guess old school shooters are shit"

it's just so fucking demotivating
>>
>>376456625
You talk like a fag and your shit's all retarded.
>>
>>376456660
>everyone realizes it's shit and thinks "oh i guess old school shooters are shit"

Will never happen, you're worrying for nothing. Doom 4 was a huge fucking sucess.
>>
>>376456625
>>376455527
>>376451734
>>376451265
>>376445667
>>376439365

jesus christ these are all so obvious its one person shilling fucking hard, most likely the dev. Just give it up dude, no one cares and no one wants to play your shitty "classic" fps that plays nothing like a classic fps
>>
>>376442971
why are you shilling your game in a board full of people that fucking hate it
why dont you pick a subreddit that's at least impartial where you might have a chance of making a single sale on your awful game?
>>
shill harder haha
>>
>>376456767
>nudoom shovelware
>old school shooter
this is exactly what i was talking about
kill yourself
>>
>>376456660
Alright anon, from a doom modder to you, a dude making an old-style FPS game, show me your shit.
>>
>>376456967
>Shovelware
If you think Doom 4 didn't live up to classic Doom you should consider scrapping your shitty "classic" game and fuck off as Doom 4 has many decisions which are based off the originals which is what makes its combat good.
>>
>>376456660
No need to fret anon, no one thinks old school shooters are bad. This game is getting rightfully torn apart for claiming to be one in all the marketing and ending up nothing at all like any of them. It's a terrible Roguelike with floaty, god awful gunplay and mindless Serious Sam hordes.
>>
Honestly all this game needs are some tweaks to its fundamentals and it could literally be an 8 or 9 out of 10. It has the basis for a great game but they just implemented everything in the complete wrong way.
>>
>>376456660
At least be honest that the only reason you don't go to KS is that no one would back your shit game.
>>
this game was like 90% marketing, which I'm pretty sure broke some new lows with indie/kickstarter shit
>>
gimme a free game key you shill fuck.
>>
>>376457185
Doom 4 was literally a fucking 6/10 though. It's gunplay was the only decent part about it but that was dragged down by literally everything else.
>>
>Anons falling for the hype machine Devolver makes for most of their games.
>>
>>376457338
>376457338
explain
>>
>>376457185
> Doom 4 has many decisions which are based off the originals
i dont think brutal doom + locking the player in a small arena while 10 monsters trickle in at a tim has anything to do with "the originals"
>>
>>376457381
Fucking this. They have so many games that look amazing but are actually 5/10 pieces of shit
>>
>>376457032
my game has the exact same shotgun reload animation, i'd post that shit if i was at my workstation right now
>>
>>376456116
>>376456158
>>376456273
>three posts calling me a dev in less than two minutes
I'd say this meme never gets old, but that'd be lying.

Please refer to >>376443425

Call my standards low if you like (I mean, they are, I've played Drakengard all the way to Ending E thrice and enjoyed it each time), but honestly, being called people that I am not is one of my biggest pet peeves.

Don't you think it's more likely that I'm trying to convince myself that a game I was hyped for and following the development for two years of isn't as bad as the board that has a reputation for being needlessly negative and has a habit of horribly overexaggerating things, makes it out to be?

>>376456783
I'm making no attempt at hiding that I'm probably the only person trying to be positive in this thread. I'm not trying to convince anyone to buy the game, though, I'm just trying to be informative and give counterpoints so the echochamber has some pushback from someone who isn't completely dead on the inside.

>>376456806
Because I don't give a shit about making sales? It ain't my game. And I've been here since the mid 2000's, I'm not about to move to reddit just because you don't like that I'm not just blindly shitting everywhere.

I just want to have an actual fucking discussion instead of literally every thread being inundated with

THE GUNS SOUND LIKE SHIT
JUST ONE GUN
RELOADING THIS ISN'T QUAKE AT ALL
PROCEDURAL GENERATION THIS ISN'T QUAKE AT ALL
GO PLAY DUSK/ZIGGURAT INSTEAD FAGGOTS

and nothing but. I tried to have a discussion BEFORE the game released, but apparently there'd been a shilling problem (which I'm honestly convinced was falseflagging) and I just got lumped in with that as a result.
>>
>>376457415
Not that guy, but I feel almost the same way about Doom 4's single player. The arena style battles where the doors lock and you fight like 4-5 monsters at a time and wait for more to spawn in isn't the same as having the monsters just waiting for you and then start wandering around if you don't kill them. I'm actually not big on the weapon upgrades either, because without them most of the guns are kinda crap, once you get the upgrade modules and shit they're a lot of fun, but a gun should be awesome when you first get it, damn it.

It's not awful though, and it stands head and shoulders above most modern FPS campaigns nowadays, and it's a step in the right direction, but the original 2 doom games blow it out of the fucking water.

>>376457581
Good taste.
>>
>>376456625

Procedural generation is really overrated, and is only praised because it's a bit of marketing.
It's a tool for great developers to extend life, but nobody cares how long it takes to get through a game if it's boring consistently.
This is a good case to argue that it was used as a crutch. You can't tell if they would have done better actually designing the levels, but they clearly didn't attempt to solve one of the major issues just mentioning procgen brings: How do you texture a level you don't know the layout of? Good textures are made bespoke for the place it will appear, procgen denies that, so you'll just get shit textures (grey tiling everywhere and random nonsensical placement of details that turn out not yield secrets and only appear in rare corner pieces or pits).

They could have easily made it so there's boundaries on the map that relates to e.g. a space station/ship exterior, so windows would be generated but only in certain places, so you get a big sense of direction without looking at the (shitty) map, and immediately that provides some satisfying relief to just exploring and moving around the level.
>>
>>376457640
no one believes you faggot, just accept your game sucks dick
>>
>>376457338
>but that was dragged down by literally everything else.

So you mean it was dragged down by the

>Soundtrack
>Level design
>Story
>Graphics
>Weaponry

>>376457508
Doom 4 is better than any fucking Brutal Doom introduced, getting sick of this "Brutal Doom" meme, where the fuck is it coming from, is it just due to Brutal Kills? They may have gotten an inspiration from that, but unlike Brutal Doom they serve a purpose.

Everything in Doom 4 has its place in combat. Brutal Doom doesn't, it's a fucking mess of some random retarded ideas the modder had.

Also calling the "Arenas" small or claiming there are just ten monsters makes you look like a retard
Oh wait, all of those things are decent or really fucking good.
>>
>>376457640

Go fuck yourself Pixel Titans.
>>
File: 1492845994921.jpg (91KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1492845994921.jpg
91KB, 750x750px
>>376457640
>why are you shitting on a shitty game
>>
>>376457640
yeah fyi only a dev would be emotionally invested enough to make autistic 2000 char posts every time someone says his shitty cash grab was bad
be glad you got to run off with everybodys kickstarter money, because that's the only achievement you made with this trash.
>>
>>376457716
I liked the arena style shit. when I got to hell for the second time i got bored and annoyed, but it wasnt so bad.

Maybe I'm wrong. maybe doom WAS bad.
>>
>>376457807
I liked D44M, but I'm pretty sure there was a 12 monster limit.
>>
>>376458107
I am not declining that, but they kept respawning new and new monsters at you.

For whatever's worth, Quake 1 had a monster limit too I believe. Speaking of which, Doom 4 felt much more like Quake than a Doom game, but I guess that is why I loved it so much
>>
File: 1494280029967.jpg (1MB, 2266x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1494280029967.jpg
1MB, 2266x1600px
>>376457246
Let's see
>guns actually have impact
>enemies actually make nosie
>fix the movement system when landing (not sure what it is but your momentum just gets fucked for a few seconds if you stop strafejumping)
>completely remove or rework the final boss, it's just plain horrible.
>weapons you find shouldn't just be one magazine then throw away
>give the player a choice when you get a gun mod machine instead of just randomly giving them something they might not want.
>magazine size should be higher at the start, make ammo less plentiful in the late game areas (way to easy to get x99 magazines in area 3-4) and have secondary shots use separate ammo from the main shots.
>fix the shitty performance
>murderzone should have actually changing waves of all the enemies instead of just the basic enemies over and over again.
>make it so you can't see the same room twice or more in the same run
>have the map actually show more of the map instead of being so zoomed in you can't see shit
etc
>>
>>376457807
>Also calling the "Arenas" small or claiming there are just ten monsters makes you look like a retard
Alright, let's see some gameplay footage with 10+ active monsters at the same time. You seem to be intimately familiar with Doom 4, so let's see it.
I enjoyed my time with Doom 4, and I wouldn't call it trash, but it's definitely not as good as the original Doom games, it also kinda sucks infighting isn't as much of a thing as it was in the classic games. Oh sure sometimes enemies can wind up killing eachother but I never saw one get pissed at the other, forget about you and try to take a bite out of the ass of something that pissed it off.

