[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leK us0jrbRQ https://www.you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 235
Thread images: 33

File: gyubzyq87xmx.png (149KB, 828x801px) Image search: [Google]
gyubzyq87xmx.png
149KB, 828x801px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leKus0jrbRQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgRcu8eq6YI
>HEY INSTEAD OF FINISHING MY GAME, >LET'S TAKE FEATURES FROM THIS FINISHED GAME, ITS NOT LIKE THERE WILL BE FEATURE CREEP!
>>
>>376385314
lol is that seriously the dev's code
>>
>>376385314
don't know this language but wouldn't you have classes and sub classes?
Or something inheritance?
>>
File: 1490732109421.png (136KB, 320x371px)
1490732109421.png
136KB, 320x371px
Shit like this triggers me because I worked on a project where one of the devs used copypaste as a programming technique.
>>
>>376385747
>>376385917
It's clearly decompiled code you retards.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170509-004013.jpg (551KB, 1333x1283px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170509-004013.jpg
551KB, 1333x1283px
>stealing and being inspired are two different things

Yandere dev my nigga. Listen I am a 100% ok with stealing ideads. I think every good idea should be stolen and combined with other good ideas. This is how the best things are made and the world is improved upon. So don't try to sugar coat it. Grow a pair and be honest.
>>
>>376386738
Decompiled code doesn't magically create fuckhuge else-if chains and string comparisons

You're clearly regurgitating something someone told you in one of these threads that you accepted as the truth because it was easier than coming to terms with the fact that yanderedev is a huge fucking hack
>>
>>376387361
>yandere
Does anyone really care?
>>
>>376387361
Here's the thing
He's right, but he shouldn't be publicly declaring this shit. It's easy to misinterpret and terrible optics. He doesn't have to be transparent about every single aspect of the design process to people who literally do not understand the design process
>>
>>376387520
webdev pls go back to playing with nodejs
>>
I loved supporting YanDev around 2014-15 even though the builds were shitty prototypes, but how has he not gotten over feature creep? He really hasn't learned from Duke Nukem Forever has he?
>>
>>376387520
Spend a day or two on /g/ and then you will get OP.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW8h8lQJlM4
>>
>yahnderray
why the fuck does he say it like that
he's a hardcore weeb, surely he knows the way to actually pronounce jap syllables
>>
>>376388484
That doesn't mean he can speak moon.
>>
who the fuck keeps giving him money

this game is never going to be made
>>
>>376388597
but he'd have watched enough anime to have heard yandere said properly, right?
>>
>>376388829
He's fucking retarded and has no concept of actually comprehending Japanese, even after watching a bunch of anime. He's most likely a dubfag too.
>>
>>376388484
How do you pronounce it if not that? E turns into an "eh/ayy" sound and A is an "ah" sound.
>>
>>376388829
This is YanDev we're talking about. He wanted to make an open world game when he was just a one guy dev with stock unity assets. He wanted to implement Yakuza style fighting into what was supposed to be a STEALTH GAME because he thought it would be cool, with animations worked on for it.
>>
>>376385314
this guy has the biggest ass burgers ive ever seen
>>
>>376385314
Why even make these videos? He's just setting himself up for a list of things he can not deliver on. There is no way this lazy cunt is going to implement all this shit. He wasted time to write, capture footage, and edit these videos when he should be working on his shitty game.
>>
>>376389271
ใ‚„ใ‚“ใงใ‚Œ

ya [nasally closed back of mouth sound, not a literal n] de re (where the e is pronounced like 'eh' not 'ay' and the 'r' is actually that r-l combo sound where you touch the top of your mouth with your tongue while making the r mouth movement)

