[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some good first person shooter games with a great single

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: killzone.png (381KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
killzone.png
381KB, 512x512px
What are some good first person shooter games with a great single player campaign? I own a PS4. I loved the original Killzone on the PS2, is the new one any good?
>>
I also want to know
>>
>>376248434
The new one is good. Read the reviews on it.
>>
Recently I really enjoyed the new Doom and Titanfall 2. I recommend both of them
>>
>>376248434
>>376248496
No. It's boring. Bought it at launch and regretted it. The series peaked on PS2.

Doom has a good single player campaign.
>>
>>376248796
What's bad about it?
>>
>>376248796
>>376248658
Never change, /v/.
>>
Doom looks very promising. What's the verdict on Wolfenstein: The New Order?
>>
>>376249610
Havent played it but i hear its really good but super short.
>>
>>376249610
Awesome. Loved it.
>>
>>376248939
There's nothing BAD about it, it's just mediocre and falls a little flat. Its a pretty game though.
>>
>>376249610
It's short and like a call of duty campaign basically + gay stealth

It's a disgrace of a game, it really spits in return to wolfenstans face

Awful story too
>>
>>376248434
>good first person shooter
>console
no
>>
>>376250289
That's disappointing to hear. Return to Castle Wolfenstein was one of my favorite games as a kid but I lost interest in FPS for a long time afterwards
>>
>>376248434
As someone who actually played the original KZ, I can thoroughly recommend shadow fall.

I will warn you, the MP is completely dead if you were interested in that, which they deserved after patching in loot boxes which also give in game buffs which horribly unbalance the game.

Anyway MP rant out the way, the game panders a lot to fans of the original by bringing back or making variants of weapons from the first like the sniper with the barrel mag, allowing attachments on weapons again so you can have the ISA assault rifle with grenade launcher or the Helghast rifle with the shotgun attachment. The AI are very good, and the game doesn't have a lot of filler, with most of the game feeling unique, and unlike KZ2 or 3 since you aren't on Helghan anymore, you aren't walking through the same dull grey areas again and again.
>>
>>376250940
Me too
My dad had to play the zombie levels I was too scared

That game is such a classic and one of the best games ever made

The levels, the journey, music, the insane setting are all perfection

I really can't think of another FPS that has a better campaign

The new wolfenstain is nothing like it and god, it's so damn annoying to see them turn such a simple story into some deep and emotional "movie"

I really don't understand the praise for it, it's so forgettable that I can't think of most levels

I still remember most from return, and that was like 10 years ago

>>376251532
How long is the game? Is it repayable?
>>
File: wolf.png (20KB, 440x131px) Image search: [Google]
wolf.png
20KB, 440x131px
>>376250289
>It's short
>>
>>376252314
That website is never accurate I found
And even if it was 12 hours it's pretty short when you consider you're paying 60 fucking dollars with literally no other modes but the campaign

So yes short
Return to castle was at least double that and it had more to it

It's not an awful game, it's playable
Just nothing special
>>
>>376248434
ITT: American /v/ being edgy teenagers again
>>
File: vita game.jpg (128KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
vita game.jpg
128KB, 960x544px
>>376251532
If you want Killzone MP you are seriously better off playing Mercenary on Vita.
>>
>>376248939
The first two levels are actually really great. Then the game has average levels that have some decent shootouts (but not enough to make up).

The very last level is decent and has an amazing shootout at the end.

Doom is excellent. Amazing game. Excellent flow and pacing. Top notch shooting. Titanfall 2 I thought was a little over hyped. Much like Killzone Shadows Fall-- decent game book-ended by strong opening/ending.

Honestly... Destiny is fun. A lot of people on V will get mad. But the shooting is on point. You will probably be able to get all the expansions + game for 60-80 and its more than worth it. By the time taken king came along, Destiny had legitimely great single player content. Most of the side-quests/fetch quests reward you with some reasonably intense shoot outs. Strikes are fun. Taken King and on they become reasonably involved. Prison of Elders is fun. Its a great game.
>>
>>376254375
I played Doom and titanfall 2
They were okay
Doom a bit better
I'll probably get shadowfall cuz it's so cheap now
>>
>>376253047
Don't be so cynical, Anon.
>>
>>376253047
>only Americans can be edgy
Who was being edgy here, anyway? All I heard was complaints about killzone sequels being mediocre
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.