[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: We talking about this fuck up of a sequel, what went wrong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 11

File: killing_floor_2pic(1).jpg (793KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
killing_floor_2pic(1).jpg
793KB, 1200x675px
ITT: We talking about this fuck up of a sequel, what went wrong and the tripwire betrayal
>>
>>376326482
Tell me all about it.
If it is something about them being social justice warlords - I don't give a fuck.
>>
>>376326482

I loved KF1

I hated KF2

They are shitty devs that have no understanding of what made the first game great
>>
>>376326482
it's OP being anally blasted or retelling memes on how they did EA wrong.
right now, the game is fine.
>>
Very little went wrong. Much went right.

You guys still crying about "they added SJW characters" and "they added skins in early access"? Thats only wrong I can think with this game. Everything else is great.
>>
>>376326934

Fuck yeah mate

I refunded it though
>>
>>376326934
Yeah my only gripe as of now are the bland achievements that are basically win map on certain difficulty, reach certain perk level, and collect turds. I want the variety KF1 has.
>>
>>376327131
So... "bad Steam achievements" are stopping you from enjoying the game?

Just. Wow.
>>
>>376326934
>You guys still crying about "they added SJW characters" and "they added skins in early access"?

Is this for real? Holy shit fuck this board.
The game is just fine, faggots
>>
>>376327203
How did you get that from what I typed? I've enjoyed the game through release up to now, I just wish they would add more variety for achievements.
>>
File: celzR2S.png (11KB, 744x520px) Image search: [Google]
celzR2S.png
11KB, 744x520px
>>376326482
objectively its so much better though, and i loved the shit out of the first one but it's just so clunky compared to its sequel and you can't deny that

don't like the sjw characters? don't fucking play them. don't like that there are boxes and skins? don't fucking buy them.
>>
Thanks to the item drops I've earned back the money I've paid for the game, so can't complain about that.
>>
The game is fine, they just fucked up their whole early access thing.

Teleporting zeds is a problem, but I can see their logic in doing it, even if I think it's a bad decision.
>>
>>376327684
There was a patch that removed some of that. Like they claim that big zeds dont teleport anymore which is pretty nice so you dont run into the Scrake that you just left behind. But I still think that it happens sometimes..
>>
KF2 is good now
>>
I liked it, good game, but KF had this charm which I cannot describe, the maps, the characters, even the Zeds.
>>
I really hate how welding feels useless in KF2.
>>
Good game, bad KF. Just needs more content creators.
>>
>>376327819
I've never seen a scrake or fleshpound teleport except for them being stuck in the world geometry.

People don't seem to realise that zeds can take like a shortcut and catch up to you by taking a different route. They don't trail you directly or anything.
Same with zeds around corners. 99% of the time they just happened to already be there, rather than spawning as you turn the corner
>>
Why does it even have like a market when the game practically has little shit to buy/sell?
>>
>loved killing floor 1
>killing floor 2 early access
>don't like it, go back to killing floor 1
>return to killing floor 2 each update
>game has ups and downs over early access but becomes better
>now think killing floor 2 is fantastic

I don't understand how someone can play the game in its current state and not like it
>>
I get that EA was slow but so many of the arguments about it are kind of dumb.
Like, what's wrong with adding skins specifically in early access? Why would adding them after release make them acceptable?

Just strikes me as people being generally salty over the entire idea of microtransactions after scummy mobile games and horse armour, reguarless of it actually being good or bad in this particular instance
>>
>small as fuck maps
>zeds still spawn around the corner due to TPW incompetence
>zeds still instantly jump up when near guard rails or other objects
>zeds still teleport because TPW can't into path finding
>perk balance is mostly a shit. commando was a joke before, now with swat, he's pointless
>even more level grinding in a PvE game
>no events
>no third boss
>new game modes are trash

