[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you make a Star Wars FPS that ISNT part of the Battlefront

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: stormtrooper1.png (155KB, 411x330px) Image search: [Google]
stormtrooper1.png
155KB, 411x330px
How would you make a Star Wars FPS that ISNT part of the Battlefront series?
What would you change to differentiate it?
Who would the developer be?
>>
>>376246728
i would be a badass beat em up made by platinum with badass boss fights and huge stages and lots of different characters like stormtrooper and stormtrooper with blue cloth on hip with bazooka and a epic main story and badass multiplayer and no dlc because thats bad
>>
>>376246728
>How would you make a Star Wars FPS that ISNT part of the Battlefront series?
Republic Commando
This time we hunt jedis and rebel scum
>>
How about a new Dark Forces / Jedi Knight you fucks?
>>
>>376246728
I would like a segment in a game with a horror aspect. Like running away from Darth Vader who is unstoppable
>>
>>376247747
I'm sorry Anon, but Jedi Knight doesn't exist any more.

At best you'll get a Jedi Knight-like game set in the new trilogy setting.
You play a guy awakened to your control over the Force, but you're no Jedi, and you have no lightsaber.
Instead, you spend most of the game alone and heavily outnumbered by folks who want to capture/kill you because of your Jedi powers.
Combine gunplay and Force bullshit to manipulate enemies, weapons and the environment to your advantage.
>>
>>376246728
Literally Imperial Commando during the period between III and IV.
>>
>>376248552
You now imagine a Ghost Recon-like(not the brainless ones) tactical shooter with squad management, super special weapons and tactics and shiet.
Or just the continuation of the Republic commando with more freedom of action and character development.
>sneaking missions in the forests of yavin iv
>behind the lines diversions during the assault on hoth
>korriban city combat
And we will never get any of these.
>>
Are there any true Star Wars RTS games out there? I would really like to see one of those done well. So much space for that too, fighting through planets, spaceships, between spaceships, multiple factions across the entire franchise
>>
>>376247249
>badass beat em up
>badass boss fights
>badass multiplayer
So you want Gearbox to make that game ? Doesn't seem like a wise choice to be honest.
>>
>>376250594

empire at war is pretty cool
>>
>>376250594
There's Empire at War, which has very satisfying space combat, and somewhat disappointing ground combat. There's also galactic battlegrounds, which I hear is very good, but I haven't played that one yet.
>>
>>376246728
Remake Dark Forces and Dark Forces II.
>>
>>376250781
>Shitting on western Platinum
wew lad
>>
>>376246728
Republic commando.
Or a stellar captain ship simulator where you and others drive ships a la Startrek Online but with Star Destroyers and Mon Calamari cruisers.
>>
>>376246728
Remake Shadows of the Empire.
>>
>>376246728
Kind of cheating because it's TPS but I would love a Star Wars game in the vein of Mass Effect 2. Just a character driven romp as a gang of mercenaries or something.
>>
Not an FPS, but what about a game where you repair stuff like droids and ships and you can buy, sell, and trade them and other parts?
>>
A Monster Hunter-like Star Wars game.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.