[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got done playing this game and i dont get why people shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 270
Thread images: 38

File: Mmx6box.jpg (628KB, 1002x1019px) Image search: [Google]
Mmx6box.jpg
628KB, 1002x1019px
Just got done playing this game and i dont get why people shit on this game so much

Aside from the bad english translation and the game's fetish with spikes it's pretty much your average megaman game
>>
Did you have problem with the donuts or the giant squares of shit boss?

Did you play on easy?

I like X6 but it could have been so much more
>>
Most people dont like it because of the level desing. They cant dany that OST tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me3Me0jikwE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cvm1aR8FrNg
>>
>>376313524
I didnt change the difficulty before playing so i guess not

I guess playing X7 before this one helped me tolerate the questionable level design
>>
File: Nightmare_snake_sprite.png (36KB, 160x146px) Image search: [Google]
Nightmare_snake_sprite.png
36KB, 160x146px
>>376313391
DERRRNAAA DERRRNA DERNADERNADERNA
>>
Level design was fucking awful.
>>
>>376313680
MAGUMA STREAM
>>
Because people fetishize 4 and it looks like a ROMhack.

X6 is the best PlayStation X game, unfortunately. X4 is the easiest game in the series and 5 has most of X6's problems, even more RNG, more problems of its own, even worse stage design in most cases, and is easier than 6. Casuals are adverse to challenge and fans are turned off by how unpolished it is.

The X series in general is pretty bad, though.
>>
File: msp.jpg (7KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
msp.jpg
7KB, 184x184px
I fuckin love X6.

But the level design is awful. There are many situations where you simply can't progress without getting hit or taking damage. The way some enemies (namely the fucking nightmare squids) function really highlights this. You have things like enemies sitting in spots where you can't hit them taking potshots at you that you can't kill because you don't have a weapon that shoots through walls yet, or it doesn't hit the right angles if you do. Alternatively you DO kill it and then it respawns because you can't get it's soul anyway.

The characters you rescue can be permanently missed if they're transformed by a nightmare, even retrying the level won't bring them back. You miss one and wanna go back for it? Fuckin' hard reset bro.

The unlockable armors/characters are cool, but there are bosses and levels that straight up can't be beat by some of them. Zero will waltz through some of the last levels np, but can't damage one of the last bosses with any of his attacks.

Most of the stage bosses are boring fights with one gimmick that half the time can just be ignored because you do so much damage to them. The boss weapons are mostly trash with a few outliers. Yammark option and the fire sabre are pretty good, everything else is mediocre at best or downright awful (Scaravich, ice block, water blob thing).

The nightmare system adding new gimmicks to levels could be cool, except for the fact that it's unpredictable and turns levels into (sometimes unclearable) shitshows of hazards that make no sense in the level and add to the already poor level design. If the game didn't give you lives hand over fucking fist it'd be nearly impossible.

Music's great though. Some of the stages are really memorable. Story is trash because the series was supposed to end at X4 or X5, but no we got this abortion.
>>
>>376314846
>Metal Shark Player
Why was the "Player" even necessary? that game is a barrel of monkeys
>>
>>376314989
It's a mistranslation from what I understand. Was supposed to be "Prayer", he's some kinda robo gravekeeper.
>>
>>376314846
>Story is trash.
>Bothers to actually create a new antagonist, follows up on X5's balls stupid plot without ceaseless nostalgiawanks, and acknowledges that Sigma is a tired shtick that's gotta go.

It's the only game aside from X2 and X7 that even tries to take the story anywhere. It's no high art, but compared to 4 and 5's trash stories?
>>
>>376315067
>X7
Whoops. Meant X8.
>>
File: 358.jpg (618KB, 1896x2668px) Image search: [Google]
358.jpg
618KB, 1896x2668px
>>376315067
It's trash by most standards, but as far as Megaman X story goes you're right it's not as bad as some of the shit this series has put out.

I was just mad Zero didn't stay dead and go out like a hero desu.
>>
>>376315051
pure playaz
>>
>>376315205
>i was mad Zero didn't stay dead

You mean in like the first three MegaMan X games?
>>
File: goldberg.jpg (18KB, 426x398px) Image search: [Google]
goldberg.jpg
18KB, 426x398px
I think X5 is worse than X6 but I have a heavy anti-Zero bias.
>>
>>376315205
Omega makes more sense if Zero doesn't get torn in half. Zero'sorks a better series, so it works for me.
>>
>>376315067
>Bothers to actually create a new antagonist
Who is X3's Doppler or X2's X-hunters. Don't pretend that X6 is special for doing this.
>follows up on X5's balls stupid plot without ceaseless nostalgiawanks
X6 has plenty of nostalgiawank, anon
>and acknowledges that Sigma is a tired shtick that's gotta go
by shoehorning him into the plot at the very last second

I'm almost starting to think that you haven't actually played the game and decided to be a little contrarian faggot.
>>
>>376315365
X5 being worse is a fair cop.

If you hacked out the Nightmare Effects and squids, X6 would probably be like the third best X game.
>>
File: Zero-mmx.png (122KB, 300x456px) Image search: [Google]
Zero-mmx.png
122KB, 300x456px
>>376315205
>Dies 3 times in the same story
>Still comes back on ZX Advent
Zero is retarded
>>
>>376315067
I think I prefer X2. Without Zero there at the start, you played with the feeling that this was X's time. The enemies specifically being the "X-Hunters" lent weight to how supposedly badass he had become in the months since Zero died. I felt like that could've gone further instead of just having Sigma come back that fast... maybe the re-assemble Zero plot could've been X3 since that game lacked a good story drive.
>>
Someone on the team realized that X4 and 5 were piss easy to the point of spoiling the Mega Man name. So they went out of their way to make X6 brutal by comparison. I dig the effort but a lot of the stuff added just comes off as a total nuisance and borderline NES tier. Most of the stuff is related to Nightmares which turn already difficult stages into total... nightmares. Like MSP's stage is already difficult as it is, until you add enemies who constantly respawn and shoot through walls. Or the spotlights on Yammark's stage. Etc. And then there's just some laughably bad oversights:

>Zero's skill which plummets him to his doom
>Zero being permanently missable
>High Man being fightable without a weapon needed to kill him
>MSP's split path / Gate's lab being uncompletable with naked X

If it wasn't so rushed it'd easily blow every other 32-bit X game out of the water.
>>
>>376314776
X2 is one of the best games ever
>>
File: Kenji inafune.jpg (107KB, 810x544px) Image search: [Google]
Kenji inafune.jpg
107KB, 810x544px
>>376313391

X6 lacked that certain Keiji Inafune "magic touch" that the previous games had.
>>
>>376315458
The X-Hunters were side villains, like Vile, High Max, etc. Doppler was more poorly executed than Gate, imo.

>there's nostalgiawank!
Yeah, even X3 has it. I said it's not ceaseless like in 5.

Not even going to argue that Sigma showing up sucked, my point was the developers seemed to resent that they had to and acknowledged that it sucked.