I had over 1000 hours in KF1. I consider it a classic it's so good. It's structure is nearly perfect. The kind of game I could play any time and still have fun. So many options of ways to play, from solo zerker, to battle medic, to rambo with a double barrel shotgun. KF2 feels like a boring chore. The level grinding, the way every single fucking zed walks causing them to become living bobbleheads, the lack of chat options (honestly rarely see people even use it since it's mostly useless), the fact that chat options are chosen from a fucking console radial wheel is also unacceptable. The system KF1 had was amazing, I could type out the codes so quick. In FK2, you can't even insult fellow players, let along ask to wield a door or something.
I have >200 hours in KF2. I bought it day one early access. I haven't played it in months. Honestly, every time I feel like killing zeds, I look at my steam games list. I see KF2, and get instantly discouraged. Then I look at KF1 and think man that's be fun, too bad the download would be way too long. TPW is one of the worst devs out there. They haven't been able to produce a quality product on time since... well never.
>>
>>376327819
It can only happen when they are stuck and can't move, which happens once every 100 games maybe. You can best see that on big maps when you run to the trader and the last zeds are medium and big ones taking minutes to get to you. Most of the time when people think some zed teleported they just encounter one fucker that spawned so far away that took his sweet time to get to the team.
>>
>>376328429
>what's wrong with adding skins specifically in early access? Why would adding them after release make them acceptable?
Because they are adding "extra" before the game is 1.0
it implies they care more about money grubbing than making a good game
>>
>>376328429
>Why would adding them after release make them acceptable?
Well, generally, in EA, devs should focus on getting the core game features and content working right first

and then add pointless cosmetics for their money store

why would a money store ever be something an unfinished game needs right away? unless you were an extremely jewish company that only cared about maximizing profits
>>
>>376328589
>>376328643
So you care more about ideological nonsense and 'the principle of the thing' more than the actual reality of game
>>
1. hans. Fuck hans before they patched him. Fuck hans after they patched him, he is still broken.

2. micro transactions.

3. allways online leveling system

4. perks that suck

5. the announcer that wont shut up

6. the fp/scrake that kills the music during their intro every time no matter what

7. lazy devs
>>
>>376328239
I haven't played in a long time, but at one point they definitely did teleport. You were actually able to cheese it because they were only able to teleport if no player was looking in their direction (regardless of walls/etc)
>>
>>376328095
Yeah I agree.

Ironically support is not the good one at wielding its the demoman. The game is just more focused on keeping on the move instead of camping spots, though that is still done.

What has been a very sloppy launch has turned out really great though and the new perks with the exception of survivalist are great.
>>
>>376328716
no
I care more about the game working right and being fun before having the chance to blow money on virtual cloths

I loved how TWI said they would do EA right and have the game out before the year was over. EA went well past the new year, and the money store was one of the first things added in EA.
TWI are such scumbags and it saddens me to know there are people like you who don't think they did anything wrong
>>
>>376328643
>>376328589
But that doesn't actually change anything
Microtransactions are handled by completely different workers as modellers and ai programmers. They don't effect eachother.

>why would a money store ever be something an unfinished game needs right away? unless you were an extremely jewish company that only cared about maximizing profits

So you can beta test it.
The drop system was a total mess when it was initially released.
>>
>>376328716
they had so many fuckups they don't really deserve the money
despite promising they will "do Early Access right"
>>
>>376328874
A company is scum for delaying the game? Don't fucking fall for the early access meme if you expect a finished and fun game then dumb fuck

>>376328915
Anyone with a brain sees a game for what it is. If it's early access, wait until the release, judge the game then as a finished product, refund the game if you don't like it. Why do you care about the fucking politics of a game's development
>>
>>376326934
>>376327358

>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>376328860
>The game is just more focused on keeping on the move instead of camping spots
I rarely get a game where people aren't camping in one spot. The first time I finally saw people not camping 100% of the time was when nuked was released.
>>
>>376329118
Play on the higher difficulties where if you don't have a high level bezerker or medic you get slaughtered.
>>
>>376328876
>Microtransactions are handled by completely different workers as modellers and ai programmers. They don't effect eachother.
I love this when people say this.
>the company spent resources doing this dumb shit, but it's okay because like they only had some of their workers/recourse wasted on it
oh boy how nice to know TWI only wasted some of their time and money and workers on virtual cloths instead of using that on fixing their third rate shitshow game.
>The drop system was a total mess when it was initially released.
lmao I remember that. they couldn't even get a loot crate system working right. chinesse F2P mobas can figure it out
>>376329014
they are scumbags for blatantly lying, being underhanded, and leading on customers on with false hope.
>oh sure the game will be out before the years up, we'll have all these great perks like marital arts, and 2 new bosses!
years later, still waiting for that third boss. game still has problems that make it not worth playing, and they scrapped what could have been a fun perk for Jack-of-all-Trades one.
>>
Why did the scrake and fleshpound become swole?
>>
>>376329014
if their president didn't sperg out about the bikini post, maybe there would be one less reason to be mad at them
>>
>>376329352
Every game in the universe has cut content before the release. Are you a moron? Every game company ever promises more shit than they deliver, even the best games from the best developers are guilty of this.

