[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone take their philosophy of life from videogames? Mine are:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: Plato.jpg (83KB, 635x423px)
Plato.jpg
83KB, 635x423px
Anyone take their philosophy of life from videogames? Mine are:

Bloodborne
>knowledge, patience, caution and humility are the highest virtues
>learn from the mistakes and successes of the people who have come before you
>indulging in your bestial nature is the path away from greatness and it will eventually make you an animal
>only improving the mind and spirit will help you transcend beyond the pitfalls of humanity

Metal Gear Solid 2:
>passing on culture, values and ideas to those who will listen is better than having a copy of you who might not be interested
>real heroes are never as polished as the legends that surround them
>most people will accept false realities that are appealing to them, and in the digital age you're surrounded these realities
>>
>>
Everyone learns from their experiences, anon.
>>
not from videogames but here are mine

niche: nihilistic
george carlin: wicked sense of humor
>>
>>376204320
just having a hodgepodge of experiences to draw upon isn't a good philosophy of life
>>
>>376204279
Easy

>dont fuckin touch me

the end
>>
>>376204279

Not from video games directly but from RPGs.

I make my life decisions based on what kind of person I am, or what I want to be. With regards to how I want to turn out. In real life your decisions matter, they don't mean nothing when a new session starts or you hit quickload. You have to live with the consequences of decisions. Because of that I tended to think things through pretty thoroughly in any situation where the answer wasn't obvious based on past decisions.

Honestly it's served me pretty well. Many of my friends from childhood are wasters or drug addicts or have piles of kids by now or are dead or whatever. I'm doing very well for myself by comparison
>>
>>376204401
You must be over 18 to post here
>>
>>376204279
Yeah, I learned that /v/ is full of pretentious artfags
>>
>>376206021
what videogame taught you that?
>>
>>376204279
>love is pure
>>
File: 1478788516733.jpg (19KB, 224x225px)
1478788516733.jpg
19KB, 224x225px
>>376204401
>tfw milennials are spineless pussies
>>
File: autismkek.png (272KB, 1201x838px)
autismkek.png
272KB, 1201x838px
>>376204401

>niche
>>
>>376206879
meant for
>>376205151
>>
Philosophy is for faggots.
PS: Read CUNT, he's pretty good.
PPS: Kys
>>
OP just read Stoicsm
>>
>>376206879
>if I can pretend to not care, then I'll never feel the pressure or regret of life choices and circumstances
haha i cant stop thinkin
>>
>>376204279
Dragon's Dogma:

>Everything is a pointless cycle that will continue regardless of what you do

LAND AND SKIES, AND SEAS YEARN
>>
>>376204279
>>knowledge, patience, caution and humility are the highest virtues
AKA you're a beta faggot.
>>
>>376208147
you don't have to be a beta even though you venerate these virtues

with knowledge you know when to be patient, cautious and humble, but you don't have to be this way to a fault
>>
File: costanza.jpg (7KB, 250x250px)
costanza.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
>>376204279
>passing on culture, values and ideas to those who will listen is better than having a copy of you who might not be interested
>>
>>376208418
putting ideas out there is better than trying to make your wife's black transgender son take on values he has no interest in
>>
>>376207447
Not
>Tis weak to fire
>That all roads lead to Gran Soren
>That wolves hunt in packs
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.