https://translate.google.com/#ja/en/%E3%82%84%E3%82%93%E3%81%A7%E3%82%8C
>>
>>376389493
It doesn't make sense to use Japanese pronunciation when you're speaking english, even if it's a foreign word. It just sounds weird. If you're speaking english you use english pronunciation for foreign words.
>>
>>376388829
He doesnt seem like he actually watches anime, other than the shit that gets really popular. Even then its very likely he only watches dubs. Guy probably doesnt even know how the Japanese alphabet works
>>
>>376389651
It makes sense to use the foreign pronunciation for foreign words that aren't a part of the english vocabulary
>>
The only reason I even know about this faggot is because you guys won't shut up about him. You're your own worst enemy. Quit giving him publicity.
>>
>>376389271
yan-de-re, not yahn-dairy. Its not that fucking hard.
>>
>>376389724
Only if you are autistic though.
>>
>>376385861
He's using C# and Unity, so technically he could do all of that. Instead he just puts everything in a single big class and does that shit.
>>
>>376389801
whenever it comes up though it's turns into such a dumpster fire I can't help but be entrigued
>>
File: the hand signal.jpg (397KB, 956x720px) Image search: [Google]
the hand signal.jpg
397KB, 956x720px
I don't know what's funnier the nodevs on /agdg/ who are jealous that this guy is making tens of thousands of dollars literally copypasting text from babby's first game tutorials and e-begging people to make his game for him for free, or the absolute idiots who actually give money to this guy thinking they're actually going to get a good game out of this.
>>
>>376387361
Every great artist steal from other artists. It's a difference between stealing and plagiarizing and almost every single successful person will admit they stole some ideas or concept and made it their own. It's like business practice.
>>
>>376389651
If you say "bonjour" to someone, you'll use french pronunciation because its a fucking french word, same way that if you see a japanese word, you try to say it with japanese pronunciation because the word being used elsewhere doesn't give it a new magical way to say it. But I get it, it's because English isn't written as it's spoken so no one knows how to pronounce anything from reading it.
>>
>>376389928
It's really not a bad way to do it though.
>>
>>376385861
>wouldn't you have classes and sub classes
you would if you knew what you were doing, but this is the ideas guy for an anime fetish simulator we're talking about
>>
>>376390067
english is a fucking horrible language
every vowel can be pronounced the exact same way as another vowel depending on the word it's in. There's no logic or consistency in how to pronounce anything
>>
>>376390068
It is for maintainability. I mean it's fine if it works, but it's gonna be hard to maintain or expand upon. I don't know if there are performance issues in the game either, but having clean code would make it easier to iron those out.
>>
File: Zelda.gif (412KB, 240x233px) Image search: [Google]
Zelda.gif
412KB, 240x233px
>>376390068
It really is though if anyone ever caught you coding like that at their company they'd through you out so fast it would break the sound barrier.
>>
>>376390068
There is NEVER a valid reason to use string comparisons for something that could be accomplished with enums.
>>
The guy is obviously a moron who is in way too deep.
>>
>>376390310
The fucker was complaining a couple months back about how if he was going to get a company to work on his game they'd want 50% of the profit

As if an entire team of people having to split up 50% while he gets the other 50% for being an ideas guy was too unreasonable and he deserved even more than that
>>
>>376387520
>Decompiled code doesn't magically create fuckhuge else-if chains and string comparisons

How the fuck not? Are you fucking trolling or retarded?
>>
wtf how does this guy got 1.4mil subs?
>>
File: 1437511806239.jpg (243KB, 573x446px) Image search: [Google]
1437511806239.jpg
243KB, 573x446px
>>376387623
He's autistic. He couldn't give less of a fuck about optics. Deal with it retard.
>>
>>376390560
>decompiling code creates string comparisons
anon...
>>
>>376390589
>He couldn't give less of a fuck about optics
He whines about the amount of time and effort he puts into his youtube videos yet also calls them necessary to maintain hype. He cares about optics, just not where it matters.
>>
File: ricklol.jpg (32KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
ricklol.jpg
32KB, 900x900px
>>376385314
I love sending him emails full of stupid shit because I know he is an autist who has to read every email he gets and it makes him butt hurt. I didn't do this until he made the video whining about it
>>
>>376385861
It should be a lookup table, not a giant if chain. If he adds another "witnessed" case he has to recompile, copy, and paste.
>>
File: 1488668394275.png (373KB, 600x537px) Image search: [Google]
1488668394275.png
373KB, 600x537px
>>376385314
ASSOCIATIVE ARRAYS
>>
>>376390416
He also made a video where he would have people vote on which option was best for YS, like selling out to a company or not rush to the kickstarter and develop it at his own pace. He chose the former while most people picked the latter, he's like fucking Comcept with Mighty No 9 where the "fan influence" in game development is nothing and they just make people feel like they're involved. He's a bonafide Inafune.
>>
>>376385314

That code really isn't that terrible when you realize that it started small and he kept adding more. Every large program is going to have something like this, and rewriting something often has very little benefit when it's already working.
>>
>>376390795
Just make each case a delegate, hell C# was built for this kind of stuff.
>>
>>376386738
c# decompiles better than that
>>
>>376390925
C# compiler does that with regular switches on strings, no need to make it explicit.
The bigger problem is, it's an if-else ladder when C# has switches on strings.
>>
>>376390582
Pewdiepie playing his "game" pretty much gave him a few hundred thousand subs for free.
>>
>>376387741
>>376388357
>>376390560
not him, and I get that it's a joke, but decompiling C# code doesn't change the code.

