[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT great games ruined by their communities/fanbase Pic fucking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 9

File: 4L_slJMvWUP.jpg (121KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
4L_slJMvWUP.jpg
121KB, 1280x720px
ITT great games ruined by their communities/fanbase

Pic fucking related, can't get a single game without a 10 year old screaming in my ear or spamming 'xD' in chat
>>
>>376310689
>spawnkills you

"ez game"
>>
Insurgency and ro2, probably rs2 after it comes out

Any objective based shooter where the 99% of the community ignore the objective, which is all of them
>>
>>376311305
There is literally nothing wrong with RO2's community. Go back to plebbit fag
>>
>>376310689
You can get children in almost any game with a gun on console. The real problem is those faggots with mics who don't say anything other than useless bullshit that has nothing to do with the game. Bonus points if they don't play the objective.
>>
Great thread OP xD
>>
>>376311406
You're one of those faggots that doesn't get on the point, aren't you?
>>
>>376310689
Unironically Overwatch
>>
>>376310689
This game was ruined by a cancerous meta that the devs actively encouraged
>>
>>376311682
Found the roamer
>>
>>376312452
What meta are you on about? Just a curious new player asking

And why havent they removed glaz's smokes yet?
>>
>>376310689
Siege is ruined by the incompetence of the own devs
>>
>>376312452
It has been ruined by jack shit. Only serious issue is ubisoft server performance. 10x better game than any competition.
>>
>>376314028
Excessive high speed and design choices that make peeking ridiculous
>>
>>376310689
>great game
>one of the worst netcodes in the industry

It would actually be a great game if a 150 ping, 3-speed ash couldn't peek around a corner and kill you before they're even on your screen.
>>
>>376314284
Trap operators are a nice counter to rushing. Shotguns too. Its a shame about barb wire getting nerfed however.
>>
>stray bullets from a firefight kill some enemy your teammate has been dumping mags into for the past 30 seconds
>"ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME YOU KILLSTEALING SCRUB REPORTED
>he now attempts to throw the game

And that's just casual, Ill never touch that "beta" ranked mode if children can't even control themselves in casual.
>>
>>376310689
Chivalry and Mount & Blade.

Too many DEUS VULT fags.
>>
>>376314820
>Trap operators are a nice counter to rushing
lol
>>
>>376315168
>join multiplayer
>ADOLF_TRUMP: HEIL HITLER GAS ALL NIGGERS DEUS VULT DEUS VULT DEUS VULT
Why do historical games always attract the racist kids?
>>
>>376311754
thank god that one guy who can bark out gives like 50% more chance of people to follow objectives
>>
>>376316168
They're seeking power fantasies to parallel modern circumstances. Don't like muslims, so find a game vaguely in the time period of the crusades so they can kill muslims.

Vietnam shooters are always filled with a bunch of racist vietnam-era stuff too, so buckle in for that when Rising Storm 2 comes out, happened a lot with BC2 Vietnam
>>
>>376316423
the beta was difficult to play with spergy faggots whining 'GI go home' into their mics after every North victory, which was every game
>>
>>376316423
>Not getting into the setting.
In RO2 I called germans Krauts, Fritz, or Fascists. I called the slav forces Ivan or Slavs. Called muricans Gaijin and other dumb shit. Doesn't mean im racist or have a racist power fantasy. Nice projecting though.
>>
>>376316963
I think you're missing my point that the majority of these people are outwardly spouting racist, non-related garbage, case in point, Napoleonic Wars
>>
That's what you get for playing on console you dumb fag
>>
>>376315063
let me guess, ps4?
>>
>>376315063
Where the fuck does this even happen? One of the best things to do is flanking while someone draws their attention
>>
>>376311406
>There is literally nothing wrong with RO2's community
Bridge 24/7 and veterans giving the finger to new players cause they are noobs

>There is literally nothing wrong with Darkest Hour's community
29th ID faggots and Good Guys server dictating how people should play the game and how nazi have to lose on pro-allied maps without complaining.

