[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>dont like turn based combat >cant enjoy any critically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: Mo3fHAa.jpg (55KB, 680x451px) Image search: [Google]
Mo3fHAa.jpg
55KB, 680x451px
>dont like turn based combat
>cant enjoy any critically acclaimed rpgs
>not even pokemon is fun
should i just kill myself?
>>
>>376300071
PLEASE
>>
Except most highly critically acclaimed RPG's don't have turn-based combat. In fact the only really critically highly acclaimed RPG's that have turn-based combat I can think off are original Fallouts, (optionally) Arcanum, and arguably the new Shadowrun, Divinity and Wasteland games - neither of which is particularly critically acclaimed though.

Alternatively, you may have meant jRPG's, but really, most of them don't have a turn-based combat. Fire Emblem, Valkyria Chronicles, Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactical Ogre being some of the few exceptions, though those are arguably more tactical games than RPG's, more in line with games like X-Com or Jagged Alliance.
>>
>>376300071
you're too focused on the whole notion of all games having to be "fun", instead of providing other kind of experiences and thus being engaging.

You are also a great example of modern players who seem to think that "combat" is the synonym for the entire "gameplay" of ALL games, instead of just one part of the experience. When I think of FF7 or The Witcher, I don't first recall my numerous random encounters or Drowner massacres, but some atmospheric scenery or story event.
>>
>>376300071
Don't fall for the /v/ memes. Turn based is shit. Its okay to dislike it. Action combat is the only good thing.
>>
>>376301179
And here we can see a typical GenZ console child at its natural daily chores: shit posting online
>>
>>376301179
Take your meds, ADHD-kun.
>>
>>376301259
Nice meme cuck. I'm 22.
>>376301267
ADHD isn't a disorder its a survival trait that helped hunter gatherers.
>>
>>376301624
Attention
Deficit
Hyperactive
Disorder
>>
>>376301624
>ADHD isn't a disorder its a survival trait that helped hunter gatherers.
Oh dear good that is fucking hilarious. Is this what you fucks tell yourself so you could live with yourself? Jesus!
>>
>>376301684
This. I literally have ADHD and >>376301624 is a load of shit.
>>
>>376301179
Most turn based games are shit because they don't add complexity to balance out giving you infinite time to think.

Turn based combat is fine.

>>376300920
Combat is usually a massive part of the game.

When you're finding 50% of the game tedious and simple, you probably won't be having fun even if the other 50% is perfect. Or maybe you can, if so please teach me.
>>
Always hated turn based when I was younger, now it's my favourite genre. Weird how things change. You should try SMT or something
>>
>>376300071
>>dont like turn based combat

You are not the only one.

I actually hate Turn Based games since its too board game-ish.
>>
I hated turn-based combat when I was younger, but nowadays those are the only games I play.
>>
File: asdfasdf.jpg (10KB, 640x511px) Image search: [Google]
asdfasdf.jpg
10KB, 640x511px
>>376301647
>>376301684
Yeah I know its called a disorder but its actually not. Because its so common in males and is natural the Jews are trying to claim its a disorder to drug little boys during childhood to make them more feminine.
>>376301752
Bluepilled self loathing cuck.
>>
>>376302105
I don't hate myself. And the drug thing is bullshit, at least for Ritalin. I've been on it my whole life, and I'm 6'2 and very clearly male.
>>
>>376302105
Nah, and you are a complete, and utterly delusional fucking moron. Jesus what the FUCK is wrong with you?

It's not even hereditary you fucking cretin. It's neuro-developmentary disorder, it's similar to more serious fucking forms of autism or Tourettes. God damn this is fucked up. And you even manage to bring racial politics into it. You are seriously fucked up person. I think the ADHD might be just to complete tip of the iceberg of your issues there.
>>
>>376302105
Oh your a /pol/tard. Feel free to see your way out of our board at any time.
>>
File: e7f673edfe53471b990cb21ef79cbee2.png (561KB, 1435x553px) Image search: [Google]
e7f673edfe53471b990cb21ef79cbee2.png
561KB, 1435x553px
>>376302214
>Not utilizing your true power
You could be 10x better at video games and fighting. You got meme'd by (((Ritalin))) dude.
>>376302280
It is not similar to Autism or Tourettes at all. Its a leftover of hunter genes

http://pathwaystofamilywellness.org/Wellness-Lifestyle/hunters-and-farmers-the-origins-of-adhd.html

This shit is a trait similar to a New Vegas trait. The positives are great if you utilize them properly unlike autism or tourettes which have vastly more negatives.
>>376302302
Feel free to see your way to reddit.
>>
>>376300071
no, don't kill yourself, anon!!
>>
>>376302674
>Its a leftover of hunter genes
Yeah... nothing helps hunters more than the INABILITY TO STAY PUT AND FOCUS FOR LONGER PERIODS OF TIME YOU GOD DAMN CRETIN. THOSE ABILITIES TOTALLY HELP WHEN YOU NEED TO LAY IN AMBUSH FOR YOUR PREY.
GOD DAMMIT.
Nobody has the right to be this stupid.

pathwaystofamilywellness
Yeah. Nice academic sources you have there. And YOU DON'T GET POSITIVES FROM ADHD. It's literally defined as a deficit. You lack the ability to focus and remain calm for longer periods of time compared to majority of population, which seems to be directly correlated to a decrease of volume of cortex matter in left dorsolateral prefrontal and anterior cingulated cortex and decreased connectivity in basal ganglia. That is it. Your brain is poorly hardwired, which makes you fucking deficient in some areas. It has no compensations: you just fail to do what majority of the population actually can do: focus and pace yourself. End of any discussion you god damn cretin.
>>
File: vonbolt.png (4KB, 510x95px) Image search: [Google]
vonbolt.png
4KB, 510x95px
>>376300071
god damn just play advance wars 1+2+DS if you want fun turn-based strategy this is videogames 101

>>376302674
hmmm yes autism that thing that fuels numerous child prodigies in specific fields by giving them intense focus and study with the negative of being socially and physically crippled, i can see how that would have fewer positives and more negatives than being fully unable to focus on anything without prescription dugs
>>
>>376304316
>hmmm yes autism that thing that fuels numerous child prodigies
Actually, the percentage of child prodigies among the actual population of people with clinical autism is negligible. It's a false cultural stereotypes that autists tend to me brilliant in some ways, mostly perpetuated by the Rain Man movie and disproportinate medial coverage of the few cases of high-functioning autists get.

In reality, absolute majority of autists are idiots and utterly useless in every regard, and there are still more prodigies and geniuses that are not autistic out there than those who also happen to be autistic. So yeah, the negatives of autism really do hugely outweight the "positives" still.

Though you are right that there are even fewer examples of ADHD working in any social benefit than autism does.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.