[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TL;DR provided This is the second time I am writing this because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Q4K237E1EGPI1467079634956(2).jpg (104KB, 900x320px) Image search: [Google]
Q4K237E1EGPI1467079634956(2).jpg
104KB, 900x320px
TL;DR provided
This is the second time I am writing this because the forum hates mobile apparently.

As I'm sure you've seen, there is no shortage of people unhappy with the current state of the competitive matchmaking system. One more can't hurt, can it?

At the start of this competitive season, I placed silver and climbed up to 2999 while playing exclusively with friends I met last season, they have all since quit competitive play forcing me to solo queue until I find others who I work well with together.

2 weekends later, 2633.
As stereotypical it is to blame your team, I am yet to play a match with more than 2 people communicating.

Almost all of these games I was forced into playing support just so we had any (which I'm honestly fine with in different circumstances) all while accompanied by radio silence. I'm not a bad player, I know who I'm good with and who I'm not. Mercy and Ana I'm definitely not. A bad support must be better than none, surely. Thanks to this when we inevitably lose, my SR gets hit pretty hard. The MMR has decided that I can't carry a team on my SR level so I don't deserve it. It feels like it's trying to shove me back into silver as I'm losing over 50% more than I'm gaining.

I'm no doubt a team player, I don't mind playing anything as long as I get support from my team if I'm playing something out of my comfort zone. Which I can't get when no one wants to communicate and it doesn't feel like the matchmaking cares.

From what I understand It aims towards a 50/50 win rate based off players MMR. However it seems their MMR is determined by their individual performance, not how they work as a team. For a game like Overwatch I'd say that's a pretty important factor.
I understand the challenges in coming up with with a system that matches people based on skill and teamplay, but I really hope we get one soon.

TL;DR: My team quit and some queueing has badly damaged my SR and most like destroyed my MMR thanks to non-communicators.
>>
>>376203021
oh.

ok.
>>
>>376203021
Do you initiate communication? It sometimes works
Also there's discord channels and whatnot to find people to play with
>>
just change your name to cutegirl16 and everyone will go tryhard and try to talk to you
>>
>>376203101
I've tried discord just a few bunch of silvers looking for a boost
>>
Dumb cuck
>>
>it's all because of other people, never me, I'm ranked below my TRUE skill
lol
>>
Of course you can't carry as support. Try soldier, he's broken atm
>>
>>376203021
Let me give you a piece of advice. In competitive you either pick Zarya or 76, that's how it got me to 3000~, but that was almost a month ago when I realized that playing comp isn't worth it, nowadays I only wait for when you get your 3 free lootboxes to play, it's really not worth it to give away your time to get a magic number.
>>
>>376203263
But it's worth it for in game cosmetics? If you don't like the game don't play at all.
>>
>>376203021
Well then make new friends who are good at the game and play with them.
No amount of MMR balancing will fix the fact that shitty teammates are shitty, or that you can't currently assemble a good team.
At the end of the day scores don't matter, just play the game for fun, and if you aren't having fun anymore, then move on.
>>
>>376203312
I like to play the game in short bursts, but not enough to play for hours on end and get mad at Hanzo insta lockers and downright insane people who start whining at the slightest inconvenience. Nowadays I just like to fuck around in QP and get my cosmetics in the arcade
>>
>>376203021
Overwatch is not a serious FPS, so your MMR will never, ever match up.
You shouldn't worry about it though. If you get a bad round just start a new one. Your rank is irrelevant in games like this and not that impressive anyway
>>
Blizzard need to address a few things

One they need to fuck off with the hidden MMR affecting placements and how you went the previous season deciding where you are placed

Each season goes for 3 months so when it ends it should be a fresh start for the next season for fucks sake

Way too many dickheads are higher than what they should be also the matchmaking is ass especially depending on the location eg australia
I get fucked in the ass all the time being at master being placed with diamonds and lower who insist on dragging you down with you making reaching GM

Match making rank in QP needs to fuck right off
Its already a joke so why should i have be placed at people at my "skill" level when "competitive" does that
Personally i should be able to curb stomp horrible players who play like idiots in QP rather play with DPS rambo's 24/7 its bad enough it takes 5 minutes to find a game

For mere curiousity i'd like to see a rotation in the hero selection imagine games without hanzo, genji, ultfeedhog, mccanthitathingreeeegetoffmyteamfaggot

Also bring back the old brawl system its bad enough the game is dying the thing it needs is the playerbase to be spliting hairs into each game type it might faggots grinding 3v3 for loot boxes and force people outside of their comfort zone eg CTF or random hero

There needs to be 2 types of QP one going off by connection and an international one were i can matched up with americans because they are shitcunts who cant aim for shit and i want to crush them
>>
>>376203193
>I've tried discord just a few bunch of silvers looking for a boost
>I placed silver and got to 2999, and can't win games without them

Hmmmmm
>>
>>376203021
not to mention it has already been confirmed that the system is stacked against supports. Mercy players have it worst and are gaining 30% less MMR on wins, but losing just as much on a loss, meaning that mercy players need at least a 75% win rate to actually go up, unlike DPSers or tanks that will go up as long as they are above 50%

zen players are also getting buttfucked because of how blizz changed assists to contribute less for the "on fire" status. meaning your performance is also rates more poorly and consequently you get less MMR.

there's lots of problems with the system

t.zenyatta main

60% win rate and my rating is going down. i play exclusively with friends who play roadhog and rein and did all games with them. i started 3 mmr above them and after playing only games together im no2 240 behind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qRg5xNNsoM
>>
>>376203021

My only issue is I want some wins for gold weapons and am in gold rank myself.

I still get matched up with diamonds who are well coordinated and land headshots like motherfuckers.

Like fuck off I don't care about rank just let me fight other scrubs for points.
>>
Go write a book about how much you suck jesus christ op you're a faggot
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.