[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>release a new system with spec from 2005 overpriced >alienated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: 1422478597895.jpg (44KB, 876x493px) Image search: [Google]
1422478597895.jpg
44KB, 876x493px
>release a new system with spec from 2005 overpriced
>alienated third party on purpose with their choice of hardware so their customer can only buy their expensive games
>Release a game every 4 month, 80% of them are shovelware priced $60, barely keep the console hanging alive for 2 years
>kill the console so you can sell new one with same bad hardware plus waggle gimmick
>still no third party support
>port all WiiU games to Switch, making its existence mundane
>the games ported without improvement and sold at full price again

How do you feel about Nintendo after the Wii U scam?
>>
Nintendo were stupid enough to release a console that close to the end of the generations cycle with specs from that generation. Unfortunately they made the same mistake with the Switch but hopefully they make some first party games, I just want a new F-Zero and Metroid.
>>
They fell into the same trap Sony and Microsoft did. I think the Switch redeemed them by showing that they know they fucked up and it won't happen again.
>>
Why didn't Reggie listen to Geoff?

He was only trying to help him.
>>
File: 1494103468394.jpg (19KB, 350x371px) Image search: [Google]
1494103468394.jpg
19KB, 350x371px
>>376201542
Why do you keep spamming this?
>>
>>376202845
This is the first time i made this thread.
>>
>>376201848
>they know they fucked up and it won't happen again.
So that's why switch still doesn't get port of multiplatform games?
>>
>>376202906
sure thing kid

https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/Wii%20U%20scam/
>>
>>376203123
So this is the power of autism...
>>
>>376203342
Its the power of truth.
>>
>>376203123
>some word is same, everything else different
Clearly that's not me. Don't let fanboyism cloud your mind.
>>
It was not a scam, it was arrogance
>>
So, now that they get btfo by the switch, the ponies try to attack the wiiu ?

That's pretty transparent and weak.
>>
>>376205056
>attack
Can't you talk without being an autistic fanboy? wiiu was horrible and nothing wrong complaint about it.
>>
I think Nintendo partially understood that for a Nintendo console to do well, it needs lots of Nintendo games since they've been shit with third parties. To this goal, it makes sense to consolidate efforts towards a single piece of hardware instead of divided between handheld and home.

However the Switch is still pretty dumb and probably not the best idea to facilitate this single hardware plan, at least at the price they're asking. If the 3DS dropped $80 over night after 3 months, perhaps the Switch will too, and if it were $219.99 then maybe we'll be talking. Sub-$200 is preferable, especially given the Nvidia devices that are $199 and either have better hardware or the same hardware with the same plus more functionality as a Switch.

It's difficult to determine if Nintendo made the Switch because they didn't want to admit they have no dog in the high-spec console race while becoming less of a force in the industry and whether we'll ever see an actual set-top box Nintendo console ever again - or if they truly, legitimately, honestly and wholeheartedly believe that they're pioneering something here.

Time will tell. A significantly cheaper price will tell it better.

As a person who has little interest in waggle and hd rumble and local splitscreen multiplayer on a tiny screen, I'd sooner by a condensed version of the Switch at a cheaper entry point than even the already potentially reduced future price of the standard model, with the condensed iteration having the controls built directly into the pad itself.

If Nintendo would rather just make bank on literal retards and keep the price too high though, well good luck. Being the first to the market with a Vulkan-ready console doesn't mean there wont be Vulkan-ready consoles in the future with exponentially better hardware and more competitively priced.
>>
>>376205593
Or maybe they made the switch because their handhelds always so well

Instead of your wall of autism
>>
>>376204932
They tried to make lightning strike twice on name alone.
It didn't work.
>>
>>376205662
Their handhelds have sold well because they were cheaper than the competition. 3DS sold like horseshit til they dropped the price. That fuckin' thing launched at $249.99

