[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have a comfy Breath of the wild thread? To kickstart

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 352
Thread images: 45

File: image.jpg (174KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
174KB, 1920x1080px
Can we have a comfy Breath of the wild thread?

To kickstart a discussion, do you find the durability fine? Do you want it to be removed, or improved?

Do you like the concept of shrines? How about their content?
>>
dead game, no multiplayer, no achievements, snes graphics, no social element
>>
I enjoy my lizal boomerangs a ton and they're not that strong anyway so I wouldn't mind if they were more durable
>>
File: painting.jpg (672KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
painting.jpg
672KB, 1920x1080px
Durability on bows and shields were basically non-factors. I hardly ever broke either, just threw away old ones.

with weapons, after the initial plateau you start to get ones that last a good while, so it was pretty much the same - limited by item slots, not breakage. I kept finding new ones, and would have to drop "less good" ones. I was exchanging a 34 power for a 37 power, that sort of shit.

So really, it didn't make much difference to me, other than I know it's a great feeling to use up damn near your entire arsenal on a single enemy, just the feeling of breaking every last damn sword over that motherfucker's head, like emptying the full clip.

I would've liked a meter, or # of uses, some way to tell how close to breaking a weapon was, though. More importantly, I want more styles of weapons - maces, halberds (that function differently than spears), and light swords (rapiers and chinese jians) would be a good start.
>>
>>376189448
>no social element
Thank fuck for that.
>>
>>376189681
GTA online style multiplayer would be amazing in this open world.
>>
>>376189259

I think items could have a little more durability but its not a big deal since they drop so often. I'm at the point where I'm throwing away elemental blades on a regular basis now since I'm so full up. 15 more shrines to go.
>>
>>376189681
Hey invasions might be cool. If the combat was deeper it might just work
>>
File: C_JqO0BU0AEO2Fk.jpg (110KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C_JqO0BU0AEO2Fk.jpg
110KB, 1200x675px
>>
>>376189647
oh, and about shrines - they were fun, certainly enjoyed solving physics puzzles more than sliding block and "shoot the eyeball switch" puzzles, but I fucking miss proper dungeons. With actual themes, not just the same aesthetic that the divine beasts shared.

Where's my sandy pirate ship, magnetic lava mines, golden lotus temple, ruined winter mansion, spooky forest castle, etc?

I'd rather half the number of shrines, if we could double the number of dungeons, and make them TRUE dungeons.
>>
File: C_JwFCoVoAArpP9.jpg (129KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C_JwFCoVoAArpP9.jpg
129KB, 1200x675px
>>
>>376189870

I was about to post about invasions, ALBW had that tree thing where you fought dark links, Invasions would have been great but Nintendo fans are a bunch of faggots and would have complained about "trolls" and "toxic" people.
>>
>>376189259
Durability was alright. Actually made finding weapons in chests or camps worthwhile. Only thing they need to fix is inventory management
>Option to sort out weapons by attack power and sort them manually
>When a weapon breaks, it's automatically switched out to the next weapon in your inventory, unless you threw it to still allow the throw weapon -> pick up enemy weapon flow
>When you open a chest and it has something you have no room for, offer an option to automatically drop your less-valued weapon/shield/bow on the ground in exchange for the new one
>>
>>376189681
I would be distressingly into 4 Swords-style multiplayer. Imagine each person gets one of the glyphs, and you have to work together.

>one nigga trying to carry the others with the magnet block
>somebody time-freezes the block and things go to shit
>that one guy just playing with the water stuff and blocking the door for everyone else
>of course there's a fire rod involved
>everything is on fire
>whole team dead
or at least, that's how my FSA games went. a lot of fun.
>>
>>376189870
That's stupid, invasions would never work in a game with no real stat system and would just ruin exploration.
>>
>>376190192
Hey Nintendo fans can withstand mariokart, they can withstand anything
>>
>>376190247
>When you open a chest and it has something you have no room for, offer an option to automatically drop your less-valued weapon/shield/bow on the ground in exchange for the new one
how this isn't a feature in the game already is beyond me

fucking ruins the pace of the game like crazy
>>
>>376190364
Random QOL shit like this is what I want most in a patch. Come on Nintendo you did dual language you can do this
>>
File: zelda2.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
zelda2.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
I'm fine with the durability but I feel like there should be an option to get a few weak to medium strong weapons that are permanent to fall back on. The Master Sword would imply that Nintendo had the same idea but didn't quite want to commit to it. It would be lovely if you could get a permanent version of some weapons by doing sidequests. Just so that you don't have to waste weapons on random mooks and can save your good ones for stronger enemies.

I'm alright with the shrines. I'd prefer it if they had different architecture depending on which region they're in. I don't expect every single shrine to have a different visual design but regional differences would be great and better maintain a feeling of discovery. Also, maybe not as many samey combat or "do literally nothing after you've entered it" shrines.
>>
File: notice bulge OwO what's this.png (407KB, 574x397px) Image search: [Google]
notice bulge OwO what's this.png
407KB, 574x397px
>>376190125
I have to say, they fucking nailed the dragons in terms of scale, design and maneuverability. They genuinely FEEL massive and majestic. Seeing such massive creatures cover so much land in such a short time is always awe-inspiring. The music also helps a lot.

When you hear https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spHGZtrD39Y in the distance you just know you're in for a spectacle. Too bad they lose some of their magic when you start purposefully grinding them for late-game gear upgrades...
>>
File: 1400962008136.jpg (36KB, 367x451px) Image search: [Google]
1400962008136.jpg
36KB, 367x451px
>>376189448
>This post
>>
>>376190296
this. Invasions don't even work in Dark Souls. Fuck you for punishing me for trying to play a single-player game, I don't need tryhards coming in to rape me with their NG++++ tier gear.
>>
>>376190192
>would have complained about "trolls" and "toxic" people.

have you even played Mario Kart and Smash Bros online at all?
>>
>>376190605
imo "wasting weapons on mooks" is just plain fun in this game. I enjoy running into a camp, taking out the first enemy, then using his weapon until it breaks, repeat, repeat. The weapons are expendable, and the sooner you realize that and stop hoarding the ones you think are "good" (all weapons are good enough), the sooner you'll play the game the way it was intended.
>>
I'm only at Hatena Village, but I've been playing for a very long time.

Weapon durability is fine like it is. You can hold up to 10 without an upgrade. Them being depleteable makes you have to act wisely and ration what's in your environment wisely. Only babies could complain about this. Like Luke Plunkett.

Shrines are fun but I wish there wouldn't be an option to teleport except to Towers. But whatever, gotta show off the game's amazing powers of fast loading somehow.
>>
>>376190757
>>376190298
you can't be so retarded you'd think competition in a competitive game is nearly on the same level as getting ganked while in the middle of a single-player game, in a series that has always been single-player. Of course there would be a backlash, and of course Nintendo will never do it.
>>
I disliked the durability the beginning of the game, but when I started getting lynel weapons and others with durability up, everything felt fine.
>>
>>376190813
>Them being depleteable makes you have to act wisely and ration what's in your environment wisely.
nah nigga u just remember where all the not shit weapons within 10 seconds of a teleport are and fill up every blood moon
here's a tip to get you started on that: the korok forest tower
>>
I want to know more about the Guardians and how they interacted with people before they were overtaken by Calamity Ganon and became mindless murdering machines. Likewise, I'd like to know how they're "controlled" in Zelda's context. The Divine Beasts have control units to operate them, but as far as I know, the Guardians do not. Are they given verbal commands, visual cues?

They're mentioned numerous times in the stories, but these only raised more questions. Maybe I missed some dialogue explaining these elements.
>>
>>376190757

There's a lot of difference between invasions and online matches, even people bitch about invasions in Dark Souls, now imagine nugamers, remember these people have no skill at all

>omg I was on my way to Zora's domain and some troll kept killing me and taunting this sucks

I would love that, but Nintendo wouldnt.
>>
File: C_JyOvDVwAAP933.jpg (103KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C_JyOvDVwAAP933.jpg
103KB, 1200x675px
>>376190606
Yep. I love seeing the dragons. It still hasn't gotten old for me. They're so majestic and the music is gorgeous.
>>
>>376190606
Too bad they aren't aggressive

I hope the new enemy tier in hard mode adds a tier of aggressive dragons. That would be fucking awesome

Speaking about hard mode, I really want to see what the new enemy tier is like. I'm assuming it's gold tier. I hope they have new AI, look slightly different and have more moves

But it'll never happen lol
>>
>>376189259
how are you guys still having threads?
Just go to /vg/
there's nothing to say about the game until DLC is out really
>>
>>376191030
Who does this. Honestly
>>
>>376191697
Actually I loved that the dragons were non-aggressive. It added to the feeling of majesty. Like, you're so not a threat to them, you're not even noticing and going out of their way for, even if you shoot at them. Makes you feel insignificant. Them purposefully attacking you would not only take that away but also lead to some awkward situations (see, most every flying enemy AI in any game, let alone enemies of that size)
>>
>>376189259
Durability and the combat in general needs to be revamped.

