[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Tekken 7 story narrator is some guy making documentary/photographing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

File: tekken-7.jpg (125KB, 540x672px) Image search: [Google]
tekken-7.jpg
125KB, 540x672px
>Tekken 7 story narrator is some guy making documentary/photographing war zones
>Some characters (Bryan, Miguel) have intros or outros where they look at the camera or/and damage it
>The Round Announcer sounds the same as the story narrator

DEEPEST LORE
>>
File: PRESS.jpg (242KB, 1913x881px) Image search: [Google]
PRESS.jpg
242KB, 1913x881px
Some 10 minutes of the story mode

3:33 for DEEPEST LORE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JpQinRlfrA
>>
Too bad the guy's camera only records at 900p :^)
>>
File: 1493393995201.jpg (217KB, 622x931px) Image search: [Google]
1493393995201.jpg
217KB, 622x931px
Has jun appeared in story mode at all from what we have seen?
>>
>>376261414
>>376261598

He ends up documenting the King of the Iron Fist Tournament and gets revenge on Mishima Zaibatsu?
>>
>>376261598
the story mode looks dope
>>
Post Tekken girls
>>
>>376261986
Only in blink-and-you'll-miss-it flashback montages recapturing the events of the previous tournaments.
>>
>>376261414
Looks good. As someone who hasn't played Tekken since Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection on PSP, what do I need to know storywise to catch up?
>>
>>376263809

Someone's going to die.

My money is on Heihachi dying.
>>
>>376263809
>what do I need to know storywise to catch up?
Not much really since you only missed Tekken 6 then.

Basically Jin is the canon winner for Tekken 5, becomes the head of Mishima Zaibatsu, however the apple doesn't fall far of the tree and Jin goes batshit CEO mode like Kazuya did in Tekken 2, but with a spin on it, Jin went crazy and waged war against the world on purpose to awake an ancient evil (no joke) he thought was the source of every single evil energy in the world, his devil gene included.

Jin theorized that if he defeated this being called Azazel then he would be rid of the devil gene forever, turns out he turned world into shit in vain because even after Azazel's defeat his tattoo was left intact, meaning the gene lived on.

That's basically it, now we have Tekken 7 with Kazuya's mother now being stated as the source of the devil gene, let's see how that plays out.
>>
>>376264192
Too popular to be killed off, character wise and gameplay wise.

I can only think of Liu Kang as the only time a major character, the protagonist himself, was ever killed in a plot heavy fighting series, and it didn't stick at all, he got killed in Deadly Alliance's intro making him not playble in it, got brought back in the very next game.
>>
>>376261598
>Fucking FRANK WEST
The deal with Capcom didn't stop to Akuma lads
>>
File: 93.png (105KB, 597x829px) Image search: [Google]
93.png
105KB, 597x829px
>>376263048
>>
>>376264192
>My money is on Heihachi dying.
Better save your money.

I can only see Kazumi dying, as in she was supposed to be dead and is somehow alive again, she is there to fuel to the Mishima drama even further and will likely go back to being dead after whatever reason she is back gets dealt with.

Just like Jinpachi in Tekken 5, got ressurected to die in the same time frame.
>>
>>376264192
they all die
Kazuya and Heihachi probably kill themselves on the volcano fighting each other
Gouki kills Jin because Jin can't control the devil gene and there's no way to fix it without killing him
Endless Azure is the final level where you play as Gouki vs Jin
>>
File: 94.png (212KB, 942x796px) Image search: [Google]
94.png
212KB, 942x796px
>>376264758
>>
>>376264771
I'm pretty sure it was said that some mishimas live just that their stories are ending in this game.

Unless Akuma turns into Oni I can't see him overpowering the Devil Gene
>>
>>376263809
Tekken 6: Jin's T5 ending is canon, he takes over the Mishima company, and Kazuya takes over G Corp after killing the guys who sent those Jacks after him in T5's opening. The story teases a major confrontation between Jin and Kaz, but both of them as well as Heihachi get their asses kicked by this new guy who turns out to be an illegitimate son of Hei.

As it turns out, Jin started the war to lure out this giant crystal chicken-thing who is the alleged source of the Devil Gene, or something. He kills it, disappears in the ruins, and Hei shows back up to retake his company, leading into T7.

Did I get that right?
>>
>>376264771
>there's no way to fix it without killing him
If Harada hadn't placed Asuka in the "irrelevant plot wise" tier she would likely be able to purify his devil gene.

Also this is the end of the Mishima Saga, but I don't think Hardada is crazy enough to kill any Mishima, much less of all of them, they are all fan favorites, character wise and gameplay wise, it would basically destroy the playerbase.
>>
>>376265282
>Did I get that right?
Basically most of it, but you didn't mention that while Jin killed Azazel, he failed to purge the devil gene from himself, meaning he was wrong about Azazel being the source of the devil gene or the thing just can't be erased for good.
>>
>>376264349
Not the guy who requested it and I'm someone who is up to date with the story, but nice succinct recap anon.
>>
>The Birgimham qualifier Raven vs Yoshimitsu matches

Jesus Christ that is some quality fucking fighting gaming

Link for anyone interested. Skip to 1:28:00 for the match.

https://youtu.be/7k0Rf9b_r8E
>>
does anyone else not like the fact that akuma has such a big part in the tekken 7 story?
>>
>>376265607
they're in London next weekend. thinking of going so I can play the game early. very aware i'll get my shit kicked in though.
>>
>>376265654
I thought it was fucking stupid, not in the "WTF DROPPED FOREVER" way, but in the "literally throw out my sides laughing" kind of way.
>>
>>376265767
don't get me wrong, i'm not dropping the game, I just think it's a bit of a cheese to just insert akuma in the 7th game and act like they planned him to be the ender of the devil gene or whatever.

