[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whelp, I've played Final Fantasy 1, 2, and 3 over the past

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: FF4_Logo.png (31KB, 475x454px) Image search: [Google]
FF4_Logo.png
31KB, 475x454px
Whelp, I've played Final Fantasy 1, 2, and 3 over the past 2 years. And it's time for me to start 4. So I'm here asking, like every time before, what is the best version of Final Fantasy 4? Also tips, knowledge, anything you want to tell me before I start this game?

I played FF1 and 2 on PS1 and 3 on the SNES.
>>
>>376380614
PSP version is objectively the best
>>
For your first playthrough, go PSP.
>>
DS/PC is definitely worth a playthrough, too, as the entire engine is re-done and the game is much harder.
>>
>>376380614
Super Famicom if you read Japanese. European GBA if not.
>>
>>376381385
Played 3 on the Famicon, I really didn't like it as much as PS1 FF1+2.

>>376380756
>>376380831
2 votes for the PSP version. That easy to emulate?
>>
>>376380614
I prefer the DS version. Its a love it/hate it kind of thing.
>>
>>376382317
Steam version is the best one, or the DS one which was ported to Steam

More challenging and the augment system keeps things fresh
>>
>>376380614

If you can read Japanese:

SFC Hard type.

If you can't, well shit, you're going to have to compromise somewhere.

SNES - Don't play this version. Based on the easytype version and has a lot of shit cut out and censored.

J2E fan translation - This is one of the worst fan translations I've ever seen. It's a mix of highly inexperienced people making mistranslations and others just changing shit to try to be funny. Avoid at all costs.

PSX - Basically identical to the SFC hard type. Shitty translation. Not J2E level, but it gets pretty close at times.

GBA - Similar to the PSX version, though it's got a bad ATB glitch. English script is based on the PSX script, but touched up a bit.

PSP - Up to you if you can stand the look or not. Gameplay wise it's fine. Script is based on English GBA version, but further touched up slightly.

DS and all versions based on it - The best English localization of the game to date (though overly flowery. Tom Slattery loves flowery language). Completely different gameplay though. Overall it's good though.
>>
>>376380614
Play the DS/PC version. It has a proper fucking translation and the gameplay is redone and not piss easy.
>>
DS version on eshop?
>>
The PC version on steam
>>
>>376382317
PPSSPP is easy to use and runs PSP games better than the PSP does.
>>
Honestly I've been worried about playing the 3d remakes of these games. I'm worried theyre not authentic if that makes sense.
>>
>>376384134
FF3 DS is basically a reimagining, FF4 is the same game but in 3D only with a different visual style
>>
>>376384358
What about gameplay differences? Just googled images of the ds and psp versions and just on those, the psp looks more appealing.
>>
The DS version has 3d graphics and is super hard. The PSP one has nice modernized pixel art, plus the after years if you care about that. (It is basically a re-tread of the originals plot, desu.) Pick your poison.
>>
>>376384583
I dont know why my post got desu added to it, cause i didnt type that. but, whatever.
>>
>>376384446
FF4 is ATB in all versions, only the original FF4 doesn't show the ATB bar but the remakes do. FF3 is strictly turn based with a job system.
>>
>>376384358

>FF4 is the same game but in 3D only with a different visual style

And a new gameplay mechanic which allows characters to learn each others' abilities which drastically changes the game.
>>
>>376380614
Play the DS version - best presentation and best difficulty.
>>
Play PSP to eventually play as Theodore
>>
>>376384446
DS/STEAM version has.much more difficult enemy AI. It's presentation is comparable to FFVII/VIII/IX.
>>
>>376384583
Wait the DS port is harder? I remember playing it when I was a kid and got assraped by nearly every boss. I think I grinded a shitton just so I could beat the second boss.
>>
>>376385106

Yeah, the DS/Mobile/PC version is the hardest version of FF IV.
>>
I personally prefer the GBA version. There is a bonus dungeon and you can edit your party at the end.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.