[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>E3 opened to the public >games journos on twitter saying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 11

File: 1436889443417.gif (262KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
1436889443417.gif
262KB, 853x480px
>E3 opened to the public
>games journos on twitter saying E3 is useless now and isn't a big deal anymore
>>
>>376193587
>Caring about e3
>Caring about "journalists"
>twitter
Wew lad
>>
>>376193782
This journalists are irrelevant
>>
File: 1493010711749.png (978KB, 1843x360px) Image search: [Google]
1493010711749.png
978KB, 1843x360px
>>376193587
I noticed this too, they're all so pissed about it it's hilarious.
>>
E3 just doesn't matter in the same way since most companies are pulling out of it and now just run their own livestreams/events where they announce their shit instead of doing it through the ESA. The show floor gets emptier and emptier every year.
>>
E3 used to be open to the public in the first place, and the companies know it was just as much about hooking the average sight seer as well as pleasing investors and journalists.

Well, your average gamer doesn't listen to journalists anymore.
Journalists don't generate hype for a game, word of mouth from normal people do.
That's why they all had booth babes and endless swag to draw your attention.

Nobody cares about xyz shitty journalists opinion about the next cod presentation not representing trannies enough.
>>
what if it's actually games journalists that became useless and not a big deal anymore
>>
>>376193587
They won't be able to feel special and/or part of an exclusive club because now anybody can go to E3.
>>
>>376193587
why did best girl lose? it's not fucking fair.
>>
>>376195648
I think people listen to youtubers and their favorite ecelebs more than anything now. This might actually be worse than the alternative.
>>
What could be more useful than people pretending to understand the young people and their interweb culture while trying to wrest their juice money from their grubby mits with cinematic trailers and empty hype?
>>
the giant bomb crew is so passive aggressively angry about this
>>
>>376193587
>game "journalists"

They're PR machines, we don't need them to read PR / marketing statements. Maybe if they did some actual journalism, they'd be irrelevant.
>>
>>376195883
So much this. I would listen to the Max or jontron over ign or kotaku any day.
>>
>$250 ticket

No thank you
>>
>>376195994

>this will lower the quality of our coverage
>>
>>376196109
you're a complete faggot in your own rite, youtubers will promote or say anything for more viewers. it's entirely a matter of "hype" for them.
>>
>>376196026
Meant they wouldn't***
>>
>>376193587

They're right, but not because E3 is a public event. Nintendo does directs, and Playstation has their own event. Microsoft is irrelevant.

Maybe E3 went public for those reasons, and it's pretty much rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.
>>
>>376193587
E3's been losing relevance for years.

Hell, going once is more than enough for anyone to realize that, especially in the last 10 years.
>>
File: mecha.jpg (78KB, 889x837px) Image search: [Google]
mecha.jpg
78KB, 889x837px
Come on, you fuckers. This isn't some big conspiracy that "oh the game journos are trying to keep E3 exclusive wahh" or anything. E3 as it has existed in the past few years is barely a shadow of its former self. Watching it at home in a comfy chair with instant access to everything shown there is MILES better than the convention hall experience.

Oh, you wanna see that hot new exclusive Sony just announced? Too bad, it's behind closed doors and only select industry people will get to see it. Why not get in line to see the new Halo? You won't be able to play it though, but you sure as hell can wait in a line for an hour to watch someone give a 6 minute guided demo that was already on the internet yesterday! Wanna go to the press conferences? Too bad, those aren't covered in your pass since they're all off-site (or not even official E3 events anymore in the case of Bethesda and EA).

And it isn't like a PAX or some other convention where there's a bunch of other fun stuff going on besides the big presenters. E3 these days is BARREN. More and more companies each year aren't seeing the point in spending the money to go there and set up a booth to show off their game to people who probably know about it already when they could instead devote that time and money and manpower towards tailored livestreams and their own events where they can do whatever they want.

The E3 that you watched a decade ago doesn't exist anymore. Opening up to the public is a last-ditch move to try and drum up more interest, since they know they have to change something. If they don't the show probably won't even exist in a few years.
>>
File: 1489521595063.jpg (39KB, 600x568px) Image search: [Google]
1489521595063.jpg
39KB, 600x568px
>>376193587

No shit Sherlock, they cant bring exclusive stories anymore, so nobody will click on their news and they cant get profit.

