[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to play some Lightgun games on my PC, are the games that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

File: Guncon-3.jpg (668KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Guncon-3.jpg
668KB, 1920x1440px
I want to play some Lightgun games on my PC, are the games that got ported to PC (HoTD, Virtua Cop and the like) compatible with a Lightgun on PC?
>>
Ive never tried light gun on PC but if you have one MAME should let you play all kinds of light gun games.
>>
>>376419953
Don't I need any drivers?
>>
>>376420021
I have no clue honestly. I have never tried.

http://light-gun.blogspot.com/p/list-of-light-guns.html

I just know MAME will let you reconfigure that shit no matter what inputs it has.
>>
>>376420306
I have a Guncon 2 with a USB port, it is said that with a driver called Wingun you can use it on the computer but the driver won't install correctly and fails to detect the gun.
>>
>>376419953
the lightguns posted there are the newer kind.
>>
Someone must know
>>
pls help
>>
>>376419841
Dont light guns only work with crts?
>>
>Buy a real gun
>Rubber band a gyroscopic mouse under the barrel like pic related
>remove the LMB switch and put it behind the trigger
>don't put a hole through your screen
>>
>>376423160
Yes, but I have converter so I could connect from VGA to composite and use that on a CRT
>>
https://www.ultimarc.com/aimtrak.html
>>
>>376423590
I already have a Lightgun, I just need a working driver.
>>
>>376419841
>i dont know how lightguns work - the post

you have to be 18 to post here
>>
>>376419841
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0a78kzAffb4
>>
>>376423838
>I didn't read the rest in the the thread
>>
>>376423915
pls no shilling
>>
>tfw can no longer play time crisis 3 on the ps2 because i threw out my old CRT
>>
Hi anon.

Get the Nuvee USB lightgun plugin for ePSXe and PCSX2, as well as Demul and Dolphin.

Get the PS1, PS2, Dreamcast and Wii versions of your favorite lightgun classics (Time Crisis 3 on ps2 for instance).

Buy an EMS Topgun 3 or, preferably, the much better Aimtrak or Arcadeguns (personally I recommend Aimtrak but Arcadeguns use the same internals).

Use MAME for any games not available in the previously mentioned emulators.

You'll need to follow the Aimtrak instructions as well as the plugin and/or emulator specific instructions but it should be pretty easy once you have everything.

You can now play games like Tike Crisis 1-3, Virtua Cop Elite, LA Machineguns and Ghost Squad pretty much perfectly on PC. The Wii games in particular work better on PC than on Wii because of the gun having better accuracy at closer ranges.

Enjoy. And just make another thread if you need more help. I love this shit and I lurk often.
>>
>>376426182
And by the way yes, this works on any display. Even on a projector. No need to hunt for a CRT.
>>
>>376426182
>>Buy an EMS Topgun 3 or, preferably, the much better Aimtrak or Arcadeguns
Legit kill yourself, both systems are absolutely terrible.

On a standard 24" monitor, you need to stand about 6 feet away either way.

And you can't actually aim using the gun sights, you have to use an on-screen cursor. If you feel like switching from arms length to hip shooting, the calibration is completely lost.

You don't love light gun games. If you did, you'd own an act-labs or Guncon setup with a CRT, or if you were rich and had tons of space, you'd own a cabinet with Sega IR guns.
>>
>>376426182
>>376426306
But I have a CRT and a Lightgun, but supposedly you CAN use a Guncon 2 on the PC with wingun, but it won't install correctly for some reason, are there any other drivers?
>>
>>376426182
>Get the Nuvee USB lightgun plugin for ePSXe
Mednafen has mouse support, stop recommending trash.

I can't believe how shit Nuvee is, but I guess that's what happens with something so niche. If only there was an alternative to PCSX2.
>>
>>376426492
can you stop shitposting please? this anon is just trying to help us out, if you have info fucking share it if not gtfo.
>>
>>376426806
are you retarded? we want to play with a guncon not a fucking mouse....
>>
>>376426806
Sorry anon, Time Crisis 1 is the only PS1 lightgun game I like and I play it on PCSX2 through the japanese namco gun game collection for convenience. It's been a while since I messed with PS1 for gun games.

>>376426492
The EMS is shit but I know for a fact that you can calibrate the Aimtrak to be 1:1 line of sight through the gun's physical sights. You gotta stand away from the screen but not that much.

Shit, you can even do it with the wiimote. It's just that its FoV is so shit that you have to stand way back so it's uncomfortable as you can't see the screen that well. Gunblade/LAMG and Ghost Squad have flawless line of sight accuracy when correctly calibrated on real Wii hardware.
>>
>>376427220
He means well. If he's saying what I think he's saying, you can use a real lightgun like the Aimtrak/Arcadeguns through Mednafen's mouse support.

Unfortunately I haven't tried it myself, though.
>>
>>376427220
And all lightgun set-ups use mouse, man. The guncon with proper drivers emulates one.