>>There is literally nothing wrong with Red Orchestra OST Front's community
Slavs,Danzing & Arad 24/7 killed the game

Your move
>>
>>376319417

>Bridge 24/7

Why do FPS communities gravitate to the worst maps?
>>
>>376315168
>>376316168

This happens alot in For honor
>>
>>376310689

>Play ten games of ranked as a solo queuer
>do pretty good and make callouts constantly
>still lose a lot due to playing with randoms and end up getting bronze
>Now I can't even enjoy casual anymore since i'm constantly teamed up with copper players / new players that barely know how to play the game

The new matchmaking for casual now is fucking retarded.
>>
>>376310689
I actually got banned from R6:S because my Uplay account got hacked by some guy who was aimbotting.
Literally the only time something like this has ever happened to me.
I e-mailed Ubisoft once I realized what was going on and their response was basically "oh that sucks change your password I guess".
I haven't actually booted up the game since I got the ban so I don't know if its still active or not
>>
>>376319729
Wait, what did they do for the matchmaking?
>>
>>376319417
>Bridge 24/7 and veterans giving the finger to new players cause they are noobs
There's plenty of servers if you're in Europe at least. Not the guy you replied to but I spend most of my time on campaign servers. I've noticed Americans are very quick to verbally abuse people though, you don't have much of that in European servers.

I agree with the rest, 29ID are fags. I won't forgive them for just playing nothing but american maps 24/7 and editing commonwealth ones to have americans.
>>
>>376319874

The reason why the community is "Cancerous" is because its gotten alot more popular
>>
>>376319417
>Bridges of go fuck yourself 24/7
Please don't remind me fucking shit map made me rage like no other after getting sniped while spawning for the 10th time on attack fuck this map and anyone who likes it
>>
>>376314820
>shotguns
Whenever im using a shotgun point blank it one hit kills the enemy target like 50% of the time.
Whenever enemies use it against me (and I tend to only play 2/2 or 3/1 armor/speed operators) I get one shot from more than point blank away and the shot is not to the head. Why are shotguns so inconsistent?
>>
>>376319905

Casual matchmaking now pairs you with players around your rank, which is causing a few issues for players. For one, Diamond and Plat ranked players can no longer play with low ranked players like copper, bronze and I think maybe silver. This is causing those players to experience much longer wait times. I don't even know how it works for unranked players though. Overall it was a really dumb change.
>>
>>376311528
>round starts
>spawns in as recruit
>"bong noises over mic"
>>
>>376310689
this is why the price should've stayed at $60
>>
>>376314462

Expect do you want to see what happens if low ping becomes a problem?

Peekers disadvantage
>>
>>376320616

punishing high ping poorfags >>> punishing low ping players
>>
>>376311305
>Insurgency
I swear that game is designed as a breeding ground for the stereotypical "sit around the campfire while racking up strategically useless kills" type of player. It even gives you the option to turn most rifles into mean green get-nothing-accomplished machines. Even without a 4 power scope so many people seem fucking terrified of trying to take a point.

>enemy team is occupying the point, along with several supporting positions to put fire on our approach
>along comes our hero, anon, armed with a smoke launcher and all the smoke grenades he could reasonably shove up his ass
>soon the battlefield resembles a Colorado music festival, the enemy's suppressive fire withers off save for a few inaccurate shots through the smoke
>"GET DAT FUKKEN POINT", he screams, foolishly leading a one-man charge, believing his teammates to be right behind him, only to go retarded with rage when he dies and sees half of his teammates trying to plink at heads through the smoke cover he had laid
>>
i stopped playing this a while ago

i think the main reason why is because it was such a fucking chore to have to wait for the game to load between matches, which were short to begin with
>>
>>376321020
You were that cunt with a shitty hdd that made load times aids for everyone.
>>
>>376310689
I shot a guy by accident once while trying to take out the drones, he didn't bother so I said I'd do it, I hit him once and he killed me just as we started the round. I stopped playing.
>>
>>376320952
Fucking this made me stop playing it, so many fucking faggots with sights just sitting in spawn or at the sides of the map doing practically nothing to help the team win other than take out 1-2 enemys every now and then or the guy that goes rocketeer and sells it for ebin attachments.

I hope the same doesn't happen in Day of Infamy, lack of scopes on most classes is a good indicator it won't for now but you can never know with these drooling retards
>>
>>376321601
Learn to aim you thin skinned pussy
>>
>>376321601
Knew a guy that would teamkill you for reinforcing a wall he didn't like and he wouldn't even tell you to stop just straight up TK you
>>
>>376322246

It was bomb wasnt it
>>
>>376322278
Didn't matter to him what mode if he didn't like what the pub did even picking his op he would teamkill the guy
>>
>>376319556
Server owners love it because long maps seed servers. People are most likely to leave at the end of the map so they want to avoid maps like Apartments if they can. The majority of the players don't know the maps very well so if they see it played a lot they assume it must be good. Almost every server these days runs campaign mode and players will either vote for maps with names they recognize, e.g. IwoJima, or maps that are played all the time, like Bridges.
>>
>>376322246
I bet you're the kind of retard who reinforces between bomb sites huh
>>
>>376319556

I don't fucking know why,I remember 16 years ago playing OFP on TCZ league and every match I played was mostly CTF Everon,which it was a good maps itself due a good and varied landscape and also because it promoted different approaches but only both squads had no more than 8 players.

