[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://youtu.be/HMfd2eL7AZY >Game comes out in 7 days >ctrl+f

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 27

File: nyfdyi.jpg (147KB, 1024x576px)
nyfdyi.jpg
147KB, 1024x576px
https://youtu.be/HMfd2eL7AZY

>Game comes out in 7 days
>ctrl+f "surge" in catalog, 0 results found

I mean, not exactly a hypebeast about it, but this trailer and a few other gaming press gameplay vids caught my attention, find it strange how literally no one on /v/ is talking about it, considering how many times I saw the cringy pic related circulating here.
>>
It doesn't look remotely exciting

What's to talk about?
>>
>>376417423
Maybe when it's like 10€, not interested until then.
>>
>>376417423
>>
>>376417423
>same people as lord of the fallen
>looks equally as shit
>>
Why is everything so overdesigned?

Nothing looks cool. There's too much going on with the character/enemy designs for anything to look iconic.

Plus everything just looks like every other robot design ever made in the last few years.
>>
>>376417423
too many full on robots, wouldve been a lot better if it was body horror cyborgs, like in the movie virus. especially the boss looking enemies, theyre just big cranes and shit.
other than that its literally dark souls but future, could be pretty good.
>>
>No Multiplayer
>In a souls-like

D.O.A.
>>
This isn't really even sci-fi souls. The pic in the OP is Sci-Fi souls.
This is more or less industrial. It's ugly, big, fat hunks of metal with a shitty sci-fi tint.
When people say Sci-Fi, 9/10 times they're referring to something more along the lines of Deus Ex, Cyberpunk or Blade Runner.
>>
>>376417423
It looks the way Lord of the Fallen did.
AAA graphics, western writing and a horrible downgrade in terms of gameplay compared to Souls Games.
>>
Combat feels extremely floaty. There's no feeling of impact, nor against humanoids nor against the machines. No feeling that damage even actually registers aside from damage numbers. Looks almost as terrible as LotF.
>>
>>376418029
>>376418028
>>376417990
>>376417669
This.
>>
>>376417423
Holding off for a bit on it. Lords had potential, maybe they learned from their mistakes and improved it.
>>
>>376417423
It's the only game for which I believe the thread are made by true shill.
It look like shit, boring and the previous game LotF was average at best.

Also you don't have the right to use that pic when your game look more like fallout 4 than what the image show.
>>
>>376418029
This. I fucking hated LotF because of how slow and sluggish the gameplay felt compared to souls, and this looks more like a Sci-fi LotF clone rather than a Sci-fi souls clone. Which sucks because I've wanted a SciFi themed souls game for a while.
>>
>>376417423
I fucking hate that slow down shit when he hits enemies
It just looks like fucking awful dogshit
>>
I'll probably pirate it just to try. If it turns out to be bad, no money wasted. Not that I have high expectations, barely knew about this before this thread, but I'm willing to at least try the games who jumped on the Souls bandwagon.
>>
>>376417423
Looks like shit. Combat seems clunky, the aesthetic is bland and forgettable. And the main character looks as generic as possible.
>>
>>376417423
If cringy means combat that doesn't have shitloads of slowdown on every fucking hit, then sign me up to Autismville because The Surge looks like shit.
>>
Lords of the fallen was borderline unplayable. Like, i get the “omg so hard can u beat it xD“ meme, but lotf was so unbelievably slow and clunky and just not fun.

Is there indication that this will be better?
>>
>>376417423

The animations look clunky as fuck and from what I've seen the combat is extremely brain dead. No one's excited for it because it looks like trash.

Also, the mech designs are absolutely terrible. The power armor looks like that same slapped together crap in Elysium and the bosses look like rip offs of rip offs of Macross and and Metal Gear mechs. Just terrible. This has to be one of the most obvious marketer threads I've seen on /v/ for a long time.
>>
Western developers don't know how to make soulslike games because they don't understand why souls games were good.
Just look at all the shitty western attempts and compare them to Nioh and try to think about where they fall gameplay-wise.

Asian games in general tend to have a specific and deliberate design philosophy when it comes to timing and animations in combat. Certain parts of the animation for an action are sped up, certain parts are slowed down or delayed, it's a way to emphasize the action and make it feel more impactful.
Attacks still take time to happen, right, but the windup and followthrough are slowed and sped up in just the right way to make every hit feel like an actual action. Sound design and sequential animation timing and animation canceling techniques also come into play.