>YOU DISAGREE WITH MY PERFECT OPINIONS SO YOU'RE A CONTRARIAN DIDN'T EVEN PLAY REEEEEEEEE

shut the fuck up
>>
File: 1430088218234.png (200KB, 662x619px) Image search: [Google]
1430088218234.png
200KB, 662x619px
>>376315643
BIG GLASS TITTIES
>>
>>376315365
imo, X5 is simply bland as fuck despite its initial intention being to end the series. It's not frustrating (aside from the fucking Black Devil), but not very fun either

X6 on the other end has some interesting ideas, but falls flat on its face with piss-poor execution, making it frustrating as fuck.

It basically boils down to whether you prefer boredom or frustration.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl6QM4hUft8
>>
>>376315724
Not gonna disagree.

1 and 2 are damn good. 8 and arguably 6 are just okayish good. The rest are bad for different reasons, as far as I'm concerned.
>>
File: X_Zero_Fake_Thumbnail.png (459KB, 745x425px) Image search: [Google]
X_Zero_Fake_Thumbnail.png
459KB, 745x425px
The great debate.
>>
>>376315724

>>376315724

X2 is the worst one

>level desing is boring
>x armor is shit
>soundtrack is bland and forgetable
>its easy as fuck
>x hunters are a excuse for lack of creativity
>they even reuse a entire stage
>>
>>376316301
>level desing is boring
>x armor is shit
>soundtrack is bland and forgetable
>its easy as fuck
You sure you're not talking about 3?
>>
>>376315672
The entire X series suffers from this problem because the dev team slowly shifted the spotlight from X to Zero

The whole point of introducing him in the first game was to get the ''lmao isnt Zero so cool and better than that fag youre playing XDD" even though X turns out to be stronger than him later on

After X3 they're all Zero games. Hell X isnt even playable in megaman X7 until half of the game and the series is named after him
>>
What is your thoughts on Counter Hunters?
>>
File: inafune smile.jpg (403KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
inafune smile.jpg
403KB, 1280x720px
>>376316501
>The entire X series suffers from this problem because the dev team slowly shifted the spotlight from X to Zero

Think I know the answer...
>>
>>376315802
Fuck you Inafune Zero should have stayed dead after X1
>>
>>376316501
>until half of the game and the series is named after him
You can counter this faggotry by saving all reploids you meet to a certain number, convincing X to stop his sissy fit a bit earlier.
>>
File: HIGH MAX.png (399KB, 507x711px) Image search: [Google]
HIGH MAX.png
399KB, 507x711px
WHAT WAS THE POINT OF HER?!
>>
>>376317332
To put Norio Wakamoto in a Mega Man game.
>>
>>376316217
>Debate
>Guy who's is named after his limitless potential vs faggot with a sword
Zero only stands a chance against vanilla X, give him any upgrades and it's a stomp match lmao
>>
>>376316217
Didnt Zero admit X was stronger than him at some point in the series?
>>
>>376317332
>her
I'm gonna give you a free reply so you can go ahead and explain your reasoning in detail, then I'm gonna laugh at you
>>
>>376316501
X6 focuses back on X, kinda. 4 and 5 are Zero games though, yes, and 7/8 are about Axl.
>>
File: X6.png (36KB, 795x595px) Image search: [Google]
X6.png
36KB, 795x595px
>Commander Yammark
Stage is decent but the searchlight nightmare effect is really stupid. Also the mantis enemies do a shit ton of damage (especially if you like to start with Yammark or do him in the first couple of stages like I do) and respawn for no real reason. Boss fight is also decent I guess.

>Rainy Turtloid
Another halfway decent stage. The acid rain sections are fine for forcing a speedy playstyle, but then the enemies that block shots completely clash with the pace of it. You either have to jump fancily to get around the big enemies or stop and wait for them to lower their guard before you kill them. Boss fight is kind of okay, but it reminds me too much of Nightmare Mother for my liking now that I think about it.

>Shield Sheldon
The laser reflection gimmick is kind of interesting but it gets old fast. Luckily this stage is only like a fourth as long as all the others for some reason. Guess they couldn't be assed to make a second half of the stage.

>Blizzard Wolfang
It's okay up until the falling ice blocks. It forces you to let RNG dictate the pace and it's kind of a buzzkill. At least Zero can somewhat mitigate this with his double jump.

>Blaze Heatnix
Infamous donut fight over and over again. I'm come to hate it a lot less now that I realize charged Anchor weapon just tears right through it, but trying to fight it without that had always been just terrible. It has way too much HP for something you have to fight five times, and so many times there winds up being at least one of the weak points that are hard as hell to try and hit.

>Infinity Mijinion
First half of the stage is a clusterfuck of shit flying everywhere while you try to jump over bottomless holes. The boss fight is incredibly tedious and stupid. Mijinion clones have way more HP than they should and eventually the fight will turn into a big clusterfuck of snot flying everywhere because of them.
>>
File: zelo.png (92KB, 795x591px) Image search: [Google]
zelo.png
92KB, 795x591px
>Metal Shark Player
The crusher concept is interesting, and we've only seen it once (or twice?) before in the franchise. Gotta complain about the retarded Nightmare placement though, like putting them in the walls where you can't hit them, or in such a way that they'll kill a reploid while you're pinned down by the garbage compactor.

>Ground Scaravich
Horrible stage. Completely reliant on RNG for both a heart tank and an armor piece. Almost all, if not all of the possible stage segments in Scaravich's stage are just giant clusterfucks of Nightmares and those brown shit blocks flinging at you the whole time. This seems like a good time to mention that Nightmares have more health than they should. A single charged shot should be enough to destroy one, but it's not.

>Gate 1
Literally impossible for X unless he has two missable parts equipped. The stage itself isn't too bad aside from that (though it does tend towards clusterfucky during the laser potion), but the Hyper Dash/Jumper thing is just retarded. Why? The boss is also stupid, often times choosing to throw out attacks that are nearly unavoidable. Luckily it's not too hard with the charged Anchor weapon, but Zero is out of luck, which is unfortunate because getting through the stage portion is so much more convenient as him.

>Gate 2
Literally impossible for unarmored X unless you use the flame sword exploit thing. Seriously why do they keep making shit so inconvenient for X? The totems are unpleasant but I don't remember much else of the stage. High Max's "weakness" an interesting concept but winds up being a boring boss fight.

>Gate 2 (Part 2)
More crusher shenanigans. Can't complain, I guess. Gate boss fight is, again, an interesting concept that wound up becoming tedious as Gate loves to just fly around chasing you instead of giving you the means to harm him.

>Sigma
Pretty dumb. I do enjoy his retard dialogue here, but the fight itself is really meh.
>>
>>376315970
Why do people dislike 4 again? I fucking love 4 and remember enjoying 5 a fair amount but 6 definitely feels bogged down in bullshit. 1 and 2 are great but 4 is overall more fluid and being able to play as Zero from the start and giving him different boss moves compared to X gives the game some decent replay ability.

Granted I haven't played 5 and 6 since they were out on PS1.

>>376316501
>>376317532
Ain't Zero supposed to be the better fighter overall, with X having some intelligence potential due to Light making him?