Shrines were neat at first, but grew stale halfway through.
>>
>>376190606
>I have to say, they fucking nailed the dragons in terms of scale, design and maneuverability. They genuinely FEEL massive and majestic
And then they turn out to be nothing but a grindfest if you want to upgrade certain gear. Wasted opportunity.
>>
File: C87qOQJVwAAM6hT.jpg (82KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C87qOQJVwAAM6hT.jpg
82KB, 1200x675px
>>376191875
I feel the same. They're supposed to be good anyway. They are still dangerous if you get in their way.
>>
>introduce 3+ proper dungeons
>increase all weapon durability
This game is now perfect
>>
>>376189259
What the fuck are you gonna talk about this garbage?

1 boss ( pig ganon)
4 mini dungeons
3 enemies in the entire game
0 Story ( hur dur rescue the same useless princess in danger for 465457633356th )
100% mu nostalgia
>>
>>376192171
Goddam that looks cool as fuck

Love that fight
>>
>>376192367
You just talked about it. Wow, that was hard
>>
>>376189259
My inventory is constantly full of awesome weapons, so I really don't care about durability. It makes throwing weapons a viable strategy, which leads to lots of fun physics stuff happening. I tossed my greatsword at an attacking enemy and ended up chopping down a tree, landing on 3 more enemies.
>>
>>376192126
Yeah, but what else can they do? If you give them loot of any importance it will still be a grind fest. No loot and they are just decorations
>>
>>376189259
I want online co-op in the next game.
>>
>>376190606
Wait. You can grind on the dragons?
>>
>>376189259
Just finished it a few hours ago. I don't know what can fill this void now
>>
>>376192625
Yes but not in a lewd way, sadly.
>>
>>376192652
Play heavily modded morrowind to make the combat tolerable. It's the closest I could find
>>
File: 1452669619222.png (1MB, 1280x792px) Image search: [Google]
1452669619222.png
1MB, 1280x792px
>>376192652
Have you played Xenoblade Chronicles X? It's a completely different game gameplay-wise but it still gave me some of the same feelings of wonder and wanderlust BotW gave me.
>>
I manage to find the last shrine quest, now I just need two more other shrines. Do sidequest help cover uncharted areas, I have only six left and I'm hoping it will help me find the last two.
>>
I like durability but feel there should be more unbreakable weapons or at the very least have the reward for 900 Korok seeds (the Golden Shit) make it so nothing breaks, I feel that's a fair trade off for finding all 900 of those fuckers.
>>
>>376192664
I know that you can collect scales and free one of corruption. What else can you do?
>>
How long are we going to have these faggy threads? It was a great game, but anyone still playing has no fucking life. Same enemies over and over, any remaining shrines one might have left are just "oh hey you made it here. Take this orb, faggot", and honestly, once you beat calamity ganon and take a step back, you realize this world is pretty empty and bland.

It was a great game to play, maybe even a 10/10, but it has ZERO replay value. I seriously hope the only people posting in these "comfy" zelda threads are kids. Otherwise you are way too old.
>>
>>376192872
Dragons also drop fangs, horns, and claws depending on where you hit them. You need their shit to upgrade the Champion's tunic and the Wild Set
>>
File: 1473944656414.jpg (76KB, 387x417px) Image search: [Google]
1473944656414.jpg
76KB, 387x417px
>>376192947
>>
>>376192872
You can collect one of each of these every time they appear:
A scale
A claw
A horn shard

IIRC you need 2 horn shards from each to max out the Champion's tunic and a bunch of other parts to max out the Tunic of the Wild. Remember that you can only get a single body part per appearance, so what people do is that they set up bonfires near a common spawn point and reset the night every time they collect the part they need.

IIRC the best farming spots are on the Lake Hylia bridge, near the east gate of the Lanayru Road amd on the Tabantha Great Bridge.
>>
>>376192947
It's worth it to do a straight to Ganon run the second time. Also some people just started with cemu
>>
>>376189448
Get off this board, Chad.
>>
>>376190125
>>376190606
>Dragons
I just use bomb arrows on them now.
>>
>>376193701
You realize any kind of arrow will have the same effect, right? They won't drop multiple fang/scale/horn/claws from an explosion so no need to waste your good arrows
>>
So what do you fags think of the light RPG systems in this game? Shit like armor and weapon stats

Do you want them to double down on those elements (add exp or skills) or ditch them?
>>
My biggest problem with the game is that the master sword didn't feel very rewarding once obtained. I rushed through the game after 13 hearts and absolutely raped all divine beasts as well as final boss without a death. Haven't played the game since then. Now that the first dlc includes a challenge to unlock unlimited power with Master sword, it will finally feel rewarding using is against any in game enemy.
>>
>>376193897
Why would you ever rush though a game like this
>>
>>376193771
And?
>>
>>376192367
>1 boss ( pig ganon)
The fuck are you talking about, thats just bullshit.
>4 mini dungeons
Theres 5.
>3 enemies in the entire game
Why lie on the Internet?
>0 Story ( hur dur rescue the same useless princess in danger for 465457633356th )
Ok you're a troll
>100% mu nostalgia
Kek a salty assblasted troll
>>
>>376192947
Top kek, cry some more child.
>>
>>376193827
Add weapon skills and have them be unlocked via korok seeds or orbs. Think of shit like dragons dogma. Also add a fallout new vegas repair system of combining same weapons and blacksmiths to upgrade/repair with materials dropped from mobs so fighting is still incentivized.

Please don't add levels, stick with spirit orbs and seeds
>>
>>376189259
Overall thoughts on the game:
-too many fucking shrines not enough cool secrets(everything that might seem like it leads to a cool piece of gear or something just ends up being another fucking shrine)
-motion control puzzles are cancer should be patched out
-why the fuck can you only have 27 hearts and 3 stamina bars or 30 hearts and 2 2/5 stamina bars kinda(nitpicking i know but i just found it odd)
-shops are irrelevant except for the sole purpose of buying arrows
-only felt like i needed one extra weapon slot so collecting korok seeds seems useless
-liked the story, had a bittersweet feeling since all your friends died yet you still had to fight
-liked being able to freely climb and glide around
-item/food foraging mechanic was cool and durability was fun
-great fairies also seemed fucking stupid and useless bc i found it wasn't necessary at all to upgrade clothing

overall pretty good i'd give about a 7.5/10. Not good enough to buy a switch just for this game but close, maybe the DLC will bring my rating up its reasonably priced which is already a good start
>>
File: Cemu 2017-05-01 23-00-51-67.jpg (148KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Cemu 2017-05-01 23-00-51-67.jpg
148KB, 1920x1080px
Why does the lighting look so weird when walking out of a shrine?
>>
>>376194513
Exactly, motion controlled shrines are pure fucking cancer. But I don't get your too many shrines complaint though, too many X is never a problem unless you have completionist autism
>>
>>376194819
>Cemu
Gee I wonder
>>
>>376194819
>Cemu
Well there's your answer. Likely a bug. It doesn't seem game breaking though, so I would just ignore it
>>
>>376194819
Because you're playing on a glitchy unstable emulator. What did you expect?
>>
>>376194819

Your graphics card is dying bro.
>>
File: smugelda.jpg (24KB, 290x364px) Image search: [Google]
smugelda.jpg
24KB, 290x364px
>>376194819
>Cemu
>>
File: fugDDDDD.png (316KB, 425x450px) Image search: [Google]
fugDDDDD.png
316KB, 425x450px
>>376194819
I guess that answers my question>>376194897
>>376194903
>>376194914
>>376194923
>>376194925
>>
>>376194513
>shops are irrelevant except for the sole purpose of buying arrows
If the shops weren't there, you would have cunts complaining about it being too hard to find certain foods in the wild. It's just convenient for convenience sake. Besides, I do like that each shop has it's own unique local food available.
>>
>>376195130
They do? Damn I never really noticed. What's the speciality for the different races anyway
>>
File: Link Please.png (222KB, 316x374px) Image search: [Google]
Link Please.png
222KB, 316x374px
>>376192556
>but what else can they do?
Make them a more interactive fight like the mt lanayru one, and maybe even something that goes away when your done with them, rather than seeing these dumb dragons every other hour.

They were cool the first time I saw them, but not being interested in grinding loot they lost their luster when they start popping up every tuesday like its datenight.
>>
>>376195295
So you want them to be rarer? I think that the Mt Lanayru fight is only something that can work once, if I have to do this every time I wanted a scale I would feel like bashing my head in.