Where Western developers fail is they try to emulate the combat and dodge mechanics in the souls series without really understanding what makes the combat good, so it always feels like floaty garbage.

You can have a souls game without rolling.
You can't have a souls game without satisfying and impactful combat.

>>376418130
>>376418275
Exactly.
>>
>named protag with a "personality"
>can't customize them
I wish they would stop doing this.

Also the attack animations look so strange and ineffectual to me.
Like they have such a short range that it just doesn't look quite right.
>>
>all these "clunky combat" arguments/complaints while in the same time praising Dark Souls
loving every laugh
>>
File: 1327700875032.jpg (118KB, 400x585px) Image search: [Google]
1327700875032.jpg
118KB, 400x585px
>>376417423
It's not animu gaimu #4219 so of course /v/ doesnt give a shit.
>>
File: Sanctuary_magnetic_rail_puzzle.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Sanctuary_magnetic_rail_puzzle.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>376417423
We want Sci-Fi Souls.

Meaning less bland Fallout Environments and more Metroid Prime inspired locations.
>>
>>376417423

First 20 seconds and everything is already wrong. The walk animation makes it look like you shart your pants, the stun animation looks off and the side hop looks too ridgid.

The combat reminds me of Dead Rising and that's not a good thing. I think the game would be benefited a lot from having more dynamic camera angles and not be stuck with everything in the center frame and a complete removal of "cinematic" kills. Nothing kills an action game for me more than trying to play the game then having the game play itself for me.
>>
>>376417423
Combat doesn't look satisfying at all, there's no weight to it.
>>
>>376417649
Exactly. Same people trying to emulate a souls type game, they sucked when they tried it with Vikings or whatever. They're gonna suck again trying it with robots. I'm somewhat interested, but mostly I'm expecting it to play like shit.
>>
>>376417423
It looks bad.
>>
Nobody is talking about it because it looks like shit. The animations are so weird. They are so exaggerated and sluggish. The art design is terrible. The enemy design is generally bad. It has no atmosphere at all.
It just looks terrible.
>>
>>376417423

If they sped the game up by about 25% and changed the art style so everything doesn't look like hotwheels then maybe.
>>
>>376417423
looks like a meme game that's been taylor made for reddit
>>
>>376419446
This is so true as well. Post-apocalypse is shit and boring. It's done to death and empty by design.
I would love to see more actual Sci-fi.
>>
>futuristic setting
>focus on melee combat anyway

what's the point? It's not a true "future dark souls", it's just lords of the fallen with a generic sci fi skin.
>>
>western game
>>
File: sad wojak.png (34KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
sad wojak.png
34KB, 633x758px
Am I the only one who liked the heavier combat of LotF? Souls combat just got faster and faster and faster as the series went. Removing clunkyness is fine but we don't need fucking turbo-mode BB combat in every game. make actions have purpose.

fucking hell /v/
>>
>>376420298
Dune gave a perfect justification for melee over guns in any sci-fi setting
Holtzman shield
>>
>>376420557
Ds1 is slow combat done right.
LotF is slow combat done yawn.
Didn't help that LotF had horrible animations and nothing felt like it had any impact.
>>
>>376420557
Yeah probably. I'm so worn out by slow combat.

Because they don't replace it with tactics or anything. It's usually streamlined. So it gets boring, regardless of how much screenshake or animation startup they throw in.

It's that decisions/time thing. Slow down the game and you usually just end up with a worse one.
>>
>>376417423
Thanks for telling us what game this is faggot
>>
>>376420557
DeS and DaS were slow and weren't shit though.
IMO (and everyone else's if you know about the opinions on Poise) DaS3 taking too many pages out of BB's book is one of its many failings.

If you like bad combat that's on you because LotF was slow and clunky not slow and methodical.
>>
>>376417423
It's the lotf devs, it's guaranteed to either suck hard or at least be totally mediocre.
>cringy pic
????
You and most of /v/ would leap on sci-fi souls if it was going to be good.
>>
>>376420728
LotF combat is yawn because there's no enemy depth. weapons had a great feel, but since enemies do one of three attacks it doesn't matter.

