[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>sharks with freaking laser beams attached to their heads

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: ark.png (398KB, 817x537px) Image search: [Google]
ark.png
398KB, 817x537px
>sharks with freaking laser beams attached to their heads

Why aren't you playing Ark: Survival Evolved?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77-oW_Rof_A
>>
Because it's been proven over and over again that massively multiplayer online survival/crafting games are trash.

ARK is especially bad because it plays like a free-to-play game but isn't even free.
>>
fuck off
>>
>>376242706
>Because it's been proven over and over again that massively multiplayer online survival/crafting games are trash.

Dayz, H1Z1, Star Forge, 7 Days to Die, Rust, Life is Feudal, and Tree of Life prove you wrong
>>
how reddit can you get
>>
>>376242567
kids and teens don't even know where that reference is from, I feel ancient and I haven't even hit my 30s yet...
>>
>>376242567
Isn't this game a broken mess at the moment with servers being a complete dumpster fire? But referencing an almost 20 year old movie that's not funny anymore, that's a good move.
>>
>>376242842
>Dayz, H1Z1

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You're trying to prove me wrong by adding zombies? That's the only way that the survival/crafting shit can get any worse.

Those prove me right.

Rust looks like shit too. I haven't even heard of the others, so I suspect they can't be that great, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and admit that they might be playable.

Ark is garbage, though.
>>
>>376242857

It's okay, they'll just look it up on Know Your Meme.
>>
>>376242842
>DayZ, H1Z1
Are you leading the pack with those two as examples of the genre done well? Then you're stupider than humanely possible. They're both miserable dumpster fires. Hell just mentioning DayZ should have you committing Sudoku to regain your honor, that game is EVERYTHING wrong with with the early access survival genre.
>>
>>376242943
>an almost 20 year old movie that's not funny anymore
I just rewatched the trilogy last year and I still found it pretty funny.
>>
>>376242842
>shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit and shit prove you wrong

"no"
>>
>>376242567
>game is dead
>better meme.
>>
its for teens. I'm 24.
>>
>>376243239
Goldmember is still pretty good, but I found the first two to have aged pretty terribly, the second one being the worst of the three.
>>
WoW did it first
>>
File: ark2.png (135KB, 744x427px) Image search: [Google]
ark2.png
135KB, 744x427px
>>376243365

>game is dead

t.retard
>>
conan exiles has much more potential and will soon enough surpass ark
>>
>>376243656
Poor people.
>>
>>376242848
Logged in to post this.
>>
yet another game where glaring flaws get buried by new buggy content because fixing issues isn't as profitable as adding new zany dinosaurs.

also they release a paid expansion while the game was still in early access. and server v server transfers are just a portal for chinese hackers to ruin your server.
>>
>>376242567

Instead of adding more shit why don't they try optimizing it first.
>>
>>376243656
That's like nothing compared to the total population of Brazil anon
>>
>>376243660
While I don't much care for the crafty-survivy type games I'd be inclined to agree here on the basis that having a broad scope of technology is something that really bogs Ark down. When guys are running around with shotguns and shit while you're still in your loincloth huddled around your crude hut's fire it is terribly demoralizing.
>>
>>376242567
Because i'm not 12 years old anon.
>>
>>376244508
Thats literally what most of then ext update is

Do you know how games work?

Ark is only just nor reaching beta. Its still EA, thats what it means to have a game thats not feature complete, you worry about core mechanics and how they work then after thats all set up you optimize.

Ark is unique because its EA that actually gets updates often for once so it reached a playable state far before it was anywhere near feature complete.
>>
File: 1458689079362.jpg (272KB, 3072x1866px) Image search: [Google]
1458689079362.jpg
272KB, 3072x1866px
>>376245406
It's also unique in that they've already pumped out 2 paid DLCs for it while still in Early Access.
>>
>>376243656
Most of those users bought the game for $5
>>
It really jumped the shark

dead game
>>
>>376246314
fuck off lee
>>
>>376245771
You mean the desert map?
The DLC that changes how the base game opperates and adds an entirely new map and creatures to tame in a new ecosystem. The DLC that also has almost no content compared to The Island. The DLC that hardly gets updates while the base game is still getting tons of content and map updates. The DLC with only 3 caves and 1 boss compared to the base games 9+ caves and 3 bosses.

Man you sure got me there, they are awful for releasing additional content that was completely outside the scope of the initial development.

unless your a parrot or one of those fags that thinks the desert being its own map and rather than being forced onto the island like initally planned is a bad idea? Or was the redwoods, content that was never even thought of back then, wasnt a good enough replacement because its works better thematically and mechanically.
>>
File: 1486561005412.jpg (41KB, 480x403px) Image search: [Google]
1486561005412.jpg
41KB, 480x403px
>>376246314
Lmao, there's this image where it's basically proven that twelve year olds can become mods on here with just as much effort as creating a steam account with false information. This game isn't mlp, hell that's the whole point of that game.
>>
>>376246810
You just made it sound even worse.
>its ok that they're already releasing paid DLC for an unfinished game, because the DLC is even more unfinished!
>>
>>376245406
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
>>
>>376247715
>a dlc is suppose to be as big as the base game

What world are you from anon?

Last I checked DLC in most games offers a fraction of the content of the base game, not an additional 3rd of the game that comes with completely new experiences.
Also if you buy it retail you get both maps

Oh and one last thing
>2 paid DLCs
What pipe are you smoking on anon? Theres literally only one thing to buy on the steam page for DLC right now.
>>
>still horribly optimized
>constantly spawn right next to level 150 raptors
>so many dinosaurs its nearly impossible to have a safe spawn or home
>doing anything takes forever
>constantly grinding for fiber and wood
>taming dinos takes forever
>combat blows

I mean is there anything good in the game? Besides building?
>>
>>376248654
Its survival crafting.
You like it or you dont.

Balance complaints are idiotic as the game is made for large tribes. Just play with higher rates if its too slow.

The draw is that you can go through many different tech ages from stone to future tek in a survival crafting game filled with a hundred different creatures from all across prehistoric times you can tame and use for qol improvements.

Also modded servers will make it last forever like many other games.

Optimization is funny because it runs 5 times better than when it first launched in EA and it is only just now getting real work on optimizing for the next big update.
>>
>>376242567
>literally jumping the shark to revive your shitty game
>>
>>376242842
All of those games are worse than Ark.
>>
File: 1493462114931.jpg (651KB, 635x900px) Image search: [Google]
1493462114931.jpg
651KB, 635x900px
This game would have been better if they replaced the dinosaurs by monstergirl waifus.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.