After TCZ bombed the ECL tried to fix it by punishing snipers,setting up border restrictions,removing vehicles that weren't even a problem to have,removing smoke grenades,grenade launchers,allowing only one sniper again it wasn't a problem as there were only a couple of sniper positions and only that was good to cover the flag,removing HMG and giving players nothing G36 and a limited amount of frags.People grew tired of it and moved on CTF Saint Pierre which become a nearly standard FOTM 24/7 then once Resistance come out the flock moved onto Mokra and Kvilda 24/7 made by clan-mate,then when CS died some people moved there and started to map corridors on Desert Island on which based on their own rules

>no corner camping
>no prone
>fucking hell if I find you lying somewhere I will ban you from any given server
>do not stop for more than 3 seconds otherwise I call you a camper
>and so fucking on

Yet nothing can beat CoD maps in terms of people picking the worst map and refusing to play with anything else
>>
>>376322374
How do you come to the conclusion he teamkilled me? i had the guy in my friendlist, and i would usually tell people before the round starts not to reinforce between bomb sites or hatches if the bomb site is on 2 floors.
>>
>>376322445

BRO

NUKETOWN

When Blackops 1 had the best maps in COD
>>
>>376322567
>they couldn't let it rest in BO1 where it was played to death
>lmao let's bring it back in BO2 and allow it in every mode haha
>lmao let's make a zombie version out of that map too hahah
Fuck treyarch for that shit same goes for operaton metro in BF4 we already have a close quarter shit map that is not suited for battlefield and they bring in metro again.
>>
>by the fanbase

thats like saying that sweden and europe is being ruined by migrants and not jewish globalists
>>
File: 1493763904269.jpg (114KB, 700x365px) Image search: [Google]
1493763904269.jpg
114KB, 700x365px
>>376310689
The only way to fix this game is to add an operator that has something like Widowmakers ult as a gadget.
>>
>>376310689
Rainbow Six Siege was ruined the second they decided to half-ass the game's actual potential and not include a classic-style single player campaign complete with waypoints and go-codes.

10-year olds screaming into a microphone is just a side effect of them giving it a focus on multiplayer instead of actually making it a Rainbow Six game.

I say this as someone that actually enjoyed this game. Seriously, fuck Ubisoft.
>>
>>376323031
Caveira already exists though
>>
File: bob dole.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
bob dole.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>Game is great
>we pretend to hate it anyways
>>
>>376323210
Only shows nametags and you have to knife somebody in order to use it. Which is bullshit.
>>
>>376310689
It's not that bad.

Back at launch, when the playerbase was all of 15,000 people, I would get matched with Russians and Brazilians every single match.

It's much better now.
>>
>>376321620
I'm not enjoying DoI, which is a bummer because I had fun with Insurgency early on.

Inconsistent damage and bad hit detection are making it an inferior RO2 wannabe.More so with officers calling in artillery that always manages to land right on top of you or kill you through walls.
>>
>>376315063
>things that never happen
>>
Now that its getting popular you get all the new players that want to fix non issues and shitty operator ideas and are just cancer in general. You also never know if you are talking to a console idiot and console siege is fucking hilariously bad. Fix netcode and stop doing rddt memes thats all they need to do. I mean none of this matters now that ubi is going to be dead and thats a good thing since they won't be able to ruin it all.
>>
>>376310689
It's ruined by ubisoft
>>
>>376320050

I gave on RO2,the servers I was usually in slowly died and started to play other games.29th ID edits are worse than the one you mentioned.There is a discussion on Steam DH forums,one of the devs said that it's impossible for him to even think about making a map which gives defenders or attackers heavy advantages.