That dev is just shit
>>
>>376390916
>what are enums
>what are switch statements
>what is reusability
>what are dictionarys
>what are DTOs
Anyone is a sophomore college CS class would recognize that there was a pattern there to what was happening and would simplify the code.
>>
>>376390916
That code is fucked by design. At no point is it a good idea to make those fucking strings.
>>
>>376386738
C# decompiles to the actual source code
It's why you need to obscure things if you wanna hide it. And obscurers look like Zalgo text
>>
>>376385314
Holy balls.
Is he really comparing strings instead of doing something like enums or boolean arrays?
No wonder this shit has so many performance issues
>>
You know ironic shilling is still shilling, right? Fuck off with this garbage.
>>
And it's split into two parts for no other reason besides clickbaiting
>>
>>376391871
If it's Unity, it's performance could be from other places that he's too stupid to run the analyzer on.

If he's running this code a lot each frame, or code like it, then yeah the games fucked.

You can only do a very limited number of operations in unity and maintain the update below the 13/16ms needed for 60 FPS. It's why everything is event driven
>>
>in MGS this happens
>WHOA LOOK AT ME I REFERENCED MGS IN PERSONA 5 VIDEO SO FUNNY HAHA
This is why the game's doomed. He has no sense of situational humor.
>>
File: costanze.png (28KB, 635x634px) Image search: [Google]
costanze.png
28KB, 635x634px
>>376390916

Well shit nigger if it really doesn't matter then just make it into a bunch of fucking GOTO statements you colossal fucking MIT faggot.
>>
Has he hired anybody to help him develop the game yet?
The amount of time he must spend on those videos and reading emails must mean he works an hour or less a day.
>>
>>376390916
When your game is plagued by performance issues it's time to stop implementing new features which will inevitably make it even worse, and refactor
>>
I just can't believe this guy is earning money while I'm not while my programming knowledge is so much greater than his!

The bitterness is so extremely palpable
>>
>>376391750
>>376391786

I agree I assure you, but the function for that section of code really isn't that major. It switches one detail.

Yes, strings are going to send more data around, but they're readable without commenta. I'd be more concerned if this was a more central part of the program, but it just selects the game over feedback.

It's not the most efficient thing in the world, but it works for what he's doing.
>>
>>376392574
I can criticize him without being jealous.
I'd HATE to be in his position.
The last thing I want is to be a public figure who works 12 hours a day doing something I'm very untalented at, especially when my work is going to be heavily scrutinized.
I like what I do much better.
>>
>>376391962
This is part of his 2600 line update method fro one script. It gets called each frame.
>>
>>376392910
No such thing as talent in programming, he will eventually hit a "wait my code runs like shit" wall and he'll learn to optimise

No, the code isn't up to standards, but it's also not worth having an autistic fit about like half the people in the thread appear to be doing
>>
>>376393143
go work on your game eva. you can shitpost when you finished it.
>>
>>376391962
string checks tend to exit early since they can check the first character, see they are different, and move on. If one string tends to match often, it's borked. But if you are doing string checks on events, then it's probably okay.
>>
>>376393143
>he will eventually hit a "wait my code runs like shit" wall and he'll learn to optimise

He hit that wall, but instead of fixing his code he used his e-fame to convince a has-been indie company to remake his game from scratch rather than bettering any of his own skills
>>
>>376393143
Premature optimisation is dumb, but at no point would any actual developer have that as their unoptimised code. I don't know his programming background, but if he ever had any sort of programming education, he clearly didn't learn squat.
>>
>>376393417
there is literally no excuse for not using enums in those situations and ditching strcmp altogether
>>
>>376393447
So this is a thread about how he's a shitty person? That's fair
I'm only here to argue that that code structuring isn't the end of the world
>>
>>376393417
What do you think runs better (a lot better)?
>if(whatever == "She's insane, bruh, and holdin' a knife!!!!")
or
>if(shesInsane == true && carryingWeapon == true)
This isn't lazy code, it's WTF were you trying to make it inefficient? code
>>
>>376393143
If the game runs like shit on my PC that can run games like Crysis and GTAV just fine on high settings you fucked up hard.
>>
>>376393658
You are very, very dumb
>>
>tinybuild have told him to make a kikestarter

Bets on how much he's going to ask for?
>>
>>376393851
How so? If an unfinished game runs a bit badly or stutters, whatever, but Yansim is practically unplayable. It's gonna need a complete rewrite to run decently at this point.
>>
>>376393884
Wait, what?
Isn't he already getting six figures from patreon?
Considering he's ONE GUY and REFUSE TO HIRE HELP, that seems extremely greedy
>>
>>376393632
If nothing else, string comparison should be avoided whenever possible. That's what makes my skin crawl when I look at this. Using string comparisons is like saying there are 10 valid cases and infinite invalid cases. Something as simple as not capitalizing a word and suddenly your code doesn't function. Enums are the way to go, but apparently Eva never learned about them or what they were for.
>>
>>376393637
String comparisons aren't usually a bottleneck unless you do at least thousands of them every tick.
Premature optimization is worse than loss of 1e-6% of performance.