>>376458042
It's not bad, but the problem with the arena style combat and locking the damn doors is you start getting into a routine of backpedaling and shooting dudes. At least with the original games every monster had a different way of fighting them, you backpedaled from pinkies, strafed imps, either got behind a wall or another monster with the human hitscanners, etc.
>>
File: Screenshot_3.jpg (86KB, 1319x580px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_3.jpg
86KB, 1319x580px
How the fuck did Strafe get funded and not Song of Horror?
>>
>>376458217
There's a sign above the gun mod shop showing you what mod it's going to give
>>
>>376458042
I just got sick of looking for different colour skulls.
>>
File: Screenshot_4.jpg (157KB, 1189x608px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_4.jpg
157KB, 1189x608px
>>376458324
>>
>>376458342
>implying any of those symbols are decipherable

The game doesn't tell you what fucking any of the items and powerups do, there's no telling what you get there unless you've seen it dozens of times and memorize what it looks like.
>>
>>376457807

>hurf durf durf DELET THIS

The arenas in Doom 4 are shit, play the classic levels and see how even when you enter certain rooms, it doesn't spawn any enemies in there because THERE IS A MAXIMUM LIMIT OF DEMONS ACROSS THE ENTIRE MAP EVEN THOUGH NONE ARE ALIVE IN THE REST OF THE MAP TO TAKE UP RESOURCES.
It is a spawn limit of about 10, they're not retarded, you are. It's like you've never been in Snapmap. It's like you've never noticed why the rooms get locked and killing all the demons once with a BFG doesn't unlock them. It's why there's no demons already in places except the super retarded (as in AI wise) possessed that are just there like bowling pins and the odd imp. Only argent facility stands out as the exception to this and it's with zoning trickery like the classic levels (which break when e.g. you sequence break, go backwards and have demons spawn behind you).

Also
>everything has its place in Combat
Compared to Doom or Quake, no it fucking doesn't. Being in an arena means all the weapons automatically have to be CQC viable, and double jumping/platforming is the only way to prevent most players from being destroyed by high damage demon attacks (even with argent upgrades to tank it). This is also shown in classic levels where "Zombies" do close to 30 damage per hit except their charge attacks, which can OHKO, pinky demons OHKO with charges and bites etc.
Meanwhile the weapons themselves are the main reason I don't really want to replay Doom 2016: I just can't be bothered picking out a gun when I'm low on ammo, sitting exploiting the time stop of the weapon wheel while I simply consider what guns have ammo and which might sound interesting to use out of the lot of them. Doom and Quake meant every weapon was to be used in certain situations - because those weapons were massively more effective on specific enemies or level design situations.
Arenas + enemy design threw this out.
>>
woooooow this game is hot garbage
>>
>>376458601
Well yeah, usually that's how first time seeing things works. And you can revert it back to normal if you want for free.
>>
File: 1464135135158.jpg (20KB, 245x200px) Image search: [Google]
1464135135158.jpg
20KB, 245x200px
>>376458342
I know that, but that doesn't mean you want it. (Besides the icons are pretty vague if you don't know what it is already)

I know it's a roguelite so you get random shit everytime but being forced to keep using the same secondary or switch to that shitty gas grenade is not fun at all. Overall the gun balance is also pretty shit. For example the shotgun seems to be the strongest weapon both due to the level/enemy design but also because it has a lot of explosive modifications which just do shit loads of damage and clear out groups quickly, without using more ammo either.
>>
>>376457381

>buy game
>it sucks
>refund it and be on my way
>LEL U FEL FER THE HYPE HAHA
>>
>>376458189

Quake 1 has hundreds of monsters for a limit, the main problem was back in the day you'd have to have live monsters in pens somewhere off-map to teleport in like in Doom, because you can't just spin up more on a trigger. Going 3D put so much strain on systems enemies were made tougher instead of more commonplace, putting more emphasis on using the right weapon for the job than Doom (which did it by ammo scarcity instead).
>>
File: vL3RZ[1].png (45KB, 650x427px) Image search: [Google]
vL3RZ[1].png
45KB, 650x427px
hey guys dont worry, the devs just confirmed that they're not desperately shilling on /v/

L
O
L
>>
>>376459087
Maybe they should have put more effort into the game instead of the marketing if they didn't want to look bad.
>>
File: 1393797294086.png (192KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1393797294086.png
192KB, 500x375px
At first I was frustrated with it and the limited weapons, but after spending some time adjusting to how the game works, I found myself enjoying it quite a bit

>>376425309
>It discourages running/jumping around spraying by giving you no ammo, no health, and making your guns inaccurate as fuck

Nigga I've been sprinting around like a mad fuck, gunning down everything with reckless abandon the whole time I've played the game and I haven't had a problem. Quit being a bitch and learn how to play the game
>>
>>376459087
>someone is going out of there way to pretend to like the game that has intimate details of every facet of the game

Damn that makes a lot of sense they really tricked me
>>
>>376459087
pffpfpb
>>
>>376458031
I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that the board that hates video games is literally incapable of conceiving of someone who actually likes video games.

Frankly short posts solve nothing. They're pure emotional fulfillment, with no actual intention of ever convincing someone of anything or being convinced of something.

That said, not one of my posts has been directed to one person in particular. When you get multiple people replying to you, is it seriously that strange that you reply to multiple of them in a single post so you don't have to suffer the fucking post cooldown?
>>
>>376459183

>sprinting
>in a game with no sprint button
>Jump
>accuracy goes to shit

Yeah nah
How about the game gets taught how to pay homage properly first, before it suckers in more people with false advertising.
>>
>>376459087
Holy fucking shit, these guys are retarded. It's so blatantly obvious that it's them. Their lies to the contrary aren't even convincing.
>>
>>376459251
strange coincidence how you have the exact same posting style as the STRAFEgame twitter

really makes you think
>>
>>376459251
yes you fucking autistic fuck. I would have more respect for you if you would just admit you're shilling your shit game. Why the awful attempt at subterfuge?
>>
File: 1480881866794.png (371KB, 499x505px) Image search: [Google]
1480881866794.png
371KB, 499x505px
Well...

At least that babe in the trailer was hot.
>>
Meanwhile, Immortal Redneck, pretty much the same game, is doing okay, because it didn't lie about being trv old-school in tons of hype videos and shilling.
>>
>>376459363
"Sprinting" as in "running around non-stop around and through rooms of enemies" you stupid shit
>>
>>376457778
I agree that procedural generation is overrated in general, especially by developers, but I also happen to believe that it's severely underrated around these parts, as some kind of communal, long-term kneejerk burnout from having too many games use it in too short a timespan. Sort of like "the open world meme" for AAA and "the roguelike meme" for indies.

I understand your arguments for why it's maybe not the best possible choice - hand crafted levels have been tried and proven to have the capability to be good. Procgen on the other hand... less so.

The texturing really is a good point. But I don't think procgen necessarily denies any sort of smart level layouts, especially regarding secrets. The keycards and faces for the doors opened by them are typically several tiles apart, and the tiles have been proven to get pretty large in this game. How about a slightly different game that also used procedural generation: Warframe. Many tiles are designed with various preset hiding spots for things like ayatan sculptures, cephalon fragments, or treasure caches, sometimes requiring a bit of roundabout navigation within certain tiles to reach, or achieving certain actions in a respectable timeframe. Its level design ain't too bad after several years of reworking and expanding the tiles, and it often has decent variety in any given mission, or several missions.

I have no doubt it's possible to program a procedural generation engine so that it lays things out mathematically. It shouldn't be that difficult to make it set tiles that have secrets in between other tiles, instead of having to set them off in pocket corners or pits. Warframe itself is an example of a procedurally generated game with windows.

Now, whether Strafe achieved this is another matter. I don't know enough about it to be able to make any sort of judgement calls about what sort of engine it uses, only my own experiences on the matter.
>>
>>376459543

>didn't get the message

I'm sorry, if you meant play the game as it was advertised, you wouldn't move away from any spot without doing a circle jump.
And if you did, you would know the game sucks shit for it.
So yeah lower your expectations and treat it like a Minecraft mod and you'll probably get your money's worth.
Oh, it also makes the shotgun the best pick out of the four to boot.
>>
i wasn't expecting much from this, and yet i'm still somehow disappointed
>>
>>376459381
>posting style
What the fuck do you even mean by this? Writing properly with proper capitalization and punctuation? Spacing sentences/paragraphs apart? (Can't be that last one, Twitter's too fucking short to have any measure of that.)

>>376459365
Just because you're convinced it's them doesn't mean it is. Don't harass other people for the actions of an unrelated dude on an anonymous imageboard. It's unbecoming.

