[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>people actually believe a Switch port of SSB4 is coming this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 13

File: SSBSWITCH.jpg (3MB, 1800x2915px) Image search: [Google]
SSBSWITCH.jpg
3MB, 1800x2915px
>people actually believe a Switch port of SSB4 is coming this year. They would have announced it by now. Makes zero sense to wait.

That being said, what are the chances of this game being ported?
>>
SSB4 isn't going to be ported because unlike the other games that are/have been ported, Smash also came out on the 3DS which had a huge install base and made money. They're only doing the Wii U ones because they all sold for shit.
>>
>>376287415
Dont count it out yet, If its not announced at E3, then you can say that.
>>
E3 announcement would generate a tremoundous amount of hype. I'm almost certain were getting a deluxe version this year.
>>
>>376287624
I got the Switch as a gift but wasnt gonna buy one till probably next year. But SMash would make me buy one for sure
>>
Even if it's not slated for this year, you know it's still coming. There's still a whole bunch of unreleased Switch games Nintendo has to hype up, so they're probably going to focus on marketing them all as best they can before announcing future titles
>>
>makes zero sense to wait for the biggest gaming trade show in the world
>>
i hope they use a cover like this, you know, where bayonetta's ass is more on display than any other char.

god bless that ass
>>
>>376288569
>they already adimitted that their event will be meh
>>
File: are these niggas serious.png (142KB, 299x252px) Image search: [Google]
are these niggas serious.png
142KB, 299x252px
>>376287415
They'll do it eventually, the switch has some momentum at the moment but without a port with ALL DLC and new modes it aint happening. Nintendo cant jew this one, if they want a strong presence they have to release it with all the DLC plus extras. If they want to go further, they'll fucking give any future addons as updates instead of charging for it. Switch simply doesn't have the market presence for jew tactics yet.
>>
they announced the mario kart 8 3 months before launch, they know ports arent a system seller so theres no point to hype them up much
>>
They're still going to announce the bundled versions of the system soon.

It would make a lot of sense for them to announce a smash4 port during the E3 direct. They may also even announce a release date that is not long after the direct.

It would make even more sense for them to make a Smash4 Switch bundle that can be pre-ordered.

But this is Nintendo we're talking about, so none of this will happen.
>>
>>376288732
>making shit up
You can't make this shit up.
>>
>>376287415
Zero.

Sakurai is a fucking lazy retard who plays the typical nippon victim. SSB was always just a vessel to advertise Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem. If they released a Switch, nintendo would force him to include characters that actually represent nintendo and are recognizable by people like Paper Mario, King K. Rool, Squd Kids, Ribbon Girl, Waluigi and Banjo Kazooie. Sakurai instead just wants to put in Alm, Sephiroth, Azura, Celica, Camilla, Dark Lucina, Dark Palutina, Chrom and Sasuke.
>>
>people think there will be a smash 4 port and not just a regular smash in 2 years or so
Idiots
>>
>>376289042
>they know ports arent a system seller
Literally every Switch game has been a port so far.
>>
>>376289174
>King K. Rool
>Banjo Kazooie
>recognizable
Pick one.
>>
>>376287415
Hope so. Feels pretty likely considering the amount of work that went into the games development.

I would love a port that includes both the 3DS and WiiU content.
>>
File: Untitled.png (3MB, 1280x901px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
3MB, 1280x901px
>>376287415
There already was a Super Smash Bros. Deluxe.

It's what Melee was called in Japan. And Brawl was called Super Smash Bros. X.
>>
>>376289174
>implying they wouldn't outsource the development of the port
>>
>>376289189
Is there any reason that they wouldn't do both?
>>
>>376289407
More recognizable than Mo-Mo-chan from Super Gundam Phantasy Fighter MXCLVII Super Ultra IV Turbo: Hurt Feelings Edition (PAL release only)
>>
>>376287624
Why do faggots use deluxe for every port they think they are getting now?

>Smash Deluxe
>Pokken Deluxe
>HW Deluxe

Kill yourselves it won't use deluxe if you do get a shoddy port, that isn't as hype as a new game, I hope OP is right and the switch isn't a fucking port machine
>>
>>376289754
Probably because of the missed audience Nintendo can sell those games to for added sales and easy padding of software while waiting for 3rd parties to jump aboard / get their own original Switch games out the door.

