[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hate the fact that diferent platforms exist. And also I hate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9

File: 1493035392187.jpg (96KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1493035392187.jpg
96KB, 1920x1080px
I hate the fact that diferent platforms exist.
And also I hate developers who make exclusive games specific to one platform.

Why couldn't they just keep to one platform and that's it?
No more bullshit about X being exclusive and Y running like shit on some platform.

Will there be time when such things as consoles dissapear?
I sure fucking hope so.
>>
>>376212403
Options and competition are good for the consumer, anon.
>>
File: 1493917271532.png (195KB, 546x547px) Image search: [Google]
1493917271532.png
195KB, 546x547px
>>376212403
I suppose competition is healthy and exclusives are pretty much the only notable difference between these Netflix machines but I agree. Fuck exclusives.
>>
Because competition. Consoles need exclusives or you would have no reason to own one.
>>
>I want Microsoft and steam to have a monopoly on games
'no'
>>
>>376212656
Tell me how forcing me to choose between different platforms is better for me as consumer?
If I want to play Person 5 I need to buy PS4, if I want to Play new Zelda i need to buy Nintendo Console and if I want to play some game with the best graphics I need to upgrade my PC.
Overall if I want to try everything I need to spend much more than I would've spent if all these games were on one platform.
>>
>>376212854
if there was no competition, gaming would probably only advance as far as atari or something. That's why.
Competition means needing to improve to snag customers. Without that, you could just peddle the absolute minimum to sell.

Yeah, different platforms sucks, but it's better than the alternative of 1 shitty stagnant platform.
>>
>>376212970
In addition to that, you can choose between different form factors. The Switch is portable, the PS4 plays blu-rays etc.
>>
>ywn rub Moomin tummy
>>
File: all_seeing_eye.jpg (124KB, 400x523px) Image search: [Google]
all_seeing_eye.jpg
124KB, 400x523px
>>376212403
That's some one world government NEW WORLD ORDER talk op.
>>
EXCLUSIVES ARE RANSOMWARE REEEE START THE PETITION LLOYD

I DONT ACTUALLY PLAY VIDEO GAMES
>>
>>376212403
Gaming was at its very best when Sega and Nintendo tried to outdo each other in the 16 bit era. Competiton is key for the creation of great games.
>>
>>376212656
There's enough competition between developers, hardware makers inside PC.
>>
>>376212970

I disagree. They adapt to each other and implement the worst possible outcome decision for consumer.
Look at paid online.
First implemented by Microsoft it is now a norm.
>>
>>376212854
Competition is always good for the consumer because it leads to innovation, specialization, and diversification. Without competition, there is no real incentive for developers to improve (a task that is cost and time intensive), as because they're the only game in town then consumers will buy what they're putting out regardless. With competition, you have developers putting in the time and money to make new things in an attempt to one-up the other and get a larger market share.
>>
>>376213338
Yet I don't see Ninendo trying to compete with Sony and Microsoft in graphics department.
They have great game but they don't pay enough attention to what other companies do.

There are just so many games and platforms and not very big amount of income.
I know it is more of a personal problem but I don't see enough innovation but rather more business decision in attempt to increase the profit.
>>
File: tumblr_obres7yiRy1u8pg83o1_400.jpg (39KB, 400x327px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_obres7yiRy1u8pg83o1_400.jpg
39KB, 400x327px
Wow cool stuff friends, but how about a Moomin thread?
>>
>>376213602
Graphics aren't the only thing that matters, and if you think it is then you need to really open your eyes. Nintendo has been competing in a different way by doing something that nobody else was doing at the time. They had motion controls on the Wii, the game pad with the Wii U, and now the home/portable duality on the Switch, and to a lesser extent they've been doing dual screen stuff with the DS, 3DS, and Wii U. Nobody else is offering experiences like that, at least not in a way that is as robust as Nintendo's attempts. Why you think muh graffics is the only thing that counts is beyond me.
>>
>>376213602
They compete by offering something that the competition is lacking, anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (109KB, 800x520px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109KB, 800x520px
>>376212403
As a PS4/Vita only owner I feel like I do not need anything else.
>>
File: Art-Print-Jumping-on-Ice.jpg (200KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Art-Print-Jumping-on-Ice.jpg
200KB, 600x600px
>>376213757
I never implied that graphics are the most important aspects.
Only used it as example.
>>
>>376213827
>Vita owner

You probably need a gf though.
>>
File: 8b04cf4564f84d77d0eb2013dc9ae023.jpg (408KB, 1277x1280px) Image search: [Google]
8b04cf4564f84d77d0eb2013dc9ae023.jpg
408KB, 1277x1280px
>>376213827
What about Nintendo games?
And what about some obscure Pc games you wont see on the console?
>>
>>376214000
>Pc games

Most PC exclusives run on 5 year old toasters. Pretty much everyone has an old laptop around to play those.
>>
>>376213895
My mistake, it's just your mentioning and use of it gave the implication that was the only metric you were using to measure competition, when it should have been self-evident that Nintendo's lack of focus on graphics was entirely because they were placing their faith on the other novelties they can offer.
>>
>>376214000
I never cared for Nintendo stuff, looks infantile.

As for PC, indies I care about always come over and I do not care about another MMO survival shitfest or RTS genre.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.