[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name the most overrated devs. I'll start with a few. >Bethesda

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: photo.jpg (2KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
2KB, 180x180px
Name the most overrated devs. I'll start with a few.
>Bethesda
>Capcom
>Activision
>Ubisoft

The fewI listed are too much like fast-food. The great taste masks the terrible ingredients that made it.
>>
>>376351661
Two (Technically all) of those listed are publishers with different departments and developers working for them. Can you be more specific?
>>
>implying someone here loves Activision or ubisoft

Also, >capcom, they are shit for solid 10 years. If you want overrated devs try Treasure
>>
>>376351661
>Capcom
>no EA or Blizzard

I'm not gonna defend Street Fighter but Dragon's Dogma and Monster Hunter are rad
>>
>>376351661
Valve Software.
>>
File: retard.jpg (20KB, 460x347px) Image search: [Google]
retard.jpg
20KB, 460x347px
>>376351661
>food analogy
>>
>>376351789
He means Bethesda Games Studios and Ubisoft Montreal I'm pretty sure.
>>
Obsidian
CDPR
Fromsoft

If you like any of the games from these trash companies hang yourself.
>>
>>376352145
Game developer companies are more like drug dealers.
>>
Rockstar. Games are usually solid on the surface but turn out incredibly shallow, at least until tons of DLC is tacked on top.

And the jewry is almost unparalleled.
>>
>>376351661
VALVE
>>
Platinum
>>
>>376351661
if we're going to make stupid analogies, why should games be about anything except taste
>>
>>376352598
I disagree. They don't make games anymore.
>>
>>376351789
I put Activision and the others before I thought about it but I generally mean their affiliates. Same with Capcom and ubisoft. I mean general Bethesda game studios though.
>>
>>376352676
Because I don't play for shiny graphics and repetitive gameplay. I play for a compelling story and open spectrum gameplay where you're not just doing the same shit.
>>
File: 1430294937437.jpg (36KB, 479x492px) Image search: [Google]
1430294937437.jpg
36KB, 479x492px
>>376353672
>I play for a compelling story and open spectrum gameplay
>>
>>376352676
And I honestly feel like it's just lazy to make a polished turd and call it done.
>>
File: SakuraSpirit.jpg (113KB, 730x411px) Image search: [Google]
SakuraSpirit.jpg
113KB, 730x411px
>>376353864
>I don't mean shit like this.
>>
>>376352550
True, but Max Payne 3 seemed to avoid all those possibilities, the multiplayer and challenge mode left me playing the game for another 2 years after it's release, I didn't even give a fuck about GTA V

>>376352628
Agreed, as much as I love their games for their unique styles, they make good games, but not great ones.
>>
>Fromsoft
>BioWare
>Platinum
>Bethesda
>Naughty Dog
>>
Naughty dog, Rockstar, DIce
>>
>>376352398
DUDE
>>
>>376353305
Capcom is Bipolar. In the same release window they launched Resident Evil 7, which was pretty good and well received by long time fans and general audiences. And then Dead Rising 4 which was a bloody cancerous turd of a game that was reviled by fans and met with negative to mixed reactions from the general audience.

Both games were marketed as "returning to the series' roots" except one was a bulls eye and the other was pure garbage.
>>
Kojima, he is singlehandedly the most overrated dev.
>>
Capcom can be great when they feel like it.
>>
>>376354902
I think they're mainly heading in the wrong direction with DR series. They were about to just crash and burn with RE6 but really pulled back up with 7.
>>
>>376351661
Anything that is popular
>>
>>376353672
gameplay > story > graphics > sound
>>
Platinum
Rockstar
BioWare
Blizzard
Valve
Capcom
Konami
iD Soft
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.