The issue here is readability and maintainability, not performance.
>>
>>376393884
I could see 300k
>>
>>376392605
Its a symptom of a larger problem. If you can help it your class files in Unity should never get above 500 lines if you're designing with components/scriptableobjects correctly.

t. 3 year gamedev currnently revising everything.
>>
>>376394038
It would take a handful of regexes to turn this O(n) every tick if statement salad to O(1) every tick hashmap code.
>>
>>376394028
No silly, TinyBuild are telling him to make one so they can continue working on his game after an undisclosed amount of time.

It lines up perfectly, everyone who gets mad and calls him a kike are just going to be told "I can't help it, my hands are tied, this is part of the deal with TinyBuild and there's no avoiding it.

>>376394049
For some reason I can't see him putting it lower than $500k.
>>
>>376394038
String comparisons are readable but their maintainability are through the floor, especially if you're resorting to literally saying "And" in the string. It's a bad, bad habit and should be broken immediately.
>>
>>376393632
>>376393973
Its not going to be a performance issue (that would be exceptionally bad)

Its more code maintainability and flexibility. Going back into code (even commented, which he hopefully does) that you wrote 3-6-12 months ago to revise and make space for new features/remove old features is a fucking pain.

Its shitty for morale too, you end up feeling like you're treading around eggshells.
>>
>>376394264
Sure there are better methods, but yandev is self-taught and doesn't seem all that bright (except for manipulating his minions to pay money for his scam) so it's unlikely that he'd get regexes.
Also, unless he has a gorillion of those cases, writing a regex for them would most likely take more time than just cut+paste.

And finally, even a switch would do the job. C# compiles big switches to dictionaries, which as far as I recall are red-black trees.
>>
>>376387361
Fucker can't even get his game to have the basic things in the past few years, and suddenly he talks about implementing shit from the newest Hitman, and Persona. This is just to keep his fans excited.
>>
What's the way to get into programming without getting called out like in OP?
>>
Yandev taught me that if I'm making an indie game to spend sixteen hours a week editing promotional videos.
>>
>>376395431
www.learncs.org/

And also learn what an Enum is.
>>
>>376385314
>uses shitman 2016 version as an example
kys eva.
>>
>>376395431
Use a dictionary, use a switch, or >>376395475
Just don't use string comparisons. That shit makes complexity jump from O(1) to O(n) with zero advantage.
>>
>>376395431
Best way would be some sort of group project with people who are better than you at it.
For example, an open source game that accepts contributions on git.

You'd still be criticized, but directly to your face, with tips on what to improve and how to do it.
>>
>>376395608
The issue with string comparisons is not performance. That's the freshman year answer. The real reason is that they introduce a zillion bugs handling every permutation.
>>
>>376395431
If you get called out for shit programming, that just means there's something to be learned. Don't fret it too much.
>>
>>376395709
If YanDev let other people write code for him he'd lose the last bit of legitimacy he has as a game dev.
He already takes his assets frm the store, so code is all he has left.
>>
>>376385314
Out of curiosity, what would be a better way of writing this code? All I can think of is a switch statement
>>
All these years and he's still piling on more crap instead of actually working on any of the existing game mechanics. He's coming up with new ideas faster than he can implement them.
>>
>>376395853
>switch
>dictionary/hashmap of delegates
>dictionary/hashmap of structures describing results (most readable option)
>same as one of the above but with enums in place of strings in comparisons
>>
>>376395849
I don't think his asslickers care about legitimacy.
He could probably get someone to write his shit for free and then sell it as his.
>>
>>376385314

All I care about is that the bitch that narrates says "yandere" wrong.
>>
>>376396223
That's the dev.
He doesn't even know how to pronounce the meme title of his meme game.
>>
File: 1469379576606.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1469379576606.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
QUALITY
>>
>>376397539
how many times do you think yanderedev has jerked off to this?
>>
File: special needs akko.jpg (53KB, 259x293px) Image search: [Google]
special needs akko.jpg
53KB, 259x293px
>>376396113
If they didn't give a fuck when it was revealed that he didn't even create the main character (or pretty much any assets for that matter) then they won't give a fuck no matter what happens.
>>
>>376397539
The ending top kek
>>
>>376397539
>That fountain of neck blood after at the end

