[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why on earth is this series called the "Legend of Zelda"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: Zelda_Logo.svg.png (92KB, 1200x489px) Image search: [Google]
Zelda_Logo.svg.png
92KB, 1200x489px
Why on earth is this series called the "Legend of Zelda" and not "Legend of Link"?
>>
Zelda is the super magic legendary princess, Link is just some faggot cunt in a skirt who pretends to be heroic.
>>
Because it is about rescuing the princess.
Heroes are expendable. The princess not so much.
>>
File: IMG_0210.jpg (26KB, 236x224px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0210.jpg
26KB, 236x224px
>>376404708
why? the hero's name is clearly Zelda
>>
>>376404774
What's so legendary and magical about her?
>>
>>376404843
I don't know, I don't play the games.
>>
It's a tribute to F.Scott Fitzgeralds wife Zelda, Miyamoto thought the name sounded "pleasant and significant.
>>
>>376404708
Deepest lore
>>
>>376404809
>The princess not so much.
Says fucking who?

Queens are totally irrelevant in history except for rare cases, but exceptions prove the rule.

More often than not they are simply breeding machines and their job is to shit out a male potential king. You have only a daughter? You are fucked unless you can find a male cousin or something who can marry her.
>>
>>376404843
Zelda is the incarnation of the goddess hylia.
>>
>>376404908
Well shit, this may actually be true. I had no idea about him having a wife, or that that was her name.
>>
>>376404843
She's part God you nigger, show some respect.
>>
>>376404810
did that image predicted link crossdressing?
>>
>>376404708
Link's focus is rescuing Zelda and slaying Ganon (or at least banishing him) and in many cases Zelda directly assists in the defeat of Ganon. However, that's only a snapshot of the legend. Zelda's actions before and after the defeat of Ganon are ultimately more impactful.
>>
>>376405148
Since when?

Was she a god in ocarina of time?

ALSO WHEN THE FUCK DID CAPTCHAS START TO BECOME SO FUCKING ANNOYING? It's got notably worse in the last months.
>>
>>376405178
m-maybe
>>
>>376405262
Because bots have been able to bypass them, so they have had to step up their game.
And yes Zelda has always been reincarnation of Hylia.
>>
>>376404708
>Why on earth is this series called the "Legend of Zelda" and not "Legend of Link"?

Because Zelda is the hero's love interest.
>>
>>376405108
It is true, I think.
>>
gooks worshipping a blonde, white woman like she is fucking god

nothing new
>>
>>376405680
She is not his love interest, Link is the chosen one to protect her from Ganon which wants to rule the land as cliche as is by taking Zelda's part of the triforce. A thing he actually almost gets away with in Link to the past.
>>
>>376406141
She's his love interest. Just google it.
>>
>>376406141
Is Ganon a reincarnation too?

Why the fuck does he turn into a monster in ATTP and OOT?
>>
>>376406252
Ganon has always been a monster.
He can shapeshift.
And Zelda has one part of the triforce so she constantly reincarnates along with Ganon and Link.
They are all connected and in constant conflict over their triforce parts.
>>
>>376405070
>in history
There is your problem. This isn't history, it is fairy tale logic.
>>
>>376406332
But Zelda and Link aren't in conflict.

2 pieces should easily triumph over 1 piece.
>>
>>376406616
Yeah but Ganon is pure brute force and Zelda is good for nothing woman that just gets kidnapped.
This is why Link saves her, and when he does they live in peace after that.
Every LOZ is based around multiple points of time.
>>
>>376406616
The problem is that they keep rubbing their two pieces together, instead of thinking about what to do against Ganon.
>>
>>376406773
Isn't Zelda supposed to represent wisdom, Link courage and Ganon power?

How the fuck can power be overpowered?
>>
>>376406225
Depends on the game, actually.
>>
>>376406887
>How the fuck can my rock lose agaisnt paper
Retard
Link wins because good always wins, that's the whole fucking problem there
>>
>>376406901
No, they just focus on it less occasionally.
>>
>>376406994
You have no grasp of reality, do you?

Just open a fucking history book you fucking moron. Peaceful and good idiots were wiped out by evil bastards all the fucking time.
>>
>>376407181
But it is a videogame for little kids
In the tales usually good always wins in the end.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRQlpuwFSPg
I was confused before i saw this
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.