[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it that the saddest, most tragic boss fights in the Souls'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

File: Oceiros.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Oceiros.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Why is it that the saddest, most tragic boss fights in the Souls' games are the ones you least expect?

This fucking guy. Jesus Christ, this guy. The lore and story alone fucking wrecks me.
>>
>>376202170
t. oceiros

dude was an asshole who probably injected dragon semen into his wife to make ocelotte and who fucking knows what he did to make lothric

also he named his son after his kingdom. dumb fuck.
>>
File: wretch.png (989KB, 691x899px) Image search: [Google]
wretch.png
989KB, 691x899px
>>376202170
oceiros did nothing wrong
>>
>>376202170
What fucking lore? The bullshit fan speculation that leddit spew out their mouths? I'm honestly curious, what garbage did people come up with for this guy?
>>
>>376202170
his son is yorshka
>>
>>376202405
wait i remember this guy, still wondering why he didn't attack

also from your picture it looks like some half dragon half human mutant
>>
>>376202170
he made me wish I was playing bloodborne instead
>>
>>376202589
>half dragon half human mutant

nigga really

>http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Tailbone+Short+Sword

read the text you flavorless fuck
>>
>>376202525
>king of lothric
>found old research on immortality involving dragons
>try to pursue and experiment
>brings his wife and kid into the mix
>things obviously don't go as planned
>goes insane over time
>furthers his transformation into dragon-like mutant
>loses eye sight
>still clutches to his baby and talks to it even though it's obviously not there anymore

>>376202589
>also from your picture it looks like some half dragon half human mutant

That's roughly what they are.
>>
>>376202654
>http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Tailbone+Short+Sword

this just never dropped for me
>>
>>376202718
>this just never dropped for me

fuck i am a faggot
>>
>>376202763
kek nigga don't sweat it

i like weapon flavor texts and such too but yeah it happens sometimes
>>
>Oceiros
>He looks like he got ripped straight from a PS2 game
>His 'berserk' form has like 3 moves, a spin-in-place, a charge, and an aerial charge where he shoots his crystal breath that will never hit you if you just walk to the side
>His arena had 0 QA testing, has him glitch the fuck out and clip through everything, you'll never know where he will land or what part of his body will get stuck in a wall or a tree trunk or whatever
>His level is a 30 second elevator ride and sprint through a toxic dirtfield

i'm guessing this and untended graves is FROM realizing they were way too close to their deadline to complete the game and just said fuck it.

It's a shame too because you can clearly see from castle lothric and the grand archives that there is a hugeass forest within the walls of Lothric behind the consumed kings garden. We probably would have gotten Darkroot 2.0. What a shame.
>>
>>376202525

Well someone's an inbred with rage issues incapable of even reading fucking item descriptions. Good job, you worthless hack.
>>
>>376202968
You got me, mate! Seriously though, what lore did they create for this thing?
>>
>>376202920
i agree. on the way to Oc you get the backstab ring. why give loot like that in such a dead end area. i dunno what i'm basing my logic off of, but the area didn't feel right.
>>
>>376202170
I don't even know his lore. Just hearing him sound so sad about everything, and walking through his shitty kingdom that was probably a neat place before. Must have lost everything

He's also quite handsome
>>
>>376203053
>http://darksouls.wikia.com/wiki/Oceiros,_the_Consumed_King#Lore

Essentially he's a copypasta of Seath's lore. Just with the depressing shit and insanity set to 11.
>>
File: 1493855268539.png (2KB, 125x190px) Image search: [Google]
1493855268539.png
2KB, 125x190px
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6vCZdcp6hE

Reminder that this fight could've been a lot more edgy
>>
>>376203146
technically only undead settlement was a part of the lothric kingdom that Oceiros once ruled.

everything else is a result of the fire fading and the lands of the last few lords of cinder being squished together.

Carthus and the catacombs were its only kingdom far away.

Irithyll and Irithyll dungeon and Anor Londo were their own thing far away

Cathedral of the deep and Road of Sacrifices were there own thing far away.

Profaned Capital was its own kingdom.

etc etc
>>
>>376203258
Glad that they stopped on in-game version. Everything is already perfectly understandable without going over the edge.
>>
>>376203146
Yeah, that and reading his history felt like being whacked in the stomach with a sledgehammer. Of all the boss lores in DSIII, I didn't really read up on his because he was an optional boss to get into the bonus areas. Hence, when finally meeting him, I was taken by surprise.
>>
>>376203053