>>376420796
same reasoning here. sure, slow can be boring, but slow can also be deliberate.
>>
File: 1ismvb.jpg (53KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1ismvb.jpg
53KB, 500x500px
>>376420675
STOP.
>tfw ur reminded that there will never be a good Dune movie
>tfw you know the series is too big for anyone to make a proper videogame about it
>tfw the god of sci-fi has faded into obscurity in younger sci-fi fans minds

Did Frank Herbert deserve immortality to save Sci-fi?
>>
>>376417649
That's hilarious actually, I didn't know it was the same people but when I saw the combat I thought "man this looks slow and fucking boring like Lords".
Just goes to show that that studio literally cannot improve, they're stuck being copycats, this game is just a reskin to that shitstain.
>>
>>376420675
>perfect justification
>Holtzman
A nonsensical device that existed only to make the setting work is in no way perfect.
>>
>>376420961
absolutely. I still love DeS and DaS. which is why i liked LotF combat to some extent. DS2 and DS3 lost most weight and feel to your weapons and actions. It felt like if you got a good weapon and learned it you won. period. =/
>>
>>376420557
To be honest, i'd be way more inclined to think that a sci-fi souls should be sleek and Bloodborne-esque. I don't see the robot figure in the OP mock up image as heavy at all. He looks like fucking Raiden.
>>
>>376421112
>A nonsensical device
we are not talking about your dick
>>
>>376417423
It looks like shit. Basically lords of the fallen: sci-fi edition.
>>
>>376419358
The souls games aren't animu gaimu and everone in this thread does give a shit about them.
Has nothing to do with jap shit, it's just that this game looks bland, boring and forgetable
>>
>generic as hell
>no character creation, one of the things that helped hook people into Soulslike games
>combat looks like it isn't as fun and reactive

I don't think they learned a damn thing since Lords of the Fallen.
>>
We've talked about it
The animations are shitty, it looks dull, and just as bad as Lords of the Fallen
>>
>>376417990
I don't think the game looks good at all but if you think that multiplayer is something that makes a souls game then you're a massive faggot and the reason the fanbase is so shitty.
>>
It looks like a reskin of Lords of the shitten, which was a fucking terrible game.
>>
File: FRO21.jpg (144KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
FRO21.jpg
144KB, 1280x720px
>>376417423
>by the same people who made lords of the fallen
>attacks still take a year
>>
>>376421202
maybe, but the premise is generally exo-suits and robots, meaning you're probably not too agile with a big machine mesh around you.
Doesn't matter too much, i need to scratch that souls itch and will make a judgement purely out of my own thoughts then.
This is just speculation and discussion
>>
>>376421218
>my dick is nonsensical
I'm not a Dr. Seuss creature.

How is a shield that somehow explodes into a nuclear blast an alternative to conventional ranged weapons?

Wouldn't grunts or drones just jihad themselves and take the target out anyway?

It's a plot device, and a weak one. Dune is science fantasy with emphasis on the fantasy.
It's not the end all be all on thought.
>>
I'm sorry but this game looks so stupid.
>>
>>376421487
>I'm not a Dr. Seuss creature.

Then what's the point of you?
>>
>>376417649
This. Any hype I might have had completely evaporated when I found out it was by the LotF guys. It's hilarious that they paid a bunch of guys in the Souls community to preview it on youtube.
>>
>>376421436
>not liking that somewhat unique fun online interaction that added to the Souls games
>implying that anyone who enjoys these are "pvp cancer"
>>
File: 1465626648814.png (219KB, 827x539px) Image search: [Google]
1465626648814.png
219KB, 827x539px
>we will never get Armored Soul
>all the customization of AC with the level design of a Souls title
>start out as a slightly larger than human Enviro-Suit based mech and by the end of the game you're whizzing around at lightspeed like ZoE shooting homing space lasers or a giant walking tank with a massive cannon
>instead we get LotF2: Electric Boogaloo
If this isn't one of the projects From is working on it's time for the rope.
>>
>>376420557

Slow and heavy combat is fine, look at half of the weapons in Monster Hunter. Problem is, you're delusional if you think that LotF had good slow combat or that fast combat is inherently bad. Faster combat is bad in Dark Souls because you don't actually get any faster but enemies do.

