[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Games that not only disappointed you but took your expectations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: movie.293x165.jpg (20KB, 293x162px) Image search: [Google]
movie.293x165.jpg
20KB, 293x162px
Games that not only disappointed you but took your expectations to the fucking ground.

Seriously, even Gone Home had more interaction and a more suspenseful story. Fuck.
>>
>>376222772
>Was actually excited for this one but still haven't completed it yet
>the PS4 theme it came with was really neat tho
>>
Are there horror/supernatural elements? Or is it just a normal forest?
>>
>>376223569
Nothing crazy like that, everything is exactly what it looks like.
>>
>>376223678

So do you have to fight bears and wolves and shit then?
>>
>>376223756
No theres literally only two things you can see that arent yourself in the entire game, ones a guy in a helicopter at the end, another is a deer that you only see once on a scripted path and thats if you walk fast enough before it fades to black
>>
>>376223957
Are you sure? This makes no sense
>>
>>376223957

I feel like I'm not understanding what this game is about, then.
>>
>>376223756
Firewatch is a story/character driven game. The twist at the end is iffy ( if i remember correctly ) but otherwise the story is okay. Now if that isn't your cup of tea it's not really worth playing.
>>
>>376224060
its about coming to terms with your life and midlife crisis while the game makes it seem like you are going to go on a hunt for spoopy shit
>>
>>376224054
nope he's right, they just didnt have the budget and technical knowledge to create human models
>>
File: 1451235819129.jpg (37KB, 992x720px) Image search: [Google]
1451235819129.jpg
37KB, 992x720px
god damn the setting seemed like top-tier comfy with some cool spooky/suspenseful elements added in

serves me right right for getting hyped for a walking sim
>>
>>376224557
i played it just when i got my new pc and 1080p monitor and it was amazingly comfy, but that ending made the entire thing not worth it
>>
>>376224641

yeah the ending is weak..up until then it's really god for what it is..a walking sim
>>
>>376223552

How is that green text?

You don't need to greentext every post you dumb fuck
>>
>>376224705
good*
>>
The guy ends up living in the forest after his son dies for not paying attention to him.

The woman leads him on constantly and has attachment issues.

The guy leaves his wife who needs medical attention because he can't cope with taking care of her.

There's literally no interaction in the game at all.

It's a fucking shit.
>>
>>376224557

Try Vanishing of Ethan Carter if you didn't already. I liked it better. And the end is great.
>>
I didn't have or show any interest in the radio girl so the ending was kind of ridiculous. A coworker takes an earlier flight than me, credits roll.
>>
>>376225038
not op but it was a bit too confusing for me, you could just skip entire parts of the game play and not be able to continue forward, i would have liked the option of objectives, the game was amazingly beautiful though
>>
>>376224770
>fuck you I'm not him but I green text what I want bitch
>your mama was a whore and shoulda swallowed you *GULP*
>>
File: 1493329446938.gif (89KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1493329446938.gif
89KB, 600x450px
>>376225157
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.