[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Clearly a context sensitive, pre-baked animation sequence.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: tmp_21519-tenor(2)439346057.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_21519-tenor(2)439346057.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>Clearly a context sensitive, pre-baked animation sequence.
>Insomniac claims this is "gameplay".

This game is gonna be littered with "Press X to awesome" isn't it?
>>
Could be a hold R to awesome kind of thing.
Wouldn't be the first game to have auto-parkour.
>>
>>376403376
>Auto-parkour

Really tired of this mechanic in games.

They could at least have it be timing based in some way.
>>
>>376403107
>press x to awesome

I mean. Besides the swinging what else is cool in a spiderman game. Neat little things like this go a long way for roleplaying and immersion
>>
Is it really Spiderman's style to break through a coffee shop like this? It looks like he could have gone through the street to the left and not lose much time
>>
>>376403875
Yeah, what the hell

>>376403771
Spiderman 2 and Ultimate were perfectly fine games without any of that
>>
There's been a number of good spiderman games

we didn't need a triple A one with press X to be superhero mechanics

if the webswinging isn't at least as good as spidey 2, it'll be an embarrassment
>>
>>376404136
>expecting the swinging of this to be as good as the guy who spent an insane amount of his time working on nothing but swinging mechanics
>>
>>376404241
yeah i do actually, cuz spidey 2 was made over 10 years ago and i doubt they had the budget this game has
>>
>>376403107
Have they specifically said THIS part?

There are a few flash seconds in the trailer that look like gameplay, this obviously isn't one of them.
>>
File: 1361419750219.jpg (146KB, 589x669px) Image search: [Google]
1361419750219.jpg
146KB, 589x669px
I can't wait for the flood of tears at E3
>>
>>376404425
Like clockwork
>>
>>376403107
>i'm salty because i don't own a ps4: the post
>>
>>376403771
>Besides the swinging what else is cool in a spiderman game.

Improved Combat mechanics.

Web of Shadows was already exploring some crazy stuff you can do with Spider-Man's abilities in combat. I would love a Spidey combat system that's a bit more Ninja Gaiden/Bayonetta inspired. Spider-man is one of the superheroes where air combos and ranged grab attacks make sense. His agility and web attacks should be ultilized more.

Of course people will call me a Platinumfag for saying that and that we're better off with BamHam Combat.
>>
>>376404692
Nah, they'll just ignore any talking point and say you must be salty because you don't own a PS4. It's easier that way
>>
>>376403107
Context sensitive actions are the bane of modern vidya. It may be alright in some very strict cases of very simple actions like general "activation" of something (switch, lever, door/chest opening) where a character doesn't have that much options, but complex actions like on that gif that would require a certain amount of planning, coordination and agility IRL really suffer from such apporach. It begins to feel like the game plays itself rather than player playing it.
>>
>>376403107
It's conceivable that could be done with maybe only one context-sensitive action for jumping to the post in the middle.

Otherwise you could do it with button presses. One jump across the table, context sensitive button press to bounce off the post and then being near a window causes Spiderman to automatically accelerate forward and dash through it

I don't have this much faith in the game, but at a stretch it possibly could work with normal controls
>>
>>376404592
>PS4 owners can't dislike "Spiderman the movie the game the movie"

Sure bud.
>>
>>376404023
>Spiderman 2 and Ultimate were perfectly fine games without any of that
They were also released a decade ago, if the technology was there you could be sure they would've used it.
>>
>>376405135
>Games were better 10 years ago

Can't disagree i guess
>>
>>376404692
this

I remember having a ton of fun with aerial options in spideyman 2 on the ps2

a well made spiderman game on the new generation could be the best superhero game ever
>>
>>376404592
>Be critical of exclusive.
>You just don't own the system!

Everytiem.
>>
>>376405867
Where are the fingerprints and cheeto dust all over the glossy cover
>>
>>376406608
Your mom was nice enough to clean my room before she went home yesterday.
>>
>>376408247
Yeah and you didn't even pay her you cheap fuck
>>
>>376403376
If you could do all of this normally with the auto parkour system rather than it be specifically for this one exact scene, that's be pretty cool. Except there's no way in a trillion years this doesn't have 10x the detail that normal movement in the game has just so they can show it off
>>
>>376411196
It's gonna be some kind of chase segment where you're bottleneck'ed into this specifc coffee shop for a quick cool scripted moment.

I guarentee it.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.