Judge a game on it's own merits and nothing else
>>
>>376328860
>>376328095
now that support can repair doors its much better but the maps just arent great for it
>>
>>376328484
>>small as fuck maps
I've tried big maps, they're boring as fuck when you can snipe all zeds before they can come even close to you.

>>zeds still spawn around the corner due to TPW incompetence
You want to make them spawn on the other side of the map and go make a sandwich in the meantime? The game is supposed to be intense and fast.

>>zeds still instantly jump up when near guard rails or other objects
Yeah, that's bullshit. The animation for the jump starts when they're already in the air. Even in zed time it's fast as fuck.

>>zeds still teleport because TPW can't into path finding
Only trash zeds teleport.

>>perk balance is mostly a shit. commando was a joke before, now with swat, he's pointless
Some perks are better than others, but all of them are fun to play and all works for HoE in good hands. Except Firebug, fuck that guy.

>>even more level grinding in a PvE game
KF1 grinding took more time and had shit objectives like kill 1000 stalkers. You can max a perk in 10 minutes if you want to be a cheap fag, but you're missing a fun of progression and getting stronger.

>>no events
They're working on other projects, they're now a company focusing on making money. That what happens with everyone that make it big (or just bigger).

>>no third boss
Coming this year. When? Might be as well be on Christmas from what we know.

>>new game modes are trash
They really should make an Endless Mode, how hard can that be? Just make every wave have more zeds and more big guys. It should be easy to make. PvP is shit, but the Descent is not that bad, it only lacks good arenas, like in Doom.
>>
A lot of the perks need changing just to make more variety in builds. Survivalist needs more unique perks, commando needs a rework, and barely anybody uses the right side of medic. Also a lot of the perks suffer from being able to "git gud" and use better perks. With gunslinger, why use the extra 30% damage all the time when I could just learn how to aim and get up to 50% damage most of the time? Why pick faster reload when I can just learn how to reload cancel?
Who in their right mind would pick increased explosive radius but less damage when they can pick invunralbility from sirens destroying grenades as demo? There shouldn't be no "meta" perk choices, each one should invoke a different play style.
>>
>>376329350
The higher difficulties are what I'm talking about. I usually only play HoE servers and when nuked was released it was refreshing to finally see people not camping in one spot.
>>
>>376329386
it makes them look more threathening and I like that
I mean I much more prefer getting fucked (not literally) by some buffed up monster than to get slapped by some skinny tall freaks
>>
>>376329476
>That what happens with everyone that make it big
Hopefully this game flops and they scale down then
>>
>>376329352
>the company spent resources doing this dumb shit, but it's okay because like they only had some of their workers/recourse wasted on it
>oh boy how nice to know TWI only wasted some of their time and money and workers on virtual cloths instead of using that on fixing their third rate shitshow game.
You didn't address the argument that the dudes who work with steam markets are not the same dudes who work with actual content.

I guess you could argue that they could save money by not hiring them but really, it doesn't take that much labour. I seriously doubt that not hiring them would have changed anything.

