[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prey 2017 debuts to lower numbers in the UK than Prey 2006 d

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 10

File: Et8Bg4D.png (108KB, 706x650px) Image search: [Google]
Et8Bg4D.png
108KB, 706x650px
Prey 2017 debuts to lower numbers in the UK than Prey 2006 despite being on an extra platform

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/861628372845297664

>inb4 bongs only play FIFA
>>
File: Clipboard01.jpg (127KB, 605x584px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.jpg
127KB, 605x584px
>>376357879
>>
They also play mario kart 8 deluxe
>>
People are getting sick and tired of being fucked over by hype. Even normans are getting wise.
>>
I dont even know what Prey is
>>
>>376357879
There was zero marketing and prey ip ain't shit to sell itself.
>>
>>376358129
This. I think the era of people getting hyped up for every little thing is long over.

I'm interested in seeing how Destiny 2 does.
>>
Which is the channel that's fucking plastered in ads for this? Is it syfy?
>>
>>376357879
>uk
my least favorite meme
>>
>>376357879
It's a shame too, the game is enjoyable. Im thinking bethesda wasn't confidant it would sell
>>
>>376358217
There was a ton of marketing, Bethesda tried a new strategy in paying off youtubers and twitch streamers. It didn't work.
>>
>>376357879

It's a 7/10 at best. Who could have predict that ?

It feels like the discount child of Deus Ex and Half Life.
>>
File: 4ea.jpg.gif (4MB, 426x213px) Image search: [Google]
4ea.jpg.gif
4MB, 426x213px
>>376358129
>Prey hype
>>
Maybe try not pissing off an existing fanbase by dicking around with brands.
>>
>>376357879
>>inb4 bongs only play FIFA
True. That said, this game had no marketing for a reason. It's a wonder Arkane still gets funded.
>>
>>376357879
shame because its better than shithonored 2
>>
>physical sales only

Gee, I wonder why
>>
I played a game called Prey some years back and it sucked shit.

Why would I ever care again?
>>
File: when you.jpg (34KB, 600x451px) Image search: [Google]
when you.jpg
34KB, 600x451px
>When you fuck over a developer to steal their IP and then make a completely different game but use the same name for popularity and it ends up doing worse than the original game
>>
>>376358417
>>376358329
>>
>>376357879
It looks like a good and fun game.

But I already have all the games I need and it's a single player story game. I'll wait for it to be on sale at Xmas for 20 bucks or less like I did with all the other bioshock/dishonored/etc titles.
>>
I still want first person space bounty hunting.
>>
>>376358329
>new strategy
Nigga, that's ancient. Every game you see topping streaming charts for the last 4 years or so? All paid.
>>
Is he complaining about not receiving a review copy?

What a shame that we won't be able to see how he plays the game.
>>
didnt even know it was out
weird how these companies can spend so much on advertising that does so littel
>>
>>376357879

Well yeah, they do. Have you seen the top selling games in Europe? It's fucking FIFA, CoD, BF, etc.
>>
So was this game originally something else but just had Prey stapled onto it?
>>
>>376357879
Haha twitter
Haha SG
>>
Serves em right for what they tried to do with Human Head and what they did with the IP.
>>376358501
No. Stop this nonsense. They didn't fuck over ANYONE to get the Prey IP. They bought that fair and square from Apogee/3DRealms years ago.

They screwed over HH over other reasons.
>>
>>376357879
>Arthur Gies
Trash

That being said, I don't know anything at all about the new Prey and I don't really care to know anything about it.
>>
>>376358625
Yes. It was called Austen.
>>
File: 124324835255.png (156KB, 500x325px) Image search: [Google]
124324835255.png
156KB, 500x325px
>>376357879
They didn't market it to Bongs whatsoever. We're not as into this Youtube/Twitch culture as you Burgers are and the ones that are only follow dudes like KSI who make FIFA videos and care about Ultimate Team.

Seriously, I'm not sure I've seen a single ad for Prey and I didn't know it even came out
>>
>>376358442
Who the fuck buys new console games digitally, especially in the UK with their currency and data caps?
The PC version is not doing hot either based on Steam player numbers.
IIRC the original Prey was tied to a digital distribution service called Triton, hence its eventual status as a Steamworks game.
>>
File: file.png (41KB, 1160x593px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
41KB, 1160x593px
>>376357879
>Mu...muh job is the reason your sales are down

No, press copies are less important than general advertising, which Zenimax jewed out on and basically did nothing. Arthur is wrong and a faggot. Although he's not wrong by much.
>>
>>376358442
You'd have a point if this game was PC exclusive but it isn't, games on consoles still sell mostly through physical copies
>>
>>376357879
>check steam
>2nd best seller after PUBG

I think it will do pretty good.
>>
File: arthur gies BTFO.jpg (308KB, 557x966px) Image search: [Google]
arthur gies BTFO.jpg
308KB, 557x966px
>>376357879
Gies is an enormous faggot, and Bethesda/Arkane not doing much advertising at all was more harmful than oiling up """journalist""" boipussies with review copies. I had no idea the game was coming out last week until the Sunday before.
>>
File: prey2jpg-f55458_1280w.jpg (204KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
prey2jpg-f55458_1280w.jpg
204KB, 1280x720px
>>376357879
Maybe they could have made a good game instead
>>
>>376358770
Pathetic. Hope Zenimax finally goes for the aggressive takeover after this and I'll never have to hear another faggot smearing TLG's name.
>>
>>376358770
What the fugg, how could they possibly be so close, especially after launch?
>>
>>376357879
I didn't know they remade prey.
Why would they do that?
>>
>>376357879

Why did you make the same thread again?