I do agree that seeing them often took some of their magic away, but making them rarer will only delay the inevitable
>>
>>376195265
Rito have tabantha wheat, gorons sell goron spice, Kakariko sells carrots, Koroks sell a shitload of mushrooms, Zoras sell a few types of fish, gerudo sell hydromelons and meat
>>
YOU HAVE TEN SECONDS TO PROVE YOU AREN'T A CASUALFAG
>>
>>376195490
That's a neat detail I never really noticed. Damn. I heard there are recipes in stables too, but I never noticed them before as well
>>
>>376195295
>maybe even something that goes away when your done with them, rather than seeing these dumb dragons every other hour.
Yes, great, exactly what we needed, make them even MORE tedious to grind. What they really needed to do is make it so you can collect one of each of their body part if you shoot them all down when they pass through instead of limiting it to only one of one kind of part per encounter.
>>
>>376195130
not to mention there are ingredients you can ONLY get through shops: goat butter, cane sugar, goron spice and monster extract
>>
File: trash where trash belongs.png (31KB, 381x411px) Image search: [Google]
trash where trash belongs.png
31KB, 381x411px
>>376195453
> if I have to do this every time I wanted a scale

>>376195801
> make them even MORE tedious to grind

I'm literally saying they shouldn't be a thing to grind.

Grinding is trash tier gameplay.
>>
>>376195801
its really not tedious compared to other games
I wanted to farm horns for speed buffs. Took about 8 minutes to farm 20 horns when you can just shoot them as they exit a lake, sleep, repeat, repeat, repeat, collect horns, repeat
>>
>>376196275
But then it goes back into the loop of them just being window dressings with no loot
>>
how does one even climb in rain. I keep hearing that you can but I just fucking can't
>>
>>376197353

You really can't. But get lots of stamina, jump climb and Revali's gale and u may be able to work around it.
>>
>>376189259

I started and finished BOTW this week. I visitied every tower, got all the captured memories, got the master sword and the hylian shield.

For me, it's SO frustrating how easily Nintendo could've made this a 10/10 game. All they had to do was take all the puzzle ideas from the shrines and use them to make 6 individually themed dungeons (water, fire, sand, air, forest etc). They would've had to include 2 new world areas but so what. And get rid of durability, everyone says they don't mind it, but nobody actually fucking LIKES it because it's as hassle. At the very least they could've made the master sword and hylian shield unbreakable.

That's literally all they had to do.
>>
Does any one else drop rocks on koroks?
>>
>>376197353
First of all, don't listen to >>376197530
Second of all, all you need to do is climb four steps, jump, climb four steps, jump. Sliding down on rain only costs you ABOUT one jump worth of progress, and happens every 5-6 steps OR every jump. By using this method, you'll always ensure progress is being made and be able to climb in the rain
>>
>>376197735

All the time

>Yahaha
>hachi
>uh

I love dropping rocks on them.
>>
>>376197735
Does anyone NOT drop rocks on Koroks?
>>
>>376195585
The first thing I did after leaving the plateau the first time was kill the Lynel in the colosseum ruins.
>>
>>376194328

>There's 5

Come on anon, nobody considers Hyrule Castle to be a dungeon.
>>
>>376197837
It's the best dungeon in the game.
>>
>>376197659

Let me guess, you used a guide. Natural progression allows you to rack up on weapons easily, durability is not a problem, being forced to pick between weapons is the real problem.
>>
>>376197735
i first did it on accident, but the noise they make is so good that i then did it every time
>>
>>376197837
It's the best dungeon in the series
>>
>>376198345
>not Lorule Castle
>>
>>376189259
I get why durability is there, but I don't like it. The champion weapons should be unbreakable so you could have one decent weapon of the type you like the most. I end up just hoarding weapons and avoiding conflict because I hate using expendable items on random encounters, but there really isn't anything big worth saving them for either. I beat the game weeks ago, but thinking back I really don't think it's all that great of a game. The combat is lackluster, the shrines suck because they're just puzzles with no danger, the endless black/silver enemies at the end are terrible game design, and the fact that the game has no long term impact because of the lack of an OST or actual dungeons will sour my memory of this game in another decade. I got 150+ hours out of the game which is probably at least 3x more time I've gotten out of another Zelda game, but unfortunately it's a quantity vs quality thing
>>
>>376198345
>you can go straight to the final boss
>even if you choose for whatever reason to go through the "dungeon" it's all completely linear and the minibosses are completely optional
>if you actually follow the "story" all the enemies will be weaker than random mooks you find in the wild
great "dungeon"
>>
>>376198773
>even if you choose for whatever reason to go through the "dungeon" it's all completely linear and the minibosses are completely optional

Did you even think about this sentence before you typed it?
>>
>>376198550
Champion weapons shouldn't be unbreakable, but they should regenerate and have some special perk with each of them like the MS
>>
>>376189259
Why do side quests have such shitty rewards? Also, does anyone have any quick ways to get a couple of good weapons reliably? I used all of my durability on a Guardian before I figured out how to shield parry it
>>
>>376198773

Do you even know what 'linear' means?
>>
does anyone else feel like throwing in boring dungeons would have been better than no dungeons? even if they worked the story in a way they could rehash all the OOT temples, i still would have liked that better than just a bunch of shrines with nothing in them. it might have been cool with the shiekah slate powers
>>
>>376199174
The colosseum or Hyrule Castle have good weapons. But you'll need to fight for them.
>>
>>376199241
Id like a bunch of underground cave/tunnel systems with boring dungeons, on par with zelda 1 designs
>>
File: 1458275444652.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1458275444652.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>have 300-something Korok seeds
>want to just inject a save to get the rest as I am not that much of a turboautist
>can't get homebrew channel to work

reeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
I would have liked some unique dungeons mixed in, some secret runes, etc. A more compelling reason to explore than korok seeds and spirit orbs.
It is criminal that the game doesn't have the hook/clawshot.
I want a way to quickly save and change favorite outfits.
Make halberds work like halberds and not like spears. Make the Hylian Shield have the sane durability effect as the Master Sword, and give a bonus for using weapons from the same set eg. Scimitar of the Seven and Daybreaker.
>>
>>376199241
Nintendo have been pretty open about the fact that BotW is a complete break from the usual Zelda formula. Having the same old Forest, Fire and Water temples would have been eye-rolling. BotW is what it is.
>>
File: 1483872714234.gif (766KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1483872714234.gif
766KB, 500x281px
finished it after 130 hours. all side quests, 120 shrines, master sword, 120 seeds, 30 hearts, "max" stamina, 4 stars ancient armor...

breathtaking game

now I can't wait for the DLC
>>
>>376198845
yes it's just a straight shot with a couple out shoots that lead back to the same linear path. There are 3 minibosses, the stalnox in the basement which you have to go out of your way to get to, and then the two lynels gatehouses which you can just climb out of or just avoid completely.
>>376199181
yes if you do the dungeon the "right" way it's linear as fuck. if you decide to climb/waterfall yourself through it you're just circumventing most of it but ultimately still being on the same linear path
>>
>>376199241
The only shrines with nothing in them are the ones that are found via a shrine quest or are hidden behind some obstacle like the one in the dark.
>>
>>376189259
I think durability is fine but why the FUCK is there no unarmed combat? all i can do is run around dropping bombs, let me fucking punch shit

I dont think there's a single zelda game with a gauntlet item for punching, this was the prime opportunity to have link punch for the first time in thhe series
>>
>>376199482
I'm sure a gauntlet appeared somewhere before, although not for punching

I do agree punching would be cool as fuck though
>>
>>376199323
why the fuck would this game made up of plains, broad hillsides, steep cliffs and giving the player the ability to climb anything want an item that was only used for vertical climbing and bouncing between parallel corridors (of which there are none in this game)
>>
>>376199241
I think that every shrine just needed to be bigger. Even if there's one main puzzle room, there should still be some kind of foyer for the shrine, more enemies to fight, and doors to unlock.

I get that for the smaller shrines they wanted you to be able to complete them quicker if you're able to, but at least a little more fluff to them would've been nice.

The way that the music outside the shrine changes depending on the location, maybe the insides could be different colors and have different music too, but still look exactly the same stylistically. It lends more to each "region" of shrines being connected more thematically.
>>
>nintendo fanboys still pretending its a good game
>>
>>376199420
>can go on the road head on, stealthily through the underground, or take on every enemy in the castle
>linear

Of course all paths lead to the same end because they lead to the same boss.
>>
>>376199424
the only shrines that give anything useful are the ones with the climbing gear. everything else is extremely disposable
>>
>>376199542
That's like asking why the grapple is in Just Cause
Because it gives you faster, better mobility and lets you grab shit from afar. There are plenty of "parallel corridors" in the valleys and riversides
>>
>>376199420
>if you do the dungeon the "right" way it's linear as fuck
>if

You see your problem here. You can assault the castle from any direction, literally go anywhere you want. Is sneaking in the through the moat or making your way through the prison cells up to secret bookcase in the library less the 'right' than storming the front gate? The entire fucking game is built on non-linearity.
>>
>>376199653
I mean hearts and stamina are pretty important
>>
>>376198550
This
>>
>>376198550
Those weapons are pretty powerful. If they were also unbreakable there'd be no reason to use anything else once you get one. It is to encourage you to save them for when you really need them, and think about whether it's worth spending a diamond to get a new one.
>>
This game had a lot of potential but I feel the hardware kinda held it back. A lot of things can be improved upon so we'll see if they keep this Zelda style or change it.