>lmao I remember that. they couldn't even get a loot crate system working right. chinesse F2P mobas can figure it out
Exactly. It had to be beta tested.
>>
>left side of sharpshooter tree gives you nearly double damage at optimal conditions, but you're left defenseless since it requires you to not move at all while crouching in iron sights
>all right side makes you fast and mobile and you don't really lose out on damage since sharpsh weapons oneshots most of the time anyway and the fire rate is higher
Perk balance could need work
>>
File: 1492567344753.png (394KB, 599x626px) Image search: [Google]
1492567344753.png
394KB, 599x626px
>>376329445
>Judge a game on it's own merits and nothing else
>first thing released in EA is microtransactions
>went over their estimate on release
>still not finished to this day
>>
>>376329476
>they're boring as fuck when you can snipe all zeds before they can come even close to you.
To me, that is KF. Standing still for the most part and popping zed heads. Kiting is fucking boring as shit. What was a quick game just becomes 2 hours of walking in circles. Fuck that.
>You want to make them spawn on the other side of the map and go make a sandwich in the meantime?
I want them continuously spawning at all times on the other side of map. So if you just run around, soon you will have hundred+ zeds roaming the map with you. Not 10 at a time, wait for them to die, and them spawn 10 more around the corner. Most KF2 games I play have lots and lots of down time in rounds where the squad just stands around waiting for the few zeds to get up here.
teleporting in general is a shitty idea, literally all they can do to stop zeds from getting stuck in the environment, TWI can't code at all, most of their ideas aren't fixes, but awkward band aids.
the fun of pregression? in a PvE zombie killing game? your numbers go up so you can actually play the game, it's not progression, it's unlocking what you should have had from the start. it was bullshit in KF1 when level 1 SS or Demo were fucking worthless, so why ever play them? oh right to grind out the ass so they can be viable. why teh fuck KF has some shitty RPG leveling system is beyond me, it's an action game first and foremost.
yea can't make events when too bust making more virtual cloths for their online store. fucking jews.
lmao "coming soonâ„¢". there probably never will be a third boss.
PvP is so fucking bad, it was bad in L4D. The entire idea of a PvP humans v. zombies game is retarded. Stop trying it.
>>
Nothing went wrong. KF2 is everything KF1 was, but with more classes, the best melee system out of the horde mode FPS, and each of the classes, save for "survivalist", do unique things. Even the very similar Commando/SWAT have differences.
>>376327131
I agree with you. I could do with more "fun" ahcievements.
>>376328336
I'm the same way. I did like KF2 at release, but only four classes was limiting.
>>376328484
I think you forgot about how small West London was, and how empty it was compared to KF2 maps.
Also Commando isn't pointless because of SWAT.
>no events
So far
>no third boss
So far
>new game modes are trash
Descent is a good map, and vs was a terrible idea in l4d.
>>376330041
That bothers me about sharp more than anything. Left side needs like three nannies who then get in the way of your ducking line of fire. So literally the only thing you can do is stand on a car in Paris or some shit.
>>
>>376328853
You haven't play the game in like one year it seems.
>>
Shit OST
Shit style
Shit perks
Shit maps
>>
>>376329668
Well you can reload cancel faster, and penetration is extremely situational. It also helps for any single pistol. The 30% damage is reliable, and you rarely need the extra 20% from ReU

Agree with demo, medic and the rest. The damage penalty actually completely negates the bonus radius (because you do less damage, clots actually have to be -closer- to the grenade to die)
I think commando is fine except for eat lead vs hollow points, Really they should move the recoil reduction to eat lead, or make it a passive. Eat lead should be the low recoil spraying skill, with hollow points being the semi auto sniping skill
Survivalist is pretty terrible allround
>>376330041
To be fair, you only need to be crouching/still during the exact moment you're firing, so you can run around, crouch, take a shot, and THEN run. If you're using the railgun, you would probably be standing still to take the shot anyway.
>>
>>376330159
>mentions nothing about the actual state of the game

There's a lot of perks and they generally are all useful and can work on a team on any difficulty or map. There's a good amount of weapons and maps. Fighting zeds is fun, they have more varied behavior than the first game and there's more zeds than there were in the first game. The graphics are good, the animations are good, the gunplay is satisfying, the melee is satisfying. It's an incredibly satisfying game to play with a group of friends, it's decently fun solo, and while random playing is a mixed bag you still run into a lot of fun and chaotic situations.

Actual bad things: atmosphere and tone is worse than the first game, dialogue options are worse than the first game, it gets repetitive after a while just like the first game (needs more variety of gameplay), the female characters they have are fucking lame, not enough of the classic characters in the game, perk balance is not great on some of the perks, survivalist is a mess but that's minor.

I don't give a flying fuck about anything the devs have said. I don't give a fucking shit about how much of a disaster the early access is. I only care about the game as it is right now and it's a good game. It's worth 30 bucks to me, definitely worth it if you can wait for a sale.
>>
I like the gameplay but it's missing the grindhouse comedy horror vibes of the original.
>>
File: dhmis clock.webm (81KB, 530x298px) Image search: [Google]
dhmis clock.webm
81KB, 530x298px
>>376330342
yea that's probably about right
>>
>>376330279
>I want them continuously spawning at all times on the other side of map. So if you just run around, soon you will have hundred+ zeds roaming the map with you.
That would take a lot of work for the engine, making it unplayable for people without high end pc.

>the fun of pregression? in a PvE zombie killing game? your numbers go up so you can actually play the game, it's not progression, it's unlocking what you should have had from the start. it was bullshit in KF1 when level 1 SS or Demo were fucking worthless, so why ever play them? oh right to grind out the ass so they can be viable. why teh fuck KF has some shitty RPG leveling system is beyond me, it's an action game first and foremost.
Believe me, if there were no perk levels, the KF2 player base would be an endangered specie. Grinding is what keeping people in this game. "If I play one more game I will unlock new skill", "I've gained some levels, so I should be fine for the higher difficulty now". That kind of thinking us what makes 80% of people playing it. If you could join HoE right away, and beat it with pure skill, there would be nothing for you to achieve in this game. Beat it, done it, uninstall it. If there was a prestige system, I would start some perks from level 0 again (if the reward for doing it would be worth it.

