[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on this? I heard it's a fun metroidvania,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Splash.png (555KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Splash.png
555KB, 512x512px
Thoughts on this? I heard it's a fun metroidvania, is it any good?
>>
It's good but hard as nipples.
I hate how long it takes for you to get new weapons as well.
The devs obviously had a lot of great ideas but couldn't make everything fit in nicely. All mechanics seem tacked on for the most part, even if they work well.
>>
Very, very, very repetitive combat.

It gets super fucking stale super fucking quick.
>>
Yeah it's fun, got it on sale last year but never beat it.
>>
>>376294598
>All mechanics seem tacked on for the most part, even if they work well.
This desu. The gameplay seems at odds with itself at times, it's hard to explain. I wouldn't go as far as calling it a "flawed" game, though. It's good, it's just that it will constantly remind you that it was close to being great.
>>
Play as Punchgirl and be aware that the combat feels sort of floaty sometimes

Also debuffs are retarded
>>
I got bored after a few hours, the controls just felt off and imprecise to me and I hated the artstyle.
>>
>>376294520
looks like tumblr art
>>
>>376294520

It's really good. It takes a little adjusting to, but the controls are incredibly tight and the action is suprisingly rewarding and deep enough to reward competence.

It's really more of a brawler/sidescroller hack and slash, with Metroid-lite attached.

I don't like the art style, but despite that, it's one of my favorite games. Beats the shit out of hollow knight anyways.
>>
i had this on wishlist since forever, waiting for it to come to psn

tons of games gonna get announced this E3 so im holding out
>>
>>376294520
i enjoyed it a fair bit, if that means anything to you and im not really a ''metroidvania'' fan like i legit havent played sotn or any metroid game ever
>>
>>376294520
I bought it when I was looking for a good Muramasa clone. It's ok but it makes me wish I was playing Muramasa.
>>
>>376294520
i stopped playing when there was a point in the game where if i didn't do something in a certain amount of time an entire town would disappear.

since you can pick your objectives in certain order, i had fucking no time at all to get to where i needed to go and come back to save the place.

told myself i'd restart and never bothered. fun game but fuck that shit
>>
I like that it has Dan McNeely from the Trapped series on Newgrounds. The special technique he teaches you is the banana fishing pole you make in the 2nd game.

The game isn't very good. I feel like magic is pretty garbage and the alternate weapons aren't as good as the defaults. Combat doesn't feel great. But what I did really love is that some of the areas have secret boss fights. There were a couple of times I was retarded and missed the obvious path through an area and by backtracking the other way through the map I stumbled upon some kinda super boss or another.
>>
>>376294520
It's a pretty good Castlevaniaesque game, little more intense in the combat aspect though.
I like pretty much everything about the game with one exception, and that is how much menuing you have to do to play a caster character.
The devs did a good job at making a variety of builds viable for each of the playable characters, you get lots of options with stats, passives, weapon types, and they even made a bunch of armor that are lateral from each other instead of being progressive upgrades. It's really nice.
The thing they screwed up with though is some of your movement utility is tied to spells, more specifically they're tied to spells that aren't very strong in combat (except the warp spell, that projectile does a ton of damage) So if you go with a Int build, you spend more time in menus than you really should resetting what spells you have assigned.

Other than that, its all around great.
>>
File: VladynDamage.png (965KB, 1282x720px) Image search: [Google]
VladynDamage.png
965KB, 1282x720px
>>376295476
>the alternate weapons aren't as good as the defaults.

>Not using Daggers on Wyatt
>Not using the Maul on Reina
>Not using the Rifle on Vladyn
>>
>>376295871
No, fist fighting is way cooler than swinging a hammer. I don't know anything about the new characters, I thought they were never going to come out.
>>
>>376294520
It's really good, I only finished game as Reina and it took two playthroughs to do it, but what was there was really rewarding, especially the combat system. Main idea is that you stunlock enemies with combos, your gear determines length of your combo, after that enemies usually go into block, you have to guardbreak them, otherwise if you continue to spam normals you will get bodied. At least that's what my build's gameplay was, I know that there are a lot more to this game.
>>
>>376296002
You're a little late to the party then.
They came out literally years ago at this point.
There's some other new content in the game too, Like another super boss and a 5th weapon type for each character, although Reina's Katars are really the only new weapon that's exceptional.
>>
>>376294520
looks like an ugly flash game
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.