Durability system was shit and anyone defending it must have lost their minds.
It's either they cut durability out or do it right. You can bet it won't be the same in the next game.
>>
>>376199893
there would be because there are far better weapons you get from almost any random encounter latter on in the game. The reason they should be unbreakable is because there will always be a certain style you like most. If you like sword and shield you have the gerudo, spear you have the zora weapon, two handed you have goron, and bow you have rito. It's pretty sad after typing that that those are the only weapon types in the game
>>
>>376200030
So how do they 'do it right'?
>>
>>376200030
>This game had a lot of potential but I feel the hardware kinda held it back
the switch held it back. the game would've benefited from gamepad functionality.
>>
>>376200186
There's also boomerangs, magic rods, and that's already more types than most adventure games, let alone all the variations within those types.
>>
As soon as I get this game on emulator I'm getting a mod that turns weapon degradation off.
>>
File: 1373341667434.jpg (42KB, 717x959px) Image search: [Google]
1373341667434.jpg
42KB, 717x959px
>That feel when Ancient Armor with Guardian Battle Axe++

Too bad they break like they're made of fucking glass.
>>
>>376200332
*cheat
FTFY
>>
>>376200229
Like other games I suppose.

Have the weapons last longer. Make it so that the weapon damage decreases the more you use it until it inevitably breaks.

Weapon repair/weapon mods possibly.
Like let's say you have a POS club that's at half durability. Let players cut some trees for wood to reinforce it and regain some strength/durability. We all know this game is a straight up collectathon anyway so might as well use all these materials. Elemental add ons would be cool too.

Naturally, people would probably still simply use a weapon, throw it away after battle and puck up a fresh one. On the other hand, this system would make rarer weapons more rewarding. It'll make players want to actually use their weapons instead of avoiding enemies or saving them.
>>
File: chin chong nip nong.jpg (20KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
chin chong nip nong.jpg
20KB, 400x400px
I fucking hate the stamina wheels. Even with max stamina + the two extra wheels you get from foods, it isn't enough.

Wish there was a "dash juice" elixir like in Monster Hunter to temporarily stop your stamina from depleting for a limited time.
>>
>>376189870
>Just finish an exploration binge
>Coming out the other end of it with basically no weapins
>Some cunt invades me with Berserker Armour **** and 12 flame swords

Yeah nah
>>
>>376189259
Finished yesterday. 6/10 for me. Was fun and some of the new shit was implemented well, others not so much, and if I had to pick another open world game (Witcher 3, Elder Scrolls III onwards, etc.) or any other Zelda bar PH I'd pick them over this.
>>
>>376200556
Just craft elixirs but I don't know how you ever run out of stamina, just the full three are enough for me to get anywhere without running out.
>>
What's the bottoming out for the gliding mini game? Just got a run at 4000 metres
>>
>>376200726
Some nip (surprise, surprise) got 9999.
>>
>>376189820
>gta online style multiplayer
>amazing
how's the cloud looking there, anon?
>>
>>376200556
There are speed boosting elixirs though, just use them
>>
File: 1453325565985.gif (3MB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1453325565985.gif
3MB, 300x200px
>You can exploit Guardian AI and ride them into stables and other populated areas with enough patience
>>
File: Surreal Exploration Guide.png (3MB, 1432x4904px) Image search: [Google]
Surreal Exploration Guide.png
3MB, 1432x4904px
>>376192652
ive been checking out some surreal exploration stuff to find the feel of exploration i had with botw
its kinda working, but the games arent nearly as detailed as botw
>>
I just want a Zelda game like the wiiU tech demo.
I only ever bought a wiiU because I foolishly thought that's how the game was gonna be.

I also expected another cool story adventure lol.

All in all, the game wasn't what I expected after all these years. At the same time it wasn't that bad but it sure as hell ain't no GOTY either. Not by a long shot. If it does win GOTY, I might just give up entirely on vidya.
>>
>>376200902
How? Won't it keep trying to kill you
>>
>>376201008
just go back and play twilight princess if you want that
or buy a ps4. you get loads of gritty cinematic stuff like that on that console if thats your preference.
>>
>>376201008
>if something that does not affect my enjoyment of video games happens I might just give up video games, because I personally feel the game does not deserve it
Really nigger?
>>
>>376201132
Hell fucking yea.
Gaming over the past few years have just been mediocre or shit. Only a couple of games really outdid themselves.

If you disagree with the mediocre statement, I'd be surprised.
>>
>>376201285
But still you're literally going stop liking what I don't like and saying you're going to drop video game because of some other person's opinion. How retarded can you be?
>>
>>376189259
I'd like to be able to repair weapons.
Maybe an upgrade system like the clothing. Being able to find an ancient, rusty weapon, and then locate someone in the world that can reforge it with the right resources would be neat.
>>
>>376201506
Just throw your rusty weapons at those mountain octoroks and they'll polish it up for you
>>
>>376201350
Apparently its the majority opinion that decides GOTY.
I don't have a problem dropping vidya. I barely play anything as it is. Not sure if I'm growing out of them or they're just all that generic and average now. I have other hobbies to take up my time. Even my friends stopped playing vidya together years ago. Sucks but it is what it is.
>>
>>376201506
Protip: You can

>>376201632
It's not the majority opinion though
>>
>>376201618
Wait, what?
>>
>>376201734
The game is full of details like that
>>
File: 1403320956416.png (196KB, 451x378px) Image search: [Google]
1403320956416.png
196KB, 451x378px
>>376201034
I will try to explain it to the best of my ability.

Use Revali's Gale (or a regular updraft on burning grass) to land on its head. After a while, it'll start to move forward based on Link's position in relation to the "core" or center of its body. In the context of the game, this is supposed to be a defensive measure by the Guardian to keep you from attacking it directly, but as I said, it can be exploited.

The Guardian's AI is programmed to have it move away from Link if he gets too close to its body, so if you manage to land on top of it, this will confuse it and it will try to move away from Link in whatever direction is opposite to where he's currently standing.

If you stand closer to the back of its head, it will move forward. If you stand on the left side, it will move to the right, and so on. Basically the controls become inverted when you ride it. With enough patience, you can actually "steer" it into places it normally wouldn't be able to access since all Guardians seem to have a "home" which they patrol and cannot leave unless you exploit them in this way. They're like giant scuttlebugs, basically.

If you take it to someplace like a stable, it will actually stop trying to kill you because stables function as sort of a "safe place" for Link, so in a way you can "tame" it (it can still shoot lasers though). I've done it several times, and it's pretty amusing.
>>
Where can I find frost greatswords or those ice rods
>>
>>376201917
There's always at least one in Hyrule Castle, in a room near the library.
>>
>>376201703
>It's not the majority opinion though

Then that means the media has gotten to powerful or something like that lol. I miss the enjoyment I had from vidya growing up. Miss being able to play all day without a care in the world. I miss when games were actually challenging too.
>>
>>376201917
If you've upgraded enemy camps enough for all the ele weapons to show up in the Colosseum north of the Great Plateau, then there.

If you're not that far in the game yet, then the respawning Frost Greatsword are in Hyrule Castle, upstairs and clockwise from the library, and in a Stal-Hinox outside the furthest NorthWest shrine in Herba
>>
>>376202117
Pretty sure there's also a Blizzard Rod in the Lock-up area, too.
>>
>>376192367

You forgot the 100% assmad it induced in you.
>>
>>376202186
Yeah sounds likely. I didn't really pay attention to where Blizzard Rods on the ground are located because you can get them from the snow bowling minigame in Herba, and because Blizzrobes are the most common of the 2nd tier wizrobes
>>
>hurrrr durrr I hoard weapons hurrr durrr
Don't be that guy
>>
>>376202479
>hurrrr durrr I'm going to tell people how they should play the game hurrr durrr

Don't be that guy
>>
>>376202479
>not hoarding weapons and beating Ganon with a stick while your inventory is full of elemental greatswords

Scrub
>>
>>376202754
Elemental greatsword are proportionally pretty weak compared to other 2-handers

The best ele weapons relative to other weapons of the same type are the spears.
>>
>>376202754
The only two-handed weapons worth having are Ancient Battle Axe++ and Savage Lynel Crushers.
>>
Spears>>>two-handed>>>Bows>One-handed

Objectively correct in terms of fun
>>
>>376203000
Two-handed charge attack > everything else
>>
>>376203209
3 shot bows would like a word with you
>>
>>376203209
Well, you're not wrong, anon.

Decking Lynels, Guardians and Hi/Stalnoxes is pretty fun with the two-handed weps.
>>
Where can I find more ancient cores?
>>
>>376203310
And 5-shot bows would like a word with you, anon.

>>376203375
Just kill Guardians. As far as I know, only Guardian Stalkers, Scouts, Turrets and Skywatchers drop them. Decayed (the old stationary ones without legs) ones don't.

Once the Blood Moon passes, do it again.
>>
>>376203375
Kill a guardian, then FLIP IT OVER
>>
Wish it had more unique weapons, make them the quest rewards
>>
>>376203475
You don't even need it to be 5 shot to be more useful than a good 2-handed weapon, that's my point.
>>
>>376203616
That said, why are quest rewards so shit? I actually like doing them as they often have a small neat context behind them and I like the NPCs, but damn the rewards are crap.
>>
>>376189259
Is it possible to stream this game if I put an HDMI In into my PC and have an HDMI Out for a secondary for the Switch coming out of the PC for the monitor?
Or do I need to get an Elgato?
>>
>>376203625
Well, if we're going to argue which weapon is the best to use, it would be Ancient Battle Axe++ with the fully (or twice upgraded) Ancient Armor, for anyone wondering.

