[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else love the idea of Palaces? Everyone has a shadow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1492390958437.jpg (591KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1492390958437.jpg
591KB, 2000x2000px
Does anyone else love the idea of Palaces? Everyone has a shadow but only people with extremely warped thoughts have their own Palace. I just think it's cool and better than the dungeons that manifested in the Midnight Channel.
>>
File: cena.png (244KB, 388x388px) Image search: [Google]
cena.png
244KB, 388x388px
I want to spoon Shadow Futaba inside of her sarcophagus.
>>
Pretty sure not everybody has shadows, only shitty people have one.
>>
I think they could've done a whole lot more with the concept. Especially in regards to "mental barriers" that get used like 2 or 3 times and don't involve any player input whatsoever. The idea of manipulating your prey in the real world so that you can access more of their palace is neat, but in execution it amounts to nothing more than asking a hikki to open the door for you over IMs.
>>
>>376337771
>>376337672
I never played 3 but is Shadow Futaba the first Shadow that wasn't malovent? I was surprised that she was the one that actually made Futaba realize the truth behind her mother's death and "accept herself"
>>
>>376338598
Teddie was a shadow
>>
>>376337672
Psychonauts did it better
>>
>>376338598
Metis from 3 is arguably Aigis's shadow and wasn't hostile.
>>
>>376338598

Shadow in general? No. Teddie's a shadow.

Shadow of a person? Also no.

Shadow's represent sides of yourself that you suppress, it just so happened that Futaba was suppressing good memories of her mother because she fully internalized the content of the fake suicide note.
>>
>>376338598
There are no shadows in 3, and none of the shadows in 4 are malevolent.
>>
>>376338827
All of the Shadows in 4 try to kill ypu except for Teddie.
>>
>>376338598
>>376338817
Completely forgot Teddie was Shadow, dammit. I wonder if Morgana will be able to become human if he gets a big enough ego like Teddie.
>>
>>376338827
>>376338817

Metis was also a Shadow of Aigis.
>>
>>376339635
No, they don't. They attack you after you don't accept them. That's not being malevolent. Malevolent would be attacking you just because. That never happens though. Every single shadow in P4 (sans Mitsuo) follow this m.o. There's nothing evil about them or their actions. If you want to go down that route, you might as well say Futabas shadow is malevolent because she leads you into deathtraps for no good reason.
>>
>>376337672

i'm glad shadows are demons not amorphous blobs
>>
>>376340049
That's my favorite part of this game. It gives the enemies way more personality this way. I love their voice acting too.
>>
>>376337771
god-tier tummy
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.