Also Megaman Zero 4 is neat, midway playing through it and I really regret only buy MMZ1 when it released.
>>
Idk why but the stages in X6 unnerves me so much. Most of them do. Even the normal version and not the Nightmare version of them.
>>
>>376318419
now share your thoughts on the weapons, armors and such. shadow armor + jumper + dasher + instant charge is broken beyond all belief and even makes "impossible" segments in stages like gate 2 passable, making xtreme mode a breeze overall. the very edge of a charged slash also has the rainy turtloid weapon effect, letting him attack high max with no problem, which is pure genius coming from a game with so many bad decisions in it
>>
>>376315970
Fuck outta here boy. X1-5 are good at the worst.
>>
File: 1493063086308.jpg (40KB, 490x429px) Image search: [Google]
1493063086308.jpg
40KB, 490x429px
>>376315548
if you hacked out the squids every other stage would be fucking empty on extreme
or literally empty in scarvitch's case
>>
>tfw megaman is dead

MEGAMIZE ME
>>
>>376318919
I can agree with this, I've beaten all of them but X2 and they're all fairly enjoyable. the PS1 games catch too much hate and I think they control better than the SNES games

>>376315548
>>376315365
What's wrong with X5?
>>
File: bald villain can't be a badas-.jpg (221KB, 745x988px) Image search: [Google]
bald villain can't be a badas-.jpg
221KB, 745x988px
X5 might be a worst series but it had best Sigma
>>
>>376318540
Stages are too short and the "acts" are retarded kills the action.
>health is low one hit will kill you
>change act, loading
>health is full again
Meh.
>>
>>376318540
not with the ultimate armor
>>
>>376319263
>8 Mega Man X games
>4 Mega Man Zero games
>2 Mega Man Xtreme games
>2 Mega Man ZX games

There really doesn't need to be more, though I really like how the story spans some ungodly amount of years. I also like the fan theory that Legends takes place after all of them, due to the ancient robot tech and humans being refereed to as "carbons"
>>
>>376319968

I think we could do with one more ZX game.

Sure the plot was stupid but that doesn't change the fact that there was a cliffhanger.
>>
>>376319968
Its not a fan theory, legends is at the end of the timeline.
>>
>>376313391
>and i dont get why people shit on this game so much
Really?
>>
>>376315709

>>Zero's skill which plummets him to his doom
This was always funny to me.
>Zero has a move that lets him spin, staying up in the air. This input is down + attack
>Zero has a move which lets him dive, and it can't be cancelled. The input is up + attack
I mean holy shit this game is unpolished. It's really comical yet I can't help but love it
>>
>HideofBeast

Has anyone suffered more than he has?
>>
>>376319716
Huh, maybe I should replay X4 and see how it holds up, I replayed it like 5 years ago but remember fuck all of it.

>>376320040
Was that confirmed at all? I mean, it makes sense what with Legends story and how some enemies in Z have that big reverbot eye.
>>
>>376318558
What else unnverves you?
>>
>>376313391
>mfw it's the only Megaman game i own and played outside Battle Network 1
>>
>Played every Megaman
>Only MMZ, BN and SF are finished in terms of story
>Others will never ever be finished especially X series
>>
>>376318540
4 has really bad level design (several stages are almost lines) and is also piss easy. After a few plays it's hard to come back to when even X1 and 2 were more challenging while simultaneously having better stages, and Zero plays better in his own series. The only appeal is a Zero with the very specific controls he had in 4-6, and despite the bullshit 6 is a better playground for that control scheme.
>>
>>376314105
the only game where ultimate x is ok to cheat for

just spam the nova attack and get these niggas outta the way
>>
>>376313680
X6 is what happens when you put almost all of your budget in the soundtrack

12/10 soundtrack
4/10 game
>>
>>376313391
because its gimmicky crap
>>
How would you fix X6, /v/?
>>
>>376324681

Keep the music
Keep the armors
Remake every single level
>>
>>376324681
No donuts. Less spikes. X is useful without the ultimate armor.
>>
BURN TO THE GROUND
>>
>>376319412
>What's wrong with X5?
Probably the RNG.
>>
>>376313391
>shit level design
>shit weapons
>shit bosses
>it is possible for the reploids that have the skills you need to beat the game to permanently die
That's why. X5 gets shit for that ~5% of failure involving the shuttle even if you do everything right but at least the actual game is great aside from that. X6 is just nonsense aside from the OST.
>>
>>376318259
>Blaze Heatnix
Zero with shot eraser and the spinny attack (on the ground) pretty much trivalizes the level after the first donut.

It's a better concept than many people seem to give it credit for; a level whose theme is a recurring enemy fought in several different ways isn't inherently a bad idea. It's just that you were put against it one or two too many times and there weren't enough regular platforming sections to balance it out.

Kind of serves as a microcosm of the game, honestly. The game is still sort of fun though, I play it every once in a while. Also X5 is great, I don't care what anyone says.
>>
>>376325356
>>376325420

The RNG is a non-issue, save scumming trivialises it.
>>
>>376325684
the problem is with the execution not the idea
that donut is one of the worst enemies created
>>
>>376315724
gonna have to disagree senpai, x2 is fucking terrible, or at least the one in the series I like the least considering x7 doesn't exist, of course
>>
hideofbeast's videos do a pretty good job explaining the poor design of x6's levels

youtube.com/watch?v=yl6QM4hUft8
>>
>>376325769
Save scumming isn't fun.

And if you're just unlucky, prepare to reset three times even though you've done everything to boost success as high as it can get, or maybe you just don't realize that part of the game exists because fucking RNG until you look it up after a decade.
>>
>>376319412
>What's wrong with X5?
One among them is the fact that i have to kill myself to equip the ultimate armor after reaching its capsule.
>>
>>376322935
Play the other games.

>>376323678
Yeah, X4 stages are definitely linear as all hell. The Zero series itself doesn't get enough love, they're all really goddamn good games.
>>
>>376316839
He planned to fix that with an MHX series, but that got fucked by being on the psp.
>>
>>376326502
But everyone in Japan had a PSP because Monster Hunter was on it.
>>
>armors let you tank hits instead of not getting hit like you're fucking supposed to
>which, in this bullshit game, is good, because they can't attack for shit
>the Nightmare effects being unfinished per interviews
>Hi-Max only hurt by fire weapon
>the Sigma Stage where you MUST equip Jumper
>etc.

If it wasn't super-obvious that the game is shit on so many levels, you haven't done your fucking homework.
>>
>>376326829

>>Hi-Max only hurt by fire weapon
Did you even play the game
>>
>X was wasted because Inafucking was busy sucking his own dick via Zero
>>
>>376314776
Hi Cyberdemon.
>>
>>376326829
>armors let you tank hits instead of not getting hit like you're fucking supposed to
That also describes 3 and 5
>>
>>376323678
Is linear stages in X4 inherently bad? I never really remember having an issue with them.