See the Gen 8 consoles Xbox One and PS4 which were port machines in year 1 and half of year 2.
>>
>>376288690
I imagine that the cover would be similar in style to Smash 3DS and Smash U, but with its own signature color (probably yellow/gold to round out the three and give off a deluxe vibe, or deep red with white to match the Switch logo like blue matches the Wii U logo and bright red matches the 3DS logo). Show a bunch of characters leaping forward/outward, and make sure that the DLC characters are the primary ones being shown along with Mario. And of course the title would be Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch.
>>
>>376289754

I want them to call the Switch port "for Both" even if it doesn't quite make sense.
>>
this thing is getting more ports than the Vita goddamn
>>
>>376289174
I can't tell if this post is serious.
>>
I think it will kind of be a port, but not completely. Like, it'll reuse almost all the assets and even engine of Smash 4 entirely, but the menus and modes could all use a reworking to try and differentiate it from the other two versions. Most desperately, a hopefully better Classic Mode. And rather than just having all the Wii U stages, I think it'll be a good mix of new and old stages from both Wii U and 3DS, with possibly some not making it due to either redundancy or just not being favorable stages worth bringing back. (Miiverse obviously wouldn't come back) Obviously this can involve some new stages and characters too, but I wouldn't expect a whole lot there. Maybe 1 or 2 of each. Perhaps we could expect more trophies and songs, or at least a merging of trophies from both versions of Smash 4. If anything new does get added, odds are it'll be strictly from games that came out after Smash 4 did.
>>
File: 1425255041327.jpg (23KB, 500x316px) Image search: [Google]
1425255041327.jpg
23KB, 500x316px
>>376287415
The only thing Smash 4 needs is Melee mode and more stages. It has enough characters.
>>
>yfw ridley as a playable character in the switch version

Screencap this post, its pretty much a given at this point
>>
More characters
More customization of some sort
More Musics
Remixed moves
More single modes
More Multi modes
Competent online (we are paying for this)
Melee Mode to shut up people whining about Melee still.
>>
100% chance of this happening

though it might not happen this year

but Sakurai has stated he's not looking to make a new (wink wink) mario kart or a new (wink wink) smash bros any time soon

so that just leaves re-making smash bros 4 for the switch
>>
>>376289754
Superstar Saga remake is also using deluxe
>>
I am having doubts that it will happen and here's why...

Take a look at this Amiibo. Look at the Nintendo logo. Keep in mind this is a 2017 release Amiibo...
>>
Next spring
>>
File: 3228748-3.jpg (123KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
3228748-3.jpg
123KB, 1000x1000px
>>376291223
Now look at this, and you will see the CURRENT Nintendo Amiibo packaging logo. Why the discrepancy? Amiibo and Smash go together wether you wanna admit it or not, and I don't see them re-releasing the entire line for those that missed out on 3DS/Wii U anymore.

At first I thought it was likely, but now with not a peep, this packaging, and other considerations... there's no guarantee a port will ever happen.
>>
>>376288732

It's what they've been doing for he past 2 years, you stupid faggot. They hold their own event.
>>
File: 1381145119051.png (2KB, 230x241px) Image search: [Google]
1381145119051.png
2KB, 230x241px
>Super Smash Bros. For Wii U Deluxe For Switch
>>
>>376287517
Fucking nobody plays smash on 3ds tho.
>>
>>376291463

This tbqhf
>>
>>376291309
because people collect in box and changing it for the last 3 would trigger us
>>
I doubt we'll be seeing a deluxe version of literally every Wii U game in existence. Sure, it's cheap and easy, but people will eventually catch on and realize "this thing has no games outside of ports".

You gotta have some new games in the mix besides ARMS and Odyssey. A port here and there is one thing, but just porting the entire Wii U library for the next 5 years and praying third parties will support you again is a seriously stupid plan.
>>
File: NintendoDirect-Amiibo-Pikmin.jpg (152KB, 863x1200px) Image search: [Google]
NintendoDirect-Amiibo-Pikmin.jpg
152KB, 863x1200px
>>376291540
Yet the Zelda ones made the Switch, and Zelda, a Switch game supports the Zelda series Amiibo, and other games will moving forward. Seeing legacy logo on the Smash ones and JUST the Smash ones is too damned odd.
>>
>>376287415
All of the dlc, platform specific levels, and new stuff would be pretty nice.
>>
Sm4sh will be ported for sure, unfortunately, it's gonna be most likely a straight port with all the dlc included and no new characters, maybe a new patch if we are lucky. It would be pretty cool if you could play people who own the wiiu version although that's pretty much impossible.
>>
>>376291309
>>376291223
So you don't upset the poor hearts of those who have collected them all and want them all to have matching boxes and styles. Hell that huge delay in smash amiibo might just be signs to keep it relevant for a Switch edition.
>>
I expect a Smash 5 to be announced. It's pretty much tradition now that every new console gets a new Smash.
>>
>>376291629
I don't give a shit about pikmin but this looks amazing.
>>
>>376291803
Not gonna happen soon. Give it at least three more years.
>>
>>376287415
I would say zero. If they were going to do it, now, when there is a drought of games, would be the best time.
>>
>>376291629
To be fair, the Smash series is fucking massive compared to everything else, having 6 out of 60something figures be different is a little silly.
>>
>>376291883