>yea can't make events when too bust making more virtual cloths for their online store. fucking jews.
Actually it's the fanbase who makes them, they just green light it and make cash from it.
>>
>>376326482
the cringy characters that just WOULD NOT SHUT THE FUCK UP
The original lines were great because they weren't taking themselves seriously at all, the new ones are absolutely shit
>>
>>376329047
>doesn't agree with me
>>reddit
classic
>>
>>376331293
I cheated my way to level 25 on all perks after 2 hours of play and have 400 hours since.

It's just fun.

>>376330279
An event is confirmed for this year; probably this summer
>>
>>376330543
I believe reload canceling is slower with the 500 mags when you have quicker reload because the time when your mag refills is later during the animation than the normal reload. Might be wrong though haven't actually timed it. I like the extra damage because once again git gud and you can land most of your hits dealing 50% extra damage letting you decap big guys with ease in a few seconds. 1 full 500 mag -> full deagle mag boom dead scrake.
>>
Should've been called SHILLING FLOOR JEW AMIRITE FELLAS

i put more work into that than tripwire did on their characters
>>
>>376328840
announcers voice is hot tho
>>
>>376331432
You can decrease the chatter in game options. That's what I did. I'd rather hear zeds coming from behind me than hear the same shit I've heard thousands of times.
>>
>>376331589
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-VmomUBZHQ

say what
>>
File: ok1.png (358KB, 611x651px) Image search: [Google]
ok1.png
358KB, 611x651px
>>376331521
Jesus man, it doesn't even take full .500 mag or even Deagle mag to kill a Scrake. You can kill a FP on 6man HoE with one .500 mag
>>
>>376331293
>Grinding is what keeping people in this game. "If I play one more game I will unlock new skill", "I've gained some levels, so I should be fine for the higher difficulty now". That kind of thinking us what makes 80% of people playing it. If you could join HoE right away, and beat it with pure skill, there would be nothing for you to achieve in this game. Beat it, done it, uninstall it. If there was a prestige system, I would start some perks from level 0 again (if the reward for doing it would be worth it.

>this is the mindset of the average video game consumer

the future is not bright.
>>
>>376331782
Yeah you're probably right on that haven't played lv 25 gunslinger in a while. Still as long as you get the 50% bonus damage (do this with 9mm pistol so you don't rage) and you can kill big guys for days. I've been playing demo taking out big guys with ease as well. You can guarantee kill a scrake with one 500 mag shot to the head then rpg to the head without raging it. Sometimes you can 1 hit them with an rpg but don't quote me on that other players may have lowered its health beforehand.
>>
>>376332149
Thank god you're not going to be a part of it.
>>
>>376326482
But KF2 is better than the first game in every single way.
>>
>>376332149
I actually enjoy playing modded solo hoe.
>>
>>376326482
What really went wrong was the entirety of their Early Access campaign and scraping a perk they promised that many people were really looking forwards to as well as making SWAT just another Commando instead of giving it the riot shield everybody wanted.

Other than those, the game is an improvement over the first.
>>
>>376332227
You might have been playing suicidal or HoE 5p
>>
>>376332263
>you get to escape the blight of pointless grinding for the sake of grinding
>you no longer have to play every game like it's a third rate MMO from 2010
>you can go back to other games that are actually fun and don't lock content from you based solely on that you have not wasted enough time getting numbers up yet
feels good
>>
>>376332438
To be fair, they never actually promised anything. They sort of vaguely implied it and it got datamined and the icon was left in some old promotional art.
>>
>>376332227
>Yeah you're probably right on that haven't played lv 25 gunslinger in a while. Still as long as you get the 50% bonus damage (do this with 9mm pistol so you don't rage) and you can kill big guys for days
You can start with 0 headshots and still do it. I use Deagles for Scrake killing, you can spam them as fast as you can because of no recoil and they will stumble him back in around 6th shot to the head, so it doesn't require a lot of space for it. You just need to make the shots count.