Also the level design in Zero 4 is really good, just sayin
>>
>>376327629
Who the fuck is Cyberdemon and why do they matter?
>>
>>376327918
she's the mega man x6 speedrun (real time) WORLD RECORD holder so she's kind of a big deal
>>
I think we can all agree the big issue with X6 is the fucking balancing. Everything is either super useless, or super fucking broken making useless shit already further useless. There's a lot of ways to break the game or become near unstoppable, which is fun, don't get me wrong, but there's not as much challenge to, say, having a bunch of parts that make your buster an absolute shit fucker, vs actually getting into fights with different weapons and abilities. I have more fun fighting with my head and dodging things than I do just holding shoot, then firing a death shot or some gay shit like that.

For fuck's sake there's a part in the game that makes all of your fired shots the fully charged ones. I think there was another X game that had that too, possibly 5? Whichever one it is, this shit isn't fun whatsoever, it's just lame and takes the challenge and skill out of the game.

>>376327918
Some loser faggot who no longer holds any world records for X6, who repeatedly scans twitter, youtube, and any other website for negative mentions of X6 to vehemently defend it like it's his child.
>>
>>376326829
Huh.
>>
>>376319968
>8 Mega Man X games
>4 Mega Man Zero games
>2 Mega Man Xtreme games
That all comes out to about 14 hours of play time though. Yes there are a lot of Mega Man games, but they're so short that we would really like some more. They were never particularly high effort or investment anyway.

>spoiler
Not a fan theory, it's confirmed. Also the carbons aren't humans per se.
>>
>>376328045
Well, that's nice for her, I guess.
I'm just saying, the X series has the worst batting average of the whole Mega Man franchise (bar Starforce). It has more boring/bad games than good and even the better ones tend to be unpolished or have bad design sense. Classic and Zero really make it look like a joke.
>>
>>376328183
I'm assuming the carbons were just Reploid Human hybrids that survived on earth and kind of repopulated everything, with the reaver bots and the older robots being

Either way, I really love how the series spans such a giant time gap.

>>376328289
The Zero series is underrated. The fact that Zero's sword finally gets a charge ability still makes me incredibly happy.
>>
>>376328963
>underrated
What are you talking about? It gets jerked off all the time even though X is better.
>>
>>376324681
More enemy variety
>>
>>376329141
I see infinitly more people talk about X than Zero, even just on /v/ alone. X1 is still a staple mega man talking game, while the rest are seen as fairly niche spin offs.

Also how is X better than Zero?
>>
>>376329141
X1 is better. Possibly 2 as well, 8 if you're a real fucking diehard for it.
The rest? Fuck no. You're insane if you think the other X games are comparable.
>>
>>376329534
See >>376329660
And popularity doesn't necessarily relate to quality.
I believe they're overall more solid in gameplay and design, except for X3, X6, and X7. Zero also never got any dank voice acting.
>>
>>376327039
Is there some other one that works? I tried a few others but never bothered to see if there were more, because limiting what weapons work AT ALL is bad enough.

>>376327637
Which are known for being exemplary X games. Sarcasm.

>>376328169
>giving the player nigh invincibility
Fucking retarded namefags, as usual.
>>
>>376329965

IIRC all boss weapons work.

Good look getting the shield weapon to do any damage though.
>>
>>376329836
>WalkInAStraightFuckingLine4
>better design

Listen, X4 is a fun game, but fuck off with that shit.
>>
>>376329836
That's fairly agreeable, but Zero definitely does some things better than X. Having a multitude of weapons and being able to carry two at the same time is really awesome, and I feel like the Zero series has better bosses overall.

Magma Dragoon is still the GOAT boss though
>>
>>376329660
Zero is a fucking shit series on the basis of its art style and using Ranking alone, and that's well before we get into shit like the camera and other technical failures.

Why are we having these fucking discussions? We established what's good and what's bad YEARS ago.

Are you all fucking newfag children that don't know shit about videogames? Parading around your lack of knowledge (see: opinion) as facts?

Because I don't have time for that shit.
>>
>>376330168
As well as weapons having unique charge attacks to them, but having to get decent rankings in the first few games is really annoying. The weather system to get EX moves is a much better system.
>>
>>376330024
No, I used several (though not all), and none of them worked on mid-stage Hi-Max except for fire.
>>
>>376329965
>giving the player nigh invincibility
I still don't know what you're talking about.

Every single X armor reduces damage. Exceptions are shit like Gold armor which ups the normal damage reduction to 75%.
>>
>>376313680
Oh, fuck i heard the READY
>>
>>376330250

>Zero is a fucking shit series on the basis of its art style
Maximum pleb
>>
>>376329836
Z2's intro stage is probably the best in the entire franchise.
>>
>>376330250
>It looks bad and I suck, so it's bad. :(
Literally git gud.
>>
>>376330250
Zero series still has the best boss designs son, Zero's design itself is kinda shit due to the diaper but Zero has never had a good design so I guess that evens out.

>We established what's good and what's bad YEARS ago.

I've never seen MMZ discussed negatively here ever, granted the series is very niche and doesn't get a ton of threads.

>and that's well before we get into shit like the camera and other technical failures.

Emulate it, the sprite sizes are fine as is.
>>
>>376313391
It's a low-budget, underwhelming title that just made things muddier after X5, which was already kinda pretty average and subpar compared to X4. It doesn't even really contribute anything to the series besides rendering Zero's death meaningless again. Combine that with level design that gets pretty ridiculous and the poorly-explained Nightmare Effects system and the game can quickly become a chore - especially if you're a 100% completionist who realizes one Reploid died.
>>
>>376330802

As much as I love the Zero games, the camera is a serious issue. Zero's sprite looks great but it's also far too big.
>>
>>376330802
Zero's X3-x6 design was good
>>
File: 1493356626661.png (91KB, 979x349px) Image search: [Google]
1493356626661.png
91KB, 979x349px
>>376325887
hideofbeast is GOAT, it's a shame he vanished. I would have liked to have seen those Legends or ZX runs he talked about.
>>
>>376331148
Boob lights will always be bad man. Some of his elements are really cool, but some are just fucking awful.
>>
>>376331162
>it's a shame he vanished
Any youtuber that vanishes is a blessing upon this world
>>
>>376313391
Its a fucking F2P game
Same design
>cheap game
>Easy death so people can buy lives
>good music and good content to make people continue
Stil one of my favorites X games
>>
>>376332464
You've just described basically every Mega Man game.
>>
X6 is hot garbage, especially coming after the GOAT duo of X4 and X5.
>>
>>376332673
>X5
>GOAT

Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft
>>
>>376332631
Mega Man games aren't usually cheap. They introduce you to deathly obstacles in low-pressure situations before ramping it up, and typically they only really get bullshit with late game stuff once you start getting pattern recognition down. Unless it's the Boobeam Trap from 2.

But then games like X6 and Mega Man & Bass come along to fuck you in the mouth.
>>
>>376332631
X4 and 5 are not cheap like X6
>5 FUCKING DONUTS
>Literally 0 IA
>Cheap mavericks everywhere
>>
>>376332856
MM&B and X5 to X7 were spearheaded by the same guy.
>>
>>376332864
Electric Squid or TECH KRAKEN's stage begs to differ. Half the stage is pretty much pure suffering if you aren't good at the ride chaser bike, and even then it's real damn precise. And this isn't even getting into if you're gunning for the armor piece.

