[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /v/ I'm looking for games like this. It's kinda

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

Hey /v/ I'm looking for games like this.

It's kinda hard to describe but they go into metaphysical things and talk about hopes, and dreams, and well things makes little sense as possible yet for the actors in the story it makes sense.
Like Kingdom hearts, eternal sonata things make little sense to us yet to the characters dreams, existence hope, light and are normal and things are really mysterious and beautiful, yet can be terrifying like glowing flowers, committing suicide to see past versions of yourself doing the same thing.

Like pick related it's so mysterious, why is this here, why is the player here, if this is a safe place in my heart, why am I attacked, were others here before me, who's talking to me?

It's weird and scary to think about, yet beautiful and mystifying
>>
>>376337068
Pic related got what is essentially the remains of his soul trapped inside sora, he is the voice in his head in kingdom hearts 1
>>
>>376337303
Pretty sure Nomura confirmed Mickey was supposed to be that voice.
>>
>>376337303
>>376337694
>always imagined it´s something like a god or something really old and powerfull.

>You are the chosen one etc. etc.

>It´s Mickey or some child.
>>
final fantasy VIII, X and X2
>>
>>376337068
Jesus fuck, just play Kingdom Hearts then.
>>
>>376338317
I mean I want more kinda of games like this
I know of eternal sonata, and fragile dreams but was wondering if it's called anything.
It's not anime as I've seen Western movies have similar things. I'm not sure what it's called.
>>
>>376337068
>>376338723

I'm pretty sure you're not old enough to post on /v/, or maybe you're just mentally retarded.

But play Undertale or something I guess? Or any FF game between roughly VI and X. Or World of Final Fantasy.
>>
>>376338723
FFX
>>
File: 1470402138174.png (486KB, 1260x738px) Image search: [Google]
1470402138174.png
486KB, 1260x738px
>>376337068
Consider Danganronpa, however keep in mind that it's very text-heavy
>>
>>376339243
Do I sound young?
I'm 23
Anyway ff games aren't really what I'm looking for, undetale is close to what I'm after.
Still thanks.

>>376339448
Finished it all even v3
I loved the ending but hate the anime.

Still it's not really what I'm looking for here.
It's hard to explain really.
It's like things that don't make sense and are weird yet somewhat poetic in a sense.
Like dreaming in a dream, accepting that it is infact a dream in a coma causes the user's brain to really die if they die in that dream. Or fragments of people's memories when they were alive gives life to objects that the person held dear, or finding a massive flower field and later discovering that at night the flowers glow and they each are people who departed the world and turned to flowers.

These are examples from games I've played, they are mysterious and other worldy, I really love it and was wondering if there more like it.
>>
>>376340293
Play Nier and Automata?
>>
>>376340450
came here to post this.
>>
>>376339243
>I'm pretty sure you're not old enough to post on /v/, or maybe you're just mentally retarded.
God forbid somebody doesn't type like a typical 4channing piece of shit.
>>
Play Drakengard 3

A game where nothing makes sense to anyone.
>>
>>376337068
NieR/NieR: Automata
not joking
>>
>>376341203
>>376340450
>>376340594

The Nier games don't have the cozy, mysterious vibe of Kingdom Hearts at all. Quite the opposite, even though they're extremely good.

What OP is looking for is clearly that 80s fantasy movie feeling of childlike wonder and mystery, not a post-apocalyptic hellhole.

I suggest Chrono Trigger.
>>
>>376340450
>>376341203
I was thinking about these.
After looking it up Nier automata seems like it goes into the human psyche what being human is really about.
>>376340807
Isn't that shovelware?
Or really poorly made?
>>376341481
tried CT but haven't finished it, and I'll probably might one day.

I guess the 80s vibe not really child like it could be I don't mind though.
>>
>>376340293
I know exactly what you're talking about. The closest approximation I can give you is maybe the Mother series, 2 and 3 specifically. Beginnings can be good if you give it a chance but it requires hours of tedious grinding.
>>
>>376340293
>It's like things that don't make sense and are weird yet somewhat poetic in a sense.
EYE Divine Cybermancy
King's Field and Souls games (and shadow tower and Bloodborne too, of course)
The Void

And a shit ton of walking simulators
>>
>>376341872

>western games
>games that pretend to be western games (souls)

No.
>>
>>376341729
>>376337068

This might be so obvious that it didn't even occur to people, but Zelda. Specifically the N64 ones.

From the way you type you might not have played them.
>>
>>376342328
Truly you weeaboos are the biggest morons in the world.
Read this, you cunt:
>>376338723
>It's not anime as I've seen Western movies have similar things.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.