>>376421145

Just because something is slow doesn't mean that it has depth to it though. DS's problem is that "git gud" is the actual solution to every road block because the series became so stagnant that every fight was "learn timing and roll towards attack" ad nauseum. DS2 was a bit floaty but DS3 was just as sharp as DS1 was. It didn't "lose weight" just because it was a tad bit faster, you're seeing something that isn't there.

>>376421461
>exosuit
>not agile

That's one of the problems with the setting. Why wear an exosuit if it slows you down? If you're going to make a game about power armor then make it 1. look cool and 2. feel sleek. Crysis and Vanquish were able to do it right, Surge is doing everything wrong.

>>376421487
>dune
>fantasy

Except it's not. Other memory and shit was at the time considered plausible science. Saying that it's fantasy because time moved on is like saying that 10,000 leagues under the sea is fantasy when at the time, it was a plausible prediction based off of currently known science. Doesn't matter, if you really want to talk about Dune, go jerk off on /tv/ about.

>>376421890
>armored soul

Sounds fucking awful. Miyazaki said he's working on a new Armored Core game but Souls shit shouldn't infect my mecha.
>>
>>376417423
>jumping and ducking to avoid high and low horizontal hits
I feel like that is a layer of complexity that is wholly unnecessary to Souls-ish action games. Also generic sci-fi corridors as so much less interesting than even a generic fantasy or gothic setting.

I really didn't like Lords of the Fallen so I'm not sure about this one.
>>
>>376421884
It's one thing to enjoy it but you're implying that it's a necessary aspect, which is downright wrong. The unique multiplayer system is just icing on a cake. The combat, bosses, world design, and atmosphere are what make a souls game good, all of which are better experienced alone for the first time.
>>
I liked LotF for what it was. A good $5 game you could play for 15 hours
>>
>>376417423
pic related looks more enticing than whatever the fuck Surge is wanting to be. Fuck off.
>>
File: 1490679441545.jpg (72KB, 882x624px) Image search: [Google]
1490679441545.jpg
72KB, 882x624px
>>376422047
>le i am the conversation ender
Thread over, autists are here.
>>
The only reason I'm turned off is because their giant weapons clip through the walls
>>
>>376422197
I started to get motion sickness from playing Lords of the Fallen. Never in my life has anything given me motion sickness until that point.
>>
>>376417423
Did you play LOTF? If you did you'd know why everyone is ignoring this inevitable disappointment.
>>
>>376422302
Shut the fuck up.
>>376422047
Stop replying to 2,000 people at once. You wouldn't be able to hold a conversation with 5 people in an applied setting so why do it here?
>>
>>376422567
try turning off Chromatic abberation ("Post Chromashift") and when the camera wobbles like a motherfucker for no reason you stop your character until is stops.
>>
>>376422653
>Shut the fuck up
Why? Because I made the same point in less words?
What a touchy gayboy.
>>
>>376422197
>Expensive product requiring a AAA studio to make
>Quality is of a 5 dollar indi
>>
>>376422781
Because your post is irritating as fuck, if you're going to get a point across don't shit it out of your ass.
Fuck off.
>>
>>376417423
>western developer tries to make Dark Souls clone

Confirmed trash. I've looked into this game heavily and it's a joke. The animations are awful and everything is a fucking damage sponge.
>>
File: 1491600843250.png (3KB, 203x219px) Image search: [Google]
1491600843250.png
3KB, 203x219px
>Expecting anyone to care about yet another generic cashgrab of a Souls ripoff
>>
>>376422709
id love to but im scared of going in the game, getting motion sickness and puking all over my ps4.
>>
>>376423007
keep a bucket close then? and you can turn off settings before you load into a save anyhow
>>
>>376417423
>4 weapons the whole game with reskins
>>
File: 1464030235343.png (72KB, 353x439px) Image search: [Google]
1464030235343.png
72KB, 353x439px
>>376422828
>offical unofficial assistant junior janitor
You fuck off, redditor. I think you dropped your trip on the ground over there.
>>
>>376423097
that's very true why didnt i think about that.
dude you could be like, my guardian angel
thanks so much anon
>>
File: Screen 312.png (99KB, 985x436px) Image search: [Google]
Screen 312.png
99KB, 985x436px
>>376423256
The game is my guilty pleasure. I know it's a bad game and i still go back and play it every now and then :F
>>
File: 1465000102.gif (3MB, 264x240px) Image search: [Google]
1465000102.gif
3MB, 264x240px
>>376423198
Nigger, I don't care how the fuck you post, just know that you are annoying as fuck and are unpleasant to be around.
>redditor
>unofficial who the fuck cares
K I L L Y O U R S E L F
I
L
L