Even though the Savage Lynel Crushers can have 100+ raw attack power on their own, the attack boost you get on ancient weapons while the Ancient Armor is equipped and twice-upgraded goes up about 80%. This ends up giving the Ancient Battle Axe++ the highest damage output in the game.
>>
>>376202186
Lock-up area?
>>
>>376204248
It's the dungeon area full of prison cells inside of Hyrule Castle. There are some tough enemies there (and a Stalnox in a neighboring room), so if you're underleveled I would be careful.

IIRC, there's a blizzard rod in one of the cells.
>>
Are Royal weapons even good? They feel like glass
>>
>>376204593
They're decent enough when paired with upgraded Barbarian armor.
>>
Is there anyway to repair damaged weapons?
I like to keep my weapons somehow.
>>
>>376189259
I enjoyed having to scavenge for new weapons, it kept things fresh, but I would double, if not triple, the durability of metal or better weapons.

Shrines are a great concept, they just need more visual variety, both internally and externally. Imagine finding out that the windmill in a town was a shrine?
>>
>>376204774
No. Just grab another weapon, duplicates are everywhere
>>
>>376189521
I've never had an easier time killing lizalfos with their own weapons. They come charging at you, you throw it at them, they fall, right when they get up, you throw it again and they fall, repeat the process. 2ez
>>
What do you fucks want for the story DLC?

I would want a sequel where to train the champion successors and take down Ganon once and for all, with a new Ganon forms (maybe a dragon) and a new divine beast for link to pilot. There will be playable flashbacks as well, with new champion interactions
>>
>>376205534
Sequel as you said, and an actual end game where you can travel with Zelda and rebuild hyrule
>>
>>376205534
I want a time travel plot where you go back in time to fix your mistakes, MM-style, with the moon being calamity ganon
>>
>>376203538
Calm down Bobby.
>>
>>376205534
How significant is the DLC really gonna be?
>>
>>376206381
Hey it's true. You get more loot like that
>>
>>376206549
We have no idea. For 20 bucks it better be
>>
I want to start a new playthrough soon

What are some autistic rules I can impose on myself for a harder playthrough without it being frustrating?

What order should I do the beasts in?

Should I bother 100%ing the game?
>>
>>376207282
>Should I bother 100%ing the game?
900 korok seeds? if you're crazy then go for it
>>
>>376207397
I don't know I heard some people got 100%. If it's fun then I'll do it
>>
>>376207672
Really doesn't sound fun
>>
>>376189259
Is the Giant Horse the best horse in the game?

If not, where are the 3/5/5 and 4/5/5 horses?
>>
>>376207282
>Should I bother 100%ing the game?

Go for all the shrines and armor. Do not do the korok seeds for god's sake.

If you do go for korok seeds, only get enough to max out your inventory space.
>>
>>376207397

Wait for the DLC pack to come out that tells you when korok are nearby and lets you see where you've been on the map.
>>
>>376207672
finding 900 korok seeds sounds fun? maybe if you're masochistic
>>
>>376207841
3/5/2 horse is the best travel horse
giant horse is the best combat horse
everything else is useless or gimmick like "you can use lord of the mountain once before he poofs"

giant horse is also as fast as 4 speed horse while both aren't galloping, even though it says 2 speed its scaled by size and has 4 speed, but 0 stamina so it can't match a 4 speed at gallop and certainly not a 5 speed at gallop

the top of the line packs only spawn in two areas: just south-west of the great plateau next to the giant horse's location, north of the two lynels, and the other location is between upland lindor and lindor's brow, theres a pack of horses on a flat part of the plateau

top end horse packs have three variants:
>4/4/5
>2/5/3
>5/3/5

if you get a horse from those two areas with 3 stamina, its guaranteed 5 speed. if it has 5 stamina, its either of the other two variants.
>>
>>376207986
When will it come out?
>>
>>376208919
august
>>
>>376208707
>using horses
Why? They are slower than paragliding, and can't climb in a world with a huge focus on verticality. For ground travel they are too fast, you miss many things riding on them. Deer are much better in that regard. Horses are really a last resort thing for me, except the giant black one
>>
>>376209313
far faster than running and if you aren't a retard you can jump off your horse and complete actions. Things that you actually care about are far enough apart that horseback riding is the best way around if you aren't just teleporting to a location and climbing up and gliding down every time, which doesn't work for exploring NEW areas
>>
>>376209131
Damn it that's late. Whatever, I won't aim for 100% then
>>
File: 1464461550865.jpg (46KB, 568x479px) Image search: [Google]
1464461550865.jpg
46KB, 568x479px
>>376189259
Zelda games...
> Overrated
>>
What's the best armor set late game

I want to save materials for it
>>
>>376210416
Barbarian
>>
>>376210416
Guardian. You get plenty of guardian weapons late game, the boost it provides is pretty great. Good defense too. But the armor set looks silly as fuck
>>
>>376210416
ancient armor is by far the best
>>
>>376189448
-t.sonybro
>>
>>376210770
>lets make the helmet a shrine lmao
Who greenlighted this? The funny thing is the rest off the sets look great, only that one set looks ridiculous
>>
What's the best way to get money aside from selling cooked meat skewers which seem to be vastly overpriced?
>>
>>376211039
The soldiers helmet looks silly too
>>
>>376211245
mining. thousands of rupees
>>
>>376211435
I have literally never sold a single gem that I've got from mining. I've hoarded it all thinking that there must be something else I can do with it but as far as I can tell diamonds are used to re-make Champion weapons and the rest have no use.

Is selling them for cash their only use?
>>
File: 8989 .png (3MB, 900x2200px) Image search: [Google]
8989 .png
3MB, 900x2200px
>>376189681
This. And I really hope the people who advocate it here in this thread get all kinds of cancer the next days. Ass cancer, breast cancer, lung cancer, skin cancer etc. I hope they die like pathetic dogs.
>>
>>376211245
Bowling minigame. I heard they nerfed it though
>>
File: 1491774983631.png (2MB, 900x2200px) Image search: [Google]
1491774983631.png
2MB, 900x2200px
>>376211719
>>
File: 1491652567137.png (2MB, 900x2200px) Image search: [Google]
1491652567137.png
2MB, 900x2200px
>>376211794
>>
>>376211748
>Bowling minigame

I've never even come across that.
>>
>>376211561
you can upgrade armor, make some jewelry in gerudo village and for repairing special dungeon weapons. read: sell them all

just upgrade your ancient armor to the max (you don't need any gems) and you're ready
>>
>>376189647
>swords break easily
>bows last forever
As a bowcuck this makes me happu
>>
>>376211898
Near the Hebra tower at Pondo's Lodge
>>
>>376211964
This just shows how unbalanced the durability is
>>
>>376192947
This may shock you, but not everyone bought the game on release.
>>
It's time to move to /vg/ drones. You make the same damn thread with the same stupid questions everyday.

Fuck off.
>>
I wish the blood moon was better. I wanted something like silent realm from skyward sword.
>>
>>376212631
Don't think that will be feasible in such a world. But I do wish it resurrected enemies all the time instead of that one time.
>>
>>376211898
I didn't know there was a paragliding minigame until after the game either
>>
>>376212470
>I'll open this thread and post in it because I hate it so much!!!!!!!!!!!! muh mental illness!!!!!!!
>>
>>376212273
I mean don't melee weapons break faster than bows IRL too? Shields are weird but they are rarer in the game
>>
>>376189259
>do you find the durability fine? Do you want it to be removed, or improved?
Liked it at first, but began to hate it during late game. Enemies become such damage sponges that rewards for engaging in combat are often lesser than the durability resource you expend
>>
>>376213567
Never felt the damage sponge thing. Maybe that's because late game I just spammed 5x Lynel bows which tear through everything
>>
>>376211245
Farming Farosh parts (which is the easiest of the three dragons to farm) and just selling that shit by the boatloads.
>>
>>376213213
The one on eventide island or the one on the tower in the wasteland?
>>
>>376213795
Tower. Wait there was a one on Eventide?
>>
>>376192947
I mean I like it more than the first time to be honest. Sorry I like video games, I'll go back to calling every game that people enjoy shit, and crying into my fedora now
>>
>>376213942
There's a Rito sitting in front of the shrine at the summit of Eventide once you pass the island's trial.
>>
>>376189259
>do you find the durability fine? Do you want it to be removed, or improved?
It wasn't too game-changing for me, but I find it annoying that 2h weapons were much more common than 1h ones. I like classic sword and board.
>Do you like the concept of shrines? How about their content?
Concept of shrines is fine themselves, and it's literally the only thing that kept me playing the game, but they were in no way a good replacement for actual dungeons. The lack of decent dungeons made this my least favorite Zelda game by far.
>>
>>376213248
I've been seeing this shit everyday.

