[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Xenoblade and Xenoblade X considered action RPGs or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: top_eyecatch.jpg (797KB, 1280x700px)
top_eyecatch.jpg
797KB, 1280x700px
Are Xenoblade and Xenoblade X considered action RPGs or are they something else?
>>
Cooldown combat I guess. The offline mmo comments are pretty accurate, and I like both games.
>>
Whatever the generic mmo combat is called.
The waiting for cooldowns thing.
>>
>>376417046
RTS RPG
>>
>>376417046
Both are MMOs

Xenoblade is more close to turn based, because of freeze time gameplay.

Xenoblade X is more close to action-based because of combo, animation lag, and generally rewarding offense and risk taking.
>>
>>376419316
>freeze time gameplay

What
>>
What class should I use for my third playthrough of X? I used the sniper class the first time and shield class the second time.
>>
>>376419561
Star crusader is fun as fuck
>>
>>376419402
chain attacks
>>
>>376419561
I like blasting shit with Raygun personally.
>>
>>376419659
>>376419762
That's the lightsabers and raygun class right? I was leaning more towards that than full metal jaguar
>>
>>376419834
go for it, that class a little slow to begin. Once you get overdrive, it's one of the best pre-built overdrive classes. Raygun and knife pair like bread and butter.
>>
>>376419659
That's only a small part of the combat though, I don't think it's right to call it freeze frame combat
>>
>>376420656
>small part of the combat
>chain attacks

You can get to Eryth Sea without it, but late game, it's all chain attacks. There is no point in not building it up.
>>
>>376419561
Knife and Shield if you arent a scrub
>>
>>376421050
How the fuck do you use two melee weapons?
>>
>>376421197
Knife and raygun if you aren't a scrub.
>>
>>376420972
It's probably more efficient to use the party gauge for revives/future prevention (unless you topple lock), but chain attacks are more fun to do
>>
>>376419834
enforcer/psycorrupter/mastermined is knife and raygun

the other one switches to lightsaber/psycholaunchers after enforcer
>>
>>376419561
I roll javelin/psycholaunchers personally
>>
Honestly the one thing that X's combat needed most desperately was a way to switch which party member you controlled on the fly. (say, with up/down on the d-pad since they do nothing anyway). Would have:
-fixed waiting on cooldowns, making the system as a whole more fun
-made combos more varied and interesting
-made soul voice pickups more useful by giving the player a say in who capitalizes on what calls
-made literally everyone that's not the player character useful

Like really why didn't they do that?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.