[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>analysts are speculating about Apple using some of their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

>analysts are speculating about Apple using some of their piles of cash to buy more companies to expand their ecosystem
>they listed several video game publishers as possibilities
What do you guys think about this? Is the world ready for another Pippin?
>>
Apple didn't have the cult following they do now when the Pippin came out. Realistically though, I can't see an Apple console making it work. It'd probably end up being like the Ouya where it's a glorified app player for TV, which nobody wants or needs.
>>
>>376281548
They wouldn't necessarily need to make a console. They could just publish games, and port all of EA/Activision/Take Two's games to the Mac (even though Apple doesn't seem interested in making Macs with powerful GPUs at all...).

Although it would be funny if Apple bought a big publisher, and then stopped publishing games on Xbox and Windows because Microsoft is their competitor, so a lot of games are now Playstation/Mac/Nintendo exclusives.
>>
File: 1422041063475.gif (1MB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
1422041063475.gif
1MB, 300x169px
>>376281347
>EA, Activision and Take-Two
>Combined with apple

Its like a league of super villains
>>
Makes sense. It would bring more support for Apple computers which currently don't get much or very shitty support. Between Apple cultists and exclusive 2K + GTA they could easily get 50M+ sales a gen.

Personally, I'm down. We haven't seen a new company enter the fray since 2002. It'd also force Sony and Microsoft to innovate since they can't bet on being the default normie console anymore. I mean can you imagine CoD and FIFA being exclusive to one console? It'd poach normies from all the others.
>>
>>376282470
Apple would have to start including 1050ti level GPUs in the base level macbook pro if they want this to work. The vast majority of computers they sell only have integrated graphics. The appeal that Apple has with normies is that they just work(tm). Advertising that they're bringing games to Mac, only for people to find out that they need a Mac Pro or an iMac with with a half decent GPU to play the games, would not go over well.
>>
>>376281347
>buying Tesla or Disney

This chucklefuck obviously has no clue what he's talking and is just throwing huge names against the wall to get attention.
>>
File: 1444739434922.jpg (11KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
1444739434922.jpg
11KB, 259x194px
>tfw I just remembered Steve Jobs is dead
>>
File: 1491017118593.jpg (91KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1491017118593.jpg
91KB, 612x612px
>>376282915
>apple will die in your lifetime
>>
>>376282743
Please read the rest of my post.

>>376282858
No they won't. Unlike PC gaming, the point won't be to play with stellar graphics, the point will just be to play it, which is beneficial to them because they may sell consoles at a loss, but laptops and PCs are sold at a hefty profit.
>>
>>376282976
Apple has more money in the bank than most governments... Even if they operated at a loss, they could do that for decades after you die before they have to go out of business.

>>376283104
Integrated graphics aren't good enough to even just play games. Fucking Overwatch runs at 30fps at 720p on the Skylake iGPU. I think a 1050ti is the minimum because Apple includes pretty high resolution screens on their laptops, if they want to run games at medium at native resolution, they'll need a 1050ti.
>>
>>376281347
They're going the ATT route, eh?
>>
>>376281347
>apple buying disney or tesla
who is this person and why does anybody listen to them?
>>
>>376283298
The games wouldn't have amazing graphics by a longshot. We're talking EA, Activision and 2K. Plus, they'll actually own the devs, so as we can see with Nintendo, when you optimize to hell you can get some shockingly good graphics on underpowered hardware.
>>
>Apple buying out EA and making them even shittier
Sweet sweet revenge

I'm STILL upset about Westwood
>>
>>376283104
>Apple will sell even literal shit at a loss
You have to be over 18 to browse this site
>>
File: 1362787693642.png (25KB, 1008x730px) Image search: [Google]
1362787693642.png
25KB, 1008x730px
>One of the things on there shopping list is Disney
Doesn't disney basically run everything? There's no way they're smaller than apple
>>
>>376282470
This would be perfect. It would force them to make sports sims again.
>>
>>376282906
>Disney
Actually the reasoning is that they could make Disney/Marvel/Star Wars exclusive to iTunes and their devices to hurt Google Play and Amazon Prime. It would still be a stupid move since they'd wall out millions of paying customers for a few hundred thousand who might bend over and take a new iPhone up the ass for the exclusives. Plus it would likely be a PR disaster as it would be Apple villifying themselves to the public with blatant scheming.
>>
>>376283539
Nintendo can make low powered systems work because they pair them with low resolution screens. The 3ds has a 240p screen. The Switch is only 720p, for a device that came out in 2017 that's awful.
>>
>>376283539
> We're talking EA