As some other anon said; Oceiros was obssesed with dragons for one reason or another, probably due to being part of the dragon cult that permeates the kingdom in weird shrines.
Whichever the case, his obssesion with dragon's perfection led him to make his wife get fucked by dragons (or at least get her baby mutated by dragon tidbits) in order to make the perfect ruler.
Well instead he got two cripples and possibly a dead third, and a wife getting the fuck out. Not to mention countless of failed experiments leaving behind mutated freaks.
So he started to experiment on himself and along the road went entirely, truly batshit and did in fact somehow manage to... sorta get dragon-ey enough to pass for one. Except now he hallucinates his third child is around at all times and presumes everyone has betrayed him.
Meanwhile his actual two children just want to watch the world burn because their lives have been misery.
>>
>>376202706
Well you can hear a Baby cry during his fight and prescilla could turn invisible. Maybe it's just flavor in the sound Design but if it's Not, the Baby Stops crying in the 2nd Phase:^)
>>
>>376203363
>hallucinates his third child is around
His child is around. He's holding him in his hand. He's just invisible like Priscilla.
When he smashes his left hand in second phase you can hear muffled scream and it releases a shockwave akin to dragon roar.
>>
>>376203258
I'm kind of sadden they cut it out, but glad they did since his delusional state, and the fact it's a king who had one hell of a fall from grace. Plus, this sound seems better suited for Bloodborne.

Though one of the problems with this sound is that it goes on for too long. Making it more tasteless as a result.
>>
>>376202170
>can't cut off his tail for a dragon weapon
>craft his literally who soul for the MLGS

Truely a tragedy
>>
>>376203260
>Cathedral of the deep and Road of Sacrifices

nope

cathedral knights in consumed king's garden and also the cathedral knight shield

>The face of the shield is decorated with the emblem of an old king of Lothric: a bold image of a great bird gazing skywards
>>
>>376203578
yeah NOW it got taken over, but originally it was a part of whatever kingdom was thriving when Aldrich was originally alive.
>>
>>376203509

Eh, given any actual child murder was cut off from the game, one can just go by him being simply whacko.
It doesn't change much at that point either way.
>>
File: Ocelot.png (190KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
Ocelot.png
190KB, 420x420px
Anyone else have trouble listening to him talk about his son Ocelotte without thinking...
>>
>>376203698
cathedral is part of lothric.

why else would cathedral knights have lothric arms, cast lothric miracles, and be near the king of lothric?
>>
>>376203416
yeah, I was kind of wondering that myself. I don't know. I prefer it if the child was just a figment of his imagination, because it just makes the character more tragic. but the cut content (>>376203258) says otherwise.
>>
>>376202170
He wasn't set up well. If you wanted people to feel something you need to place monsters and lore leading up to this boss that resonate thematically.

Why weren't the dragon hybrids the main enemies in that swampy area? Why wasn't that area a laboratory/research facility instead of a generic morass?

Compare this to Abyss Watchers. You had the opening cinematic, NPCs alluding to them, items along the way that describe them etc. By the time you got to them you have a good picture of who they were. You don't get this with Oceiros as you learn about the lore afterwards.
>>
>>376203704
>Eh, given any actual child murder was cut off from the game
It was merely toned down. The whole thing is painfully obvious to anyone who fought Priscilla.
>>
boxxy
>>
>>376203881
>morass

nice diction my man
>>
>>376203860
why are there darkwraiths in farron keep?

why are there cathedral of the deep slugs in anor londo?

at the time the game takes place, these faraway lands based on distance and time have been converging and converging until they are practically on top of eachother. just look at black hand gotthard, the cathedral knights were sent to the cathedral at prince lothric's behest. but the cathedral of the deep existed long ago in a previous cycle; Aldrich's. to be exact.
>>
are Ocelotte and Shanalotte related or is that like a dragon-related suffix
>>
>>376202706
>even though it's obviously not there anymore

It clearly was meant to be there but they didn't want to go as edgy as Bloodborne so they removed it and didn't bother to make new animations for him.

so the story is
>found some of Seath's shit - nice DS1 reference :)
>went insane because of it, just like Logan REMEMBER WHEN THAT HAPPENED IN DS1 LMAO :)
Touching.
>>
>>376204078
DS2 isn't canon.
>>
>>376204080
It's rather seeing how insane he has become, and what led a king to fall to such a low point, that made it sad.

Sort of the same reason why coming across Vendrick in a hollow state was sad. Or hell, even motherfucking Gwyn.
>>
>>376203558
Yeah, I miss being able to cut off tails for weapons.
>>
>>376204078
Nobody cares about DS2's lore.
>>
ITT faggots reveal themselves not reading da lore
>>
>>376204269
it isn't sad because we don't know who the fuck he is

how do we know he wasn't always an asshole all the time? we don't. we don't know anything about him at all. we have no reason to care about anything he does.

vendrick was talked up throughout the entirety of ds2. the very first thing green bitch says to you is

>ARE U THE NEW MONARCH???
>>
>>376204269
You learn a LOT of lore about Gwyn and everything he did before you meet him. You think he's just dead, but seeing such a mighty lord with that many exploits under his belt reduced to a mindless hollow is what makes it stand out. You don't know shit about Oceiros other than he was the king at one point. Could've been a weak cowardly motherfucker all his life for all you know. It's not even comparable.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.