Y
O
U
R
S
E
L
F
>>
>>376422953
>Favorite genre is TPS/TPARPG
>Every gam that tries to be a TPARPG is istantly labled as a "le dark souls XD" ripoff and branded shit

Gigve me some good 3rd person ARPGs that aren't shit according to you guys. And yes, I've played Bayonetta, MGR:R, and Nier.
>>
>>376423410

Who the fuck are you quoting. You're delusional if you think LotF and consequentially The Surge aren't heavily inspired by Souls.
>>
File: Anime.jpg (87KB, 524x702px) Image search: [Google]
Anime.jpg
87KB, 524x702px
>>376417423
get out, shill

>western developers
into the trash it goes

>small studio
and burn the trash
>>
>>376423410
It's literally the most obvious Souls ripoff, even OP used some generic cyber-souls fanart. Nobody would be talking about it in the first place if it wasn't literally "DUDE WHAT IF DARK SOULS WAS IN THIS NEW SETTING"
>>
>>376423410
Here's the thing.

Don't listen to /v/, /v/ ain't one person, and we love/hate everything here.

Play game and form your opinion.
>>
>>376417423
Lords of the fallen was pretty bad, not enjoyable.
I don't care what the devs are doing now, I don't intend to play their games again.
>>
>>376417649
>>looks equally as shit
Looks worse desu. Sound design is dogshit and none of the acttacks even look they they have impact.
Lords of the fallen looked pretty boring visually but this just looks sterile.
>>
>>376423582
>>376423569
The "dark souls" formula is cookie-cutter for an ARPG though.

>Character goes through a semi-linear world, killing enemies with light attack and heavy attack "combos", collecting armor and weapons along the way, and eventually fighting a giant enemy (ie, boss) with lots of health and can two-shot you

That's dark souls, and the ARPG formula to a T. It's almost impossible to make an ARPG that ISN'T a "souls ripoff".
>>
Combat seems extremely fuckin' slow
>>
>westrash souls

Doesn't really inspire a whole lot of confidence. Wasn't Lords of The Fallen extremely bland? Does this game at least let you make your own character?
>>
>>376417423
that looks frustratingly slow. Not at all looking forward to it.
>>
>>376418028
This is what absolutely kills it for me.
Not only the gameplay seems clunky, the game LOOKS clunky. It's awful.
>>
>>376423869
It's so cookie cutter it's one of the only examples of a series that accomplished that gameplay loop with a level of craftsmanship and has spanned 2 generations and 3 settings.

Souls is popular because it's fairly well made and cornered a market that disappeared for a while.
>>
File: Code Vein.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Code Vein.webm
3MB, 854x480px
>>376417423
Why has every dev failed to capture the dark souls weight and feel fromsoft has captured?

Even the japs are having a hard time
>>
>>376417990
Only time multiplayer was good and not just pvp-faggotry was in demon souls.
>>
>>376424059
>make your own character
Read the thread.
No.

You are Story Protagonist. Gruff future everyman who picks up poorly voice acted audio diaries and listens to the voice in his head to tell him where to go.

Because that's much better than imagining your own backstory and RPing someone who you made.
>>
>>376424184
And people trying to make more of what works is only good for people like me that enjoy the forumla.

Why complain? Do you hate video games?
>>
>>376424480
>Do you hate video games?
This is /v/. most of this thread and board hates video games. That anon especially
>>
>>376423869
All of these games are specifically going out of their way to make their combat exactly like Souls, stop pretending you don't see it. None of these games existed before Demons/Dark Souls, and there are a huge amount of third person ARPGs that do their own thing. There's a reason people have started using the term "Soulslike" to refer to these types of games, as dumb as it is.
>>
>>376424480
>why complain
becuase its bland as fuck and I rather play something thats actually good
>>
File: 1476051747432.png (317KB, 490x597px) Image search: [Google]
1476051747432.png
317KB, 490x597px
>>376424409
You just described Dead Space.
I like Dead Space.
>>
>>376424376
>demon's
>good multiplayer
The PvP sure as shit wasn't.
Unless you liked the Scraping Spear meme or people running around like a fucking Looney Toon eating 99 heals.
>>
File: 1494293708726.jpg (141KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1494293708726.jpg
141KB, 900x675px
>>376417423
No one wants to play your game. Fucking shill.
>>
>>376417423
>looking for a western game
>in /a/ extended
>>
>>376417423
it looks so slow, the blocky designs don't help either
>>
>>376418130
>There's no feeling of impact, nor against humanoids nor against the machines.
so just like Souls game?