Frostbite on mac would be a significant investment, that EA appears to have tried and failed to do.
>>
>Apple gets into the gaming industry
>They get 3rd party support automatically because they make more drones than the US military
>Nintendo still has to "prove themselves" like usual

Kek
>>
>>376282470
Seriously, Apple can make there normie super console and then its just Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo stuck in a room with the people they've been ignoring since the Wii
>>
>>376283842
Disney is worth 92 billion. Apple is worth 600 billion.
>>
>>376281347
This speculation has been around for a decade. I can't see any reason why any outside tech company would be interested in pushing out a console in the current environment. Every console is a loss lead to profits from games and services. You need developer backing and a shitton of infrastructure overhead to even consider moving in to the crowded console market. You cant just flip a factory to push out an iGame and hope for the best.
>>
>>376284046
What the actual fuck.
>>
>>376281347
Apple getting into the game industry is as compelling to me as Amazon getting into it.

Until I see it happen and I see some good games, I have no reason not to think that they have no fucking idea what they're doing and they're just planning on producing cash grab shovelware.
>>
>>376284067
>Every console is a loss lead to profits from games and services.
That isn't true this generation. The PS4 and Xbox One are sold at a profit. IDK about the Switch though.
>>
>>376283725
I'm saying it's a possibility. They're not going to buy two or three major publishers, sink all that money into R&D and then say "Nah, let's save some money by selling it for a profit even if it means this won't sell well and our entire investment was for nothing." They also might not because this is Apple we're talking about.

>>376284067
Because microtransactions and paid online means that if you win the console race you're going to be swimming in cash. PlayStation makes $500M in profit a year. High risk but high reward, and when you have as much as Apple does, you can take the risk.

>>376284046
>>376284098
It's up to $800B now. Only $250B in cash though.
>>
>>376283927
But it works because games still drive sales. 30fps at 900p or 1080p is pretty ridiculous too. We've long passed the normie perception asymptote
>>
>>376284046
what
>>
>>376284612
I think anon is saying the even normies realize how shit tier console performance is
>>
>>376284554
I'm still not convinced. Apple spent so much effort trying to sell people on the retina meme, and 4k is the marketing term of the year now. People would notice if games ran at low resolutions. Apple can afford to put a 1050 or 1050ti (or AMD equivalents) into a laptop that starts at $1,500. Apple doesn't care much about tech specs or any of that, but they do obsess over the presentation of their products. They wouldn't want their games to run at 900p after telling people that "retina" screens are so great.
>>
Apple will buy a small Japanese puppet company so they can buy Nintendo.
>>
>>376285005
My bad, the Macbook pro starts at $1,300 if you count the last gen one they still sell.
>>
>>376281347
I dont play games from those companies, so I dont care.

>Buying EA
>Ever

Nah man.
>>
>Apple thinks buying companies will change the fact they are one of the most hated tech companies that plagues the game industry
>>
>>376286463
How does Apple plague the game industry?
>>
>>376286605
Mobile
>>
>>376283913
I think anon logic goes that
>Implying Apple can ($$$$$$$) fucking buy Disney
>>
>>376284046
>being worth =/= having $$$$ to make a buy out
unless Apple starts to liquidate assets to get cash to make said buy out
>>
>>376286656
That's not their fault. All they did was make a smartphone, they didn't make any games, and shit, games were a thing on mobile before smartphones too.
>>
>>376285094
im sure there are not enough stocks on teh wild of Nintendo to pull a hostile take over.
>>
>>376286656
Apple provided a platform, devs decided to make a shitshow out of it
>>
>>376286861
Apple has been piling up cash for a while now, which is why people are speculating that they're going to be making a big acquisition soon. They're up to $250 billion in cash at hand.
>>
>>376286989
You're right, Nintendo still owns over 50% of their stock.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.