>Sometimes you can 1 hit them with an rpg but don't quote me on that other players may have lowered its health beforehand.
Depends on the difficulty and number of players.
>>
>>376332459
yeah after wasting how many hours in KF1 leveling all the perks I just didn't feel like doing it again in KF2. I just used that one modded file to level most of the perks to 25 instantly to bypass the grind.
>>
>>376332568
>To be fair, they never actually promised anything.
lmao no. they promised a lot. a lot of specific things. things that either never came to be or were changed so much they basically still never happened
EA being done right? nope.
EA being over before the year was done? nope
martial arts? nope
swat with a shield? nope
events? nope
two new bosses? nope, just one, the old boss from the last game. lol.
tons and tons of new cosmetic cloths and skins for guns? you bet'cha!

now that's EA done right boys!
>>
>>376332817
They didn't promise most of it, its just what people wanted.
>>
>>376332770
this is what pretty much anyone who isn't a knuckle dragging retard did.
>>
They need to fix the teleporting zed spawning. It's not that fleeing to a nearby area you cleared 5 seconds ago suddenly has 5 bloats.

There is no fixing this game beyond adding more weapons - the survival formula gets stale inevitably.
>>
>>376332817
They never promised martial arts, SWAT shields, events or new bosses during EA
>>
>>376333573
and they never promised versus or giving the zergs explosive inmunity after some damage.
>>
>>376333707
what
>>
>>376326934
>>376327358
yup, the gameplay and maps are perfectly fine. just a graphical upgrade from the first which is all it should have been
>>
I've been playing KF2 quite a bit lately on custom servers and it's just as good and better than first game.

So far no cancer DLCs, I hope it stays that way.

I have a feeling OP is a buttmad fag who's just making this same exact thread he bumps himself every day.

sage
>>
>>376333909
that they added versus mode even tough NOBODY asked for it, and made explosive damage do less damage after time or some shit like that, you can't stack explosives anymore on one spot.
>>
>>376332149
>this is the mindset of the average video game consumer
Correction: this is the mindset of an average human. It's covered in your basic psychology classes.
>skinner boxes
Look up the experiment and then look at MMORPGs. You'll start to see skinner box aspects in every game. Experience points, levels, gold, even damage numbers, sounds and light effects in the game are all small rewards to keep players going.

Nearly every game has these kinds of rewards to keep a player going. Whether it's high scores or "gold coins" or whatever.
>>
I miss the grittiness and dark looming feeling that kf1 had. i feel as though kf2 is all about gore and no horror. kf1's scarke and fleshpound looked way more menacing, the malnourished experiments felt something out of a horror movie.

Vs mode was meh and died off really quickly (neat idea though)

2 bosses do really suck,but i think they are adding more.

i could care less for microtransactions because they are simply only cosmetic (plus never spent a dime on them)

They need to work on perk balancing, but i can see it being hard to make every class equally viable

all in all i find kf2 around a 7.5
and kf1 a 8.5

in addition i hope they add more free classes and weapons, i dont want to pay dlc for that shit.
>>
>>376334218
I think that's for consecutive C4's on a single target
I'm not a fan of it either

And again, to be fair, a lot of the content in VS mode made it's way to the regular mode, like special zeds and blocking, so it wasn't a waste
>>
>>376334218
Grenade spamming was a design flaw in KF1 and they've been trying to get rid of it for a long time now.
>>376332817
>EA done right
I remember that line
>EA over before the year was out
I don't remember that line
>Martial Arts
Datamine
>riot shield for swat
Never even mentioned, although you can play Berserker to get one, and there's no reaosn why it can't be added
>events
Not so far
>no new bosses
Not so far
>Cosmetics
Absolutely nothing wrong with adding cosmetics to a multiplayer game.
>>
Wait, it's not still in early access, is it?

It it?
>>
>>376335027
No, a lot of people refunded when it left EA
>>
>>376335145
Oh, I thought it was stuck in early access hell or something.

Looks fine to me
>>
>>376329991
>they're not the same dudes

Yeah but why tge fuck are they paying people to design skins when the games not fucking done
>>
>>376334636
Not him, but
>I don't remember that line
They did say that they were planning for an end of the year release
>absolutely nothing wrong with adding cosmetics to a multiplayer game
Sure, but the point he was making was that they were added during EA when there were only a few perks, few maps and major balance issues. We're still lacking weapon variety on most perks which in my opinion is the worst part of the game. Rather than focus efforts on making the game fun to play they added the cancer that is lootboxes to milk money out of everyone way way before the game was complete. And may I add the system is fucking garbage too, who in their right mind would want to pay 2.50 for a random hat of a random color. The old DLC model of many characters with vastly different models and aesthetics was way better.
>>
What I don't like about this game is that they drifted from the comical post-apocaliptic british grimdark atmosphere of the first (If we don't count the mod) game. Also, I don't like this new spacetech thing of the second game, while the first game was generic/realistic futurist ala Black Mesa, for example.
>>
>>376326482
They got weapon animations down nicely. Other companies should do the same.
>>
>>376335731
I was angry about the microtransactions at first, but after earning so much money out of it, I don't know if it's so bad.
>>
>>376335731
I agree that the way they implemented the cosmetics was stupid. You gain them far too slowly. Once per 24 hours, and many times you're getting boxes instead of items? That's stupid.
Then you're stuck recycling and waiting to randomly generate an item. And on top of that, with four rarities of trash to recycle, you end up taking more time to craft items.
I would just prefer to buy a bulk pack of themed items for cheap.