i love how butthurt Soulsfags are when westerns make something better
>>
>>376424561
>There's a huge amount of third person ARPGs that do their own thing

Please share. The only reason I give two shits about The Surge and LotF is/was because they use a similar fomula to dark souls.
>>
>>376424350
The game looks nice, but fuck. Is it that hard to make enemies visually react to your attacks? It just makes it look so weak.
>>
>>376417423
looks fun
desu it might look better than ds3 and i dont mean just graphics
>>
>>376424593
Except Dead Space wasn't trying to poorly rip off a better series from the start and add a character where a character creator was before.

Also he didn't say a word in 1, and had a decent personality in 2. I like Dead Space as well. Shame there was never a 3
>>
File: 1405280425484.jpg (845KB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1405280425484.jpg
845KB, 5000x5000px
>>376424846
>>
>>376424593
Isaac was pretty cool though.
>>
>>376417423
I'd be interested if I didn't have to play as generic brown haired buff mclargehuge.
Either hire a character designer or let me make my own character.
>>
>>376424480
>why complain?
Huh? Did you read the post you replied to?
All I said is that the Souls games really aren't as "cookie cutter" as the guy claimed.
>>
Mining facilities are NOT interesting environments to go through. When the fuck will game designers realize this?
>>
>>376417423
finaly not a clunky shitty slow Souls game
>>
>>376417423

There's a spanish dudes playthrough up on Youtube of it right now. Looks like dogshit. Don't know how the HueHueHue got it early but he did
>>
>>376422709
>when the camera wobbles like a motherfucker for no reason you stop your character until is stops
Fuck lol
Lords of the Fallen fans, everybody
>>
File: 1484267781895.jpg (37KB, 285x380px) Image search: [Google]
1484267781895.jpg
37KB, 285x380px
>>376425509
??? The camera IS bad and to stop it from wobbling you stop you character for a second or two.
not that it matters to you, you shit-stirrer
>>
>>376417423
Because the surge is shit light exo aesthetic permanently stuck in an industrial environment with mostly garbage combat and dumb crafting elements.
New ideas it has, like targeting limbs and severing them are made worse by poor execution and implementation.

The character looks and looks like he would feel fundamentally uninteresting because he's just some dude in an exo and as such straddles the unsatisfying line of not being nimble enough to not waddle everywhere outside of a few mobility boosting dashes and not being space-marine stompy.

Also the voiceacting is bottom of the barrel shit again.

>>376419032
Kind of this but replace western with bad and asian with good.
Code Vein doesn't do any of this and it's animu as fuck.
>>
>>376417423
Seems better than the anime souls shit
>>
>>376424350
>every armchair game designer ITT: "muh impact, muh carefully crafted japanese wind-up and release animation folded 1000 times"
>post this

There are lots of souls enemies that don't stagger from attacks either.
>>
>>376427136
>Implying that it's all about staggering
At least you're not implying that hitstop is enough to fix it.
>>
>>376417423
Warframe single player?
>>
Don't care about the bad souls clone. I would buy it if you could play as a female.
>>
File: 1460096570741.jpg (9KB, 250x242px) Image search: [Google]
1460096570741.jpg
9KB, 250x242px
>>376424350
>attacks slice right through them

lacks impact, could be what that other anon was saying about the slowed down timing

On hit there needs to be just so slight of a delay, the person you hit has to have a reaction, and nobody wants thin little yellow blade lines over some nice blood splash in the direction of the attack

Could be the lack of sound too though I guess, something feels off about the first fight in the webm with the triple slice attack
I just want a game with satisfying "exosuit"/augmented body type stuff ;_;
>>
File: 1485345816181.jpg (10KB, 300x289px) Image search: [Google]
1485345816181.jpg
10KB, 300x289px
>>376423913
caralho, i lived in brazil my whole life and i never heard of that shit
>>
Did people seriously not play Lords of the Fallen? The only way anyone would consider playing this game is if they didn't play that monstrosity.
>>
>>376429487
I thought LotF was alright. A solid b-tier dark souls clone.