>>376459415
Because there's no actual fucking subterfuge you colossal fucking moron. There's no ACTUAL evidence any which way that I am in any way related to the devs. Only the circumstantial evidence that:

1. I'm arguing in the game's favour

Literally nothing else, and just that one circumstantial piece of evidence can also be explained away by

A) A fan of the game trying not to be brought down by negativity
B) Retardation
C) Contrarianism
>>
>>376459613

Warframe I've also played, and I have to say is also a shit use of procgen. The only way it gets tolerated is because it's about MASSIVE premade rooms and corridors that you can blast down with little in the way.
You don't deal with the procgen, you memorize specific rooms and where the secrets are kept for all of them.
But why specifically is Warframe shit for procgen?

Loot radar is a MUST HAVE MOD for everyone, if you're (almost certainly) grinding outside of Defense missions. The mod that makes everything of note that is hidden by procgen appear as a HUD overlay so you can just follow the blips.

Also Warframe does have windows and shit, but looking at the automap and the geometry reveals the "view" makes no sense, in a non-euclidean way.
>>
>>376460037
>Because there's no actual fucking subterfuge you colossal fucking moron. There's no ACTUAL evidence any which way that I am in any way related to the devs. Only the circumstantial evidence that:

You seem really invested friend, some might even say financially. Just accept your game is shit and next time work harder on the game and less time shitposting on 4chan.
>>
File: vL4Mm[1].png (51KB, 584x274px) Image search: [Google]
vL4Mm[1].png
51KB, 584x274px
>>376459087
SAVAGE
A
V
A
G
E
>>
>>376439810
Rouge Shooter.

The level designs are just mazes and the only thing keeping me from beating it is the fact that it's 100 fucking levels but the enemies and weapons are interesting. It's probably the most competent "rougelike fps" I've played.
>>
>>376460172
>accuse someone of being someone he's not or doing something he's not
>being surprised that he's invested in defending himself

>not being somewhat invested in a game you were excited to see release for TWO FUCKING YEARS after the initial trailer

You'd think you'd have learned from all the "racist misogynerd" bullshit levied against us the last five years.

Calling someone a dev or shill just for arguing to the contrary of the echochamber is some serious low hanging fruit of insults and memery.
>>
>>376460369
>other games have been shilled so THIS one wasn't

Damn I got friggin owned...

>>376460269
>>376459087

>people are pretending to be us on 4chan
>but the people on 4chan say its not them

HMMM
>>
>>376434645
There's nothing "kneejerk" about playing a mediocre game and concluding that it's mediocre, retard.
>>
>>376460468
can you put @STRAFEgame in your name field please so i can filter you
>>
>>376443076
what if the game doesn't allow that type of movement
>>
Someone needs to compile all the shill's posts, trace the IP to prove it's the dev (because it absolutely is), and then give the documented posts to the FTC for legal review. This shill is astroturfing, which is not legal.
>>
It really feels like the devs looked at a bunch of good games and based the game around them. Only problem being they didn't actually play those games and made it based on the trailers of those games.
>>
>>376460402
I hit enter but only for a new paragraph.
Am I Reddit?
>>
>>376425132
>no coop
Cmon, one job
>>
>>376443076
The way the strafejumping works is really clunky, it's not anywhere near as fluid as quake 3.
>>
>>376460674
daily reminder that adding quake movement is literally as simple as copying and pasting this file into your engine of choice
https://github.com/Zinglish/quake3-movement-unity3d/blob/master/CPMPlayer.cs

daily reminder that with a quarter million dollar budget not one of the programmers could figure out how to add STRAFING to STRAFE
>>
File: 1463400664247.png (1MB, 3524x2437px) Image search: [Google]
1463400664247.png
1MB, 3524x2437px
>>376460506
you don't know what shilling looks like, idiot
you weren't here for real shilling, you're just a fucking poser, a fake, a little child trying to emulate people he really shouldn't be looking up to
if they were shilling wouldn't there be more than one thread about this game?
you're so fucking desperate, just like the kids that wish they'd been here for TORtanic so claim everything is a blunder, and you're so new you only use the word 'shill' rather than viral marketing.
>>
>>376460737

>No modding
They meant it as well, because they're a "small" team.
Small team doing PS4 release as well.
>>
>>376460898
So you're saying that because other devs have shilled harder, the way you're shilling can't happen? Well shit I guess you got me.
>>
>>376460846
>not one
It probably only has one programmer.
>>
>>376460402
>making me see the same response when I hover over reply ID's this many times

Just to see that horseshit. Fuck off anon
>>
>>376460898
>other people shilled on /v/
>this is proof im not shilling
put @STRAFEgame in the name field
>>
File: 1471205867111.png (88KB, 399x388px) Image search: [Google]
1471205867111.png
88KB, 399x388px
Damn I'm sad,trailers hyped me,game looked good,but from what I hear it has AI issues,no ammo to new weps so u need to stick old ones,a lot of bugs.

Maybe after serious patching it will be more than playable?
>>
>>376460898
>Here at pixel BADASS studios we did extensive research at how people have shilled on /v/ and done our very best to avoid looking like that so no one expects us as shills
>>
>>376460898
There have been fucking 20 threads a day for this trash game for the past two or three weeks you lying shill faggot. Just because AAA devs are better at it doesn't mean you aren't.
>>
Stop bullying Pixal Titans! They're trying their best to shill!
>>
Reminder that moot said himself that 4chan is a great place to shill. Even if people just call you a faggot, that bumps the thread to the top.
>>
>>376461290
put my dick in your mouth
>>
>>376461232
Honestly it's decently fun but it has lots of flaws design wise (also huge performance issues in the last area and some glitches)
I doubt a lot of the design based flaws will get fixed but I still enjoy the game for what it is right now even though it could be a lot better.
>>
>>376461305
i search strafe and get two threads
maybe provide screenshots? archive links?
i only started seeing threads a couple of days ago, but then again i don't spend my entire life here
it's really, really easy to tell if something is being shilled, they always use the same images and the same text, just do a reverse search on either on one of the archives
>LA LA LA LA LA IM RIGHT YOU'RE WRONG BOOBOOBOO
>>
>>376461290
What you are doing is shilling fuck off just because other devs were more cancerous with it doesn't mean you're not being just as big of a faggot
>>
>>376460069
I had a post written up and hit the escape key. I've got to stop relying on the quick reply box... or find some kind of plug-in that'll give you a "you typed up some shit, are you sure" warning.

I've never found Loot Radar to be a particularly must-have mod past update like... 9, and that was back when people thought going out of your way to smash open the crates was a good way to get resources instead of just killing shit (though granted defence was the only endless type mission and hordes were smaller back then). I've only recently taken to using Animal Instinct on my Sentinel or Pet, and that's only because I seriously can't find enough mods that seem halfway worthwhile to slap on them. But even if I wasn't using it, all sentinels still have Vacuum - there's not a whole lot of point in using Loot Radar outside of searching for syndicate medallions, because ayatan relics have the exact same fucking resource icon as random junk and show up so rarely that it's pointless to scour maps for them on purpose, while the medallions are guaranteed to show up in their missions.

As for the non-euclidean layout, I've never actually noticed anything like that. There's typically so many stairs or elevators or vents that go up, combined with the fact that the automap is kind of shit and frequently forgets where you've been, that I've never really noticed any sort of fuckery between windows.

That said, I'm not seeing a whole lot of difference between Strafe's massive premade rooms, and Warframe's massive premade rooms.
>>
>>376461507
>run on sentence
literally underage
>what you are doing is shilling
i haven't even mentioned the game, christ you children are retarded
yet another word you idiots are going to destroy the meaning of
>>
>>376461417
Are enemies super stupid like everyone say?Also start of the game looks pretty boring,melee enemies and shit.How long it lasts,melee enemies just chasing you?
>>
>>376460331
I can vouch for Rogue Shooter
it's a messy game that is pretty much the definition of unpolished
i bought it on sale for like a dollar and it's actually not bad
it has all the roguelite elements you would want, and actually gets pretty fucking hard pretty quickly
despite being a garbo tier shovelware game it even has more variety than STRAFE
it's definitely worth the price, especially when compared to this shit
>>
File: yungsavagehowyoutrappinsohard.png (460KB, 633x890px) Image search: [Google]
yungsavagehowyoutrappinsohard.png
460KB, 633x890px
>>376461232
Ive played about an hour so far. Pretty much every complaint (except technical) could easily be fixed by tweaking some values, so it shouldnt take too many patches to fix it.
>>
If you want better shooter play immortal redneck, it's not great, but kinda fun.
>>
>>376461646
Fuck I just keep getting pwnd by the pixel studio devs...
>>
>>376461497
Go ahead and do it then. Oh right, you're the shill, so you won't. I'm sure a more industrious anon than myself will compile a macro for you shortly though, so sit tight faggot.
>>
File: IMG_3342.jpg (55KB, 1200x418px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3342.jpg
55KB, 1200x418px
>>376461757
>Putin's mouthpiece propaganda station BTFO'ing the shill
>>
>>376460534
>>376460534
>>376460534
>>376460534

Check this shit out now.