E3 opening to public made them irrelevant,
>>
>>376196148

For three days or so, I don't think that's too bad.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161014-040133.jpg (171KB, 588x711px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161014-040133.jpg
171KB, 588x711px
>>376195872
Best girl always loses except in TLR.
>>
>>376197058
Pretty much this. This year I'm gonna get real comfy just like last year. With lots of snacks and designated break-time vidya on my 3DS.

Fuck spending 500$+ dollars to buy the tickets and fly to LA just to watch Nerds and "VIP game journos" walk around.
>>
>>376195994
Good. Fuck those guys.
>>
Reminder that Nintendo going Directs only is what caused this

Hosting the smash tournament

Nintendo world championship

It gained more public than E3 itself

They have to make it Public now

Fuck the journalists
>>
based e3 putting san francisco faggots out of commission
>>
>>376195872
At least she still has a happy life. That's more than most girls get because 'hurr can't live without muh precious MC".
>>
>>376197526
>Best girl is artist's wife who cheated on him with the meme horse dude who was still a high schooler and then held hostage their daughter until he pays her and let her have the rights to Haruna since it was based on her likeness.

Best girl, sure.
>>
File: Professional Gaming Journalist.webm (569KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Professional Gaming Journalist.webm
569KB, 640x360px
>>376193587
Their easy livelihoods are at stake, don't expect them to do anything other than to double down and further attack the egocentric ecelebs doing better jobs than them about doing something as simple as talking about videogames

THEY ATTACKED GAMERZ
>>
>>376195745
You can't "become" something you've always been
>>
>>376197976
The wife being a cunt has nothing to do with the character.
>>
>>376194778
and movie critics now that we are on that subject
>>
File: go home kotaku.gif (2MB, 473x267px) Image search: [Google]
go home kotaku.gif
2MB, 473x267px
>>376193587
Games journalism is dead. Games journalists don't have to be your news source.
>>
>>376197058
While completely true, these "journalists" only started saying this shit when it was announced that E3 would be open to the public.
>>
File: 1492490965974.png (107KB, 291x287px) Image search: [Google]
1492490965974.png
107KB, 291x287px
>>376193587
I honestly couldnt give a fuk everything is broadcast live via the internet now anyways. Those shitty journalists have been useless for a while since everything is on the internet and you dont have to rely on gaming magazines anymore.

Stupid fuks are just worried they are going to have to find a real job now and all that gaming shit doesnt amount up to anything in the real world lol, Get cucked and rightfully so since gaming journalism has gone waay down hill on quality and credibility of product reviews for years now. So I say good and fuk them.
>>
File: ZGtT5g1.jpg (266KB, 800x916px) Image search: [Google]
ZGtT5g1.jpg
266KB, 800x916px
>>376195648
>E3 used to be open to the public in the first place
Not really, first it wasn't E3 it was just a back room at CES, and when it became E3 it was only the last day for the public and not many really came, you'd be surprised. Also, a lot of the real stuff going on was behind closed doors anyways, especially demo-wise.
Now there's really no reason for it other than to generate hype for AAA western titles.
Still its hilarious to watch vg "journalists" go from being such a huge part of the hype machine to hypocrites is hilarious.
>>
>>376196206
yep e-celebs are cancer. Not all youtubers mind you but the ones you are talking about the brainless ones that dont give a fuk besides how much clickbait they can generate, The ones that would turn their back on all their viewers in 1/2 a second to make a $1. Thats the true YT cancer.
>>
>>376193587

Hasn't it been open to the public for the past few years?
>>
File: SeishirōTsugumi.png (669KB, 1280x720px)
SeishirōTsugumi.png
669KB, 1280x720px
>>376193587
make way for best girl
>>376197976
lol wait what?
>>
>>376195648
Journalists do generate hype
>Bad hype
It's still hype either way, but it's just easier to run your own ((controlled)) event
>>
Almost as if it's going to be basically impossible to get any journalistic coverage of E3 with Every Tom, Dick and Harry there
>>
E3 should only be open to investors.
>>
Anyone wanna post some links to articles/screencaps of the butthurt?
>>
These days I get more excited about the fucking Eurovision Song Contest than I do E3.

I think so far I've played 2 games released this year, and one I disliked.
>>
>>376193782
>not caring about E3
Watching the conferences and shitposting with you fags is loads of fun.
>>
File: feel.png (554KB, 500x725px) Image search: [Google]
feel.png
554KB, 500x725px
>>376195872
I know that feel
>>
>>376202612
Man I wish Sony would stop having their conferences at such a shitty time. I ain't staying up till fucking 4am to watch some awkward guy in a suit talk about all these games everyone knows will be shit.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.