On 5.0 days and partially on 6.0 days I remember that the only servers playing vanilla maps were just the 29th ID and another one,other ones had plenty of people complaining about spawn camping,people skipping caps and pre capping,linearity and crap like Stavelot and Foy being biased.Now I barely played on those vanilla maps cause it was always a spawn camp fest with enemy tanks taking turns around your spawn or reinforcement area,but on 29th ID server I slowly started to notice that most maps had the one side factor being pushed everywhere without a single thought.At first it was Berlin which was somehow balanced and heavily one sided at then end,then a couple of V1/V2/fixs later it all went down the drain,as soon a choke point happened they went it and edited it by adding cover or alternative passages,german spawns were moved away from cap zones,allied tanks instantly respawned making any AT team efforts null,points or areas that were good for germans to get through and form a defense line were gutted,last german spawn had no arty or mortar protection volume so they could just sit and steamroll the last cap by calling arty and hammering the buildings with 6 tanks and instantly blowing the only Panther germans had for defense.Other maps edits are even worse,one day I caught 6 on them in a house on which light,position and fucking stairs provided a good choke point and also nades couldn't get through windows and wall holes and you had to get in from behind with them corner camping so well that one nade wasn't enough to sort them out.

Yet he said that is impossible to make this kind of edits or maps.
>>
>don't play serious because fun with friends
>enemies shittalk us because level 185 and doing dumb shit
>we come back and win
>spam ggez and mad
meh
>>
File: 1466010946678.png (181KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1466010946678.png
181KB, 500x281px
it's not a great game if you can't mute players
and if you get gravely offended by xD's, you should really look into growing up a little
>>
>>376323113
For me it is the hitreg and other buggy bullshit like a mate got into a frost trap outside of the house because his foot clipped through the wall and triggered the mat.
I just returned after 5 months and it is still the same shit.
>>
>>376323623
>now
>bulldozer idea is over a year old
>>
>>376325082
It feels like they will never patch stuff.
It still baffles me there is no way to look at the chat log, for instance.
>>
>>376320256
>he doesn't blow bubbles into a cup of water with a straw then cough and go AW SHIT DUDE THATS GOOD SHIT BRO HOLY SHIT
>>
>>376325457
Or how they fucked up the headshot multiplier with the first season and it took them months to fix it.
This would be the greatest shooter out there with a competent publisher.
>>
>>376323031
>>376323309

Pulse?

Jackal?
>>
>>376325457

Expect they are patching shit

Its just slow

and the dev team might be 25 guys
>>
>>376326473
Neither show the person 100% of the time, or only show one person at a time.
>>
>>376325457

I dont think the netcode is that bad since I still enjoy the game after all this time but they should fix shit faster

[spoiler[ignore console[/spoiler]
>>
Why the fuck can't echos drone mark enemies. How did they not include this
>>
How to balance against crazy peekers like Ash
>Make nitro cells make a little less noise
>Allow them to be activated while looking at cameras
>>
File: miNG9tZA.jpg (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
miNG9tZA.jpg
32KB, 400x400px
>>376310689
Resident evil

Planetside

first two that come to mind
>>
>>376327242
git gud
>>
>>376327242

Its kinda invisible
>>
>>376310689
Community for Siege is pretty solid, but I largley play casual so that probably helps. American east coast though, only had 1 Brit cunt get mad at me for picking Glaz when he wasn't meta, and that's the total extent of my problems with the Siege community within 200 hours of play.
>>
>>376327529
>why is a x not in game
>git gud

That doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>376327625
It is good as long as you don't use the chat, because everything will be seen as you getting mad.
And there are a lot of spergs that cannot handle losing or having a k/d under 1.
>>
>>376327625
The only problem I have is people not using their mics. I've only had one case of an asshole during my 80+ hours on PC, other than that everyone either says good try or stays quiet. I just give out information and ignore the chat for the most part.
>>
>>376322567
Nuke Town is a fast paced meat grinder, so casuals love it. It also really amps up the level of randomness, allowing really bad players to secure multiple kills off of accidental flanks.

>>376323113
>the game's bad because it's not like other game

kys yourself.
>>
File: 1493962668415.png (8KB, 304x356px) Image search: [Google]
1493962668415.png
8KB, 304x356px
>>376327625
My very first ranked game was awful.

>Take rook, guy says that he wanted rook.
>When the game starts he immediately teamkills me
>Next round I take Ash
>Says he wanted Ash
>He starts shooting at me and I kill him
>I get votekicked out of the game
>>
>>376328248
Good thing i found people in february '16 and we are still going strong as a team.
Randoms are cancer 90 percent of the time
>>
>>376310689
I've had maybe one bad experience after 15 hours of play. Seems good to me.
>>
>>376328071
This would be my main complaint about the community, at least in casual. Say what you will about GO's community but people use mics all the fucking time and try to make callouts, in Siege casual callouts are rare as fuck, even though fucking hitting the Z key can help someone out immensely.

