[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>giant mechanical robot walkers of death >never once use

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: 63576734645.jpg (88KB, 1024x590px) Image search: [Google]
63576734645.jpg
88KB, 1024x590px
>giant mechanical robot walkers of death
>never once use their legs in an attack to swipe or stab the player
>their only attack is a single shot laser thing that telegraphs its use 10 seconds in advance
Why?
>>
>>376367437
cos they stupid robots, also use shield
>>
>>376367437
>>their only attack is a single shot laser thing that telegraphs its use 10 seconds in advance
And don't forget the fact that it can be fucking deflected just by pressing A
some of this game's combat design has to be a fucking joke
>>
>>376367437
>>376367550
>that telegraphs its use 10 seconds in advance
Not always, they will shoot it with a far shooter cooldown and fire in bursts if provoked.
>>
>>376367605
which is why you just stand still until they aggro and press A when you see a blue flash like some kind of simon says bullshit
>>
>>376367437
If you're looking for interesting combat, you picked the wrong game.
>>
>>376367769
Yeah, but guardians are usually found in packs, there's only about 3 places in the game where you'll encounter 1 guardian on its own. Not saying you're wrong, though, as they could use another attack (especially for close-range combat), it's just not that big a deal since you'll almost certainly be facing more than 1 at once.
>>
Guardians are based on certain perceptions of Octoroks from Zelda 1.

"They looked huge (relative to Link) and I don't like how they move, it's unpredictable", that's what they were going for when they designed Guardians. A few melee attacks definitely would've been nice though.

>>376367550
>>376367769
Parrying takes timing though, Simon Says would be Skyward Sword where enemies tell you where to swing with an extremely generous window before they do anything
>>
>>376368265
>Yeah, but guardians are usually found in packs,
No they're not
>>
>>376368386
Is there there a game maker more filthy casual than Eiji Aonuma?
>>
>>376368410
Yes they are, they're all over Hyrule Field and Hyrule Castle is absolutely infested with them.
>>
>>376368575
Not him but I still wouldn't say they come in packs, packs implies 2+ could be on your ass just from one seeing you but the ones in Hyrule Field are too spread out for that and the Castle ones are all stationary
>>
>>376367437
Because the good guys built 'em.

Good guys never build the good stuff.
>>
>>376368785
I dunno, I tend to attract 2 more whenever I fight one near Hyrule Castle.
>>376368785
>the Castle ones are all stationary
No, there's flying ones and I remember 1
>>
File: C8nMILOWAAAGcJ3.jpg (175KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C8nMILOWAAAGcJ3.jpg
175KB, 1200x675px
>>376367437
they're just silly robots
>>
>>376368976
>I remember 1 legged one somewhere
fix'd. I hit post by mistake.
>>
File: C8nMOXDXoAMIaoJ.jpg (119KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C8nMOXDXoAMIaoJ.jpg
119KB, 1200x675px
>>376369042
>>
>>376369042
>>376369116
leave that robot alone :(
>>
>>376367437
To be fair. The legs are fragile and they're super fucked when their legs break.

Really. Why would you assume that they'd attack with their legs?
Perhaps they should have been given some shockwave attack or something similar to what some of the guardians in the shrines do using rotating lasers and stuff. But I have no issue with them not using their legs.
>>
>>376369116
REKT
>>
>>376367437
God this game looks fucking ass. Literally three generations behind, considering the switch is 9th.
>>
I'd have liked the big Guardian fights to have more variety or depth, since they were practically the first thing revealed about the game. They're basically either:
>stun with an arrow and smack it repeatedly with the sword
>stand around and deflect a laser three times
>cheese it with an Ancient Arrow
Compared with Lynels and mini-Guardians, they're really dull fights. A spinning-top charge attack or another ranged attack like homing missiles would make them a little more interesting.
>>
>>376368410
Yes they are. There's a few lost ones scattered around, but around the castle, hyrule field, akkala citadel, lost temple, and Tabantha road they come in groups. Ancient arrows become worth their coin.
>>
>>376371587
they never attack you at the same time unless you moronically run through the ones in front of castle town on a horse or something
>>
>>376369974
While I am not holding my breath for it. Hopefully the hard mode comes with a revision for guardians too. Since everything else will be ranking up.
But since Guardians never ranked up normally, I fear that they might.

But even if the Guardians don't rank up. I wouldn't be surprised if the Hard Mode was to come with some new Guardian model in some places of the world.
>>
>>376372219
nigga they can spot you from miles away
>>
The game is setup where enemies scale with the number of beasts completed. Guardians are early game mobs so they're meant to be killable from the start too. Other enemies scale especially the 4 kinds of lynels.
>>
>>376372219
Try leaving the central tower without being targeted by multiple guardians. Or sneak into the forgotten temple and count how many beams light your ass up. More than once while clearing that temple you will need to use two hands to count.
>>
>>376373135
Why would you clear the temple? Just glide through the whole thing you won't get hit.
>>
>>376367437
>have devistatingly strong long range laser beam with no ammo limitation
>NAH LETS SWING AT HIM WITH THESE FRAIL INTRICATE MECHANICAL LEGS

might as well pull its eye out and swing that at you too
>>
>>376373135
You can manipulate the terrain so that only one targets you.
>>
>>376367437
and yet it's still more threatening than the overwhelming majority of foes in the Zelda series
>>
>>376367437
Why would it try to swing those flimsy things at you?
>>
>>376368976
>I dunno, I tend to attract 2 more whenever I fight one near Hyrule Castle.
Then you're shit a spatial awareness, you have entire fields to fight one of the guardians around hyrule before you'll aggro two at a time .
>>
>>376373563
>Walk around it chopping off its legs
>It recoils everytime before it can get a laser off
Whoever designed these were fucking idiots. Probably dumb enough to put their souls in unnecessary shrines that may never go visited.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.