[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was this a good spiritual successor to System Shock? Dare I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: Prey_box_shot.jpg (762KB, 1527x2178px) Image search: [Google]
Prey_box_shot.jpg
762KB, 1527x2178px
Was this a good spiritual successor to System Shock?

Dare I say even more so than Bioshock was?
>>
The good System Shock or the meme one?
>>
Absolutely. But it's not like anybody on /v/ would know. /v/ never played old games, all they know is to spout buzzwords.

Juat watch how so many people will talk shit about this game. /v/ doesn't know shit about games.
>>
Is it good though?
I keep getting a nagging feeling that the positive threads here are from shills.
>>
>>376283160
>spiritual successor to System Shock

this doesn't mean much when they're already making a real third game as well as redoing the first game.
>>
>>376283453
if you like shooters like Bioshock you should have a lot of fun
>>
Its pretty fun for the 2 hours I got into it. I love how the psi power work
>>
It's a pretty good game you play as a mimic, especially considering everything is an experiment to see if you can mimic human emotions
>>
>>376283160
It's really mediocre, don't let /v/ fool you
>>
>>376283453
That's only because you keep letting a bunch of kids who hold garbage like Halo 3 in high regard tell you what's a good game and what isn't.
>>
>>376283414
>talk shit
There are issues with the game, however. To just autistically brush all criticism off as "you don't know shit" is a terrible mindset that indicates a low-quality intelligence.
>>
>>376283708
>That's only because you keep letting a bunch of kids who hold garbage like Halo 3 in high regard tell you what's a good game and what isn't.
you should follow your own advice and be more self-aware
>>
>>376283723
90% of the criticism on /v/ is not legitimate. It's butthurt pirates crying over Denuvo, edgy teens who think they'll fit in if they pretend to hate everything, paranoid faggots who think everyone who says anything positive is a paid shill, and maybe like 5% actual discussion/critique (bump that up to 20% after the game drops in price and the aforementioned people actually start playing it)
>>
>>376283867
Fair enough, I suppose, but a better term is "Take all criticism with a grain of salt, because this is /v/."
Also, Denuvo is a legitimate complaint. Why should you feel the need to protect your product if it's good enough on its own? Word of mouth is a genuinely powerful tool and if your game is good enough, some pirate-fags will buy it and potentially even more people will consider it through the grape vine.
>>
>>376284015
I don't necessarily disagree, but there has to be something to it or else major devs wouldn't keep using it. I'm not an economist or anything like that so I can't really comment on how piracy actually affects sales (if at all)
>>
>>376284229
Nor can I on sales impact, however, the intended impact is that on PC, it keeps people from playing the game for free so that more people blind-buy, unaware that those who pirate are a mixture of people who will buy it if it's actually good, people who download and play it because why not, and people who download and play it with full intent to never buy it, expecting all games to be a free ride. They believe it's entirely the last group and believe that cutting them off boosts sales when in reality that pirate group will either skip it or learn about the game from reviews, friends, and whatever else before even considering buying it and usually the product, a prime example being Far Cry Primal, is pureed garbage unanimously and Denuvo is just there to get people to blindly buy it like sheep.
>>
>>376283453
>Is it good though
>>376283515
>if you like shooters like Bioshock
More like deus ex (original) where there is multiple ways to confront the areas, not only combat.
its an old skool sp fps, made for consoles. imo
>>
>>376283867
I am playing it on the PS4, and there is a major deadzone issue with specifically the PS4 version.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfJXOQ2LcgI

submitted a ticket too, they say its under....to be fixed.
all while im having to play with this shit
>>
>>376283160
>Dare I say even more so than Bioshock was?
Easily
>>
Game was 11/10 until the post credits scene confirmed what I was afraid of and managed to retroactively ruin everything that was interesting about the game.

Don't regret the purchase or all the time dumped into it, I had a great fucking time, but why the fuck did they ruin it like this? How stupid it is and the way it's presented almost feels like it was an executive decision they were told to add later so the game would have a big twist like System Shock did. Wouldn't surprise me, that's probably exactly how it got called Prey.
>>
>>376286252
System Shock didn't have a plot twist.
>>
>>376286354
I was clearly referring to System Shock 2.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.