I also had a dude type a callout angerly, then when I told him to either use a mic or stop he flicked on his mic and told me in a pissy tone"enemy to the left". Like nigga, how fucking retarded are you?
>>
>>376328608
>thread on /v/
>"when your team tells you to go on your mic"
>shy anime grill picture

I bet they all play siege.
>>
>>376316168
>Why do historical games always attract the racist kids?
Because history shows that they're right.
>>
Remove M870.
>>
File: 1479916557402.gif (968KB, 500x295px) Image search: [Google]
1479916557402.gif
968KB, 500x295px
>>376328608
Its so annoying. I tried ranked today since I couldn't get casual matches and nobody said a word except this one guy with an accent sometimes and this nasally sounding kid who only criticized this other guy despite being on of the worst on the team. There was even this time yesterday where I fucking told the last two teammates that there was a Cav behind them and she was going to kill them. They ignore me and we lost. Then when I type "I told you she was behind you" one of them goes "We heard you" and that was it. I'm honestly contemplating resorting to /vg/ to find people to play with, I'm not sure how much longer I can deal with this.
>>
>>376329159
Fuck no
>>
>>376319905
im unranked and i keep getting paired with gold-diamond(?) players
whats the deal
>>
>>376329298
t. GSG9 recruit
>>
>>376329178
I wonder where these people come from, fuckin CSGO's community is really fantastic with communicating, and Siege is basically a CS spin off with the game even encouraging ghosting with its cameras.
>>
>>376329402
COD kiddies mainly
>>
>>376329379
The original guy must have confused ranked with unranked.

In unranked its a free for all
>>
barbed wire is useless
>can be destroyed by ash breaching rounds
>can be fragged
>can be sledged
>incoming nerf increases attacker speed in wire and reduces durability to 2 hits
>>
>>376329402
>with the game even encouraging ghosting with its cameras.

im sorry what?
>>
>>376329379
They undid the matchmaking changes
>>
>>376329593
But all of those use up the attackers time and resources anon
>>
>>376329593

Expect there is a new defender or defender gadgets coming
>>
>>376329603
Ghosting is just a term used to describe a dead teammate giving callouts to his still alive team, Siege letting you use cameras while dead and talk with your team should encourage people to use mics to speak the hell up.
>>
>>376329593

wow thanks for ruining barbed wire fucking JEWBISOFT
>>
>>376329749
>>376329792

There is either a defender who uses mines

or the defenders are getting mines as gadgets
>>
File: 1464877184606.png (108KB, 304x325px) Image search: [Google]
1464877184606.png
108KB, 304x325px
>>376312329
Unironically yes
>mfw Sym now officially is autistic because of some literally retarded child, who propably shouldn't be playing this game
>>
>>376316168
get out jew no fags allowed.
>>
>>376329934
Fuck off faggot
>>
>>376329593
Man, I just use it as a warning system by putting it in thresholds where I can easily shoot at the enemy and know where they are coming from
>>
>>376312329
>>376329896
OW's in game community is fucking horrid though.

>Playing ranked
>guy is playing Torb on that Russian map
>We get wrecked off of the first point, turret doesn't secure a single kill
>enemy pushes the second point, enemy nor torb do anything but we manage to push them back anyways
>politely ask the dude to switch
>he doesn't reply
>he keeps being useless, ask him again if he could please switch
>doesn't respond
>we end up losing, this guys turret gets destroyed twice as many times as it gets kills
>tell him we're the reason we lost
>he calls me a toxic fuck in an incredibly frustrated tone

I also had a Reinhardt use a controller with an open mic on it who justified his controller use with "the game's on consoles so a controller's fine". He also got super cunty when I told him his mic was open and said something along the lines of "yeah just mute me, I'm not changing it". Seriously, that community is such dogshit.
>>
>>376314820
No
>>
>Stop playing GO because every match is a shit flinging free for all
>Siege comes out
>Community is very chill and I get to play coordinated 5v5 matches easily
>Starter pack comes out
>Popularity grows
>Now it just feels like CS again
>Loot boxes on the horizon
>Ubisoft just look at positive feedback and memes.
Thread posts: 120
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.