GoblinUzi was actually fun , it was only 10 minutes long and totally free.
>>
>>376425132
It's really bad (I backed it)
>>
>>376461417
Yeah basic enemy ai is just run at you and either melee or shoot.

First area has generic melee guy and generic gun guy/bot, these are in all areas.
Second area has faster alien melee and large rock melee
Third area has better enemies, a sniper that predicts your movement and a guy with a spreadgun
Last area has more gun based enemies but they are more like upgraded versions of those gun guys in the third area.
>>
>>376461497
>literally daily threads counting down the days till it released filled with nothing but fuck off devs for almost 2 weeks
>huh? there was no shilling

Kek you're fooling no one, now fuck off
>>
>>376461968
Even if you did find there are repeating lines or specific, recurring wording over multiple threads, what proof do you have that it's an actual shill/dev?

4chan is the kind of imageboard where people can and have reposted shit like "I'm going to repost this anime waifu every day until you like her" for LITERAL YEARS. Pettiness runs in this particular board's blood. What's to say that, even if you did find someone who looked like a shill, that it's not just the same kind of people who falseflag during consolewars, trying to get the board to hate the game by pretending to be marketing the game really fucking poorly and obviously?

Isn't the best reaction to act neutrally, ignore, and report, rather than going on a crusade because of something that, by the very nature of this imageboard, cannot be proved?
>>
>>376425132
mediocre
just what I was expecting
stick to doom
good thing for gog
>>
>>376462326
thanks for giving a knowyourmeme tier explanation of how 4chan works to people on /v/
you're doing an excellent job of fitting in, a literal solid snake of stealth marketing espionage action
>>
>>376462178
DESU I thought this will be more randomized,the zones(in terms of enemies etc)
>>
Because there's no actual fucking subterfuge you colossal fucking moron. There's no ACTUAL evidence any which way that I am in any way related to the devs. Only the circumstantial evidence that:
>>
>>376462458
one of the devs was here in last thread and admitted it.

they are here, they are shilling, and their game is fucking shit.
>>
>>376439810
DoomRPG+Roguelike Armory+Oblige
Too bad DoomRPG has been discontinued, but still.
>>
File: 1467933270650.gif (9KB, 200x210px) Image search: [Google]
1467933270650.gif
9KB, 200x210px
>game rewards headshots
>weapons are hilariously inaccurate so it's up to luck
>>
File: 1481737316021.png (59KB, 640x900px) Image search: [Google]
1481737316021.png
59KB, 640x900px
>>376440506
>The pirated version is an earlier build
>released today
>early build
>>
>>376462421
You act like the average user on /v/ doesn't have the attention span and memory of a fucking gnat.

You can point at literally anything and call it evidence of shillery. That doesn't mean it is. Are you going to point at how I space my posts and my use of capitalization and punctuation next?

I've never fit in around here because I make it regular habit to play devil's advocate. Doesn't mean I'm a shill.
>>
>>376462326
>What's to say that, even if you did find someone who looked like a shill, that it's not just the same kind of people who falseflag during consolewars, trying to get the board to hate the game by pretending to be marketing the game really fucking poorly and obviously?

Nice try, but that would only work and make sense in the case of a game everyone has already heard of. None of us had ever heard of your shitty game until the shill, you, started making these constant threads every day a couple weeks ago. We have you figured out, dumb fuck. Give up this pathetic charade already.
>>
>>376462675
stop posting bro
>>
>>376462458
in addition, you might no be a dev and you might enjoy the game. I pirated it and found it to be totally fucking shit, maybe around 1/4th of a complete game. If you like it great, but don't act like it's finished.
>>
>>376462572
No, that was you last thread, saying you're a dev and that you were shilling, when in reality you were and are not, you monumental twat.
>>
>>376462760
no it wasn't you stupid doublenigger.
>>
>>376462656
The released version IS the early build. Because no game should release this fucked up.
There are so many problems that will require patched. Might as well be a beta.
>>
>>376440506
>not worth pirating trust me
>Strafe feels like the kind of game that people in the 90's wish they could make, or at least it feels like the kind of game that I in particular wished it was possible for people like id software or ion storm to make back then.

Shill: [Detected]
Mission Status: [FAILURE]
>>
>>376462760
You would know, given that you are the dev.
>>
when's spire coming out?
>>
>>376462708
Nice counter-argument, you fucking clown
>>
>>376462982
stop posting bro
>>
>>376461792

Nah, just play Ziggurat for this kind of thing.
>>
>>376462839
these faggots have made around 80k off this piece of shit. at this point they can be hiring good goy for pennies to shill it.
>>
File: 1482760579480.jpg (95KB, 574x695px) Image search: [Google]
1482760579480.jpg
95KB, 574x695px
>>376462990
No
>>
>>376462998
idk if that even counts the kickstarter shekels.

>>376462982
kill yourself
>>
>heavy shilled game turns out to be mediocre

I'm so surprised
>>
>>376462924
spire and dusk i think are supposed to come out later this year, but i dont think we've had any updates for either in a while.
>>
>>376462991
Immortal Redneck is actually better than Ziggurat.
It's pretty much the same thing but with more variety and better room design.
Plus the weapons don't feel (as) pitiful as Ziggurat/ToG.
>>
https://terriv.itch.io/goblin-uzi

Hey faggots. try this out. it's 10 minutes long and see if you like it better than strafe.
>>
>>376463146
Was it really shilled though? I played it at pax and thought it had some flaws, but I didn't really see too many threads about it on /v/ since...
>>
>>376461531

I wouldn't criticise Warframe's premade rooms so much because their rooms are MASSIVE, and because it's an objective based game (for the most part, Exterminate and Capture aside) they are made use of by everyone to do something. You're going to spend a LOT of time in those rooms to boot.

I would criticise Strafe's premade rooms by comparison because you aren't going to spend any significant amount of time in one. The connections between rooms are far more beneficial to fight in rather than the room itself, largely because at the least enemies are fucking silent so you can't keep your awareness up, plus there's nothing discouraging camping chokepoints. The only reason you're going to be inside any room is because there's a door somewhere and a key for it elsewhere. If you get lost running around trying to make the two come together, that should rightfully be called out.

It's not really the rooms themselves being terribly flawed, like most criticisms I would come up with for almost any game, rather than some bundle of other factors adding up. You could probably rescale the rooms and throw them randomly into both games and have little effect.
>>
>>376463231
Fuck off that shit is no better
>>
>>376463170
I disagree about the weapons. They feel really shitty. At least in Ziggurat it's just magic spellcasting so it has an excuse. Immortal Redneck definitely has the best level design of these games though. Strafe is the worst by far. Even Tower of Guns is better.
>>
File: Screenshot_4.png (428KB, 1896x1028px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_4.png
428KB, 1896x1028px
>>376463231
forgot pic

>>376463236
he's exagurating, it wasn't shilled that hard iirc. I still saw several threads on it over the past year since the demo.
>>
i'm not saying anything new but for me the most disappointing things are the terrible enemies and the fact that you cannot get ammo for weapons you pick up.

the enemies and weapons in doom are simple but they have subtly different ways of acting and interacting and the result is that there is actually a lot of variety in the combat and a lot of decision making about when to use which weapon against which enemies. this is especially true on well-designed maps

there is very little of this in strafe, since all the enemies just run straight for you and you can only really count on a single gun to have any ammo, so basically you are just doing the same thing all the time and there are no interesting decisions to make. it gets bland very quickly
>>
File: 1478262621842.png (13KB, 439x461px) Image search: [Google]
1478262621842.png
13KB, 439x461px
>looks like it's from 1996
>runs like it's from 2026
>>
Why should I buy this when I can just play Project MSX or D4D or something?
>>
>>376463231
Stop shilling for your shitty game.
>>
>>376463330
>mirrors work
>guns feel good
>free
>enemies die in a satisfying manner

It's probably not BETTER, but it's definitely not worse.
>>
>>376463372
Is ammo randomly generated or dropped by enemies?
>>
>>376462583
Can you play coop with that? Are there any tutorials to set everything up?
>>
>>376463409
im not shilling nigger, i want to see what /v/ thinks.
if you play it and think it's shit im totally fine with that. I ended up playing it longer than strafe though.
>>
>>376462656
I'll be honest, I was just parroting what another anon earlier in the thread said.

