[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does this make the FAR mod malware? http://www.dsogaming.co

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: NieR-Automata-wallpaper-672x372.jpg (48KB, 672x372px) Image search: [Google]
NieR-Automata-wallpaper-672x372.jpg
48KB, 672x372px
Does this make the FAR mod malware?

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/kaldaiens-far-mod-for-nier-automata-detects-and-locks-pirates-out-of-playing/
>>
>>376368060
>Kaldaien’s FAR mod for NieR: Automata detects and locks pirates out of playing
>I'm playing with it right now on my pirated version
really making my neurons fire up
>>
>>376368301
I'm assuming you're not using the autoupdater, then
>>
>>376368439
Literally on 0.5.6.9, which is the latest version. But even then it doesn't matter because he made his shit open source so people can "crack" it easy.
>>
If they cracked denuvo what makes them think that they won't just crack the mod?
>>
>>376369493
>"This is nothing new. This modder is infamous for his other trick in his mods. Basically he has a "blacklist" he keeps in his mods. If he gets in a fight with a person because that said person disagrees with him about something, he will put that persons Steam ID into his "blacklist" that's inside his code in the mod. If the said person tries to use his mod, the game will simply refuse to run and will crash on startup. He even admits this, go google it.
Long story short, don't trust this a**hole. Straight up Denuvo shill and a butthurt idiot who cant accept opinion that's different than his. Don't download his mods, even if you are a legit user."
>>
The creator of FAR is the most obnoxious stuck-up faggot I've seen in a while.
>>
>>376369709
This im just looking at the discussion of the mod and he seems like a massive cunt.
People will find a way to use the mod with their pirated copy soon anyway
>>
File: 1493956754089.jpg (139KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1493956754089.jpg
139KB, 1920x1080px
>he actually thinks square is going to C&D him if he removed the anti piracy from his mod
>>
>>376370982
I don't know, that sounds like something Squenix would do.
>>
>>376371012
The only time I have ever heard a mod get a C&D was the one time dsfix got one. Even then Bandai changed their mind and now it's stickied on the front page of the steam discussion page.
Square also doesn't pay attention to the steam forums
>>
>>376371127
Wasn't even Bandai, it was a third party.
>>
>>376368060
>Haha, this may act entirely like malware and go well beyond its scope as a mod for a videogame, but whatever, le salute you!

What a cancerous site. Creating literal malware because you disagree with a person's choices is indefensible. I'd never, ever download anything from a programmer who acts in such a childish and outright malicious way. Just make your mod not function if you don't want it running on pirated copies. Outright preventing something from launching on a person's computer is fucked up.
>>
Eat shit piratefags. That's what you get for pirate Taro's game.
>>
>>376371639
What was he expecting by putting it on PC?
>>
>>376368060
what a bunch of possibly literal cucks. What do they think they'll even get out of defending some company's copyright for them? Good goy points?
>>
>>376368635
This.

Dunno what the big deal is, it's like nu/v/ has never touched code in their lives.
It's why they're so dependent on others to produce cracks.
>>
>>376371708
He didn't know that PC players demand quality content for it to sell well.
>>
>>376368060
SEdrones ate the most cucked people on the planet. Not only do they dedicate 12 hours a day shilling SE games, but they also patch them and improve their DRM all for free.
>>
File: 1491735831555.gif (2MB, 380x285px) Image search: [Google]
1491735831555.gif
2MB, 380x285px
When even modders get sick of BRs.
>>
>>376372030
I'm sorry what are PC's most popular games again? Some shitty early access Arma mod? A Warcraft 3 mod?
>>
>>376369585
Could this be the biggest autist on the planet?
>>
Ahahahahaha
Piratecucks btfo
>>
What does the mod even do?
>>
>>376373714
Like dsfix but shitty
>>
>>376372140
Russians are far better at piracy than monkeys.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.