[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As a developer, I can say the Switch is in many ways the optimal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

The Switch has proven that it's incredibly easy to optimize for to churn out perfect native framerates. In fact, in many cases, the use of assets in Switch ports is SUPERIOR, indicating that the Switch has a certain ease of development courtesy of its unique processor set up that makes it ideal for game development.

It's not an exaggeration to say there will be a flood of third party support. The system is just made for developers, from the options of AA, bloom, semi-transparent effects, and texture mapping. As a programmer, the system is a dream.

Take Dragon Quest Heroes I+II for example. It suffers from low framerate issues, but only because its assets were taken from the PS3 version. They should have worked with the PS4 version from the gecko, which would have lowered the burden on the Switch having to work in a dual variant framework.

In a way, DQH kinda proves the quality of the Switch by being the exception.
>>
>>376224920
>As a developer
Post your Switch devkit. No timestamp necessary, but it better be a unique picture.
>>
File: 1493490327774.jpg (116KB, 1024x400px) Image search: [Google]
1493490327774.jpg
116KB, 1024x400px
>>376225028
Why would that be helpful for you? Anyway, my NDA says I can't....
>>
>>376225381
Then fuck off, we don't need 15 concurrent shallow Switch shill threads at all times, I was first pre-order and pick up for this shit at my local lamestop and even I can't take the shill threads anymore, you fuckers are annoying
>>
>>376224920
As a developer I can say it's a pain to port over games. Rest assured my company will not be porting our games to the switch in the future
>>
>>376225808
I actually own a Switch and I can tell you don't and are a silly underage falseflagging neofag

To be honest
>>
>>376224920
>AA, bloom, semi-transparent effects, and texture mapping. As a programmer, the system is a dream.

Programmers don't do that.
>>
>>376226292
>Programmers don't do that.
programmers don't program. hmm ok kiddo you got me.
>>
File: 1357476353894.png (500KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1357476353894.png
500KB, 720x540px
>>376224920
>gecko
>>
>>376224920

As a developer, I can say that Switch is terrible in every way, and is sure to be a failure. Sub-par system specs, flimsy construction and overreliance on useless gimmicks that do not improve end-user experience will be the death of it.
>>
File: sad gun.jpg (25KB, 380x250px) Image search: [Google]
sad gun.jpg
25KB, 380x250px
>From the Gecko
>>
>>376226513
>portability doesn't change the user experience
HAHAHAHAHA
The rest of what you said can be proven wrong with the simplest of google searches btw
>>
File: 1489304288502.png (21KB, 261x209px) Image search: [Google]
1489304288502.png
21KB, 261x209px
bump
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.