>>376427252
But Die Hard is great fun. Personally, I really hate MAME, it loves to lose your controller settings, so I'd much rather play point blank through PSX. And PS2 emulation is so shoddy that I wouldn't trust it for PS1 tier stuff at all, TC2 still has the washed out colors.
>>
>>376427606
>The guncon with proper drivers emulates one.
do you have a link for the drivers?
>>
>>376427606
PS2 emulation made great strides recently if you use openGL and software rendering. Did you try that out?

It's been a while since I last played with my PC guns setup since I've been experimenting with emulating lightguns through VR controllers (with some success, actually). As far as I know, shit like the broken splitscreen in TC3 is fixed now but don't take my word for it.
>>
>>376427252
>you can calibrate the Aimtrak to be 1:1 line of sight through the gun's physical sights. You gotta stand away from the screen but not that much.
And then you take half a step in any direction and it's completely fucked.

The distance is the killer for me. You have to stand a mile away, even the PS move is better.

>>376427703
Nah, it's been a while since I messed with Guncons. Too finicky, and my PVM isn't in a good place to use my PC with it. 480i doesn't feel good, too.
>>
>>376427606
My bad i have no idea about this shit sorry.

So i have a question, back in the day i used to love RE dead aim, and got my hands on a guncon with an analog stick builit in the back of the gun, it was perfect for that game, the problem is that i dont have idea whats the guns model and google search gives me nothing back, do any of you can recomend a gun with all the gamepad stuff built in?
>>
>>376427948
VR controllers look pretty promising, the home is finally getting some sensible accuracy for motion stuff. I imagine with some properly designed software, and sticking one of those tracking rings to the side of an old lightgun shell, you could get some pretty good results even without a headset.

>>376428109
I'd probably just look on eBay for that, I've never seen a guncon 2 clone with an actual analog stick on it though.
>>
>>376427972
Do you actually move around when playing gun games? I've been playing them all my life and I'm always standing at the same place.

Might be because I cut my teeth on Time Crisis. Need to stay on that pedal.

Anyway anon, the issue might be solvable on non-CRTs through the use of 6DOF tracking controllers like the Vive's. I had reasonable success with my Razer Hydra experiments (even got it to work as a gun on emulators, line of sight calibration and all) but it wasn't perfect.

I'm holding out for a second Vive revision to see if it works better. I'd like to release a calibration library for something like this.
>>
>>376428502
A few games like Dead Aim and Gun Survivor use d-pad to walk/look
>>
>>376428370
yeah i did that already but i cant find anything, would you recomend getting a guncon or is just a bad idea at this point?
>>
>>376428620
i dont think hes talking about moving ingame anon, i really want to go back to dead aim
>>
>>376428502
>>Do you actually move around when playing gun games?
My arm gets tired, and I droop for the more casual sections, then switch back to the sights for accuracy.

What's wrong with the current Vive tracking? I feel like if you stuck some sights on the top of it, and then just defined your screen size by shooting out the corners, it'd work perfectly as a mouse.

>>376428716
I didn't really have much issue using the D-pad in those games, it'll be less hassle to just pick up a PS2 and an old CRT.
>>
>>376428859
I don't know that anything is wrong with the Vive tracking, I'm holding out for a second revision in the hopes that both the price and the overall setup convenience will be mass market friendly (or friendlier at least). I'd like to release something that works on hardware people are actually likely to own.

From what I've seen of the Vive's tracking, I'm pretty sure I can port all my current code to work on the Vive in minutes, remove some ugly hacks I made for the sake of accuracy on the Hydra and just have it work.
>>
>>376428859
i guess, it really suck those kinde of games font get much atention anymore, thanks anon.
>>
>>376423305
Im not sure it's that simple; there's more to it than just having the right inputs. You'll likely need an older computer monitor as well with the same technology as a CRT. I don't know your setup though but there's no way a lightgun will work on a flat screen. And no, senors don't count; then it's just motion controls.
>>
>>376429427
Looks like you didn't read it correctly, what I mean is:

VGA (computer) > VGA to Composite (15khz) converter > composite port (CRT TV)
>>
File: 1483230497599.png (20KB, 560x402px) Image search: [Google]
1483230497599.png
20KB, 560x402px
I just use a wiimote.
>>
>>376429427
What's the difference between "a real lightgun" and "just motion controls" if they are functionally equivalent for a given purpose?

CRT-based lightguns work due to sensors, you know. All lightguns operate by having a point of reference and then manipulating it through mathematics.
>>
>>376420496
So does anyone have any drivers?
>>
>>376423838
How much of a fucking idiot do you have to be to post in a thread without knowing anything and STILL deciding not to read a single post to save yourself from looking stupid?
>>
>>376430856
someone pls help
>>
>>376429919
one looks like a dildo
>>
>>376429827
Why not a lightgun?
>>
what about a guncon 3?
it has sensors to use on LCD and plasma tvs
>>
>>376435528
Wouldn't it still need drivers? Maybe Wingun works with that
>>
>>376435528
I am asking about a Guncon 2 though
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.