We're up to ten perks. Four more than the previous game, and six more than early access release.
I agree that more weapons need to be added. The Medic in particular needs more guns. But they are adding more guns. We just had the Bone Crusher added for Zerk, along with the Machine Gun and Flare Pistols for Commando and Firebug since February. We also got one new default map from TW, and The Descent. Nuked was also a good addition, but of course that's a community map.

So it's not like they're milking us for money. They haven't sold any of those updates as expansions. I'm looking at you, Payday and Vermintide.
>>
File: 1487251318078.jpg (33KB, 582x562px) Image search: [Google]
1487251318078.jpg
33KB, 582x562px
>>376336271
>I was angry at first but I gambled with my money anyway and won so I'm not angry anymore
Cool story anon, but that doesn't change the fact that the system is shit and them adding it in while there were major issues with the game wasn't a fucking insult to everyone who placed their trust in early access """""done right""""".
>>
File: Refund Floor2.jpg (1MB, 2921x2400px) Image search: [Google]
Refund Floor2.jpg
1MB, 2921x2400px
>>
>>376336905
I didn't gamble, it was from selling drops, you get sometimes skins some dumbasses pay few euro for them.
>>
>>376337382
What a meltdown that was. /v/ was up in flames.
>>
Once/If KF2 ever gets the mod scene of KF1 going, I'll probably play a lot more. 64 player servers were the shit. Especially on Fort.
>>
File: 1465580269512.gif (927KB, 250x230px) Image search: [Google]
1465580269512.gif
927KB, 250x230px
>>376337382
That was great and those people on steam: "You are Satan if you refunded".
>>
WATER WATERRRRRR AAAAUUUGH
>>
I refunded it when it came out of early access, can somebody tell me if crawlers can actually crawl on walls yet?

That's all I really need to know to understand where the dev team's priorities are.
>>
File: mfww.jpg (88KB, 415x481px) Image search: [Google]
mfww.jpg
88KB, 415x481px
>>376326482

>tfw I refunded it and bought later for half the price I originally bought it

God bless Capitalism
>>
It's not so bad

Needs more maps because loading custom maps is a pain the ass and no one plays them online
>>
>>376339837
So you bought it half off.
>>
>>376339408

Nobody?
>>
>>376328336
>I don't understand how someone can play the game in its current state and not like it
>zeds blocking
>albino crawlers
>gorefiends
>zed squads
>shitty balance
etc etc
>>
>>376339408
they only crawl in your skin, making wounds that never heal
>>
>want to tell someone upstairs to bedtime children
>or leg it
>instead get a shitty radial menu
but why
>>
>>376342694
not sure I understand your arguments, could you go more into detail ?
Not the poster you replied to, but I also like KF2, just haven't played much of it yet since time constraints
>>
KF2 has been better than KF1 for quite a few months now and I'm someone with over a thousand hours in KF1 and every perk maxed
>>
I miss the B movie horror vibe of the original.
>>
>>376343821
>turn on screen fuzz in the options
>enjoy the B tier movie vibe
Also aren't they planning on releasing an event on summer ? Or did I get memed by someone
Events were pretty great
>gingerbread gorefast with enormous head to headshot it
>sexy stalkers
>>
File: 9186ef4d2370eb7ca605d9d68e80b4bb.jpg (437KB, 1276x728px) Image search: [Google]
9186ef4d2370eb7ca605d9d68e80b4bb.jpg
437KB, 1276x728px
>>376344118
They're trying to do like an ARG with coded messages n' shit.

Dunno what it means. Current theme seems to just be Horzine being evil.

Also, someone posted a thing in the reddit asking for a summer slideshow event and on of the devs responded with a wink.
>>
>>376339408
They dropped all work on it because it was deemed too difficult to make work.
>>
>>376339408
Nah.