"derrr what do you guyz tink of the durability?"

"do you rike open air meme?"

"is the divine beasts good dungeons??"

How many times can you drones answer the same 3 questions?

When every thread starts with a list of questions, that's a sign the discussion is dead.

You're just forcing it at this point.
>>
>>376214923
hide it nigger
>>
>>376214923
Has it just never occurred to you that there are new people joining the thread who are only just now playing the game, and people who have already played through it are just curious about their fresh opinions on it?

Fucking christ, anon. Take the stick out of your ass.
>>
>>376215029
how about you move to /vg/ where you belong? There you can all jerk off to female link and whatever other nintendo characters you fantasize about.
>>
>>376215138
pfft ya right. Its the same drones trying desperately to keep the discussion going. They cant move on with their lives because zelda is literally the only game on the switch. It's been 2 fucking months just piss off already.
>>
>>376215278
You do realize not everyone who got the game got it on the Switch, right? Stop trying to justify your shitposting. If you don't like seeing these posts "every day", then just filter out BotW threads and be done with them. You're only making yourself look stupid by not doing what any sensible person would have done ages ago.

>just piss off already

The irony is stunning.
>>
>>376215278
>tfw you will never be so mad over discussion of a game
I just started on Cemu btw
>>
What the fuck is the star shit shrine? I can't get past it. I must be missing something. Is it something to do with numbers?
>>
>>376214923
I'm new to the game, took me forever to find a Switch and managed to get one because of luck.
I have to say, you make the thread better by splerging out about a game you don't even have, I understand the appeal.
>>
>>376215278
cemufag here, you seriously show why the game it's so good more than anyone else on this thread.
>>
>>376215481
do you really want me to tell you, anon?
>>
>>376215481
the constellation shrine?

Basically, look at how many orb circles you have on the ground, you have 5 per row, and the wall section in front of each row has a constellation drawn on it.

Now look at the big square on the wall at the back with multiple constellations, what do you notice?
>>
>>376215710
Oh fuck me I overthought that piece of shit

Thanks anon
>>
>>376216089
I did too, anon.

Tbh, it made me feel real stupid once I figured it out.
>>
Durability is fine but weapon switching is not. Why the fuck is there no weapon wheel or instant switching?
>>
>>376216089
there's also a chest there with its own constellation puzzle.
>>
>>376216379
they should just let you scroll along all the weapons directly with D-pad right. The same way you can scroll through all items with D-pad down in Souls games.
>>
>>376216379
>weapon wheel
How will this even work with that many weapons? Subcategories in Subcategories?
>>
I hope the next game has a greater focus on story. I actually like the story in Zelda games, and the story in this is lacking

>>376216681
Still better than scrolling through 10 slots all the time
>>
>>376217079
also dungeons hiding in the wild. The setting is perfect for this.
>>
I wish there had been secret grottoes, similar to falling down holes in previous games. Excluding shrines, everything really was out in the open despite the scale of the world.

Would have been nice to explore cave systems and hidden bases and shit.
>>
>>376217274
Agreed, they had some inspiration from Elder Scrolls but they forgot that even Skyrim has an interconnected cave system and some Dwemer Ruins.
>>
>>376217079
I actually like BotW's story but it does leave a whole lot of blanks to fill
>>
>>376217102
They wouldn't spend so much effort on something most players (and reviewers) will miss, unless it is not actually hidden well

>>376217642
DLC goy, but I actually think the story is pretty complete
>>
I hope the DLC focuses on dungeons and not overworld.
There's only so much mileage you can get out of an empty field.
>>
>>376217642
>blanks to fill

Such as what?
>>
>>376217079
This is the first open world game where the story actually fits the game. When you play the Witcher 3 you're going to spend 95% of the time fucking around doing sidequests, All of that actively hurts the main story. Then for the main story you have three big leads, but you know in advance that Ciri is going to be either at the last one you do, or in a new quest that unlocks after you do all of them.

More story is fine, just make sure it actually fits in the game.
>>
>>376217079
I agree. It's usually very simple, but I really enjoy that simplicity. Princess/Hyrule is in danger, you gotta collect these items that are nestled deep inside the dungeons swarming with monsters. You get powerful enough to take on Ganon and the triforce of power (I like the idea that the hero, princess, and Ganon are connected so closely like that).
Really, a simple tale of triumph. I didn't get that feeling from BotW. The way it was told (through flashbacks) made it feel like all the good shit already happened, and your current playthrough feels like a short boss rush for a second attempt at Ganon.
>>
>>376217850
There will be another dungeon (probably a divine beast) in the DLC. It's confirmed
>>
So is Cemu 1.7.5 completely playable yet?
>>
>>376218398
Still some glitches, but it's okay

>>376217642
Where are the blanks? I think it's pretty complete already
>>
What do you think the DLC will be ?

Inevitable prequel or sequel ?
>>
>>376218847
I kind of want to know what happens to the guardians and the divine beasts after they're no longer needed
>>
File: 1478225647510.jpg (20KB, 500x404px) Image search: [Google]
1478225647510.jpg
20KB, 500x404px
Come to think of it, BotW as a whole feels like somebody asked, "What if Link lost?"
I mean if the shrine or fountains of courage/wisdom/strength or whatever they were called where dungeons
>3 dungeons (courage/wisdom/strength) to get Zelda's power
>4 dungeons (Divine Beasts)
>fight Ganon
It plays out exactly like any other Zelda game. Maybe even have the Yiga clan actively trying to resurrect Ganon like Zant

>tfw you don't get to travel around with Zelda in pre-calamity Hyrule
Wasted potential honestly.
>>
>>376219142
>Tfw this is the "Link fails" part of the timeline

I know the time frame doesn't make sense, but damn they really do hammer it in that he didn't succeed since Ganon was free to reign supreme for so damn long.
>>
>>376189259
I hope the next game does not have the post apocalyptic vibe and the overworld becomes much fuller in life.

I love BotW still, and I liked the premise / story, I thought it worked for an open world setting and it created a good sense of a legendary hero and kingdom for kids. Seeing the memories and the champions felt melancholic - the game starts heavily on this note with the king basically wandering on his lonesome as an apparition outside the castle in order to guide you back. The concept of Ganon in this game was a little more than unnerving, too.

But I would prefer to see something with more a Wind Waker mood next game. Everything on a happier note, a more populated world, more traveling NPCs and more villages, etc. Go full Ghibli or go home.
>>
File: 1485563751227.png (93KB, 633x900px) Image search: [Google]
1485563751227.png
93KB, 633x900px
>>376219002
you tell'em, bro.
>>
Durability is a terrible system that, while it doesn't ruin the combat, makes it far less pleasant than it could have been, and gave Nintendo an excuse to make most of the weapons stat sticks.

>>376200306
>There's also boomerangs, magic rods, and that's already more types than most adventure games
Boomerangs and rods are 1H sword variants, weapon and enemy variety are both severely lacking compared to most other games with this sort of combat.

>>376202924
>Elemental greatsword are proportionally pretty weak compared to other 2-handers
Frost greatsword is the strongest way to inflict freeze with a melee weapon, and freeze->jump attack or spin2win is really effective. Alternating between great frost and great thunderblade hits shuts down anything vulnerable to the elements.

>>376203000
Frost spears are very strong, and 2H elemental greatswords have the noted advantages.

>>376204120
>Well, if we're going to argue which weapon is the best to use
Blizzard+Thunderstorm Rod is extremely effective against mobs, frost weapons are great in general when they work, bows have the different arrow types and the ranged advantage, Savage Lynel Crusher can run around in Barbarian Armor for a passive attack boost, which will be stronger than the Ancient Battle Axe++ with the Ancient set and no attack buffs and can be lit on fire, other two top tier Ancient weapons have the regular 1H sword/spear advantages. Meteor Rod's pretty well the best fire weapon. Nice handful of good endgame options.
>>
File: Gerudo Weapons.png (70KB, 302x302px) Image search: [Google]
Gerudo Weapons.png
70KB, 302x302px
>>376199893

>pretty powerful

Maybe early game but they get eclipsed very quickly
>>
>>376220282
Being ranged weapons changes the whole dynamic of the fight
You're retarded of you're using your magic rods like they're swords
>>
>>376220491
those shields are beautiful
>>
>>376221098
Boomerangs are 1H swords with a fancy throw, Rods are 1H swords with projectiles attached to the string, spin attack and throw. Just because you don't use them like swords (which isn't a horrible idea with the Meteor Rod for a bit of extra damage) doesn't change the fact they're variants.
>>
File: 1487185733506.jpg (66KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1487185733506.jpg
66KB, 700x700px
Now that I'm finished with the store and all the shrines, I literally just ride around and hope to happen about some random korok puzzles. No korok guides whatsoever.