>>376462678
>None of us
You are not everyone on /v/. I doubt you're even you.

>but that would only work and make sense in the case of a game everyone has already heard of.
Under what reasoning? Look at this thread. How can you argue that it wouldn't be just as effective, if not moreso, for someone to take a game nobody's fucking heard of and do that? This board already has a hardon for AAA and disdain for indie. Taking an indie fucking nobody knows about and """shilling""" it hard seems like a really fucking great way to rile people up.

Shit, Terraria is evidence and example of this, but using ACTUAL shilling by Blue. The fucker shilled the hell out of the game here, and for months and years afterward people brushed it off as a shitty 2D minecraft clone (which, it was, but the context was that anyone who made a thread or defended that aspect about that was somehow trying to shill it).

>until the shill, you, started making these constant threads every day a couple weeks ago.
I have made exactly one Strafe thread in the last two weeks, and it started off with having branched off of a Quake Champions thread in which someone posted something like
>It's Quake but a Roguelike
and it reminded me of Strafe because I remembered the "banned" commercial.

You've figured out nothing. You've got an idea in your head and have convinced yourself of its certainty and are acting out against people who don't agree with you because you're a fucking retard.

>>376462708
Quality reply, shitweed. Have a (you).
>>
>>376463447
>Shilling in a shill thread

I don't even know who's more pathethic
>>
>>376463557
KILL YOURSELF NIGGER
>>
>>376427396
>tfw I unironically love this shit
I hate how every game tones down view bobbing and shit
>>
>>376463534
stop posting bro
>>
>>376463523

It's Doom. It's very likely.
It's unfortunate it's just because it's Doom and like that mostly from the start, even though there's no MP menu. Meanwhile you got games like Heretic that have support for DM and stuff for maps and spawns, but co-op is busted and most sourceports get weird with it, despite being the same engine.
>>
STOP SAYING N*GGER THATS RUDE
>>
>>376463546
stop posting
>>
>>376463650
done senpai.
i don't want to be in a shit thread about a shit game filled with shit devs.
>>
>>376463734
stop posting bro
>>
>>376463515

you can get ammo from killing enemies and you can also buy it from vending machines, but you can only get ammo for your starting gun. the guns you pick up start with a certain amount of ammo that you cannot refill, except by picking up another copy of that gun. they often start with very few shots too (like 10 or so, depending on the gun, basically one magazine), so you are mostly just using your starting gun
>>
I am a huge faggot please fuck my face
>>
>>376Dont unsult chinese women please.
>>
>>376463682
Last time I tried co-op heretic (with mods, no less) in zandronum a few years back, it worked just fine.
>>
>>376463831
stop posting bro
>>
File: 1488576178765.png (225KB, 500x738px) Image search: [Google]
1488576178765.png
225KB, 500x738px
>>376463523
That's a good question, I think you can but
>vanilla zdoon netcode

And now that I think about it, setting everything up might be a pain because of all the version shenanigans involved because of the discontinuation.
I wish I had enough free time so I could pick this up and at least maintain it in a working condition.
>>
>>376463889
nigger
>>
>>376463389
That's up to you, man. Maybe you like the gives no fuck attitude about it, or maybe you just think it's being needlessly edgy and coming off as cringy as a result. Maybe you like Binding of Isaac and would like to see that as a space shooter against aliens, or maybe you hate procedurally generated roguelikes.

Personally speaking, I see value in it as its own game, despite having Doom 4 (for) Doom and Demonsteele and Project Brutality and Nocturne in Yellow and Quakes 1-3 and Dooms 1-3. Because it's not like any of those. It's binding of isaac 3D.

The real question is, why should someone buy this if they already have Binding of Isaac or Enter the Gungeon. Which is something I can't answer.
>>
>>376463863

We got as far as spawning in together, but no matter what we couldn't disable DM spawns, so EVERY WEAPON AND ITEM spawned on the first map, granting us the entire arsenal from the get go. We decided not to bother.
We also tried Hexen but we get crashes.
Haven't attempted Hexen II, our hopes aren't really that high since it's modified Quake 2 and that also crashed.
>>
You can coop oblige levels and mods compatible for zandronum, the multiplayer source port. afaik, DRLA and DOOMRPG are NOT zan compatible. Complex Doom + LCA might be something you and your buddies would be interested in. No hard rpg stats, but randomized enemy variants and weapons PLUS the random megawad provided by OBLIGE.
>>
>>376464072
binding of isaac had a sound engineer though.
>>
>>376425309
>>376425132
>just like real life shooter
wew
>>
File: 1470706938811.jpg (41KB, 291x398px) Image search: [Google]
1470706938811.jpg
41KB, 291x398px
>the shilling in this thread
>>
>>376464010
stop posting bro
>>
this game pissed off more people than undertale.
>>376464318
no u
>>
Anyone got pass the 2nd zone?

All the fucking enemies have the same screech.
>Ghouls : Screech
>Humanoid looking hunters : Screech
>Beastmans : Screech

What they were thinking.
>>
File: frikken demons.jpg (12KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
frikken demons.jpg
12KB, 184x184px
>>376464137
meant as a reply for
>>376463523

>>376464186
seriously the sound design is like the most important part of a games kinesthetics
how do you overlook that
at least they managed a competent soundtrack (not that game soundtracks in general are particularly complex or anything)
>>
>>376464365
The original @STRAFEgame left probably
>>
So, shill dev, answer me this. Did you at least get to fuck the hot chick in the tutorial? How much of the budget went to paying for her anyway?
>>
File: 1493646691878.jpg (142KB, 980x1087px) Image search: [Google]
1493646691878.jpg
142KB, 980x1087px
Pixel Titans right now.
>>
why is this thread still up
>>
>>376464532
why does a game like this need a tutorial?
>>
>>376464137
>DRLA and DOOMRPG are NOT zan compatible
Nope, they use glzd dev build bullshit.
Back when DRPG was maintained they had a launcher that managed everything, but nowadays I'm scared of upgrading the glzd build or DRLA because it will fucking break.

>Complex Doom + LCA
Never heard of this, damn sounds intredasting.
Checking this shit out right now.
>>
>>376464661
So the dumbass dev could include FMV cutscenes of a hot girl he was clearly trying to fuck.
>>
>>376463365

IS THAT FUCKING PEPE!?
>>
>>376425132

Let me know when there's co-op
>>
>>376464428
they've taken they money, scammed the preorders, and left.

probably spent about a week on what they even made because it felt no different to me from the demo, aside from the fact the games framerate dropped so fuckiing hard it killed me. I don't even have a toaster.
>>
>>376464901
nah its goblins, they have a nose. play the game though i swore that the first posters in game were pepe from a distance.
>>
>>376464137
Thanks a bunch, I'll have a look
>>
sorry nu-/v/ but i'm liking this. it's fun. big issue is just the bugs. i'm sure they'll get ironed out soon. i'll probably come back to it then.
>>
>>376465053
if you do before the threads dead and get the online mulitplayer working please throw me some links so i can try it. thanks.
>>
I decided to give it a chance; played four hours straight.
It's truly the Doom successor we've been waiting for and nuDoom failed to.
GOTY.
>>
>>376464969
I've only played about an hour, but if this makes any sense, it feels like they made a prototype, then just made level pieces of various amounts of detail to stitch together and called it a day.
>>
>>376465207

t. Pixel Titans
>>
File: girl.png (618KB, 1179x662px) Image search: [Google]
girl.png
618KB, 1179x662px
who is the girl, looks fapable
>>
File: strafeassetallocation.png (109KB, 881x1128px) Image search: [Google]
strafeassetallocation.png
109KB, 881x1128px
bruh, it took nearly as many people to make the opening tutorial FMV as it did to make the fucking game.
>>
You are all faggots buy my fucking game cunts
>>
The game should be called "Backpedal" because that's what you do 90% of the time.

Also, the enemies are braindead and all move in a straight line towards you. Did I mention their footsteps are silent? Yeah. Prepare to be fighting enemies in a room only to have one random cunt walk up behind you with no warning (other than meticulously checking your back every 2 seconds, which breaks the flow of combat).

Health pickups are rare, so prepare to be playing cautiously to avoid chip damage.

I also hate how all the weapons are temporary pickups and use up their ammo in under a minute.