It's kind of fair enough though, as the unreal engine is a mess for that kind of thing.

They added an LMG and the flare revolvers though. They also added a thing where some weapons count for multiple perks (aka the trenchgun counts as a shotgun on support, the m16 counts an an assault rifle on commando)
>>
>>376343452
Console limitations and probably laziness on the dev side as well.
>>
I like it a lot, but I wasn't paying attention to what was going on with Tripwire.
>>
File: 1493487616617.jpg (247KB, 600x724px) Image search: [Google]
1493487616617.jpg
247KB, 600x724px
>>376326934
How about when they didn't add new classes other than rehashing the old ones into two separate classes. Fuck off tripwire shill. Your game was shit and I refunded it and had 200hrs on it
>>
>>376345948
There wasn't much left to add.

Urban Ninja/martial artist/whatever would have been a split zerker.
Energy weapons would just be firebug for the most part
Traps would be dumb and wouldn't work with so many zeds
>>
>>376344827

>It's kind of fair enough though, as the unreal engine is a mess for that kind of thing.

Fuck off with your bullshit, it's pure laziness you cocksucker
>>
>no Insult Teammate
>survivors can't be gored
>the trader won't shut up
>music just feels different even with audio off
>sometimes zeds will get stuck in one spot and you have to search for it everywhere
>patriarch looks okay but we'll never get his classic design back
>no more fun events like Halloween or Christmas

Overall it's enjoyable with friends.
>>
>>376346642
There's one coming this year
>>
>>376326482
I played the game for the first time in the previous free weekend. I generally really enjoyed what I played, although I definitely acknowledge that some aspects were diminished like the lack of banter, miss the great british voice, no shop slut, cool character roster replaced by muh customization, etc. However I think some other aspects of the games that were less technical and more about feel, really made like it. It might even edge over KF1 for me. I know there are crates that was an insult to EA players, but I feel like this doesn't really affect me. In fact it appears that they are making money off of crate cosmetics so guns (gameplay) can be added in for everyone for free, which was NOT the case for KF1 which really upsets me. So even though it's missing some features from KF1 and generally has a lower map roster (it's a newer game, makes sense), it still makes up in how much fun it is and other "feel" stuff, which I think is perfectly valid considering KF is about gun porn and fucking biozombies up.
>>
>>376328336
Same
>>
>>376346642
The music is the same good shit
>>
>>376347001
Did they add new tracks? I just felt there was something different about them compared to the first game. But I might give it another listen
>>
>>376346642
>no Insult Teammate
I think they might be adding this back in. Thought I heard something about them getting voice actors back to do this.

>survivors can't be gored
Agreed this design choice sucks. Zeds don't even eat player bodies anymore

>the trader won't shut up
You can now this completely out or replace it with other voices. Though I wish there were more trader voice mods out there

>music just feels different even with audio off
I think it's just fine but I never played with vocals on if that's what you meant. Can get repetitive after a while.

>sometimes zeds will get stuck in one spot and you have to search for it everywhere
Shouldn't be hard to find anymore if they do because the last three or four zeds have markers to show their position. If you still can't find it get everyone in a corner and look down it'll teleport nearby. Not for big guys though.

>patriarch looks okay but we'll never get his classic design back
I didn't like his first one that much but his current one could have been more original than l4d tank with minibus.

Summer slideshow might be coming.
>>
>>376347282
I hate being a phoneposter
>>
>>376326482

OP why dont you tell me what you dont like about KF2? I recently bought it after putting off on buying it for so long and honestly I dont see anything wrong with it. Game is still fun, the blood and guts flying everywhere is great, shit gets super tense at time when it hits the fan. Really liking it, not to mention the regular maps are a ton better, now im not playing london/manor/biotics all day.

Only map i dislike is the one where youre in a forest, mainly because its too open with not enough corners.
>>
>>376347743
Black Forest map is pretty bullshit, plus doesn't help that most people just camp in that ledge near the water wheel in HoE
>>
>>376347261
The main theme and the boss theme are remixes, all the others songs are new, by zynthetic who did kf1 songs or others metal bands
>>
>>376349245
No the boss theme isn't even a remix it's a new song too
>>
Last time I played the game there were like 4 levels, 4 perks and 5 characters.
It's surprising how much has been added. I had no idea the game had come out of early access.
Also funny that Tripwire gets accused of being SJW when there's only 2 playable women compared to a dozen guys.
>>
>>376326482
It's fun.
Thread posts: 143
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.