I could already hear the muffled screams Let the Bodies Hit the Floor from that fucking edge.
>>
>>376397539
all the animations need serious work
>>
>/v/ comes up with a game idea
>dev makes game
why do you guys hate him again?
>>
File: 1339199082976.jpg (1MB, 4047x5000px)
1339199082976.jpg
1MB, 4047x5000px
>weekly thread of eva's faggot orbiters checking the /v/ temperature to see if we still hate him
>>
File: 2a5x5iw.png (317KB, 669x471px) Image search: [Google]
2a5x5iw.png
317KB, 669x471px
>>376385314
>He actually makes the tumblr landwhales pay 100 total bucks per stream to see his ugly ass face.
>THEY ACTUALLY DO IT.
THIS GUY, THIS FUCKING GUY. Jew king, he is the jew king.
>>
File: Lain memes.gif (43KB, 462x700px) Image search: [Google]
Lain memes.gif
43KB, 462x700px
>>376395431
Install gentoo
>>
>>376396223
He's said he does it on purpose now because he's said it like that for years.
>>
Does anyone have the screencap of when yanderedev was on /v/ talking about how he showed his fighting engine to the skullgirls dev, the skullgirls dev tore his engine apart explaining how everything he did was wrong and now he has a personal angsty vendetta against the skullgirls dev to try and beat him or some shit?
>>
>>376398227
that's clearly just an excuse
>>
>>376397539
>Oh my god! Is that a dead body?!
Did she died?
>>
>>376397539
Is she OK?
>>
>>376398068
He may be a faggot but have you defeated the Australian army? Didn't think so
>>
>>376399000
He didn't do it, his ancestors did.
>>
>>376398056
If you want /v/ to respect you, you have to be all about your work and much less about community appeal or any of that. /v/ mostly greatly respects the Dwarf Fortress dev because he just updates his game, this guy could have avoided most of his problems with "wanting to make a game these people will like" by doing more game making and less everything else he's done. I don't mean in a, "Shut up and do our bidding" kind of way but more like, "Hey guys it's me here's another update to this thing I'm working on, hope you like it" and if they don't like it he'll just keep making it anyways.
>>
>>376401502
The dwarf fortress guy is pretty based, yeah
>>
>>376385314
So he's basically just a youtuber now?
>>
>>376390248
And that's the difference. If you're working for a company, you already have code built-in and you're just adding more or modifying them. You also have co-workers and if you're new, their style of coding whether it is right or wrong will influence how you write your code. While most indie devs (mostly) have no one to influence them and any learned thing will be based off repetition/reading on books/online/etc/self-realization.

An analogy is learning a language. Indie devs are learning a language on their own while company devs have teachers, real life experience and immersion.

And spaghetti code in large companies are rampant. Prime example is Windows. As long as it works, it's fine. Your users wouldn't even know the code behind what they are using.
>>
>>376394028
He was hinting to making a kickstarter way before tinybuild came.
Shit was only inevitable.
>>
>>376402270
M8, after you've learned 2 or 3 languages learning a new language is trivial, unless it's something crazy like brainfuck
>>
>>376389651
How the fuck are you supposed to pronounce it then?

Yan-deer??
>>
>>376389651
This is a completely fucking retarded statement when you realize that you would say it exactly as they do if written language didn't exist.
You're being biased by romaji.
>>
File: b003_011_00.png (69KB, 374x442px) Image search: [Google]
b003_011_00.png
69KB, 374x442px
>>376385314
The way he plagiarizes features from P5 is fucking hilarious.
>Persona 5 has those nice animated speech bubbles that are pleasant to look at
>he makes his speech bubbles static garish hot pink squares that look fucking horrible in every way possible
Never change Eva.
>>
>>376404339
do you have a timecode or screenshot or something? I don't want to have to sift through the whole video
>>
File: 1.jpg (1MB, 1920x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
1MB, 1920x2160px
>>376404437
Got you senpai.
>>
File: 1409871771599.jpg (64KB, 500x502px) Image search: [Google]
1409871771599.jpg
64KB, 500x502px
>>376397539
>Oh my god! Is that a dead body?
>>
>>376404621
Is that seriously his attempt at mimicking persona's visual style?
>>
He spends most of his day watching twitch streams anyway.
>>
>>376389336
he needs to satisfy his autistic patreon sugar daddys
>>
File: Jew King.png (51KB, 311x321px) Image search: [Google]
Jew King.png
51KB, 311x321px
Friendly reminder that this asshole right here gets 5k a month for writing literally 2 lines of spaghetti code every day, stealing assets and streaming weeb games
>>
>>376405225
friendly reminder that this asshole right here will probably piss away all his money, won't get any new patreons and sometime in the future be homeless because he has no job nor education
>>
>>376397539
thanks doc
>>
Is it a bad idea if I learn programming and make a 3d game myself ? Reading these threads makes me curious how hard it is, since this guy has been working for like forever and I knew some 3d modelling and animations a bit.