Anyone else do this? It's the ultimate in comfy exploring.
>>
>>376221790
By that logic every weapon is just a variant of 1h sword with a fancy attack, a slow attack, etc
>>
>>376221895
Sounds like autism
>>
>>376222526
Doesn't sound it as much as your post.
>>
>>376222909
>waste time flying around majority of your time finding literally nothing for that small 1% chance you find an item you don't even need

Yup autism.
>>
I don't mind the durability because if i can use the same weapon forever I would never have found out how awesome and fun it is to use all the other weapons.
>>
File: 5.-Image-3.jpg (103KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
5.-Image-3.jpg
103KB, 1500x1000px
>>376194513
>too many fucking shrines not enough cool secrets
I really have a fucking problem with this. How can they make a world this intricate and detailed that they can't put a couple neat references or easter eggs in a few corners?
>no treehouse in Kokiri forest that is implied to be OoT Links house because of drawings on the trunk
>no Gerudo hieroglyphs showing Midna and Link using the Mirror of Twilight
>no collection of history books in Hyrule castle that cover the legends of the other Links
>NO KING OF RED LIONS BOAT
>can't find Ganondorfs old hideout to give him actual character and backstory
>they seriously didn't consider leaving a random old man NPC in a cave with a fucking stick or something
>no composer brothers easter egg
I mean really, it's as simple as NPC placement at this point, considering how big the world is.
>>
>>376222184
>By that logic every weapon is just a variant of 1h sword
Spears and 2H swords have different movesets/animations.
>>
>>376189259
Completely removed. I hated it and I still hate it after 100+ hours. It makes the game inventory a big "lemme save it for later because it took too fucking long to find a weapon this good" and you end up never ever using it at all. It's useless and adds nothing to the game, just a constant: open inventory > drop weapon > get the shrine chest so it will be registered > drop the inferior weapon you just got > take back your older weapon

That was possibly the worst idea they ever implemented on a Zelda game. I mean, some weapons like wooden clubs and rusty stuff could break without a problem, but fucking Royal equipment, Ancient gear and even the Master Sword? That's a bit overboard.
>>
HEY FAGGOTS
WHAT ABOUT MY GLORIOUS COMPROMISE SYSTEM?:

>Link now has directional swings like OOT
>Melee weapons no longer lose durability by hitting an enemy. Instead they lose much more durability by making a FAILED hit on an enemy, either a glancing blow or hitting a shield or hitting ground. You only lose no durability with a 'perfect' timed swing
>Bows now have a windup and slowly lose tension when held. You don't lose bow durability if you time it perfectly, but you lose more the worse you timed it and deal slightly less damage
>>
File: 7d3e381c200680687067860f64535b7a.jpg (457KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
7d3e381c200680687067860f64535b7a.jpg
457KB, 2000x1500px
Why are they so perfect?
>>
>>376225618
How about

>completely remove durability from most weapons, but let alone early shitty equipment like wooden clubs, tree branches and rusty swords, they will still break after some use
>LET THE MASTER SWORD FUCKING ALONE, it makes no sense adding durability to it
>add sharpness system instead, so if the sword loses a lot of sharpness, it will only have its cutting power decreased, exactly like in Monster Hunter games. Make it easy to repair of course, give some reason for us to collect useless rocks
>make a crafting system so you can upgrade the crap you find scattered around into high-end gear and even repair rusty equipment into actual, shiny, sexy weapons
>add even more variants of the same weapon so you can always have incentive to swap them late in the game, due to different look, more atk power, extra skills, elemental attribute etc
>bows do not fucking break, add something like what you said, decreased tension or whatever, but something you can easily repair yourself in exchange of a few materials
>add more clothing, more ways to customize them other than changing colors. The defense attributes of most are complete obsolete compared to end-game stuff like Barbarian/Knight/Ancient armors
>>
>you can feed horses apples
>feeding them carrots temporarily increases their stamina

Huh, didn't know that.
>>
>>376189259

I haven't played it but I assumed that the Master Sword and Hylian Shield would be unbreakable once obtained as a reward for dealing with Durability the rest of the game. It really disappointed me to find out that isn't the case.

My understanding is that the DLC quest should fix that for the sword but it should really be part of the main game.
>>
>>376227883
>reward for dealing with durability

You're right you haven't played, because it's not something to be, "rewarded," for, "dealing with." It's a part of the game that makes sense.

And making the Master Sword infinite would absolutely ruin the game, unless it was only obtainable at the very end. And that would suck, too.
>>
>>376227883
>My understanding is that the DLC quest should fix that for the sword
no. the reward is that the sword always have the maximum power (60). but it's still breakable
>>
>>376226608
It's one of those posts where I'm really glad the guy posting it doesn't develop video games!

>>376225618
I might like your sword system. I hate your bow system.>>376225316

>>376225316
> It makes the game inventory a big "lemme save it for later because it took too fucking long to find a weapon this good" and you end up never ever using it at all.
Are you autistic? Why are you afraid of losing a collection of data written to visually represent a sword on your TV screen?

I just used whichever weapon was best for what I was facing, and if it broke, I moved on. Never found it to be a problem ever, just added a little bit of edge to constantly be looking for weapons.
>>
>>376223763
This anon gets it.
>>
>>376228641
this anon gets it
>>
>>376228239

Ah. Like I said, I haven't played it -- I was under the impression that the sword needs to "recharge" between uses and I assumed that was what it meant by "always at max power."

Well that's too bad. Like >>376228068 said, maybe it's just how I'm used to thinking of Durability most games but the idea of not really having any equipment you get attached to or to get really excited about is a bit disappointing.
>>
>>376228068
>And making the Master Sword infinite would absolutely ruin the game
Master Sword is mediocre by endgame standards, people only use it for the durability/regen.

>>376228452
>Why are you afraid of losing a collection of data written to visually represent a sword on your TV screen?
Some people don't like the taste of shit.

>wasting Ancient weapons on Bokoblins
Good for you Anon.

>Never found it to be a problem ever
Because you're apparently willing to overlook terrible design if the word 'Zelda' is on the box.
>>
>>376223763
>>376228641
>>376228740
all these anons are retarded casuals
>>
>>376189259
Durability would have been fine if there was a system of repair.
>>
>>376228782
I guess I don't see a reason to get attached to equipment.

Like, I'm excited to find a royal claymore, but it's a sword in a video game. Why would I be attached? That's a serious question, I'm completely confused by that notion.

If durability wasn't a part of the game and my sword suddenly disappeared, that would be one thing, but it's an established part of the game right away.
>>
>>376226368
Lynels and Guardian Stalkers are the only enemies I derive any enjoyment from by fighting them.

The enemy diversity in this game was severely lacking, imo.
>>
>>376228452
>I might like your sword system. I hate your bow system

why?
under my system, shields, bows and weapons would all only lose durability when you aren't playing 'perfectly'. '

this gives players a reason to keep changing gear- nobody is going to perfectly time every attack or block, but you could either be cautious with a strong weapon and keep it a very long time or just go willy nilly with your mediocre weapons and run through them fast

right now you can technically do it, just only with stuff like sneak strikes and mounting lynels
>>
File: IMG_5165.jpg (196KB, 1200x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5165.jpg
196KB, 1200x640px
Where is the faggot I give seeds to in order to increase my inventory of broken weapons ?
>>
>>376229129

I guess it's kind of the difference between finding "Rare Sword X" and "Excalibur" or some shit. Take Darksiders for instance -- even high level gear always felt really uninteresting because it was just randomized stats attached to a skin.

The you have something like Chaoseater from the first game which has it own interesting lore and backstory and that you grow attached to.

More relevant to this game is something like Castlevania, where you can get rare drops of unique weapons that have unique properties. Getting those drops is exciting and you get to know the properties of those weapons.

When it's just another glowy spear that you know will eventually break in you, it's more like picking up ammo than anything special.

It's just a me thing, I just don't really care for "disposable" equipment in games in either the form DSII used where the gear will inevitably be discarded or what we have here in gear that will inevitably break.
>>
>>376229820
He starts out on the path from Dueling Peaks to Kakariko and follows the river north, appearing by stables.
>>
The only thing i think would have been nice is if some towns sold traveler weapons and maybe one other weapon based on their location (ie zora's domain would sell zora spears). the way the shop system in BoTW is already implemented in a way where you cant just buy a fuckload of items at once since they have a stock so selling one or two traveler swords and a shield wouldnt be terrible.
they could also add in something like the ability of use the materials you mined and gathered to enhance the durability but im not sure if it would work that well
>>
>>376229827
I don't understand that at all. It doesn't matter if it's disposable, it's still useful, and it's still special when you find a piece of equipment that's enchanted just so. Weapons still have unique and useful properties all the same, like just being made out of wood instead of metal.