This game has Enter the Gungeon syndrome: neat concept, executed in a way that it's just no fun at all to play, with a horribly slow pace and great degree of repetitiveness.
>>
>>376465336
Probably some girl the dev has a thing for and thought he'd have a chance at fucking if he gave her an acting gig in his shit game.
>>
File: strafetm.jpg (167KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
strafetm.jpg
167KB, 1920x1080px
>>376465368
>>
>>376465637

i dont care about the dev, i want the name of this bitch so i can fap in peace
>>
>>376465567
This. So much this. It just boils down to playing like Killing Floor or Serious Sam rather than actual old school shooters. Standard horde mode kiting shit.
>>
>>376465792
She's a nobody. Like I said, obviously just some girl the dev knows.
>>
>>376465336
D-list actress
>>
I replayed the tutorial section of the game and the sound of the weapons there sounds better than the ingame module, as in the Tutorial is a newer build and the game was older.

wtf
>>
>>376465843
You say that like Serious Sam isn't an old school shooter.
>>
>>376465843
Except Killing Floor and Serious Sam are good
>>
>>376465792
https://twitter.com/hilaryvetter
>>
>>376431339
Oh yeah, make sure you watch out for that yellow paint I mean lava if you try to STRAFE because it will fuck your shit up.

Seriously, they should give it a glow effect or something that gives people feedback that it's dangerous and not paint. Bad game design.
>>
>>376466146
It's old, sure. But it was by far the weakest and shittiest of the "classic 90's FPS" games.
>>
>>376465368
after reading the credits I can tell you there is at least a 50% chance that the game director has been shilling here directly. 100% chance that he is shilling here indirectly.

A person posting here said they were friends with the level designer, theres 2 level designers in credits, 1 of them is the main director.
>>
File: strafeisliterallyrape.png (943KB, 871x886px) Image search: [Google]
strafeisliterallyrape.png
943KB, 871x886px
>>376465336
>>376465637
>>376465792
>>376465930
>>376466036
>>376466271
>>
>>376466271

fucking sad she is a leftie, but why she is hot
>>
>>376466361
But SS didn't exist in the 90s.
>>
File: 1479514291511.png (89KB, 208x206px) Image search: [Google]
1479514291511.png
89KB, 208x206px
Stop shilling and accept your criticism
>>
>>376466361
Fair enough.

>>376466523
>March 1st, 2001
Close enough. Quake 2 was only December 9, 1997.
>>
>>376466502
>muh politics

Who cares, just fap to her you faggot
>>
>>376466502
All women are leftie ding dong.
Its just varying degrees of it.
>>
>>376466581
Maybe you should direct criticism to a forum that the devs actually visit, shitposter.
>>
>>376466689
>murdochchan is a lefty.
kys famalama
>>
File: 1340540206391.jpg (31KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1340540206391.jpg
31KB, 512x384px
>game has a gender slider
>>
File: C0JrECOUcAAfck2.jpg (31KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
C0JrECOUcAAfck2.jpg
31KB, 333x500px
(((she's))) pretty hot goys
>>
>>376466736
>direct criticism
>get banned
wow great idea senpai
>>
>>376466769
And yet there's no real middle. It's more of an age slider than an actual gender slider. The left is all female and the right is all male, just with varying degrees of youthfulness.
>>
>>376466769
>all the voices sound masculine until you're at the end of the female side
>>
>>376464706
>>376465053
>>376465156
if yall host a server, post the IP

>>376466146
came out in 2000, and its not
but its own thing
>>
>>376466652
At first
>Who cares she's a nobody
Find out she's left wing
>FAP TO HER DAMN IT, YOU A FAG?
>>
>>376465567
hey man EtG is great
flawed on release but shit like noammo and nokeys was patched out ages ago
>>
cant beliebe this game made such huge backslash.

>Inb4 gets pulled off steam like SLAIN
>>
>>376466502
You're going to come to find that basically all women are leftist because it excuses their slutty bullshit and the awful, selfish things they do out of boredom and insecurity. Even the supposed "good" women that vote Republican or go to church that morons like you are after support the leftist politics that benefit them.
>>
>>376466856
You say that like you don't have proxies and a dynamic IP and throwaway e-mails.

Maybe if you were more civil about giving out criticism instead of just going FIX YOUR SHIT LAZY ASSHOLE you wouldn't get banned as much.
>>
>>376440506
DoomRPG + RLA do everything this TRIED to accomplish. Couple it with megawads or Oblige and you have exactly what STRAFE should have been.
>>
File: Screenshot_5.png (154KB, 1712x941px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_5.png
154KB, 1712x941px
>game sucks dick
>kotaku makes article on how cool it is.
>woman reviewer
Every fucking time.
>>
File: 1300580319696.jpg (155KB, 1001x655px) Image search: [Google]
1300580319696.jpg
155KB, 1001x655px
>runs like shit due to using Unity and Unreal engines at the same time
>>
>>376466736
>Steam forum has a "Chump Zone"
Nah they'll just bully you for not liking their shit 1996 so retro FPS
>>
>>376466949
nigger, im not making a new steam account just to bitch at a group of people that i know are here.

I don't give a fuck if they fix the game, i'll play something else.
>>
>>376466967
You mean to say, you have exactly what YOU think strafe should have been.

It's pretty clear that the devs who imagined the game in the first place thought strafe should have been an FPS Binding of Isaac.
>>
>>376466884
Jesus christ, will a dick cheer you up instead?
>>
File: Screenshot_6.png (70KB, 1080x609px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_6.png
70KB, 1080x609px
also this
>>
>>376467034
That you ""now"" are here because you won't accept the possibility of you being wrong.
>>
>>376466935
Basically:

Women have no place in politics, because their political opinions stem from the whims of emotion and are often contradictory.

"We must welcome the Muslims to our country"

"LGBT are oppressed! Allow gay marriage now!"
>>
I can't even install it. Every time I try it only gives me a 28MB download. Verifying the game files does jackshit.
>>
File: Screenshot_7.png (688KB, 1424x779px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_7.png
688KB, 1424x779px
>>376467146
found you.

I see you enjoyed the gender slider.
>>
File: 1494363272309.gif (2MB, 270x340px) Image search: [Google]
1494363272309.gif
2MB, 270x340px
This game is the most aggressively shilled indie game to date i think
>>
>>376467126
>they tried to pass it off as a 90's shooter
Holy shit why is it so difficult for people to think in any way except extremes? I can't think of a single piece of promotion that did not make it extremely clear that it was using procedural generation and you were supposed to go as far as you could until you died or hit the end.

Just because it's using a modern replica of a 90's shooter aesthetic doesn't mean it was trying to pass itself off as a 90's shooter.

I suppose I shouldn't expect more of a generation of people who think 120 characters for posts is acceptable as a social medium.
>>
>>376467315
What a manface.
>>
>>376466949
>developer is sperging out on /v/ because he's not able to ban people like he is on his hugbox forum
LMFAO
kys
>>
>>376467315

"Heather" looks like he tries to date-rape women.
>>
>>376467418
dont forget to read these posts.

>>376467315
>>376467126
>>376466968
>>
>>376467378
t. pixel studios
>>
>>376467342
>tfw fell for the shilling
>tfw had some degree of hype for it, while remaining skeptical
>see gameplay teasers and the seed of doubt is planted in me
>turns out it's shite, to no surprise
>>
>>376467342
Is there a word, aside from 'retards', for "people who are so convinced that the 'shilling' is genuine that anything that isn't a negative opinion of the thing they think is being shilled is taken as proof of shilling"?
>>
>>376467541
stop posting bro
>>
File: 1278482805918.png (24KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1278482805918.png
24KB, 300x300px
I wasn't expecting much and it still disappointed me. Main problem is it's just too cramped in the corridors. Only played it for about an hour and contemplating getting a refund while I still can.
>>
>>376467541
Trying to read that sentence gave me a headache
>>
File: 1388199257248.jpg (55KB, 862x892px) Image search: [Google]
1388199257248.jpg
55KB, 862x892px
>>376467541
You can shut up now
>>
>>376467635

Do it and use the money to get something better.
>>
>>376467541
you don't have to read the thread.
You don't even have to be on this site.
>>
>>376467342
Seems like Devolver Digital is getting too big for their britches, they're shilling this trash here as hard as Ubisoft does with all their garbage.
>>
>>376467650
And the retards in this thread are giving ME a headache.

>>376467687
I'm not going to leave a site I've been visiting for well over a decade just because the retards continue to be retarded.
>>
>>376467378
What part of this game wasn't advertised as a 90's shooter? Holy mother of fuck. To the website, the promotional campaign, the description of the game itself.

What planet are you living on?
>>
>>376467635
do it and wait another year to see if they update anything, or buy it for 50cents in 2 months.