I hope i'm wrong and he doesn't have a big part to play.
>>
>>376265607
I was thinking of going to that but i have't even played T7 yet, so no matter how decent I am I would have still gotten torn apart by any of the newer characters.

Would have been fun though.
>>
File: T7FR.jpg (60KB, 528x960px) Image search: [Google]
T7FR.jpg
60KB, 528x960px
>>376265743

I went to Japan and played it in the arcades

Even participated in some small-time tournament and lost to the only girl in the entire thing.

In retrospect it was kind of cute and I got a rad card and some stickers out of pity from the organizer.
>>
>>376265918
Too late for that. He has major story fights with at least Kazuya and Heihachi as confirmed by the trailers and leaks, and there's one cutscene where he singlehandedly defeats a bunch of soldiers. So for better or for worse, we're going to be seeing a lot of him. I will agree that it'd be kind of stupid if he were the one to finally resolve this whole mess.
>>
>>376265743
If you have the time and money you should.

I missed out on the Birmingham one bevause of being busy, but would have gone otherwise even if I did fail miserably early on.
>>
>>376266134
i'm a sucker for tekken merch. you lucky bastard.
>>
>>376265654
Never liked Street fighter, and this character looks so out of place. He doesn't obey the sane universal laws that tekken characters do. I understand that they have become pretty crazy in terms of design lately, but he still manages to appear out of place.
>>
>>376264936
do you have a blog?
>>
>>376266361

The winner got a huge shiny Akuma & Heihachi cardboard cutout thing.
>>
>>376266178
I live an hour away by train. i'm considering it.
>>
>>376265602
Thanks, I may be shit at fight games, but I do play them to the point of knowing any amount of plot they may have.
>>
>>376266490
Nice day out at a tekken event, anon. Can come back on here and tell us how great the game is and then get accused of being a shill.
>>
Why is Yoshimitsu a squid kid now?
>>
>>376267142
shut up. that's why.
>>
>>376267142
Why aren't you?
>>
>>376267237
I'm not fresh enough.
>>
>>376266365
How the fuck does akuma look out of place in a game with angels, demons, fighting wood men, and vampires?
>>
>>376267142
Because he's a kid at heart
>>
>>376267354
Don't forget dinosaurs, bears, robots and Lee.
>>
>>376267354
He isn't designed in the same way they are. Colors, proportions, movement, etc.

Angels, demons, woodmen, vampires, robots all are quite similar in comparison to akuma and the rest of the cast.
>>
>>376267142
because with every iteration after 3 the design team has taken bets on who can have the shittiest yoshi design get pushed through to production
>>
>>376267740
Dude stop woth the mental gymnastics.
>>
if I wanna practice, do I play ttt2 or the psp mod
>>
>>376268692
They're all humanoid looking while akuma looks like some kind of gremlin. I'd stop if I didn't feel this way.
>>
>>376269169
if you have a PS3
TTT2
if you don't have a PS3
emulate Tekken 6
>>
>>376269191
How does a fucking bear and dinosaur look human?

No offense. But damn.
>>
>>376261598
is this fucking ace combat zero
what the hell
>>
>>376269498
Well, Team Ace and Team Tekken do have a thing in common, im@s fags among their ranks.
>>
He won't look out of place once I give him a tuxedo, a halo and a twin tails haircut
>>
>>376269363
Well you didn't initially mention them.

But they're animals so they're meant to be more like animals. The rest are human or variations of humans if you look at the vampires or demons. Literally just skins and wings and shit on top of a human.
Jack is a pretty stylized form of a human, but even that is based on archetypes and media.

The new wrestler guy is quite odd too, but I haven't seen enough of him yet and he's not going to be constantly appearing like akuma is.
>>
>>376263809
Honestly don't worry about it. Story in Tekken is a meme and only included because everything has to have an ebin cinematic story nowadays. Mishima shit is pretty much incomprehensible and every game contradicts what happened before.

The fact 99% of the endings in any given Tekken game are joke endings (that are actually funny) should be your clue.
>>
>>376270418
>Story in Tekken is a meme and only included because everything has to have an ebin cinematic story nowadays. Mishima shit is pretty much incomprehensible and every game contradicts what happened before.
200x this.

>>376263809
Harada has proven to be a hack for a while, and that was before the whole Akuma nonsense. There's no need to try and parse out a story as to why the roster keeps getting bloated with Mishima garbage besides the fact that it sells to edgy 12 year olds. Deaths don't matter either.
>>
>>376267142
He looks like a fucking Tenno.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.