[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Red pill me on OOT lore. Is it good and worth getting into?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

File: 333152.jpg (347KB, 1680x1050px)
333152.jpg
347KB, 1680x1050px
Red pill me on OOT lore.

Is it good and worth getting into? How deep does it go?
>>
Caring about lore in video games is never worth it.
It's always as deep as a puddle.
>>
>>376408997
It's an incredibly simple story.

The community desire for a deep and interwoven narrative ruined zelda forever. Somehow the story of a young bold hero having to save the world is not enough.
>>
>>376409372
Simple and complex aren't mutually exclusive.
>>
>>376408997
All the Sages in OoT died.

Saria entered the forest temple to calm the spirits but calls for help because it's crawling with monsters - dead.

Darunia attempts to take on Volvagia alone and without the megaton hammer - dead

Ruto mysteriously disappears during the water temple - dead

Nabooru is straight up murdere di nfont of you - dead

Impa tries to seal the monster that escaped the bottom of the well but when you get to the shadow temple she's not there and the monster is - dead
>>
>Zelda
>lore

There's three magic triangles and some elf has to get them before a green man does.

That is the lore for 99% of Zelda games.
>>
The Royal Family forced Gerudo in their valley, Goron in DM and Zoras in the river. HUGE concentration camp under Kakariko. Also Ganondorf did nothing wrong
>>
Not OoT but the lore about the Sacred Realm in LttP was pretty neat, though very simple. I particularly liked the tragedy behind flute boy.
>>
>>376411270
Is this real? What is under Kakariko?

Why did Ganondorf do no nothing wrong?
>>
>>376413432
a prison. there are blood stains and weird shit all over.
>>
File: zz.png (178KB, 1190x906px)
zz.png
178KB, 1190x906px
>>376410031
>>
>>376413989
Something can be simple and complicated at the same time you fucking retard, it always depends on the angle you view it from.
>>
File: vipes.jpg (67KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
vipes.jpg
67KB, 600x600px
>>376414480
>>
>>376413584
And if you have Navi check the skulls on the wall, they'll say random shit about Hyrule's bloody past and the atrocities during the war, I recall.
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 600x258px)
image.jpg
24KB, 600x258px
>>376411059
This.... Sadenns me... war is hell.
>>
>>376414591
So Zelda is the sacred princess from a genocidal bloodline?

Damn that's hot. That makes me save her even more. We will make love on the blood puddless of Hyrules enemies.
>>
>>376413432
>Why did Ganondorf do no nothing wrong?
because Demise possessed his body and created Ganon
>>
>>376415040
moar loar
>>
>>376415040
That's fucking wrong though.
>>
File: botwtapestry.jpg (89KB, 616x347px)
botwtapestry.jpg
89KB, 616x347px
>>376415386
>>376415432
A Gerudo actually fought against a Evil Beast, later known as Ganon, to save Hyrule, his people and the scummy Royal Family.
Take note that Gerudo are the best creatures in Hyrule. They not only are the best warriors, but also magicians, they can live in the desert and walk in Death Mountain, can call spectres from the world of the Death, hot as fuck.
The Twinrova sisters, that knew about this legend, decided to let the Beast incarnate itself in the body of a newborn boy Gerudo, who successfully killed most of the Sheikah and started the Unifying war against the Royal Family
>>
>>376408997
OoT is just a quintessential hero's journey. Simple and resonates with everyone.
>>
sage rauru is apparently the owl
>>
>>376416164
unconfirmed theories state that be might be the previous king of Hyrule
can you confirm this?
>>
File: ganondorf.jpg (256KB, 840x671px) Image search: [Google]
ganondorf.jpg
256KB, 840x671px
>>376408997
Ganondorf did nothing wrong.

Yeah everything seems peaceful in Hyrule before he wrecks everything. But was it really?

Gerudo are forced to stay in the desert and are called bandits.

Deku tree refuses to let anyone into his forest and does nothing about lost woods.

Zora control the flow of fresh water. literally cleans his ass with it.

Goron Hoard all the Ore to eat and refuse access to death mountain.

Royal family has been hoarding triforce power forever.

Royal family was hoarding the ocarina of time and even the wind waker to unknown effect.

Undead roam the countryside every night, but guards do nothing.

Ganondorf gave everyone a bloody nose they deserved and put them in their place.
>>
>>376417093
Was it ever clarified what or who was responsible for the undead? Did they exist before Ganondorf became active?
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 320x699px)
image.jpg
59KB, 320x699px
>>376417093
Woah anon! That sound almost like the history of the fucking world with diffirent neihbouring tribes decidig who can or cannot come into their land and there being some kind of top dog within this societey that rightfully secures its place via diffirent means.

And then, get this, those societies often build cities within tall walls and guard it to prevent the outside dangers of predetirs and wildlife from getting at everyone because policing ALL of natures wild would be a retarded task so remember to not go running about outside those walls in the fucking dark eh?

Jesus anon.
>>
File: 1494262915118.jpg (47KB, 718x960px)
1494262915118.jpg
47KB, 718x960px
>>376417093
this
Zelda is a retard, as well as hylians
>>
>>376417492
Meanwhile Zelda has a giant heavily guarded garden.
>>
>>376417492
Zelda was always darker than people realize.

In ATTP they talk about how gangs of murdering thieves invaded the sacred realm and fought each other for the triforce.

If you keep this dichotomy of evil/impure vs good/sacred/pure it is not hard to imagine what Ganon would have done with the 7 princesses.

As Link you have to slaughter knights who are mind controlled by a wizard. You see the skeleton of a king in the opening scene. You see how your uncle dies.

It is really bad that so many gamer gurrrls and hipsters ruined the image of Zelda. It is a classical example of a series being too successful for their own good.

I would like the series to return to its dark roots.
>>
>>376416164
Non-canon.

>>376416364
The previous king before OoT? Impossible. He doesn't believe the legend of the Master Sword until he sees Link in Gerudo Desert (somewhere he couldn't possibly be unless he had foreknowledge from the future of how to get there).
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.