[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do we need in a modern skateboarding game? http://www.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: TonyHawksProSkaterPlayStation1.jpg (67KB, 500x497px) Image search: [Google]
TonyHawksProSkaterPlayStation1.jpg
67KB, 500x497px
What do we need in a modern skateboarding game?

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-pc-needs-a-new-skateboarding-game/
>>
We just need a new Skate from EA. one game they refuse to fucking rehash.
>>
You need to restore skateboarding as relevant in the current zeitgeist. Current culture is so feminised that a male dominated punk rock type hobby just doesn't have the pull it once did for youngsters.
>>
>>376280030

And yet somehow Steep got made, despite being a male-dominated punk-rock hobby-based game.
>>
>>376280030
I'm drinking whisky right from the bottle and playing skate 3 right now...I'm only 23 and I'm outdated?
>>
If you are white and cannot skateboard, you are a disgrace to your race
>>
>>376280030

just include scooter mode, kids fucking love scooters.
>>
>>376280307
Steep was a shit game and had none of the style associated with Tony Hawk.
>>
>>376280962
Skate 3 sold poorly, so yes.
>>
I would unironically enjoy an open world skateboarding game with mechanics similar to THPS.
>>
Real talk: Tony hawk Proskaters 1-4 are fucking amazing and are easy to pick up and play anytime for hours on end. the first 2 are a little shitty because there was no analog stick on the PS1 so it's harder to control but the later ones are perfect
>>
Tony Hawk Underground 3
>>
>>376282978
>no analog stick on the PS1
U wot m8? There was, but I used the d-pad anyway. I never would have been able to input the directions accurately enough to do special tricks on an analog stick.
>>
They were a product of their time, skating isn't extreeeeeme anymore like in the late 90s early 00's, that's why the franchise died not because of the endless spin-offs.
>>
>>376283181
which is your favorite THPS? Mine is either 3 or 4. I think they really perfected it in those games. All of them have super nostalgic early 2000s pop punk in them I love
>>
>>376283367
I never played 3 or 4 until more recent years. The one I played the most was 2 without question. The manual was a killer feature. The thing they added in 3 to let you continue combos after landing on a ramp (can't remember what it's called) was useful but almost felt like it made things too easy. Also, I played 3 and 4 on PS1, so idk how different they were on 6th gen consoles.
>>
>>376283025
would buy
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.