Also the entire bait trap of choosing Zero if you plan to use X as well. Outside of getting the Ultimate Armor in the endgame, Unarmored X is so godawful for a game designed with either the armors or Zero's mobility in mind that an unpolished but meh game becomes fucking infuriating.
>>
>>376332783
X5 is one of the best MM games.
>>
File: 1319071814800.jpg (171KB, 764x781px) Image search: [Google]
1319071814800.jpg
171KB, 764x781px
>>376333913
>wait, you're serious
>let me laugh even harder
>>
>>376316217
X, because I'm kinda sick of Zero and the X games have legit unrealized potential
>>
>>376334523

X8 does.
>>
>>376317714
In X1 and in X6.
>>
>>376313391
9>4>7>10>5>3>2>1>6>MM&B>8

X1>X8>X4>X3>X2>X6>X5>X7

Prove me wrong
>>
>>376334762
Get the fuck out of my house you human garbage.
>>
>>376334119
Of course I'm serious.
>>
>>376334762
>X3>X2
But why?
>>
>>376334762

>9>4 > all
Patrician
>7 > anything
Plebian
>>
>>376316693
Goofy designs, but I wouldn't change them. I'd want to see the intended 4th female X-Hunter that was cut due to space, and have black Zero replaced with X-Kai.
>>
>>376317332
MOODADA
>>
>>376335128
because X3 had a better OST and Mavericks

>>376335147
>7 is bad meme
>>
Not that anon but not a bad list. 7 gets shit for no reason, especially. X8 is way too high up though.

>>376335128
Why not? X2 began to introduce lame boss fights like Wheel Gator who feels like the prom queen who can't be arsed to come out of his fucking room, what a BS boss fight. If you don't rape Snail with the Magnet Mine it's drawn out as well.

The air dash and the "water jump" are also terrible upgrades. The water jump is literally making "use" of a glitch in the engine trying to make it a feature. It was even meant to be what the boot parts did, and that'd be even worse than making it what it'd do as opposed to a throw-away to get one upgrade in the water level.

Air dash itself felt like I was playing those bootlegs of Street Fighter II you had everywhere, the "Rainbow Edition", where they just took something that could be executed in the ground and glitched it to allow you to do it mid-air.

X2's soundtrack was also a steep drop from X1's. X3's is just functional, X2's way too samey and high pitched.

X2 does have a bitching armor design though.
>>
File: 1489174747685.jpg (8KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1489174747685.jpg
8KB, 250x250px
>>376335391
>x3 had better music than x2, which has best the music the series
>>
File: 1477114428011.jpg (67KB, 540x607px) Image search: [Google]
1477114428011.jpg
67KB, 540x607px
>>376335502
>x2 which has the best music in the series
Name one good theme that's not Flame Stag
>>
>>376334762
X4 = X5 > X3 > X8 > X2 > X1 > X6 = X7
>>
>>376335751
Not him, but off the top of my head the intro is rad as fuck and Bubble Crab is good too.

I played X3 recently and not a single theme except maybe the first level stuck out. What are some good themes in that one?
>>
>>376335751
How about I name 7?

X-hunter stage 1
Zero
Bubble Crab
Crystal Snail
Magna Centipede
Opening
Opening stage

X3 has some outstanding tracks like Zero and Vile, but it overall fairs in comparison
>>
>>376334762
Been a long time since I played the original MM games but I remember really liking 7.
As for X
1>2=5>4>3>6>7
Never played 8 after 7 BURN-BURNED me.
>>
>>376335391
But X3 has some of the weakest tracks.

Actually let me more clear the main issue is that most of them sound like fucking ass on the SNES sound chip. Even the PS1/Saturn/PC remixes sounds weak. I get what kind of music they were going for but they fucked up.

>>376335458
Yeah I know. X2 has some the more shit X bosses in the series.

>water jump
Okay I can't defend that either. It's BS. I still liked the air dash however.

And at the end of the day I still liked X2 more then X3. X3 was honestly kind of a chore to play though again.
>>
>>376335751
Not him but I'll give you 3
https://youtu.be/9KeDjMxmUPw
https://youtu.be/pegGLiQknO0
https://youtu.be/ZGXAlB-krYc
>>
>>376335907
>X1 is bottom three
That's a nice objectively wrong list

>>376336030
You literally couldn't move two steps in the internet without bumping on a Gravity Beetle circa 1998.

Besides that:
- Neon Tiger
- Vile's theme
- Crush Crawfish
- Doppler Stage 1
- Doppler Stage Boss
- Sigma 1
- Credits
>>
>>376336331

Neon Tiger is fucking garbage. Almost Tunnel Rhino-tier.
>>
>>376336331
Meant
>a Gravity Beetle MIDI
my bad.
>>
>>376336074
X8 is was way better than it should've been after the shit that x5-x7 so of course it's remembered as being great

also not a single game after x4 had more than 3 great Mavericks which was a shame
>>
File: 1390064081203.jpg (34KB, 252x233px) Image search: [Google]
1390064081203.jpg
34KB, 252x233px
>>376335391
>>376335502
>>376335751
Children please, everyone knows X4 had the best music in the X series.
>>
>>376335391
>7 is good meme
Boy I love gigantic sprites, cramped screens, Rush Search for the fucking Exit Stage option, the Super Downgrade, and one of the shittiest Wily Castles ever designed.
>>
>>376328963
Honestly I enjoy charging shots more than swords. Too bad they're small as dicks in MMZ.
>>
>>376336586
I really enjoyed most of the mavericks in X5 for whatever reason. I also thought Dynamo was tight as fuck.
>>
>>376313391

The level design is a special kind of dodgy where it's sometimes so batshit insane that you can't help but admire the stupidity of it all. Personally I'm a fan of X6 and have been since I first played it but when you see shit like the acid rain and headlights of Rainy Turtloid's level, the donuts of despair on Blaze Heatnix's level, that one jump in Commander Yammark's level (you know the one), ending up against High Max when you don't have the weapon to hurt him, or going through the Gate stages using not Shadow Armor X it's like "Oh God, what even is this?". Maybe it's self-imposed schadenfreude but I like it.
>>
>>376335751
Intro Stage, probably one of the most iconic tunes in the series.
>>
>>376336586
>X8 is was way better than it should've been after the shit that x5-x7 so of course it's remembered as being great

This is true.

X8 is just serviceable, if that much. Since it came after a series of long misfires it's perceived to be better than it is.

Same deal goes for Xtreme 2. A fundamentally broken game that lets you purchase armor if you lock yourself out of the things that would let you get all armor parts and focused on purchasing shit to win as opposed to learning patterns to win (get all the Buster upgrades? The result is that you will just need to fire UNCHARGED SHOTS to win because they'll do as much damage as the charged shot WITH NO INVINCIBILITY FRAMES).

They absolutely botched dashing as well. The game constantly crams you into constrained platforming segments where you need to wall jump constantly, but sooner or later the game will register you as not trying to wall kick and the second jump press will make you air dash and fall to your death.