>>376467706
BUY WATCHDOGS 2 CISSHIT
>>
Game is okay, but disappointing. Needs a good amount of tweaks, and it especially needs a way to let you know when mobs are behind you. Also remove fall damage and reloading and add better weapon sounds. Wasted potential for sure, but nearly not as bad as some are making it out to be.
I'll be giving the devs a chance and won't be refunding it. Hope I don't regret it.
>>
>>376467778
good goy.
>>
>>376467754
Retard, as in someone who has a different opinion from you? Practice what you preach nigga
>>
File: 1463216233528.png (134KB, 334x393px) Image search: [Google]
1463216233528.png
134KB, 334x393px
>>376459087
>posting your own tweets
>>
>>376467754
Well its cleat that, despite your terrible experiences interacting with these retards that there is something other than enjoyment keeping you in this thread. What might that be?
>>
>>376467778
Why would anyone buy a game that is on GOG?
>>
>>376467862
an hero, you fucking nigger.
>>
File: Pinocchio.jpg (29KB, 636x433px) Image search: [Google]
Pinocchio.jpg
29KB, 636x433px
>>376467754
>I've been visiting for well over a decade
>>
>>376467981
>hehehe i'll call him a nigger, they'll never know.
>>
>>376467968
I like to spend money.
>>
>>376468034
>implying you're not a nigger
>>
>>376468071
Spend money on things you can't easily get for free.
>>
>>376467767
>>376467315
In the advertisement they bought from the tranny on kotaku for one.
>>
File: 1483469308169.png (133KB, 487x622px) Image search: [Google]
1483469308169.png
133KB, 487x622px
https://youtu.be/CrH3XiMR3KA
I'd think that aping Doom wouldn't be this fucking difficult.
>>
>>376468154
How dare you insinuate my strong jewish bloodline isn't pure.
>>
>>376467950
I enjoy arguing with people. I enjoy video games. I continue to be convinced, despite the wealth of evidence to the contrary, that this place can occasionally be a decent place for talking about games. If only because reddit is too much of a hugbox and tumblr is too inundated by social justice bullshit and I'm fond of the way that people can just take off their masks here. I'm not fond of the way that people have taken to putting on new masks that are just on the opposite extreme though, but I'm sure that'll clear out in another five years or so, if Japmoot can keep the site going.

>>376467778
>remove fall damage
I could say "buy the retro rockets" but I suppose that's missing a certain point. I do agree that it's weird for a game inspired by 90's shooters to need a retro rocket to avoid fall damage.

I forget, did half life have fall damage?
>>
WHERE IS THE QUICK RUNDOWN ON THIS THREAD
>>
I personally really enjoy the reloading system, as it raises the skill ceiling and puts some twists on the old fashioned gameplay.

I would like to say that the reloading is a very interesting mechanic for me. Instead of just watching how much ammo you have overall it becomes an extra game of watching how much you have left in your clip. Not just because you could run out, but because using secondary fire will require more than one bullet of ammo, so in any given clip you have the option of firing a few shots, and continuing to use the rest of the clip in primary fire, or reloading immediately in order to gain the ability to secondary fire, but lose the remaining ammo in your clip.

The disposable guns also add great variety to the gameplay. When you pick your starting gun you pick your primary playstyle for that run. It's a commitment. The disposable weapons you find along the way allow you to have a varied gunplay experience, without taking too much away from the commitment of your chosen weapon by limiting the ammunition to one clip, and removing secondary fire. This also adds visual variety since the disposable guns have unique models and skins compared to the main trifecta.

The disposable guns are also straight up useful in a variety of ways. They are all more than usable on their own, pack a punch, and some have very fun and interesting mechanics, such as the needler (functions similarly to the needler from Halo), the grenade launcher, and the.... uhh. The one that shoots green non hit-scan projectiles and allows you to throw it for an explosion when it's out of ammo.
>>
>>376467968
>>
>>376467883
As in people who get ideas in their heads and will never let go of those ideas no matter what, even though said idea is literally indefensible or unprovable.

You know, like religious people.
>>
>>376468398
To be fair, Quake and Duke Nukem 3d did
>>
File: IMG_0396.jpg (232KB, 940x672px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0396.jpg
232KB, 940x672px
>>376468317
My apologies, I didn't mean to insult your Jewishness.
>l'chaim
>>
>>376468461
This sounds like your design document lol
>>
>>376468470
>my wife's boyfriend
>>
>>376468461
do you actually think this looks like an organic post to anyone in this thread?
>>
>>376425132
So will the shilling finally die? I'm tired of seeing threads about this crappy game everyday. Can't wait until the HoTS shilling ends as well.
>>
>>376468492
Don't forget to tip that fedora
>>
>>376468542
I don't remember the first quake having it. Quake 2?

Maybe I just spent too long playing with grappling hook mods for it to cement itself in my memory.
>>
>>376468681
>people want to talk about game you don't like
>IT MUST BE SHILLING
>>
>>376468728

The original Quake has it, but it's capped at 10 damage.
>>
File: strafe.jpg (251KB, 600x880px) Image search: [Google]
strafe.jpg
251KB, 600x880px
nice try
>>
>>376468417
>devs shilling the game repeatedly and downplaying how bad it is
>happens over multiple threads
>80% of players say it's shit
>20% of players got the game for free or nearly free and are indifferent
>thread evolves into doom/quake suggestions so people can actually enjoy a game today
>trannys bought out on kotaku say the game is great without saying why or how
>devs sperg out in kotaku comment section
>devs ask people in thread to join steam group so they can ban them.

that's about it so far.
>>
>>376468686
Fedoras are just as bad as religion. Genuinely don't understand what people like about them.

Bowler caps are way better.
>>
>>376468809
stop posting bro
>>
>>376467706
I think it's a combo of shills and true believers, the shills egg people on and then people blindly defend their flavor of the month.

I feel disappointed that there are reports that the game is a bit shitty, the trailers we're pretty great in a retarded way and it had the aesthetic of oldish fps.

I guess they can't all be winners.
>>
>>376425132
its trash
>>
>>376468874
yeah that's them astroturfing after we pointed out the dev was shilling for the last 5 hours being a massive sperg
>>
>>376468876

When did this happen?
>>
>>376468492
Sounds like you're talking about yourself desu

Be honest, would you let go of a strongly held belief if evidence was shown to you? If you answer yes to that question, does "evidence" constitute something that is within your criteria, and your criteria exists in such a way that all evidence fits within it, so that you can decide what is true or what is false based on whether or not you agree with it.

Have you ever seen an online debate conclude with both sides learning something, and seeing another persons side of things? I haven't. That environment doesn't exist outside of close friends and most people are retards.
>>
>>376468876

What?
>>
I can't tell what the hell any of the items are or do. Everything is a blurry voxel mess.

Also can you buy more ammo for your other guns or just your main starting gun?
>>
>>376468989
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HOW FUCKING DARE YOU!
WE PAID GOOD MONEY TO THAT KOTAKU TRANNY, WE PAID GOOD MONEY TO THAT LESBIAN IN THE TRAILER, WE PAID GOOD MONEY TO OUR SHILL TEAM IN THE THREAD

You Are NOTHING!

>>376469051
literally in this thread. I can't confirm it's them but I can confirm last thread there was a friend of the director posting (admitted to being friends with level designer, level designer is main director.)
>>
>>376469324

Only for your starting weapon.
>>
File: 1276753273513.jpg (49KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
1276753273513.jpg
49KB, 576x432px
>Taking a break from Let it Die cause this came out.
>Turns out it's not very good.

Guess I'll go back to grinding.
>>
>>376468876
That's seriously how you interpret an exchange going

"ACCEPT CRITICISM DEV, EVEN THOUGH WE HAVE NO ACTUAL PROOF BEYOND THE CIRCUMSTANTIAL OF YOU BEING EVEN REMOTELY RELATED TO THE DEVS"
>"MAYBE YOU SHOULD TAKE THE CRITICISM TO THE ACTUAL DEVS"
"HAHA NICE TRY DEVS I'M NOT GETTING BANNED TODAY"

?

Jesus fucking christ you're such a monumental shitposter. You've contributed so fucking much to making a thread that could talk about the flaws of the game in a civilized manner an unrepentant shithole.

You could talk about how the presence of items is too low to make the game anywhere near as enjoyable as Binding of Isaac
You could talk about how the items that do exist make such little difference in the long run as to be nearly inconsequential
You could talk about how the constant idea that roguelikes shouldn't have quicksaves is fucking retarded, because what's wrong with making it so that people aren't strapped to their seat for hours or forced to leave the game running in the background, accumulating hours of playtime that aren't actually being played while they do other things?
>>
>>376469324
anon, that's an insult to voxels.
>>
>>376469395
those complaints have all already been made, I don't need to repeat them. I'm not getting paid to give feedback on the game and I don't owe you a fucking thing.
>>
File: 1454164845649.gif (36KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1454164845649.gif
36KB, 720x720px
>>376425132
>play game
>reload
>little to no health packs
>encourages to play safe instead of crazy like doom and quake
>spread gets larger as you shoot
wha-I don't get it? if there such huge fans of these classic shooters, why are these mechanics here? fucking reloading?
>>
>>376454841
I don't really care, i love quality synthwave
>>
>>376469395
How about we talk about the fact that the game is flawed to the core and is just shit?

