[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fallout 4 seems like a disgrace. People don't talk about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: fallout-4-glitch-1.jpg (104KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
fallout-4-glitch-1.jpg
104KB, 1680x1050px
Fallout 4 seems like a disgrace.

People don't talk about it much at all, and I am curious about the sales figures, as well as what bethesda said about it's failings.
>>
>>376354094
It's really weird how I think about FO4. I feel like I want to play it, then I play it and remember why I wasn't playing it.
>>
>>376354094

Just started playing it with mods and it's not too bad now.

At least it looks nice
>>
>>376355902
thats exactly how i feel

the visuals and art direction were supreme, on top of a very immersive environment.

everything else feels like shit, and the quests suck ass.
>>
Story blows
Factions suck
Mobs are uninspired
Sidequests are dull as dirt

but at least it looks decent.
Bethesda should just give this engine to Obsidian and let them make GOAT
>>
>>376355902
This.

I get out of Vault 111 and suddenly all will to play fades from my body, and I think it's dawned on me.

Vaults are literally the worst part of Fallout lore, they're a roleplaying dead end.
>>
>>376354094
It's the best selling Fallout game
I don't think they give a shit
>>
>>376354094
Then why don't you learn to use Google, retard. We all know it was a failure. Were you just looking for a pointless circlejerk about a forgotten game?
>>
>>376354094
I don''t think it failed at all. What we claim are failings were most likely intentional choices. The game lacks the replay value of past games but everyone still paid full price for it so it did its job. The casual players enjoyed it and moved on, they weren't aiming for cult classic status like New Vegas.
>>
I enjoyed the minecraft clone settlement building but it feels like we traded it in for Skills, dialogue options, storytelling, lore and gameplay.
Only thing that was a huge improvement for me were companions. They no longer felt like you had to babysit them all the time.
>>
>>376356485
Companions were definitely an upgrade from 3, but still way worse than in NV. The loyalty perk thing was just annoying, I felt like I was wasting time if I wasn't just grinding out perks and switching to companions I didn't even like. Which is to say, fuck Codsworth.
>>
I started replaying it for the first time since the time it got released, and I'm enjoying it way more than before. The actual main quest is meh as fuck, but I've only been fucking around the wasteland so far, and it's so fun to just explore and not give a fuck about the rest.

The worst thing about games like FO3 and FO4, in my opinion, is the built-in "goal" of the game. I fucking hate that my goal is to find Shaun and get revenge on Captain Crunch, what if I don't care about that shit? FONV is great because of how much of your own actually play the game precisely as you wish.

Want to kill Goodsprings? Fine. Want to fuck over both the NCR and the Legion? Go ahead. Then you have FO4. Want to kill the minutemen? LMAO kid no you can't, who else are gonna give you generic quests for all eternity then?

The game really feels like a solid 8/10, when you just play the exploration / side quest part of it all, as it allows for that exact freedom to choose, and shaping the outcome as you see fit. The factions don't really do that part well, especially since you can't go for a neutral or psychopath route, as in NV.

Otherwise, great game.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.