[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>DotA 2 is Mortal Kombat >LoL is Street Fighter >HotS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1484706100316.png (74KB, 662x635px) Image search: [Google]
1484706100316.png
74KB, 662x635px
>DotA 2 is Mortal Kombat
>LoL is Street Fighter
>HotS is Super Smash Bros

where would Smite, Paragon, Awesomenauts and other assfaggots fall on the fighter game comparison chart?
>>
I don't believe the genres are readily comparable honestly.
>>
>>376249850
>OP is a faggot

How did I never see this before?
>>
>>376251081
I'm just trying to make a fighting game analogy to a friend about the genre because he knows more about fighting games than assfaggots

So I'm trying to piece out the thematic and mechanical equivalents to the ones i know
>>
>>376249850
LoL is Quake Champions.
Dota 2 is Counter Strike.
HotS is Overwatch.
>>
That's a fair comparison desu.

>Insert random anime MOBA with shit gameplay and an anime skin as Blaz Blue
>>
>>376252537
But MK is babby tier like LoL and SF3 and 4 are the toughest intellectually of the genre.
>>
Dota should be Street Fighter (invented the genre and created the standard everyone else copies) and LoL should be Mortal Kombat (popular but shit).
>>
>>376252823
>>376252790
okay that makes sense
>>
>>376252823
Dota is MUGEN, in that it didn't invent the genre but took characters from others in the genre to make a game with tons of cool characters.

And everyone copies LoL (to little success).

Also Bloodline Champions is Divekick
>>
>>376253110
Dota was literally the first popular ASSFAGGOT, leaving Aeon of Strife out of it because no one gives a shit what that is and no one really ever played it
>>
>>376253227
Dota 2 is a remake of DotA All Stars, which was an AoS with tons of borrowed characters.
>>
>>376253358
Dota 2 is effectively Dota, as Street Fighter 2 is to Street Fighter
>>
>>376253443
I don't see it that way, although I agree both were the first popular ones in their genre.

Are there any fighting games with odd camera views, like topdown or first person? That I would assign to Awesomenauts
>>
>>376253768
there's 3d fighters like the naruto games or the dbz games or pokken fighters
>>
>>376252537
Make a food analogy instead.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.