Weapons break but they aren't any less disposable than other RPGs, where the Holy Sword Excalibur is vendor trash you'll never look at again the moment you find something better. If anything, Zelda's system makes equipment more worthwhile because there's reasons to keep backups.
>>
>>376226368
I wanna fuck a Lynel
>>
>>376229827
It's functionally the same as ammo in an FPS, why does this bother you so much?
>>
>>376230868
Lynels are not for sexual, only fighting.
>>
File: 1491303444814m.jpg (40KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1491303444814m.jpg
40KB, 1024x576px
>>376189259
I think durability is a none issue. People complain about how weapon breaks will catch them off guard mid fight, even though the game gives a message well beforehand. Finding a weapon is not as satisfying as in other games because of it though.
I really like the shrine system. Though, I'm a person who always believed Zelda should be about the exploration rather than the dungeons. I notice people will react differently to it if they have a different idea on what Zelda is. People like me and those who've never played a Zelda have the tendency to like the shrines I think, but people who play the games for the dungeons and set pieces got real butthurt about it.
I also like the shrines as a person who likes the good old open world games. I like how the content of each shrine was mostly mechanically different, rather than all dungeons being the same shit with different graphical assets. I didn't mind the lack of aesthetic differences and didn't think about it until I got online a saw others complaining about it.
The system could use more streamlining and better integration though, reduce or eliminate loading screens and find a faster way to do blessings.
>>
>>376229547
My problem with the bow is the delay and timing of drawing it. I don't like the idea of that timing with the play style of this game.

The actual durability mechanic around being punished for imperfection I do like.

I don't have a problem with disposable equipment, though.
>>
>>376230707
This I actually would like. Stores selling regional variants of weapons.

Nothing quality, and nothing cheap, but something you can throw some rupees down on to get a sword in desperation.
>>
File: 19.39.35.54.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
19.39.35.54.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>376226368
They're God tier enemies. if only the DLC1 could focus on enemy variety.
>>
>>376230783
>If anything, Zelda's system makes equipment more worthwhile because there's reasons to keep backups.
Thissssssssssssssssssssssss.

>>376231150
And also this.

>>376231216
People complain about how weapon breaks will catch them off guard mid fight, even though the game gives a message well beforehand.
Wait, do people actually complain about this? Like, for real? What the actual fuck?! You should be using the, "severely damaged," warning as your heads up to use the weapon as a projectile to create an opening for restarting the fight with a new weapon and (possibly) new strategy.

>I'm a person who always believed Zelda should be about the exploration rather than the dungeons.
I mostly agree. The exploration of Zelda is the best part of the franchise. It's what makes the first one great, and what Miyamoto was going for when he made it. I've essentially always wanted this game, and I even imagined something almost exactly like the shrines.

THAT SAID, I do also like dungeons. When I wanted this game, I didn't want them to scrap dungeons entirely. I don't see how the two are mutually exclusive. I like Zelda because of exploring AND dungeons. Too much of its recent history is about the latter, but this one is too much about the former. I'll take it, but give me both next time, please.
>>
>>376200030
I don't think durability was a game-ruining issue but I still removed it from my game after like 130 or so hours of playing the right way and doing weapon runs.
>>
>>376230783
>It doesn't matter if it's disposable
The word you're looking for is temporary. Having access to especially strong or unique weaponry only a small part of the time after it's initially acquired is horseshit.

>Weapons still have unique and useful properties all the same
Except now you can't afford to make use of those properties as you wish because every weapon is on a strict time limit.

>Weapons break but they aren't any less disposable than other RPG
This isn't an RPG, where not all early weapons become worthless endgame either. New weapons should increase your versatility and utility, not be redundant stat sticks, which is another problem with this shit system.

>Zelda's system makes equipment more worthwhile because there's reasons to keep backups.
>should have backups because your best stuff explodes into nothingness
>not because the properties/capabilities or your other weapons may be more suited to the situation at hand than what you have currently equipped
This is why developers should completely ignore fan input, 99% of it is cancerous stupidity.

>>376231150
Ammo doesn't require you to teleport across the map after an RNG based event for refills, and is fairly common for any particular gun. But more importantly, shooters=/=hack and slash
>>
File: wat.jpg (54KB, 422x339px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
54KB, 422x339px
>Fighting one of those Talus things at Dueling Peaks while simultaneously trying to avoid Guardian lasers
>Talus throws one of its arms at me, ends up hitting the Guardian instead
>Guardian suddenly stops dead in its tracks and heads straight towards the Talus
>Fires four consecutive lasers at the fucking thing like a goddamn madman
>My face when it aimed its reticle at the ore deposit which is the Talus' weakpoint

Jesus christ
>>
>>376192782
XBX honestly has the better open world. I wish BotW had the vertical openness XBX had with cave systems and shit.
>>
>>376232293
> I like Zelda because of exploring AND dungeons.

Patrician taste. The only good middle ground I can think of is ALBW.
>>
>>376232550
You have no idea what a stat stick is do you?
>>
>>376226368
They nearly have 3000 hp

How kill?
>>
>>376233132
Learn to parry with shields

Learn to perfect dodge

Take advantage of your bows and shoot them in the face for a temporary stun

Mount Lynel when it's stunned for five free hits that don't wear on your wep's durability
>>
>>376191209

I think it was King Rhoam who specifically used the word 'autonomous' to describe the Guardians. Must mean that they have A.I. and act on their own.

I guess they can spot you over long distances because they were meant to shoot Ganon from afar.
>>
>>376233010
>You have no idea what a stat stick is do you?
Something which is only different from something else in terms of stats, which is what a lot of BotW's weapons are.
>>
>>376232293
I imagine probably like 80% of the manhours in previous Zelda games went into the dungeons.
Even if it's less than that, you see a guy go through 80 or 100 hours enjoying this massive, handcrafted, well designed overworld and then he goes "Okay, but where's my ZELDA game Nintendo". Feels silly to me. The worst are the people who give an "objective" minimum number of dungeons for Zelda game to be considered legitimate, who've always been a problem since MM.
Maybe I'm just so spiteful of those people and so tired of the dungeon formula that I stubbornly don't have a problem with the 4 dungeons and feel more accepting to the shrine system.
>>
>>376233896
He does, but then Zelda states in one of the memories later in-game that "[they're] at a point where they can actually control [the Guardians]," which is preceded by a shot of a Sheikah leading a Guardian away, as though it needs to be taught how to operate again after coming out of stasis. That sequence alone subtly implies that they can be given commands from an outside source, though we're not exactly shown how, so I guess it's up in the air at this point.

I don't doubt they behave autonomously in the story's context, but that whole cutscene kind of contradicts that they are 100% independent of human interaction.

I'm obviously overthinking it, but they genuinely interest me in both design and function.
>>
File: OoT.jpg (109KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
OoT.jpg
109KB, 1200x675px
>>376189259
>savescrum for starfragments
>can literally go for a hour without getting a single drop
What's your guys method for getting them?
>>
>>376235238
Fight Silver Lynels. You're more likely to get star fragment drops from them, even though they're still rare drops. It's better than waiting for a falling star to land by chance, anyway.
>>
>>376189259
Getting out of bounds in FFXV is comfy as fuuuuuuck. Can't believe there is so much unused landscape in the game. All they need to do is populate it with monsters, a small town or two and then update the textures to make it useable.

Its pretty as fuck
>>
>>376235568
>>
>>376235568
>Only way to have meaningful exploration in FFXV is to literally break the game
>Only way FFXV-kun can talk about FFXV and shill his youtube videos is by posting in completely unrelated threads because no one wants to talk about FFXV anymore and no one replies to the shitty threads he makes
Sad. Have a pity (You).
>>
Hyrule Castle with keys and an item would be the perfect open world dungeon design.
>>
This is by far the worst game I have ever played, which comes at an extreme surprise considering how strong the Zelda series of games has been since its inception.

The story is nonsensical, the graphics are terrible, the animations are lazy, and overall the game feels as if Nintendo did not even attempt to create anything worthy of the Zelda name. Nintendo has never made a game worse than this.

Unfortunately, it seems the very large amount of character dialogue was added to simply give the player "something else to experience." The actual mechanics of the gameplay are extremely limited, with such undoings as poor hit detection, unbalanced difficulty with the advantage to the in-game enemies, and the complete lack of a "status" menu that was available in every other Zelda, which this game attempts to emulate but gets every aspect wrong by doing so. The quick menu from Skyward Sword (accessed with holding your "secondary action palette button" then pressing the top button) was completely forgotten for Breath of the Wild, and the bottom screen provides no logical use aside from displaying your action palette and telling you the name of an enemy or item targeted. Most of the menu screens available take place on the bottom screen, including changing equipment, using items not in your palette, and viewing the map. This is only worth noting because of the lack of a quick-menu, which means that if your teammates fall in battle or you need to use an item that you don't have assigned to your action-palettes (6 individual actions total), you must stop all character movement and be defenseless in the heat of battle so that you can bring up the menu, scroll to your items, then scroll through the item list to use a Moon Atomizer (Phantasy Star's "resurrection") or any other item.

The game is horrendous and an abomination not only for the Nintendo Switch, but also a detrimental stain on the name of Sonic Team, Nintendo, and the Phantasy Star brand.
>>
File: ST_Credits_3.png (24KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
ST_Credits_3.png
24KB, 256x192px
>>376236989
Sorry to hear that you didn't like it, anon.
>>
File: 1455637745979.png (151KB, 339x288px) Image search: [Google]
1455637745979.png
151KB, 339x288px
>>376236989
Something happened in your post somewhere in the middle
Thread posts: 352
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.