[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have over 900 hours in this game, I have bought 0 dlc (it takes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: CK2.jpg (1014KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
CK2.jpg
1014KB, 1920x1080px
I have over 900 hours in this game, I have bought 0 dlc (it takes 10 seconds to pirate and activate it all on steam)

It's actually great, the base game is really good and major updates and dlc come just enough to keep me coming back. There's plenty of huge overhaul mods which add another playthrough to the list. The A Game of Thrones mod is my favourite but stuff like After the End and Rebels and Warmongers add a lot too even if not finished/
>>
Is it as complicated as it looks? I am too old to play games like DF, and all I could manage is games like civ 6.
>>
I tried to pick it up but I don't know how to play or what my objective is.
>>
>>376409970
These games will give you cancer if you are not interested in complicated stuff and micro management.I tried playing without cheats and it becomes really stressful after a while.
>>
>>376410280
Your objective is to deus vult by way of accomplishing the great task of navigating the games UI.
>>
>>376409970
yes
but it's also not too tricky to just not die indefinitely while you work out how to play
>>376410280
you have to set your own goals

a good starter is trying to become emperor of the holy roman empire without starting as them; or starting as byzantium and remaking the roman empire

Ireland is one of the easiest places to start though, warfare wise.
Also Crusading once you hit the size of a small kingdom is often a fast way to expand to a small Empire, provided you can hold Jerusalem (this is not easy, but mostly you need to hold out long enough for Byzantine and Christian allies to arrive to reinforce you, they almost always join wars against a Jihad)
>>
>>376410641
The game systems seem really complicated and I have no idea what I'm doing. Even if I made my own goal I wouldn't know how to achieve it.
>>
>>376408965
I agree OP, CK2 is my favorite strategy game. Have you tried the Elder Kings mod yet? It let's you play in the map from the Elder Scrolls and it adds some really cool elements.
>>
>>376410768
seriously though, fuck around until you work it out if you think you'll enjoy it; or drop it entirely if you don't think it's for you.
>>
>>376410883
I'll keep trying it out in my spare time, it feels like a game that takes a while to get the hang of.
>>
>>376409970

I Must be honest it took me 20 hours to get all the knowledge to get good in this game.
After a few couple decades in most cases you are save playing 80% of the kings avaible in this game.
I play on full speed now 99% of the time because its pretty easy to exploit all the "mechanics" in the game.
>>
File: 1493656963334.jpg (48KB, 766x960px) Image search: [Google]
1493656963334.jpg
48KB, 766x960px
>>376409970
>>376410280
Manditory viewing for anyone interested in CKII

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T8GIvDWTvKg
>>
>>376410280

Like a real political leader, you make your own goals.
>>
>>376410597

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damocles
>>
>>376409970
People overreact, you don't nee to know everything up front, just learn at your pace...even my densest friend had fun with eu iv
>>
>>376411749
What if I have no goals like in irl?
>>
File: 20161220101000_1.jpg (676KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161220101000_1.jpg
676KB, 1920x1080px
>>376408965
>wanna play a chill game
>smal realm
>raiding, focused on building up my holdings
>always end up blobbing

fuck I hate this
>>
>>376411873
Then stop being a nihilistic faggot and set some. It'll probably help you out in real life too.
>>
>>376411873

Then, like in irl, prepare to be culturally enriched.
>>
File: 1386601355788.png (138KB, 522x474px) Image search: [Google]
1386601355788.png
138KB, 522x474px
>Gender equality settings: Historically Accurate

I cannot be stopped.
>>
>>376413020
it's fun playing as a female ruler tbqh

fuck every powerful vassals and they're loyal for life to you
>>
All I do in this game is make custom republics of some religion that can holy war everyone, and blob everywhere
Haven't touched any feudal mechanics for 500 hours or so
>>
>>376409970
This >>376411841
It's 2bh really easy to pick up, just a little unintuitive at first if you've never played another Paradox grand strat, but there's plenty of good beginner's guide vids on youtube that'll give you a quick rundown on the essentials in like 20 minutes or some shit and then it's just a matter of playing it and learning as you go
Honestly the first 100 or so hours were probably the most fun I ever had in the game when you would still from time to time learn new shit and figure things out, probably more now with all the DLC
Once you've got a hang of it though it's not a particularly hard game
A lot of fun though especially if you don't play to blob and paint the map, it gets exponentially easier at some point when you're big enough, it's fun to make your own rules and goals and basically rp in a historically believable way
>>
>>376408965

Actually, I've been wondering about that.

How does CK2 compare to EU4?

What are the odds I could run either of them on my laptop?
>>
>>376413540
CK2 isn't too intensive at first, later on though after several centuries if you make it that far it might slow down a ton when there's like a billion characters, especially with India
Get SWMH mod for a better map and use disable India for the optimal experience
>>
Does it normally take dozens of years to get anything done in this game? I've put a lot of time into the game and I could never fathom blobbing out and retaking the whole Roman Empire as Byzantium because unless there's an event I can almost never take huge parts of land or entire kingdoms. Any advice on speeding up blobbing? I've never honestly been able to blob all the way out like I want.
>>
>>376415315
Snowball effect.

The hardest part is getting your first duchy. Once you're a big kingdom / empire you can blob very quickly
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.