[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Takeshi Kitano and Shigesato Itoi, two celebrities that decided

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: safaef.png (1MB, 1024x571px) Image search: [Google]
safaef.png
1MB, 1024x571px
Takeshi Kitano and Shigesato Itoi, two celebrities that decided to try making an NES game with no previous experience.
One created Mother, and the cult success of that would lead to him making Earthbound and Mother 3, two RPGs considered some of the best ever made.
The other made Takeshi's Challenge, widely regarded as one of the worst video games ever made.
What made Itoi's project go so well and Takeshi's go so wrong?
>>
takeshis challenge was ahead of its time

mans a genius
>>
Itoi can write and was aided by nintendo.
Takeshi never wanted to even make the game, I remember the devs saying he just spout shit while drunk and made them put it all in the game
>>
Do you think Kitano has Yakuza connections?
>>
>>376266748
Is Itoi actually a celebrity? I thought he mostly works at Nintendo
>>
File: 1441086254199.jpg (47KB, 688x666px) Image search: [Google]
1441086254199.jpg
47KB, 688x666px
>>376266748
>>376266820
>>376266870

Takeshi was just pulling a kaufman troll the shit out of your audience stunt.

Itoi wanted to tell a story.
>>
>>376266748
Vic "Takeshi" Romano would later blame the limited technology at the time for the lack of commentary in Takeshi's Challenge.
>>
>>376266748
Weird thing is that Mother and Takeshi's Challenge both feel way different than most other video games... and kind of similiar to each other, actually. Both have that 'reality filtered through video games' feel that seems to focus more on how everything assists the effect of the game rather focusing on playability.
>>
>>376267039
He does not work at nintendo.
He is a famous copywriter
>>
>>376267039
At the time he was apparently a celebrity in Japan, although far less known than Takeshi was.
>>
Which movie does /v/ think is Kitano's best?
>>
>>376266748
takeshi kitano is a genius director and top tier actor while other person is a literally who code monkey

also i really doubt takeshi's castle is worse than earthbound
>>
>>376267229
sorry, literally who celebrity
>>
>>376267050
But what would Kenny have to say about it?
>>
Beat Takeshi is in Yakuza 6 though which is better than Mother and Earthbound
>>
>>376266748
Beat Takeshi could actually write a great game, he just needed people who cared and understands game mechanics to aid him the way Iwata, Hal and APE did
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.