Maybe make it similar to his game but you just murder zombies. HOTD style.
>>
>>376405327
It should already have happened though, as far as I know he's never accomplished any of his dates, always pushing back events and things like that. He in his 30s, lives with his parents, has the face of a jew slave and literally, unironically never had a gf. AND he makes 5k/month for doing nothing but play games, with the promise of delivering a fetish game with graphics of early PS2 titles. I burst my ass doing a game I love, a game I want others to play, and this human being right here pisses me off so much i swear I'd kill him if I had him righ in front of me
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (84KB, 1280x720px)
maxresdefault.jpg
84KB, 1280x720px
This whole video is both depressing and hilarious. He actually wants his shitty game to have the same level of polish and detail as Persona 5, a game that was in development by a huge group of professionals for 5 fucking years. Eva can't even make an Artifical Girl 3 tier game, but he wants to compete with Persona 5.
How fucking delusional can one person be?
>>
>>376405637
You don't even have to learn how to program, you just script in Unreal or Unity.
>>
>>376405637
Start with 2D first. 3D with no experience is asking for trouble, especially if you don't know how vectors work
>>
>>376405738
It's not that delusional, if he steals that 5 years of hard work and puts his fetish over top of it
>>
>>376405637
If you do it with Unreal, you dont have to know programming, you can do pretty much everything with blueprints, way easier
>>
>>376405758
scripting in unity is programming, anon

dragon drop blueprints in unreal aren't
>>
>>376405637
If you're serious about it: don't. Making a 3D action game is impossible for someone with no experience, just stick to 2D games for now. GameMaker Studio is a great place to start.
>>
>>376387361
Here's a way to improve YS, choose a fucking direction instead of just milking patreon forever.
>>
File: 1492633516465.jpg (735KB, 900x1493px)
1492633516465.jpg
735KB, 900x1493px
Reminder: If you cannot program in C, Lisp, and PROLOG, you might as well just be a web developer.
>>
>>376405829
Learning to script isn't the same as learning a programming language.
>>
>>376389336
He's doing the Star Commander method of development. Just throw out ideas that you would like to implement and the audience will pick out the ones that they like and fill their heads with dreams and stardust about how good that game would be if it existed. Then they'll just pay whatever on the off chance you'll deliver.
>>
>>376405905
C# is a programming language
Unity uses the C# programming language
You write C# classes in unity. It's programming.
>>
>>376405885
>web developer
is that like an e-celeb? perfectly fine and equal to the "real" thing, but you get to be a smug shit about it?
>>
File: 1485849111559.jpg (20KB, 512x523px) Image search: [Google]
1485849111559.jpg
20KB, 512x523px
>>376397539
>she just lays there, doesn't even go for a slap or something
>"oh my god, is that a dead body"
>>
>>376405829

Honestly, no matter what method you use, it's programming.

It's not coding from scratch, but in the end using unreal blueprints isn't much different from typing in the commands.
>>
>>376405794
But he can't even steal those ideas properly. His game looks like a literal joke when compared side to side with Persona 5.
>>
>giving money to EvaXEphon
>giving EvaXEphon attention
>>
>>376406000

It's called shock, trip-kun.

If someone grabs you by the shoulder and suddenly shoves a knife in your neck before you even know what's going on, you're not going to be doing much either.
>>
>>376405885
C,C++,C#,java,lua, rust, python, action script, basic, pascal...
All the same algol clone shit.
Now lisp is a different shit.
>>
File: chrome_2017-05-09_08-52-54.png (733KB, 1220x596px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-05-09_08-52-54.png
733KB, 1220x596px
>>376405225
>Daily 4+ hour streams of Persona 5.
He sure is doing his best to get his game out as soon as possible.
>>
File: 1353361496128.png (503KB, 934x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1353361496128.png
503KB, 934x1000px
>>376405995
No, you're worse than the real thing but you're still smug about it.
>>
>>376406159
But playing persona 5 counts as research, anon
>>
>>376406081
I'm not an expert on getting stabbed so I'll just take your word for it. I still think it could have done without that ragdoll bounce at the end though.
>>
Finally downloaded this and tried it out.

It's a really neat concept, and I'd love a full version.

But this guy doesn't even have an end-state for the end of the week. It's not that hard to make a simple "if rival == notInSchool then succeed" and just have it load another week. It can be endless for all I care, just make it so murder weapons don't respawn and you have to wash your uniform instead of burn it. It's really not that hard.
>>
>>376406159
His patreon pays him to stream games
>>
File: 1421061651563.png (449KB, 1200x1089px) Image search: [Google]
1421061651563.png
449KB, 1200x1089px
>>376389651
>>
>>376390068
>my code executes shortly before the sun goes out
>Works for me
Now i see why it's better to hire literal monkeys in India than american programmers.
>>
>>376385314
The core concept for this game is pure trash.
>>
>>376405637
>since this guy has been working for like forever
That's because he's an indecisive idiot. He constantly piles features on top of features without ever making any actual progress. Don't be like him, write a detailed design document before making anything, and if you have any good ideas - save them for the sequel.
>>
>>376406502

It loads just fine. It's not even a 10 kilobytes worth of data running through that object.
>>
>>376390916
hhehehe, funny you should say that.
here's a script that's supposed to execute for every NPC 60 times per second at least.
https://pastebin.com/cu9gDj5Z
>>
>>376389651
It doesn't make sense to use Japanese pronunciation when you're speaking english
actually it makes complete sense, especially when the word isn't an old loan word that got an anglicized pronunciation and spelling
>>
>>376406592
>https://pastebin.com/cu9gDj5Z

I take back everything.

