[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Games you love, that everyone else thinks is mediocre/7/10

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 15

File: thegodfatherthegame_xbox360box.jpg (169KB, 629x909px) Image search: [Google]
thegodfatherthegame_xbox360box.jpg
169KB, 629x909px
I fucking love this game. I've always loved the first 2 films since I was a kid, and when this came out it quickly became one of if not my favorite game. Scarface: The World Is Yours is another great GTA clone that I really like.
>>
Godfather The Game is a better Mafia game than any game in the Mafia series.
>>
>>376360749
it's definitely a 7/10. I cant think of a more fitting rating t b h.
>>
>>376361057
I know, but I still love it regardless.

Now post a game you love that everyone else thinks is medicore.
>>
File: Dark_Souls_II_cover.jpg (56KB, 256x369px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_II_cover.jpg
56KB, 256x369px
>>376361172
>>
>>376360749
The game is decent and fun, but EA's business of making each version of the game different from one another is just bullshit.
>>
File: The_Terminator-_Dawn_of_Fate.jpg (47KB, 350x500px) Image search: [Google]
The_Terminator-_Dawn_of_Fate.jpg
47KB, 350x500px
Movie tie-ins are rarely good but I really enjoyed this one Terminator game, it was a prequel to 1984's The Terminator that showed the events of Kyle Reese before he went back in time in the future war. This game got the future war way better than Salvation.
>>
File: image.jpg (140KB, 600x531px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
140KB, 600x531px
>>376360749
I liked that game too. Had it on the Wii, remember one of the driving missions being über hard.

Pic related could stand for any game in the series really, but 2 is my favourite.
>>
>>376362143
It was the driving mission after the diner scene where you have to escape with Michael to the docks right?

That's definitely the hardest mission in the game imo.

I'm doing a no level up run right now. The game isn't that much harder desu.
>>
>>376362416
That sounds right. I was thinking I should play it again someday, since the sequel was pretty meh.

The driving mission is one of two missions that stick out in my mind for being very hard. The other was a fatal 4 way cage match in Day of Reckoning 2 I think.
>>
I really loved the sequel. I wish it had been longer. Shaking down rackets and the combat was the best.
>>
>>376361757
When has this EVER ended up being a wise idea?
>>
Star wars Bounty Hunter
>>
File: Sonic%20Riders[1].jpg (2MB, 3256x2157px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic%20Riders[1].jpg
2MB, 3256x2157px
>>376360749
Movement felt great and responsive and rewarded fast play.
Then Zero G came out and ruined the formula.
>>
>>376360945
Only the mechanics really, the story is stupid fanfiction dogshit and the whole game is copy-pasted environments. Mafia actually has a good story and voice acting, but with boring as fuck gameplay that doesn't really build on itself.
>>
>>376363746
I'd rather play a game with good gameplay and shit story, than a game with bad gameplay and good story.

You might as well be watching a movie or reading a book at that point.
>>
File: 1456851732497.jpg (77KB, 563x491px) Image search: [Google]
1456851732497.jpg
77KB, 563x491px
Played hundreds if not thousands of games over 30 years and I still think Dead Rising 1 is one of the best games I've played
>>
File: Heavy_Rain_Cover_Art.jpg (14KB, 288x345px) Image search: [Google]
Heavy_Rain_Cover_Art.jpg
14KB, 288x345px
Absolutely love it. People call it a "movie game" but it's genuinely not, it's an atmospheric point-and-click adventure game and one of the few games that actually makes your choices matter and gives you a ton of them, many of them implicit. Like you're a depressed, divorced father and it's your turn to take care of your kid. You can feed him healthy food and stick to the little schedule tacked on the wall and give him medicine when he gets a cold and do his homework with him, or you can neglect him entirely and play basketball outside in the rain and then cry to old home videos of your other, dead kid while your surviving son eats potato chips alone on the couch until he falls asleep. There are no game over screens and the game adapts to your failures. If you're running away from the cops and they catch you, you actually go to jail. If you're tied up in a crazy guy's basement and don't manage to get your ropes off in time before he comes back, you die and the game moves on with the other three characters. You can fail to solve the mystery. Everyone can die. There are lots of permutations. Kind of a shitty twist, but it's still great.
>>
File: og_image.jpg (409KB, 1200x628px) Image search: [Google]
og_image.jpg
409KB, 1200x628px
Pretty much any game made by Spiders or Cyanide, really
>>
>>376363746
>tfw the voice actor from Mafia 2 who played Leo went to my old church
>tfw hearing that sweet old man yelling "cock sucker" and getting Joey killed
>>
>>376365820
Is this much better than War Logs? I thought War Logs was enjoyable but the awful VOs and abrupt ending held it back.
>>
>>376366847
Voice acting was fine but I have a pretty high tolerance for that stuff so take that with a grain assault
Story doesn't end abrupty but it's still a Spiders game so don't expect Planet Escape Tournament levels of writing.
Definitely worth it for the gameplay if you liked M:WL imo but I am hugely biased for this company. You should also try Bound by Flame
>>
File: billy.jpg (149KB, 637x559px) Image search: [Google]
billy.jpg
149KB, 637x559px
>>376360749
>slapping the fat guy across the face before the execution mission
>>
Godzilla unleashed.
It's floaty, it's buggy, it has wii waggle controls, the graphics are kinda bad, and the story is dumb. But I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.
>>
>>376367180
>grain assault