>>376358129

Prey wasn't hyped up at all. It had an absolutely pitiful advertising campaign, and reusing the name only wound up making things confusing for anyone interested in it.
>>
>>376358501
Sounding a little bit EA there.
>>
>>376358647

Why does Arkane Studios deserve this?
>>
>>376357879
Tbh I didn't even know the game existed until I saw a friend of mine playing it on Steam
>>
>>376358458
Because this game has nothing to do with the first one.
>>
the publisher probably did some testing, thought it was a dud, and is trying to cut their losses by not spending on the advertising
>>
>>376359007

They did make a good game though. It just wasn't the good game some people wanted (including myself).
>>
>>376359007
I wanted another open world shtifest with randomly generated Bethesda fetch quests too. Fuck this immersive simulation bullshit.

Just like Eidos Montreal said, it's not 1998 anymore.
>>
Not a fun game. Main enemies are a cool gimmick which gets tired fast, and having the main enemies be ones which move about erratically in a game with stamina management and limited ammo is not conducive to fun.
>>
>>376358501
Taking away a game from incompetent devs is not screwing them over.
Pop Quiz
How many devs who worked on Prey 2 still working as developers?
It is a big number
A big fat zero.
Actually it is three but the previous sounds cooler.
>>
>>376360083
git gud
>>
>>376360373
>Take it from incompetent devs to give to other incompetent devs who make a shit game that bombs
>>
>>376358129
What hype? People don't even know this game is. I didn't even know it was out. It's basically mirrors edge 2 again.
>>
>>376359330
>put no effort into performance (on any platform) in the sequel to your popular new IP
>make game in genre typically associated with PC but put your demo on every platform but PC while people are still wary from how shitty the port of your last game was
>console players don't care about the game and PC players are wary from the many red flags
This is yet another entry in the "doesn't appeal to anyone" series of games.
>>
>>376360507

Have you played it?

>>376360758

Dishonored 2 was, sadly, a huge piece of shit on launch. Not sure if they've worked out the kinks yet, haven't played it.

Apparently they only had the time and resources to create a demo for either consoles or PC, and opted to rely on Steam's refund policy to serve as an "unofficial demo". Pretty stupid, I know. It worked out for me at least, as the first two hours made me want to continue and in the end I'm glad I did, but playing the game for two hours really isn't a good replacement for a proper demo from a "get people to buy your game" perspective.

Those seem to all just be bad marketing decisions though. The game itself is good though, and is optimized great for PC (this time), so I have a hard time buying that they deserve failure.
>>
Prey is a very generic name.

Also the idea to use the name of an already existing IP can backfire, original Prey fanbase might not like how they're trying to erase the existence of the old game by not even putting a subtitle, while the title really doesn't say anything about what the game is about really. It just sounds generic.
>>
>>376357879
The game barely had any marketing. It was announced and released so quickly I didn't think it was coming for quite awhile.
>>
>>376358879
Hey, that's offensive. Don't lump boipussi with those douchebags
>>
>>376361530
>Not sure if they've worked out the kinks yet, haven't played it.
You should, anon. If you enjoyed the first game at all they made a ton of improvements. I didn't think they could top the level design of the first but there are several amazing ones for 2. I ran it with my 770 with most settings on high or medium and got 45-50+ FPS at all times. I don't know what you're running but that should give you an idea.

The game was a mess at launch, but unfortunately a lot of the bitching has to do with PC Master Race faggots who complain about anything that dips below 59 FPS on ultra and cunts who tried to run it on their laptop.
>>
I didn't even know this game was a thing until I saw some threads on /v/ ngl
>>
>>376360080
>I wanted another open world shtifest with randomly generated Bethesda fetch quests too
so prey 2017? lmao.
>>
>>376359330
Arkane is mostly innocent in this debacle. They're only guilty of making a bland game.
>>
Arkane Studios are the kings of polished mediocre games, prove me wrong.

Their games aren't inherently terrible or anything, but they do fail to stand out from other games, including past games. There's always a vanilla feeling to them, as if they're just overly safe and dull.
>>
I don't get it, if they didn't like HHS Prey so much why did they have to re-use the name for a completely different game? The least they could've done is keep the concept and try again.

I just don't get it at all when it comes to this game and Bethesda.
>>
>>376357879
What? I've seen shit about Prey EVERYWHERE recently. I'm actually going to pick it up because its apparently pretty decent.
>>
>>376362101
Nintendo. But yeah, they're up there too.
>>
>>376362146
They thought it's a cool name. That's literally it
>>
>>376362146
Bethesda did this so they didn't lose the name in copyright shit.

>>376362804
I don't know, I find it very generic, it tells you nothing about the game at all.
>>
>>376358024
Daniel Ahmad is a fucking retard. Most games release on a Tuesday, not Friday.
>>
I was kind of excited for Prey until I saw that is has that same ugly aesthetic as dishonored.
>>
>>376357879

But that's true, anon. That is the 20+ farmland or eurotruck simulators you see out there.
>>
>>376358024
expect the same in USA since the buying style is similar.unless it does extremely well on smaller markets this game is pretty much dead.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.