[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, let's talk about City of Heroes! I've been having

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: CityOfHeroes_PC_BOX.jpg (170KB, 788x1100px) Image search: [Google]
CityOfHeroes_PC_BOX.jpg
170KB, 788x1100px
Hey, let's talk about City of Heroes! I've been having my annual nostalgic superhero wank and I'm looking for people to cry about the game with again this year.

Fellow heroes and villains, where have we gone? Still shitting up Paragon Chat? Did you find your way into that super secret club that supposedly has a working private server? Woefully hope City of Titans, Valiance Online, or the newcomer Ship of Heroes will launch in your lifetime?

Or worse, do you sit around on Champs or DCUO? The superhero genre suffers with every waking moment.
>>
>>376293840
maybe it's a little too late in the day to start this thread
>>
>>376293840
Guild Wars > City of heroes
>>
IT was a ton of fun at the time and had probably the best character creation ever with all the costume parts and whatnot.

But man that game was Korean levels of grind and they fucked up the power sets every patch in horrible ways.

Regen was suffering.
>>
>>376294737
>But man that game was Korean levels of grind

Well, NCSoft is a korean publisher. It was one of their only games they couldn't market back home tho. Didn't stop them from putting Statesman in their new shitty MOBA
>>
>>376293840
Tried out Paragon chat for a bit, the nostalgia was so powerful.
>>
>>376294619
This.
>>
>>376294842
There new shitty moba was actually pretty fun during the beta. Let it have a chance. It was better than LoL.
>>
File: Project Avengers.jpg (38KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Project Avengers.jpg
38KB, 1280x720px
I just want to BE the fucking capeshit

Is that too much to ask??
>>
>>376293840
Ever since City of Heroes died I've basically been in MMO ennui, the only MMO I bothered to really try and pick up was FFXIV and that was primarily just because friends I had around that time played it.
I really hope that one of the successor games becomes really good, but they all kinda feel flawed to me in various ways and despite the technological advances I fear that character creation in those might be less flexible than it was in City of Heroes.
>>
>>376298223
I'm in the same position anon.
>>
>>376293840
>Fellow heroes and villains, where have we gone?

Fucking nowhere.

Blows me away that with how popular superhero shit is these days that there's nothing new and nothing good.

I tried champions and I tried DCUO. DCUO felt like it had better gameplay but Champions had better customization but was less fun to play. No happy medium.

Just praying that someone, anyone will fill the void. I'd even take a single player game where I could make my own hero at this point.
>>
one of the games that makes me so glad i got to play mmos during the golden age before wow.
>>
File: 1469311638053.gif (926KB, 512x341px) Image search: [Google]
1469311638053.gif
926KB, 512x341px
>mfw my character was so edgy
>he looked like Proto-Reaper
>>
>My hero was an evil looking cyborg with Psi powers
>Gave him a bio that he was a villain but woke up with amnesia after being defeated in the future by a group of heroes and flung back

Was I... that guy?
>>
>Play CoH on launch
>Start off as an idiot kid that doesnt know what they're doing
>Get killed constantly
>Get my friends into the game
>Over time and with age and experience with the game, my skill level climbs very high
>Game is easy as fuck
>Just dont find the joy I once did
>Start logging in less and less
>They put in a loot grind with inventions but the game is easy enough at this point for me already why do I need more upgrades
>My friends are still playing but I just cant anymore
>Unsub

I miss my blaster and being bad at the game
>>
I just want to play again
>>
>>376300560
Honestly that's a pretty tame backstory, man. Definitely far more palatable than a fair amount of the shit you could find on Virtue.
>>
>>376300606
At some point I just rolled characters for theme and didn't try to be strong, then played with a posse doing the same.

There was only a small subset of the content that was actually tuned for properly built characters, everything else was designed so you could fumble through it with a rag tag team of whatevers.

It's a funny balancing act they had to try and deal with.
>>
>>376293840
it was shit and shit games shut down
>>
>>376294619
Dont do this, the CoH players are our allies that also got fucked over by "GW"2
>>
>>376294737
>had probably the best character creation ever with all the costume parts and whatnot

Nah it wasn't even as good as contemporary wrestling games.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.