[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are people really hating on a remaster with better graphics and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

Are people really hating on a remaster with better graphics and updated gameplay just because of 2-3 over the top cutscenes?
>>
Sonybros can't handle other systems getting better versions of "their" games
>>
>>376314685
sonybro
>>
>>376314731
LMAO sonybro mods can't handle getting called names on /v/
>>
>>376314646
mgs1 snake had best voice
after that it felt like he became a caricature of himself with the obnoxiously fake huskiness
>>
I thought people hated it for adding the baby mode tranq gun to a game that wasn't designed for it.
>>
>>376314646
Kojima himself said this was the worst version.
>>
I hate how enemies literally pop up out of nowhere when in alert. They don't seem to come through apparent access points.
>>
>>376314646
They downgraded the game and made it more cartoony for the Nintendo audience.

PS1 version is the best.
>>
MerylandSnakeStareatlaserpointer.webm
>>
Everyone knows that the PS1 version was the best.
>>
>>376314646
>just because of 2-3 over the top cutscenes?

...and the entire OST.
>>
>>376314646

OST is worse, voice acting is worse, gameplay was not balanced for first person aiming, over the top cutscenes.
>>
>>376314646
It's the first MGS that I played and made me fall in love with the series.
I will never hate TTS.
>>
File: Compare.jpg (497KB, 1270x1330px) Image search: [Google]
Compare.jpg
497KB, 1270x1330px
>>376315715
Don't forget the shittier art direction with everything looking sterile as fuck and as if it was coated in some disgusting blue plastic
>>
>>376314646

They're MGSfags.
Their perception of taste is completely backwards.
>>
>>376316920
it looks like MGS2 which is fine
>>
>>376314646
>muh mei ling accent
>muh srs bsnss cutscenes
>muh "balanced" gameplay
>>376316920
It's a military base, not a garbage factory. The only place that should look grimy is the very first area.
>>
>>376314794
my head canon is that twin snakes is a film adaptation of the events of mgs1 (like how the book is also based off it)
>>
>>376317424
>all criticisms of a game can be written off and negated entirely by putting 'muh' before it

Truly outstanding
>>
>>376316920
We have to recycle all those MGS2 textures, nevermind whatever the original art direction was.
>>
I hope someday someone makes a patch for the game with the Soundtrack from the PS1 version, and a HD texture pack that follows the original art direction like >>376316920
>>
>>376315130
Twin Snakes crazy shit is closer to MGS4 than the original MGS is.
>>
>>376316920
>Awful ps1 limitations textures
>"Art direction"

Holy shit the delusion. I suppose Snake not having a fucking face and shaking like an Alzheimer's patient is also art direction and the creators artistic vision too?

Fucking retards.
>>
>>376317880
>Twin Snakes is closer to probably the most panned mainline entry to the series in terms of story that completely shat all over everything established by 1, 2 and 3 up to that point

Shocking
>>
>>376317662
Because I don't count crying over preference to be criticism.
>>
>>376314789
Actually you can't say roody poo anymore either. Fucking PC board
>>
>>376314646
>updated gameplay
I love this game but I hate the gamecube controls
>>
>>376314646
yes
>>
>>376318159
>game balance being completely broken by the M9, first person view and the original game's level design not intended at all for all of MGS2's game mechanics
>preference

Kill yourself
>>
>>376314646
I never played TTS but I would assume the MGS2 controls break the game unless they re-designed and re-balanced many sections of the game.
Am I correct?
I would still play it if given the chance.
>>
>>376316920
Because it is known that top secret underground military bases look like office buildings, TTS merely fixed that.
>>
>>376318396
It's exactly what happened with TTS. Bossfights like Ocelot and Raven lose any semblance of difficulty and being able to drop any guard from a distance with the ridiculous amount of unobstructed sightlines with the M9 makes regular gameplay child's play
>>
>>376318310
>MUH BALANCE
Shit wasn't balanced at all to begin with. Blindfire was garbage, chaff/stun spam was mandatory for certain segments, pills were required for any kind of sniping otherwise Snake would have a seizure just hold the PSG1, and the Genome Soldiers were more blind than a grandma with cataracts. The M9 helped counteract the extended vision, first person was a QoL change, and it even added corpse mechanics rather than just letting you choke someone out and their body just vanishing. You kill yourself, pleb.
>>
>>376318396
my fave is how it trivializes the ocelot fight
>>
File: 1484753070984.jpg (14KB, 540x438px) Image search: [Google]
1484753070984.jpg
14KB, 540x438px
>Jennifer Hale's voice acting performance
>The music
>The over the top animations
>First person mode breaks the game
>Several accents changed
>Everything that made MGS1 was removed or altered to be worse
>"Truly the way Metal Gear Solid" was meant to be experienced
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr7YPzuPLas
never forget
>>
File: mgs vs ts ragesnake.jpg (40KB, 300x337px) Image search: [Google]
mgs vs ts ragesnake.jpg
40KB, 300x337px
>>376314646
>just because of 2-3 over the top cutscenes?
"just"? And no. There's tons of bullshit in TTS:

-You start with maximum HP and ammo cap, instead of "leveling up" after each boss fight.
-the new voice acting and soundtrack suck.
-the new localization sucks ass, and is pretty much direct Jap-to-English shit now.
-The MGS2 controls and moves, in unaltered MGS1 environments and enemy placements = the game becomes piss easy. The bossfights took the biggest hit, since you can now simply snipe them with your handgun.
-The added Dogtag collecting has no purpose at all, unlike in MGS2.
-The cutscenes are way too fucking crazy, being filled with 5 meter 360 double backflips and Matrix slowmotion. Oh, and tons of added "humor", which just ruins the characters and mood.
-To be honest? The Twin Snakes also looks fugly. Everything's just gray and cyan now, ruining the cold and dark industrial mood the original has. And the 3D models look waxy.
>>
File: Versus.jpg (41KB, 396x329px) Image search: [Google]
Versus.jpg
41KB, 396x329px
the new first person view turned the Ocelot fight into a joke
>shoot pipe
>shoot him
>rinse and repeat

the Mantis fight was a little harder though in my opinion
And as over the top as Twin Snakes was, I consider it better than the director's actual movie shit (aside from midnight meat train)
>>
>>376319037
The tantrum Snake throws points the gun is truly amazing
>>
>>376319424
before he points the gun*
>>
>>376318686
>Blindfire was garbage
Guards always walked in straight lines and turned at 90 degree angles, shots are simple to line up unless you're a spastic. You could also try, you know, sneaking instead of killing every guard

>chaff/stun spam was mandatory for certain segments
Wow it's almost as if there were certain sections of the game revolving around different gameplay mechanics to make the game more varied and interesting as you played

>pills were required for any kind of sniping otherwise Snake would have a seizure just hold the PSG1
TTS and MGS2 still have hand trembling, are you retarded?

>Genome Soldiers were more blind than a grandma with cataracts
The limited field of vision can be attributed to the way the cameras worked in different stages within the game. Their vision also increased as harder difficulty levels. Another non-point

>The M9 helped counteract the extended vision
This would be true if the level design was cramped with obstructed sightlines like in MGS2, this isn't the case for MGS1. It was never designed for the M9 or first person view, deal with it

>first person was a QoL change
See above

> it even added corpse mechanics rather than just letting you choke someone out and their body just vanishing
It also just added tons of random lockers all over the game in an attempt to just jam in as many new game mechanics as possible. It added nothing to the gameplay

Feel free to retort with MUH again you fucking reject
>>
>>376314646
I could stand the over the top cutscenes if half of the voice acting wasn't sub-par even without comparing to mgs1

Its not just that I missed the accents, the voice acting is just fucking bad.
>>
>>376319720
You were still required to fire offscreen if you were going to do it.
>hurr if u complain about it then ur just bad at it xD
Not even one line in and I'm wondering why I'm even bothering.
>to make the game more varied and interesting as you played
Didn't realize mashing square constituted as interesting. You must be very easy to please.
>r u retarded xD
It's far less. If you're willing to deal with a little horseshit you can still snipe through it. Nothing quite kills the tension of a sniper duel on the highest difficulty like running out of pills because you forgot you only had two and have to leave to get more right in the middle of it.
>n-n-non-point
Even on the highest difficulty their FoV is fucking pathetic and inorganic. At least in TTS the soldiers were legitimate threats even with the M9.
>d-d-d-d-d-d-d-deal with it, im right ur wrong Dx
And due to their overlapping patrol routes if you tranq one, the whole place is going to get flooded by guards that actually have eyes. If you want to hang around in an area you might as well stick the M9 up your ass.
Aside from the Ocelot fight, which was a joke to begin with, the first person view did nothing to actually harm the other than actually being able to scout the environment.
inb4 muh raven
Both fights were more effective the old way. It opened more options to beat him on both occasions but if you're stupid enough to cry about more options or it being boring doing it that way then that's your problem. You can just not do it that way and save yourself some time.
Hope you enjoyed this pity (You) from me. Feel free to cry at me some more about how you prefer the original and how TTS is "objectively" worse.
>>
>>376318396
They didn't, you are.
>>
>>376314646
I'm hating it because the character models look like ass, the soundtrack was fucking gutted beyond recognition, the voiceover is actually worse, and the first person aiming breaks a few parts of the game.
>>
>>376320586
Not him but you are fucking terrible at arguing and you should be ashamed, not even sure why you bother to be honest.

inb4 you respond with garbage like
>HURR DURR XD
>>
>>376321926
I'm not, I won't be, and I wonder why as well. Neither you or him are worth my time.
>>
>>376320586
This is the quality responses i always love to read
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.