I'll check it out when it gets a bit cheaper. Something about not-quite-indie not-quite-AAA RPGs has a lot of charm. I actually have Bound By Flame but I didn't get very far.
>>
>>376368876
>not-quite-indie not-quite-AAA
That's just called AA anon, and there's shitloads of those games still around with pretty much the same budgets and sales figures as they ever had.
I know that sounded like a non-sequitur but I just hate everyone on /v/ thinking the only games that exist are indie pixelshit or AAA open world bullshit with a giant marketing budget
>>
>>376369039
I get what you mean, I almost said AA but that sounded dumb and I couldn't think of another word for it. Have you tried Kingdoms of Amalur? Pretty similar to Spyder games, only real issue in my mind is there's almost too much content.
>>
>>376369421
I fucking hated KoA and you comparing it to Spider games hurt me deeply
>too much content indeed, really feels like the MMO it was supposed to be
>every dungeon is the fucking same
>every class and weapon is the same in combat, you just use slightly different key presses to spam the same combo over and over
>overleveled all game, making the boring combat even easier
>cliche story and setting
>>
>>376361968
Sounds rad
>>
>>376363025
THIS
>>
>>376369627
Really? I agree the combat got old but I enjoyed all the worldbuilding. I will admit though that towards the end I skipped a lot of the side missions. I think if they had a little bit more time and trimmed some of the less interesting stuff it would have been much more favorably recieved.

Also one of the few games to have a fun pirate section which I'm a sucker for.
>>
File: Scarface.jpg (19KB, 500x390px) Image search: [Google]
Scarface.jpg
19KB, 500x390px
>>376360749
Fuck you chazzers
>>
File: 1489900689861.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1489900689861.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
I really liked metlalias game. I can see how people would just get bored of the grinding though.
>>
>>376370429
Fucking hell why won't they release this for PS2 Classics? I loved that shit
>When you get beaten up by gangsters and they piss on you
>Minigame for making deposits at banks and drug deals
The nostalgia is real
>>
File: rmps3fob1.jpg (1MB, 1491x1734px) Image search: [Google]
rmps3fob1.jpg
1MB, 1491x1734px
thought is was an 8.9/10 in my book. never understood the hate for it.
>>
>>376370721
It's kind of really generic and one of those games you don't really pay much attention to. People also get off on saying "hyuk hyuk I forgot this game exist"
Ass was great though
>>
>>376365704
i liked it too, but i don't think it's great. it's a guilty pleasure type of thing.
>>
File: 1.jpg (258KB, 1131x707px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
258KB, 1131x707px
Best JRPG on the DS imo.
>>
File: Tony_Hawk's_Project_8_cover (2).jpg (81KB, 256x314px) Image search: [Google]
Tony_Hawk's_Project_8_cover (2).jpg
81KB, 256x314px
Truly the last great TH game. everything that was great about Underground and Pro Skater, but in a more 'open world' environment.
>>
>>376370721
more of a wasted potential. the world was interesting but they didn't really do anything with it.
>>
>>376360749
I love this game, the sequel too. They both have stuff to do in their worlds
>>
File: Starkiller.jpg (85KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Starkiller.jpg
85KB, 1680x1050px
The last great Star Wars game to me that made being a force user actually feel like a badass.

Also the books were good too.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.