It's a £15 game ffs, that you can easily get for free. I'm not gonna lose any sleep over abandoning it instead of spending my time suggesting how to fix it.
>>
>>376469539

The developers are not competent.
>>
Remember, the Strafe shilling went as far as defending and even praising Bloodborne's chalice dungeons as part of their "procgen isn't lazy and bad! rhetoric.
>>
does GOG have a return policy?
>>
>>376469731
lol he actually bought it
>>
>>376469395
stop posting bro
>>
Does anyone know what the fuck any of the powerups you get out of crates are? Or what any of the items in the shop do? This game gives no information whatsoever. Also, how do you find secrets? I haven't found any.
>>
>>376469607
>Easily get free
Are we talking piracy or is there a legit way to get it free?
>>
>>376469695
Chalice dungeons are the asscrack of the glorious beast that is Bloodborne.

Strafe is comparing itself to an asscrack.
>>
>>376469731
>buying a GOG game
had loads of laffs m80
>>
>>376469695
Not defending this garbage game, but I loved the Chalice Dungeons. They suited that style of game. It definitely doesn't work in a shooter.
>>
>>376469789
read the tutorial
also if you want a secret just glitch the game by falling through the ground and you'll get an easter egg as a sorry from the devs.
No, im not joking.

also the tutorial doesnt say anything about the powerups, gotcha!
>>
>>376469802
Piracy. But GOG is DRM free which means you can get a free copy no strings attached.

E.G: I could buy a GOG game and send the exe installer to my friend
>>
File: file.png (165KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
165KB, 1920x1040px
>>376425132
aw shit i've been waiting all week for this

I just got gigabit too
>>
>>376469959
That's fair enough, thanks for clarifying.
>>
I literally opened the door and was going to finish the third level when it just ctd on me. I was actually having fun on that run too since I found a ton of health and weapons. That's enough of that shit though.
>>
>>376469151
Yes, I would, and I have. With clanmates I know absolutely nothing about. With random people on game forums in the rare instances that I actually use the forums of a game I care about.

I used to think Oberon's Hallowed Ground in Warframe couldn't prevent knockdown or stagger. I used to argue with it with massive posts about how it's never done anything for me. It was argued that I was suffering because I kept jumping off it, and was backed up by video proof of it working.

I used to think, after watching a youtube video, that auras would apply twice to the person who was using them in Warframe. A clanmate told me I was retarded and that was an age-old simulacrum bug, provable by using an aura that specifically increases a visible stat, then doing the calculations.

To me, "evidence" is only that which constitutes the absolute. Anything less than the absolute is completely unacceptable to me as evidence, but maybe used in support of an argument regarding trends or interpretations. I don't think that's an unreasonable position to take.

I am not infallible. The things I say can be based off of misconceptions and misinformation, sometimes. I've been proven wrong enough in life to be able to take pride in the fact that I don't throw a shitfit when proven wrong. This is true for absolutely everyone in life, which is why it rubs me the wrong way when I see people that take the unprovable and treat it as the absolute.

When I call people retards, I'm not actually convinced in the absolute that they're actual retards, it's just an insulting term. When people call me a dev or shill, that is not the case - they are actually convinced in the absolute that I am an actual dev or shill, when that's merely a fallible potential interpretation of who I am based on extremely circumstantial evidence that can also be attributed to one of several other reasons.
>>
>>376470063
it took me longer to download/pirate than it did for me to decide it was shit. (went from like 100fps to 3fps before first level was over)
>>
If you're stupid enough to by this, you deserve to lose your money

Just play the real fucking thing. Why do you morons fall for this hipster shit? The genre has been around for 25 years but now it's suddenly some hip new thing because muh indies.
>>
>>376470225
They're just posers who don't actually want to play a 90's shooter, they just like the idea of a 90's shooter.
>>
Someone post that Doom/Quake/Blood-like game that's ugly as shit. That one seems to get the fundamentals right.
>>
Should I return this game?

I was excited for it cause I actually liked the concept.
But it's just not fun.
>>
>>376470440

DUSK
>>
>>376469607
>How about we talk about the fact that the game is flawed to the core and is just shit?
Because that's an absolute, and absolutes are fucking stupid, and I'll argue for a fucking millenia until idiotic shitweeds like you stop posting as if things can be so easily quantified in the extremes like that.

The game is flawed, yes. There literally isn't a single game in the whole fucking world that isn't flawed in some way or another. Does this game have a greater number of flaws than is average for an indie game? Yes. It does. Is it "flawed to the core and is just shit"? Absolutely not. The building foundation of something good and fun is there, just hidden behind the cracks and smudges.
>>
>>376470440
Dusk?
>>
>>376435575
Unreal > Quake
>>
>>376470540
yes, wait for it to go on sale for 50 cents. i give it about 3 months max.

Dont forget to leave a review
>>
>>376470540
If you don't enjoy it, then yeah, get your money back. No sense keeping it if you aren't going to want to play it.
>>
>>376470428
>>376470225
Or because some people can only stomach the same exact physics and combat for so long? I love Doom and I've played dozens of wads over and over again there's only so much you can take of the same shit with the same graphics and the same everything, and slight conversion mods dont change it up enough
>>
>>376470547
>>376470561
Yeah, that.
>>
>>376470559
if you enjoy it so fucking much why are you sitting here for 2 hours defending it instead of playing it?
At this point 1 person in the thread likes it, and 100 hate it.
>>
>>376469789
>>376469921
The game specifically calls them 'gun perks' in the tutorial. Looking at the icons, it isn't hard to figure out what each of them do, especially if you bother to hit Z and look at your items.

The skull is probably damage.
The crosshairs is probably accuracy.
The pile of bullets is probably ammo capacity.
The speeding bullets is probably fire rate.
>>
>Dave Oshry in the credits
>ROTT was a buggy fucking mess
>Strafe is a boring unfocused mess

Dusk is fucked.
>>
>>376470771
stop posting
>>
>>376471015
oh god damn it anon why did you have to do that to me.
now all we have left is spire. that shit probably wont come out till next year.
>>
>>376470221
Fair enough, but have you considered why people are calling people that like the game shills/devs?

Do you believe in the presence of viral-marketers on this site? Lots of people do. This is the perfect place to stealthily advertise your product. Anonymity, a large userbase, bumpable threads, I could go on.

So given the nature of this place, all you can do is speculate who actually likes the game and who isn't a marketer.

You would do well to not get personally offended at someone calling you a shill for having something positive to say about the game. People are taking shots in the dark in the hope of hitting something (that is actually there, but innocent people get hit in the process).
>>
>>376470225
Strafe. Isn't. Doom.
This isn't a fucking secret, and anyone who thought it was just trying to be another Doom or Quake is a fucking moron who didn't look any deeper than a fucking puddle.

I bought it despite knowing exactly what I would get, because my standards aren't so monumentally high that nothing could match them. Because I'm capable of criticizing a game while still enjoying it.

Scythe 2 is kinda shit, by the way. The first three levels before the egyptian stuff are the only decent set.
>>
>>376470017
Wait, did Automata get cracked?
>>
>>376471141
not him, but as i said before in this thread,
last thread had an admitted friend of the director in there talking about it a little bit. he probably got slapped on the hand for mentioning anything at all because he quickly stopped posting.
>>
>>376470734
Because I have a poor habit of talking about games more than I play them.
>>
>when your guy decides to swing your fully loaded rocket launcher instead of shooting it
>no choice but to break it or place it on the ground
>cant pick it back up once its on the ground

lmao
>>
>>376471324
well don't get upset when people enjoy talking about a game they think is shit more than they enjoying playing the game.
>>
>>376470697
But the physics of doom are literally perfect. An indie game has 2 ways it can go: clone them 1:1 or be shit.
>>
>>376470559
>absolutes are fucking stupid
No they are not. There are many absolutes, not everyone is aware of them or accepts them, due to varying perspectives.

But the absolute always prevails, regardless of peoples opinions. Just because you don't like the sun coming up in the morning and think it's stupid won't stop Earth from spinning.

There's more absolutes, but we all agree on that absolute. The absolute we don't agree on however, is the fact that Strafe is a poor game.
>>
>>376471306
You somehow missed all the Tarotards collectively losing it?
>>
>>376471397

That adds tactical choice to the game, anon!
Thread posts: 546
Thread images: 82

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.