Holy fuck why
>>
>>376395602
Hitman 16 has some of the best mechanics hindered by bullshit like head turning with fuckhueg vision cones
>>
>>376388484

Not even. Fucker is saying something like yahndarei.

And to top it off he puts emphasis on the wrong syllable.
>>
>>376399000
How is that a feat? The Australian Army beat the Australian Army
>>
File: butwhatarebirds.gif (1002KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
butwhatarebirds.gif
1002KB, 250x251px
>>376406592
>Mike Z told EvaXephon he shouldn't have a code that runs every 60 seconds on his fighting game as it is stupid inefficient
>Eva then makes the same fucking mistake on his new game.
>>
>>376405327
Is patreon considered a "source of income" or "charity" by the IRS?
MissAlice18 was in for a surprise when IRS demanded its cut from her camwhoring, I'd love to see the same happen to evaxephon
>>
File: C76nzFlVwAExS46.jpg (147KB, 801x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C76nzFlVwAExS46.jpg
147KB, 801x1200px
>>376385314
It amazes me how by simply showing that you could make some parts of the game or code a little bit is enough for people to give you money/
I kinda can understand when it's a Chris fucking Roberts who has at least some kind of practical experience and an army of fanboys willing to pay for anything with his name on it, but literally who making literally a meme game? For fucks sake
>>
make your own game before shit talk him, m8s
>>
>>376406808
>Mike Z told EvaXephon he shouldn't have a code that runs every 60 seconds on his fighting game as it is stupid inefficient
How do you know what Mike told him specifically? All I know is Eva got super bitchy about what mike said and now hates him and wants to prove him wrong or something, I've never heard the specifics of what mike actually said besides "your engine's shit"
>>
How illegal would it be for me to boot up unreal engine, copy this monstrosity with unreal store assets, and beat him to release?

>>376406852

Patreon gives you tax forms to file. It's considered taxable income as long as you make more than $500.

You could always report him and see what happens.
>>
>>376385314
I don't get why this game was even popular in the first place. You weebs would buy anything with a cute anime schoolgirl.
>>
>>376406935
Not illegal at all
There's no copyright involved, you can't be sued for stealing a game eyedea
>>
>AutismoDev
>>
>>376406985

Please look forward to it.

I'm gonna make it all out of blueprints just for added "fuck you" as well.
>>
File: 1425311186855.jpg (171KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1425311186855.jpg
171KB, 1920x1080px
>>376397539
is that a dead body?!
>>
>>376406935
>copy this monstrosity with unreal store assets, and beat him to release?
Some Russian guy beat you to it; I think, but you can try to beat him or work with him
>>
>>376406882
>Direct a movie before you can criticize films

>>376406915
I was about to link you to the pastebin but it was expired. Essentially Mike Z. pointed out how his code had an void update() running for each character every frame instead of a void state() which would be referred to only when an external source would alter the character (pressing down to make the character crouch). void update () means even when the character was standing still he would be wasting pointless ram whereas using void state () would cut a LOT of processing power.
>>
How are people still supporting this guy?

are Redditors really this gullible
>>
>>376407317
tumblrites too
>>
File: 1493294941989.png (242KB, 416x606px) Image search: [Google]
1493294941989.png
242KB, 416x606px
>>376385314
The problem with this faggot is how amazingly uncreative and arrogant he is. It's fine to take those ideas but at least give them your own spin. He has a fuckton of resources but instead of using them to create something small but unique and interesting he wastes all of his time trying to make a AAA Persona/Hitman/whatever else successor that will change the gaming industry for good. Instead of taking lessons from people like Toby Fox Eva spends his development time fantasizing about things he will never achieve.
Like, in this video he has shown us a great original MC model that someone made for him AND HE DISCARDED IT even though it looks exactly like something he wanted. He's a moron.
>>
>>376406882
https://pastebin.com/6nuy6hfu
Works on anything that can compile and execute it.
>>
>>376406592
>was gonna go through all of it
>suddenly noticed the scrollbar

Jesus Tittyfucking Christ

Still, it's not THAT bad if each conditional is mutually exclusive so not all that shit will be executed at once, though then he should return at the end of each conditional. But seriously, there ought to be a more organized way to do all that shit.