I give it a year tops and we'll get an announcement.
>>
>>376291717
But the packaging for Zelda shifted, and those are a series, and it's not like Smash hasn't had a change before. At first, the rear said Wii U...
>>
File: dr-mario-amiibo-box-back.jpg (558KB, 723x791px) Image search: [Google]
dr-mario-amiibo-box-back.jpg
558KB, 723x791px
>>376292021
But newer figures and releases said 3DS and Wii U instead. So a shift ALREADY happened in that line.
>>
Well fuck. I never considered the packaging a sign. Shit.
>>
>>376291659
No joke. Corneria is myall time favorite level from smash and I was super pissed to see it's exclusive to 3ds.
>>
File: Screenshot 2017-05-07 20.24.57.png (376KB, 1639x964px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2017-05-07 20.24.57.png
376KB, 1639x964px
>>376292021
The 30th edition is a different Amiibo series from the BotW and newer LoZ series. While Smash series is just that.
>>
>>376289174
>>
no way they're going to blow their load this year. it's definitely going to happen, but not yet. with Splatoon 2, ARMS, and Mario Odyssey, there's no reason to.

they'll do it next year, probably around this time, with a release marketing campaign similar to MK.
>>
Sakurai already said he and his team was done with smash after Smash for WiiU and was going to work on other games, also Namco is doing their own thing. Nobody has time for a port of this smash game, especially after you guys did nothing. but insult Sakurai and the devs that worked on it calling Sakurai "A hack" on his twitter ad nonstop shitposted across the internet about Smash 4 balance and fire emblem characters being in the roster.
>>
>>376292140
Same, actually.
>>
>>376289754
i don't want a port either but the success of mk8 deluxe changes everything.

it would be easy money for them to rerelease sm4sh with wiiu and 3ds stages along with inklings and ice climbers.
>>
>>376292627
They need to do Tropical Freeze
>>
Smash Deluxe would only be worth it if they made the 3ds exclusive levels for the main game. I like the 3ds selection of stages better. Possibly because they weren't full of bullshit built for 8 player clusterfucks.
>>
>>376292359
This, I already expect backtracking at e3 when it doesn't happen saying it'll be next year, already seeing it in the thread now
>>
>>376292963
>3ds stages
>Revised smash run with coop
>Skins/modes/customs/etc. Unlockable with coins
>Improved netplay with some kind of a ranking and matchmaking system
>Balance patches/support for at least a year

Man I would be so happy to buy this game again
>>
>>376287415
Wouldn't they have to pay again for the licensing of all those characters?
>>
>>376293194
Time to grow up and realize none of that matters if the paycheck is fat
>>
>>376287415
Reggie already confirmed we are getting a smash for switch port or no. It's a fact. Look it up dumb nerd poster.
>>
>>376293343
>>ranking system
No
>>
>>376293929
Paycheck wont be enough if Sakurai hands snap.
>>
I hope it gets a port, love Smash but stayed away from the Wiiu so missed all these cool new interesting characters
>>
>>376293929
>Telling me to grow up on /v/ of all places

Wew, Wonder how they'll get a port going when both Sakurai and Namco are busy with other things as that anon stated, as time passes they might as well make a new game when they are done

Guess that check must have worked for a melee port, oh wait, not even Iwata could convince a port out of him
>>
>>376294443
>implying Sakurai wouldn't want his game to be played by the much more massive audience that bought the Switch, which unlike the Wii U isn't just a handful of fat autistic turbovirgins
>>
If nothing is announced at E3 then it's not happening.

Also...
>Deluxe wouldn't use GCN controllers
>>
>>376294443
Meant to reply to this bleeding heart>>376292359
>>
All I want is for the Ice Climbers and transformations to be back. Everything that was gimped because of the 3DS version.

All the DLC would be nice, but I wouldn't bet on all the stages from both versions or any new modes or anything.

Maybe they could go around Sakurai's back and give the clones their own move sets though.
>>
Bonk's gonna make it in this time, right?
>>
>>376290321
"Smash For All" would be better
>>
>>376290321
It'd included the stages from both 3DS & Wii U, both Smash Run & Smash Tour, and add the Ice Climbers back in
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.