>>376336724
>Boy I love gigantic sprites, cramped screens
Literally rediscovered 7 the past week and never had this issue ever.

Stop wanting everything to conform to the aspect ratio of the NES. 7 works really damn well on its own.
>>
>>376336739
>>376336739
buster is a handgun in the zero series
Awful. Just awful
>>
>>376336612
I love storm owl and cyber peacocks theme so much
>>
>>376336879

X3's Intro Stage is better.
>>
>>376316402
Fuck you i love 3
>>
File: 1239844408953.png (34KB, 433x648px) Image search: [Google]
1239844408953.png
34KB, 433x648px
>>376313391
the game legit wasn't finished

-levels weren't finished and at many times copy paste the same enemies or have massive filler
-boss ai patterns weren't finished, making some of them a complete joke
-it has some engine issues with not scrolling the screen properly, so there are some "death jumps"

also just a heads up for everyone, a guy is fixing x5 through hacking. fixing x6 would be hella hard though.
>>
>>376336331
my choices

Opening stage
Zero
Gravity Beetle
Neon Tiger
Vile
Credits

The rest is by no means bad, but quite forgettable. It's just that same deepish loop over and over again.

>>376336612
Opening stage
Zero
Gravity Beetle
Cyber Peacock
Neon Tiger
Vile

Close but no banana.
>>
>>376336586

I never played X7 but I was shocked at how competent X8 was. Hardly a top tier entry but it's probably the best game in the back half of the series, Manowar's stage notwithstanding.
>>
>>376334762
X1 > X2 > X8 > X6 > X4 > X5 > X3 > Mighty No. 9 > X7
>>
>>376329534
>I see infinitly more people talk about X than Zero, even just on /v/ alone

Sure. More to talk about.
>>
>>376336331
X1 can't compete with the later releases.
>>
>>376337083
Shit, I meant these for x4

Opening stage Zero
Storm Owl
Slash Beast
Cyber Peacock
Frost Walrus stage 2
>>
>>376336951
The first five seconds are better.
The rest of the song is generic and boring.
>>
>Blaze Heatnix
>GEISHA GEISHA GEISHA GEISHA
>Gate is literally immune to everything and the fight takes like 20 minutes
>NIGHTMARE MOTHER FUCK THAT BITCH
>DESBO DESBO DESBO DESBO DESBO DESBO DESBO

And so on and so forth

I still love the game though
>>
>>376337217
>forgetting Sigma 2ndwhich is also the 2nd best Sigma theme next to X6's
>forgetting Double
>forgetting Jet Stingray
>>
>>376335751
>X2 has a FUCKING SPONGE in their boss roster
>best in the series

Nigger please.
>>
File: 14378893_p2.png (15KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
14378893_p2.png
15KB, 400x400px
>>376337180
Yes yes of course
>>
>>376336898
>Stop wanting everything to conform to the aspect ratio of the NES. 7 works really damn well on its own.
You'd have a point if 8 wasn't one of my favorite Classic entries alongside 2 and 9. 7's just annoying as hell.
>>
>>376337393
>Those hips

why roll wannabes are so hot
>>
>>376337351
>forgetting Sigma 2ndwhich is also the 2nd best Sigma theme next to X6's
Mein negger

I wish more games had that industrial feel of X4's OST. It was composed by the same guy who did Demon's Crest, he knows a thing or four about atmosphere.

X4's last boss theme just seems to spell "THIS IS THE END OF THE WORLD, MOTHERFUCKER".

>>376337413
>You'd have a point if 8 wasn't one of my favorite Classic entries
I'm honestly glad to hear that. Seriously.

Every other time I heard people complain about 7 they didn't bring up any actual complaint besides "n-not muh 8-bit" and threw a fit (and of course threw in that 8 sucked too for whatever reason it was).

I didn't have any issues with 7 myself, the sprite ratio seemed to adapt very well to the screen, and I thought the learning curve was just right - about the last time I was getting my shit kicked in I'd learn the boss pattern.

As someone who was rediscovering/replaying the series and wading through the sea of crap that was the X5 to X8 era including the Xtreme games, this was a fucking oasis of solid gold.
>>
File: Concerned Battletoad.jpg (28KB, 325x222px) Image search: [Google]
Concerned Battletoad.jpg
28KB, 325x222px
>>376337413
>liking 8 but hating 7 when 7 had better robot masters(Spring Man/Clown man cancel each other out),themes, and weapons
>>
>>376337393
Alia only got fans after X8 where her design got changed and her image of being a cunt that interrupts you during gameplay was long gone.
>>
>>376330168
That's fair. Having different weapons you can dual-wield was cool, but a game designed around that ultimately asks more from the player than simply switching between weapons. The X games started to do this with the PlayStation games, but I felt like it was a mostly overlooked mechanic. If you switch to a boss weapon, you're more likely to focus on that than realize you can still use your buster with the other button. It's convenient in a sense, but now you have to deal with more buttons.

In the end it boiled down to Zero just having the Z Knuckle in Z4, for whatever reason, and that was cool in it's own right for expanding on the weapon stealing aspect of Mega Man.
>>
>>376337351
Not a fan of the first, but it kinda fits for Sigma.

Second one is just don't like at all.

Third one is just remix of Storm owl.
>>
File: 22686783.jpg (211KB, 480x840px) Image search: [Google]
22686783.jpg
211KB, 480x840px
>>376337730
Tomboy Alia is for sophisticated gentlemen such as myself.

But her unskippable text prompts in X5 alone are reason enough to place the game at the bottom tier.
>>
>Mega Man 3
>get to final boss
>requires you to have Top Spin energy to kill the final version of the final boss

Fuck you, how can anyone enjoy these games?
>>
File: 1481252763131.jpg (237KB, 348x858px) Image search: [Google]
1481252763131.jpg
237KB, 348x858px
>>376337730
It worked.
>>
>>376330495
X2's is still my favorite, despite being shorter and less challenging.
>>
>>376337915

same thing happened with bubble lead in MM2
>>
>>376314846
So why do you love X6? Sounds pretty shit from how you described it.
>>
>>376334619
I mean the SNES games mostly, but yeah sure.
>>
>>376337915
Snake Search also damages him though.
>>
>>376337915
top spin is a glitchy method of killing the final boss easily, anon; search snake is the normal weakness
do you even use top spin
>>
>>376337563
She's like seven feet tall or something.
>>
>>376337635
It's not that it isn't the 8-bit proportions in that he's such a big fucking hitbox. The square hitbox works when you're tiny, but 7 is zoomed the fuck up so he's taking up more screen real estate and the screen itself is just more cramped in general. 8 got it right with the rectangular hitbox as it lent itself to a more zoomed out camera than in 7.

The overall design of 7 just bugs me too. Junkman and Turboman's stages just kinda run together, for example, and it didn't seem like they found a good middle ground between Classic' s heavy room focus and X' s fast paced scrolling, so they just came off like slow, easy X levels.
>>
>>376338032

I don't really know what else can be done with SNES style X.