Also has nobody told him you can just add .0 to the end of a number to make it a float?
>>
>>376393143
Hello eva, how is mike's cock going?
>>
>>376407317
>people
men. men are stupid. they throw money at webcam girls for doing nothing but sitting there. of course they'll throw even more money at a horrible shitstain that doesn't even properly show their fetish.
>>
>>376406808
Autism never changes.
>>
File: 1454596177227.png (118KB, 694x732px) Image search: [Google]
1454596177227.png
118KB, 694x732px
>>376406592
>those variable names
>>
>>376405737
calm down, anon. channel your anger into motivation
>>
File: 1475396898942.jpg (38KB, 362x346px) Image search: [Google]
1475396898942.jpg
38KB, 362x346px
>>376407648
I don't get that pic.
>>
>>376407338
But dude those unity assets are iconic now lmao.

Really though, the lazy fuck expects people to make the game for him for free (or worse, PAY HIM via patreon for the privilege of giving it to him). I think he's already gotten in trouble for using fanart as concept without permission.
>>
>>376407410
Don't you have to seed the number generator?
>>
>>376407763
Basically he can do the float xxx shit much better without needing to do it the retard way.
>>
>>376407763
That's why the cartoon man has the diploma and not you, you dumb cunt.
>>
how 1 (one) guy can trigger /v/ so much
nigga do yourself a solid, walk away, just ignore his game threads and walk away
>>
>>376406808
>efficiency
>fighting games
fighting games might be the least demanding realtime game out there, you could probably code one in PHP and it'd still run at 60 FPS
>>
>>376407763
sweetie the smart anons are talking kk?
>>
I dont understand why knock off Peewee's game has huge demographic of underage girls
>>
>>376390589
>>376390659
>>376387623
>Optics
I saw you saying this shit in another thread, what the fuck is this new Internet kiddie term because you're clearly not talking about what I think you're talking about.
>>
>>376390067
i just pronounce it bone jower nigga
>>
>>376408065
>I saw you saying this shit in another thread
Whoever that was wasn't me

"Optics" is a term in a public relations context to refer to how people perceive what you're saying/doing - note that it doesn't refer to literally what you do, but what people think of what you do. Something with poor optics makes you look bad regardless of the action is objectively negative or not
>>
>>376385314
I like the idea of yandere sim but holy shit this development is a trainwreck. There seems to be no real plan or schedule here. The kids who like it as a meme because of Pewdiepie won't care when this is finally out.
>>
>>376385314
>https://pastebin.com/cu9gDj5Z
How do I not end up like this fruitloop?
>>
>>376407501
Its kids and girls. He's done polls.
>>
>>376407901
What is he even supposed to be trying to do?
>>
>>376390041

No one from the actual Aggydaggy community (no one goes the thread other than to introduce and unaware of the external community) talked about this guy today.

Besides there's a few devs from AGDG who have released a game, infact, ROR2 just got announced.

Get tae fuck you sour fuck.
>>
this fuck just wanted to play persona 5 instead of developing his game
you all falls for his bait
>>
>>376408165
why are people on 4chan using marketing department jargon?
>>
>>376407981
>smart
then what does it mean?
>>
>>376408240
He's initializing variables to hold the numbers to be averaged. He's just doing it in an incredibly stupid way and his naming convention is unbelievably bad, the rest of the program (searching for "new averaging system" will bring it up) is arguably even worse with massive swathes of copypasted code instead of simple for loops.
>>
>>376408414
he's declaring variables with the name "x", "xx", "xxx", "xxxx" etc. These names are horrible because they say nothing about what that variable actually is. There are proper ways to do averaging systems that don't require independently declared variables so his whole code is stupid and shit and wrong
>>
>>376408317
because we're having an intelligent discussion
>>
>>376385314
i think this guy actually is autistic tho so it's sad :(
>>
>>376385314
first thing my teacher said in programming class is to never copy/paste so much stuff
>>
>>376407845
Ye, that's the 1st version, but if you play it only once then play it on a different computer it'll work tii (^:
>>
File: 1447593634225.jpg (21KB, 500x298px) Image search: [Google]
1447593634225.jpg
21KB, 500x298px
>>376406592
>over 2.5k lines
>one function
>giant nested if/else tree
>hardcoded controls
>if/else tree on multiple variables that should be a switch on one enum
>almost no local variables, all in fields
>local variable names less informative than their types
>behaviors hardcoded by animation time
>that monstrosity starting at line 1627
>this.Interaction == integer here
>more copypasted code than non-copypasted code
>>
>>376402690

Yes, learning new languages becomes easy, but you still have to pick up the coding conventions of different languages. You shouldn't write Python as Java, and vice versa. This is where working at a company helps you to learn how to code in a certain language.
>>
>>376406592
Holy fuck
Thread posts: 235
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.