There's still no significant proof that the Switch isn't selling primarily to people who owned and are upgrading from Wii U's. It certainly doesn't have the driving force of quality or quantity in software to push it this well otherwise.
>>
>>376205929
Except now there is 0 competiton from handhelds
>it-it's just Wii U owners upgrading!
Sure buddy
>>
File: 1434697641137.jpg (34KB, 332x500px) Image search: [Google]
1434697641137.jpg
34KB, 332x500px
>>376205976
rad deflection m8. Chastise others for allegedly being autistic only to pronounce your own autism in the process.
>>
Is skyrim port on switch have release date?
Why is it doesn't get new Darksider port?
>>
>>376206186
There is no Skyrim release date because it was never officially announced. They showed it as a "what if" because they didn't have jack shit planned.
>>
>>376201542
>>release a new system with spec from 2005 overpriced
>>alienated third party on purpose with their choice of hardware so their customer can only buy their expensive games
>>Release a game every 4 month, 80% of them are shovelware priced $60, barely keep the console hanging alive for 2 years

And despite all of this, the Wii U was still the best console of its generation.

Where did it all go wrong?
>>
>>376206186
Because darksiders have just been revealed. They probably don't even have a switch devkit yet. I see no reason why it won't be on the switch when it was on the fucking Wii U
>>
>>376206267
>never officially announced
Is this mental gymnastics?
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2017/01/12/skyrim-coming-to-nintendo-switch.aspx
>>
>>376206287
the fuck you talking about. The Xbox 360 and PS3 were way better nigger.
>>
>>376206287
>muh splatoon and mario
>>
>>376206360
The Wii was bigger than both.

>>376206369
>t-they don't count!
>>
File: 220px-ToddHoward2010sm.jpg (15KB, 220x330px) Image search: [Google]
220px-ToddHoward2010sm.jpg
15KB, 220x330px
>>376206267
And Skyrim-man just allowed his beloved creation being used in nintendo money making scheme like that? yeah right
>>
File: 1491226730973.jpg (16KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
1491226730973.jpg
16KB, 255x255px
>>376206287
>the Wii U was still the best console of its generation.
>>
>>376206406
wii was competing against the original Xbox and the fucking PS2 long after both had virtually ceased production.

the fuck kind of argument is that.
>last place is basically like first place but everyone is so far behind you they don't even matter!
>>
>>376202645
>Geoff
Who?
>>
>>376206542
This. Wii is 6th gen, WiiU is 7th gen, and Switch isn't even a console, it's a portable microconsole like the Nvidia Shield or Ouya. Nintendo has left the console race, it's only Microsoft and Sony, and if the Scorpio doesn't sell well Sony will have a monopoly.
>>
>>376205929
Given sales numbers on BotW for Switch, I would be shocked if that was all people upgrading from Wii Us. According to some figures Nintendo released last month the majority of people buying a Switch are getting BotW with it, to the point that it's outsold the Wii U version roughly 2:1. Why would Wii U owners be shelling out for a Switch just to play a game they already can?
>>
I'd feel better about it if they didn't engage in artificial scarcity so I could actually fucking buy one.
>>
>>376206440
Slimy son of a bitch probably did.

Just for that, I'm going to go pirate Fallout 4. I'm not even interested in the game.
>>
>>376207795
>Artificial
They didn't want another Wii U, so they initially geared up for a low production run. Then everybody decided they want one. They stand to gain little by not having enough units to give to people throwing money at them.
>>
>>376206351
>>376206440
no my mistake, the nintendo Bitch actually gets a 5 year old game
sounds about right kek
>>
>>376207912
Even better. It's a 5 year old Bethesda game, meaning it'll be bugged to shit and they won't be able to fall back on Arthmoor's unofficial patches.
>>
File: wiiuexc.png (2MB, 1362x1443px) Image search: [Google]
wiiuexc.png
2MB, 1362x1443px
It's OK. Because of the risk they took with hardware which didn't pay off, they took fewer risks with games.
>ports of classic 3D Zeldas
>least 3D 3D Mario
>2 NSMB
>No Metroid, F-Zero
>Simple, friendly Mario Kart
>Nostalgia pandering Starfox+DKC
>>
>>376207912
>it won't get the game!
>h-heh it actually does, h-heh
>>
>>376203123
https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/Wii%20U%20scam/type/op/

This is some turboautism
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.