X6 and X8 on the other hand had some amazing mechanics that were completely squandered in garbage levels.
>>
>>376337996

That was shitty as fuck as well.
>>
>>376338131
>I CAN DIE FOR SNOO SNOO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p0DAz_30qQ

YES
>>
>>376338065
>>376338098

During the last phase?
>>
>>376337293
>Nightmare mother
Almost impossible with Shadow Armor and Zero, holly fuck
>>
>>376313391
Can we all agree anyone that says their favorite mega games are 2/XI is a fucking pleb?
>>
>>376338389

git gud
>>
>>376338131
Huh? I thought Alia was as tall as X and he barely reaches Ryu's shoulder, and Ryu is quite the shorty himself.
>>
>>376338295
yes
Search Snake is the standard weakness for the final phase of Gamma, and meant to be the only way to really hurt him since even the Buster is useless.

but if you use Top Spin just right, it instant-kills Gamma; normally the Top Spin is inefficient but clever use can actually buzzsaw some enemies down. the programmers, in MM3's rushed state, forgot to make it play nice with Gamma's final form, and a Top Spin just eats all of the boss health in a single go, trivializing the final form.
>>
>>376338295
Yes.

>>376338178
I felt it did a good job at reworking itself to the screen size myself. I don't know if I'd call 'slow, easy' X levels a bad thing because they still pushed my shit in now and then like the Slash Man platforming settings. I thought it was a really ideal level of challenge, personally.

And one of the things I really love about 7 is how expansive it feels. There's a whole lot to collect, the Proto Man fight's great (though the Turbo Man spot to find him IS bullshit) and the background/weapon interaction is a thing of beauty. No lame "use weapon break box", but actual interaction like burning trees and turning generators on.
>>
How do you not take damage from Gemini Man in Mega Man 3? I know you can quickly kill him with Snake Man's weapon, but is it doable without energy tanks and only with default weapon?
>>
File: Repliforce.png (248KB, 1285x673px) Image search: [Google]
Repliforce.png
248KB, 1285x673px
name one (1) thing they did wrong
>>
X4 was competent but too easy, so they tried to compensate for that but making X5 a fucking drag and X6 a spike bukkake. Between the two I'd say X6 is somehow the better game despite being worse at first glance.
>>
>>376338535
Exist.
>>
>>376337715
Clown Man > Spring Man
GRENADE MAN > Burst Man
Search Man > Slash Man
Tengu Man > everyone
Frost Man = Freeze Man
Astro Man > Cloud Man

Sword and Aqua suck though, you're not wrong.
>>
>>376337635
Speaking of composers, who did X6's?

That sigma 2nd in it is the most metal shit in the whole series
>>
>>376338535

Not come with X/Zero for questioning
>>
>>376338535
split mushroom
>>
>>376338535
got cucked by Sigma
>>
>>376338513
I love its level of polish.
I hate the actual stages and gameplay.

Like, Spring Man's level is so novel...but also boring. Shade Man's level is beautiful and packed with details and Easter Eggs...but it's a drag to play.
>>
>>376338589
The same guy who did X5 to X8, though in X8 he was partnered with someone else (which I guess did more of the work instead). I'm surprised it was the same person who turned out such a turd like X7's, where there's about 3 noteworthy themes.

X8 isn't bad but it feels like it's trying too hard to be SNes which just felt like a major downgrade to me. X4 to 6 had that feel you couldn't just up and do them right in 16-bit. X8 felt you could, full stop, what with the vehicle levels being dehydrated Mode-7 segments if you go out there, and the soundtrack just sounded like not even much above the SNes sound capacities.
>>
>>376338535
>Hey you guys are getting a bit racist towards us, so we gonna chill out over there
>Huh, you want us to come for interrogation? FUCK YOU, YOU CIS BLUE ROBOT WE UR OWN NATION AND ARMY. MECHA WAR NOW

Such a stupid misunderstanding
>>
>>376338589
Naoto Tanaka. Who worked on X7 (With some others) And X8.
>>
File: latest.jpg (326KB, 620x788px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
326KB, 620x788px
>>376337383
>Wire Sponge

Looks more like a vine or a goard. Pretty inventive so early on. Why would a sponge use sharp vine whips or control lightning?
>>
Mega Man 7 was just sorta there. It did evolve the Classic series design in neat ways, but compared to X1 at the time which just sorta blazes in and rocks your shit, 7 was honestly kinda bland.

You know, besides the Wily Machine. Jesus holy mother of fuck. The only things I can think of that make me more angry in Classic are the machine in 8 due to no E-Tanks, and MM&B as a whole.
>>
>>376338535
Jet Stingray
>When the coup began, as a diversion he attacked a city's underground power station creating chaos to draw in the Maverick Hunters.
>>
>>376338839

X7's music is actually pretty good.
>Intro Stage
>Tornado Tonion
>Vanishing Gungaroo
>Sigma 1
I wouldn't go seek it out, but it was nice. It's not like X3 where some songs were just outright unpleasant.
>>
>>376338563

I liken X5 and X6 to Resident Evil 5/6 - the former is technically more competent but far more boring, while the latter is dumb as all hell across the board and conventionally awful but at least is perversely fun in the process.
>>
>>376338197
Just think of all the things that X3 did poorly, for starters, like the Ride Armors and the buster upgrade, for starters.
>>
>>376338535

Made Iris sad.
>>
>>376339038
Then that would make X8 the RE:7 of the series- a change back to the old roots of what made the game series popular but with a modern twist on it
>>
>>376338951
MM7 is okay. But yes. It's pretty average. I remember liking it way more more years ago however.
>>
>>376338876
I only had the japanese version available to me growing up, and I always wondered what the fuck was going on.

When I played the translated version and saw people were just being morons I was kinda dumbfounded. Moreso when Inafune said that lent "moral leeway" to the story, as opposed to just being stupid.

>>376338951
I think the issue was that the new generation of players who came around when Nintendo showed up were growing up so MMX was naturally much more attractive. Hell, I remember being on rental stores and people not giving a crap about 7 or 8 for that very reason (the designs were family friendly, you had less abilities overall, the works).

I think 9 was so well received because they managed to catch wind of that and subvert it to work it in their favor, where people would now be willing to look more fondly on a more all-ages approach than complex gameplay and grim and gritty settings.