After putting a few hundred hours into every dark souls I needed a fix man.
>>
>>376417423
Depends on how much closer it is to the souls games rather than Lords of the fallen. I'll keep an eye on it, but it'll probably fall short.
>>
>>376417423
I enjoyed LotF enough to see the game to its end, but not to pay for it.
I'll probably wait to pirate this one at first, and if it is an improvement over LotF I might buy it in a sale.
The fact that it isn't more medieval fantasy shit is already a big plus for me.
>>
>>376429487
Lords of the fallen was a better souls game than DKS2

prove me wrong

you can't
>>
>>376417423
LotF was a better Souls game than Souls games because LotF was actually hard
>>
File: queen think.png (90KB, 197x231px) Image search: [Google]
queen think.png
90KB, 197x231px
Dude get this

Lets make a dark souls clone

with no character creator!
>>
>>376417423
>LotF devs

The only reason this bothers me is because it will have Denuvo.
>>
File: 1448110675734.jpg (5KB, 251x241px) Image search: [Google]
1448110675734.jpg
5KB, 251x241px
>>376430803
Dude get this

Lets make an RPG

with no story!
>>
>>376423913
>>376429362
What does it say?
>>
>>376430803
Nothing wrong with that, if you can freely allocate points on your stats it doesn't really change how the game plays.
>>
>>376417423
i lost interest the moment i realised you played as a boring fucking guy in a suit and not a robot.
>>
>>376417423
I didn't even knew it was supposed to release actually.

Enjoyed Lords of the Fallen more than the pile of garbage that was Dark Souls 2, so I don't mind checking this one out.
>>
it looks okay, but i won't play it because no character creation. how to devs mess up so badly with this? i want to play as cute girls
>>
>>376432780
"felipe, my mother in law also made monkey soup, delicious"
>>
Anti-Denuvo and fromdrones are mad as fuck that a sequel has already been confirmed. It's a better, western take on the souls formula with greater than japanese production values that blows Bloodborne out of the water.

>A LOOSELY Souls style game with INSANELY better graphics.
>Motion-captured animations.
>Westernized/European aesthetic and ideals.
>Dynamically placed, ambient music cues
>A FULLY REALIZED, immersive story with a set character that's actually voiced.
>FULLY voiced audio notes
>Mouths actually move when characters talk
>Stops at NG++.
>Much harder, REALISTIC fighting.
>Metroid/Castlevania style exploration.
>Crafting
>Don't have to worry about retards interfering with your game
>A much MORE rewarding Level-up system that emphasizes risk versus playing it safe.
>No retarded marathon runs to get back to a boss
>Boss weapon drops are dependent on how you battle/kill a boss, making strategy VERY rewarding.
>It's on PC
>>
>>376431000
less story = better, you cuck
>>
>>376433230
Why are you pro-Denuvo?
>>
>>376433371
>not realizing this is pasta from the LotF shilling they did a few years ago
>>
File: 1475760477925.jpg (1MB, 2108x2997px) Image search: [Google]
1475760477925.jpg
1MB, 2108x2997px
>>376418028
>It isn't sci-fi unless everything looks sleek and designed by Apple.
>>
Looks like Dark souls 2.

Aka hot garbage.
>>
File: Hellpoint.jpg (209KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Hellpoint.jpg
209KB, 1024x576px
>>376417423
Fuck this. Looking for this.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hellpoint/hellpoint-a-dark-sci-fi-rpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/628680/Hellpoint_Demo/
>>
Questionable, but I'll buy it and play an hour before deciding whether to refund or not. Could end up being good.
>>
>>376436503
>Not buying it on steam for an hour and 59 minute long demo, refunding even if you liked the game, and then buying it on CDKeys for 35% cheaper

Steam is a platform that holds games, you never actually BUY from there.
>>
>>376434751
Lords of the Fallen was better than Dark Souls 2 though.
>>
>>376423913
mas que caralhos é isso anão
>>
>>376422047
>if you really want to talk about Dune, go jerk off on /tv/ about.
out
now
>>
>>376437437
Saying something was better than Dark Souls 2 doesn't raise the bar that high.
Thread posts: 163
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.