>>376339004
Sigma 1 is basically one of my three tracks though I forget the others. Still, I hear stuff like the "graveyeard" boss refight theme and it sounds like King Missed Opportunity.
>>
>>376339207

And also only merely decent compared to the sincere classics but yeah, that works.
>>
File: 1480921097998.jpg (15KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1480921097998.jpg
15KB, 320x240px
>>376338535
>>
>>376339038
>perversely fun
Such a good way of describing X6. I get a kick out of playing it even though I know it's awful. It's a weird masochistic thing.
>>
>>376338535

X4's plot isn't actually all that bad honestly, people get too hung about the Sky Lagoon thing. The aftermath of Sky Lagoon merely showed the world that Repliforce was entirely unwilling to yield to the demands of the Maverick Hunters and humanity. The real conflict is obeying humans/co-existence vs robotic autonomy/possible dominance, a concept that's closer to the series concept than "dude virus lol".
>>
File: MMX8Layer.png (176KB, 484x500px) Image search: [Google]
MMX8Layer.png
176KB, 484x500px
Would you?
>>
>>376339442

She's my first pick as far as navigators go, I suppose.
>>
>>376339442
i would gladly sniff those underboobs
>>
>>376339000
You mean he destroyed the city and escaped to the sea.
>>
File: x4 plot summary.jpg (282KB, 1009x1280px) Image search: [Google]
x4 plot summary.jpg
282KB, 1009x1280px
>>376339398
It is indeed all that bad.
>>
File: rockday_x_layer.jpg (135KB, 560x972px) Image search: [Google]
rockday_x_layer.jpg
135KB, 560x972px
>>376339442
Sure.
>>
>>376339360
I don't think it's masochistic, but I like to put it on terms with a Spider-Man movie analogy.

Spider-Man 2 is a much better crafted film than Spider-Man 3 where everything is airtight and works. Spider-Man 3 though is dumb fun, even if it's overbloated and fraught with flaws. Where Spider-Man 2 was more than a bit melodramatic, 3 "compensated" by just throwing cool shit at the screen.

X6 is more or less that. It's absolutely representative of the state the franchise was in with Capcom's B-Team trying to churn whatever while Inafune focused on Legends and MMZ. But unlike unskippable text prompts all the time in X5, even if this thing is utterly broken and you get locked out of exiting stages with 9 lives because you can't hit High Max, you can ACTUALLY PLAY IT.

And they bothered to make cosmetic improvements that amped up the fun factor like adding the small polygonal slash effects when you hit someone with the saber as well as revamping almost ALL of the sound effects.

It's fun. It's broken as fuck, but it's approachable to be fun. And since you are not MANDATED to skip text prompts and cutscenes like in Xtreme 1, X5 and Xtreme 2, you can actually just say "I want to replay this crap right now, not be forced to look at LORE I already know".
>>
>>376339602

At least the Zero vs. Sigma cutscene was pretty hype. I mean, for kid me it was anyways.
>>
>>376339038
Both are cases of rushed production where cool ideas and good principles are compromised by bad decisions.

It's a good game marred by flaws, which is better than a boring but polished game.
>>
>>376338919
>While Wire Sponge is named after a sponge (technically an animal) outside Japan, his design and original name is derived from "hechima", Japanese for luffa, a vine plant that produces a cucumber like vegetable that is dried and sold to be used as a cleaning sponge.

classic burger translation work

What comes to the lighting, the place where is literally called "Weather control" and you being able to control the weather with orbs is a theme of the level. I don't think it has much to do with the fact that he is sponge (which he is not).
>>
>>376339398

I mean, shit, the first two cutscenes basically lay it out there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68HOm7HmkTA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOI09fbQ6Zs
>>
>>376339557
That absolute mavrick.
>>
File: 1480477063684.gif (753KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1480477063684.gif
753KB, 500x750px
X5 was the first Megaman X game that I owned and I FUCKING LOVED THE EVER LOVING SHIT OUT OF IT!

Especially the OST. Man, Capcom always did a fucking spectacular job with their OSTs for their Megaman games.

One of my favorite tracks is from the Misadventures of Tron Bonne:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpOucodo8PU
>>
>>376315802
Fuck this fraud
>>
>>376319968
I'd pay 60 bucks for a ps4 megaman X collection with trophies for each one. And an extra 30 for command mission
>>
File: j.jpg (24KB, 326x287px) Image search: [Google]
j.jpg
24KB, 326x287px
>>376313391
I loved X6 as a kid, faults and all. It's cluttered design appealed to me. Even the music was great. I'd play through the entire game just to hear that credits song.
>>
>>376341551
Why would you bother? Command Mission isn't worth suffering twice.
>>
>>376340806
Boy, I sure do hate X's theme.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiLEWb-anSs
>>
>>376337293
>>GEISHA GEISHA GEISHA GEISHA
>>DESBO DESBO DESBO DESBO DESBO DESBO DESBO

AAAAHHHH
I CAN FUCKING HEAR IT
WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS
>>
Mother Virus or whatever it was called is honestly the worst designed boss I have ever encountered it is so fucking bad on so many levels, especially if you're using X

in fact, the game in general is horrible for X, I'm pretty sure everyone who defends X6 is a Zero player
>>
>>376342157
Command Mission is pretty fun desu.
>>
>>376342157
I never played it
>>
>>376342249
Dude how can you hate this song??

That whole interlude that lasts from 0:40-1:10 has one of my favorite riffs of all time.
>>
Is this the one where there's the shadows that attack you that you can't do a damn thing about?

Who the FUCK approved that decision?
>>
>>376320615
Idk if it's been confirmed, but I'm pretty sure it's definitely supposed to be true.

For fuck's sake, in MML2 the Zetsabre can be bought from the Mayor who says it's an ancient weapon that's been passed down for generations.
>>
>>376344759
Not to mention that the Zero series had architecture reminiscent here and there of the ruins in Legends, and by the time of ZX, humanity was mostly converted to being at least partly mechanical which gave way to the Carbons of Legends in due time
Combine that with Thomas' betrayal in ZXA's hard difficulty ending scene and him proclaiming the world must be reset, and it's obvious that irregardless of what Elysium and the Master do, the world ends before it really gets better by the time of Legends
>>
>>376320615
>Was that confirmed at all?
Guidebook info only

Not any better way to hype the awkward child in the family than to say BUT IT'S THE END POINT after all
>>
>>376344339
It sounds like fucking clown music when it starts up, and it doesn't get much better. It's such a stark contrast from Zero's much cooler theme.
>>
>>376339442
Gotta see those eyes first.
>>
File: megamilk zero.jpg (45KB, 564x686px) Image search: [Google]
megamilk zero.jpg
45KB, 564x686px
>>376315365
Why do you hate Zero, anon?
>>
File: pixiv62567453_0.jpg (257KB, 535x681px) Image search: [Google]
pixiv62567453_0.jpg
257KB, 535x681px
>>376336612
>everyone knows X5 had the best music in the X series.

ftfy
>>
>>376339602
Out of all stupid things Iris vs Zero makes sense though, Colonel dying made Iris unstable since are literally part of one conscience, they were meant to be one reploid but were divided to make their programing stable.

Colonel got offed, Iris went desperate and implated Colonel's essence insider her, transforming into that purple robot, Zero had to put her down.
>>
File: X8_layerblush.jpg (204KB, 937x984px) Image search: [Google]
X8_layerblush.jpg
204KB, 937x984px
>>376345767
you're only getting one eye m8
>>
>>376346194
Good enough, she is aproved to be in my fap folder.
>>
File: 1494248853303.jpg (49KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1494248853303.jpg
49KB, 480x480px
>mfw I have 2 save files where I gave all the upgrades to X and another to Zero
>I actually rescued every single reploid without losing a single one twice
What the fuck was wrong with me.
Thread posts: 270
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.