[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's have a new thread: Terry and Gonad. How does it work?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4

File: Untitled2 Jpegs Deception.png (709KB, 1177x723px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled2 Jpegs Deception.png
709KB, 1177x723px
Let's have a new thread: Terry and Gonad.

How does it work? Terry suggests something cool, and then Gonad ruins it. Then other anons try to guess what game you're talking about.

For example:

Terry: Hey, why don't we let out players have some input in the design for new collectables for our characters?

Gonad: Sounds fun! Let's give them near free reign with little-to-no quality control such that it completely ruins the coherent art style we paid tons of REAL artists to create!
>>
>>376188212
I'd say Dota 2 but Valve is doing a pretty good job of fucking things up without the communities help.
>>
>>376188315

Close!
>>
>>376188212
TF2?
>>
>>376188520

Ding ding ding!

Now another one:

Terry: Let's make an RPG but let's do a twist on the standard battle system.

Gonad: Sounds great! How about we turn it into a bullet hell but make it really fucking small and difficult to predict what any boss's battle will be like?
>>
>>376188673
Binding of Isaac?
I doubt it, but.
>>
>>376188806

Nope. Think more indie and pretentious.
>>
Easy one:

Terry: Let's create a create a camgirl studio where each girl is unique and has a different personality.
Gonad: Great idea, but let's make sure there's no sexual content and make the game resemble cookie clicker!

Seriously who the fuck thought that was a good idea.
>>
>>376188962

Bioshock?
>>
>>376188990
I'm sorry what?
Literally what?
>>
Terry: Let's make a commentary about the nature of choice and violence in video games.

Gonad: Gotcha. Let's be really unique and make sure the most emotional and impactful moment in the game offers no real choice to the player, then blame him for playing our game.
>>
>>376188962
I can even forgive walking simulators somewhat but idle "games" are the true cancer.
>>
>>376188673
Oh! That's Undertale isn't it?
>>
>>376188673
>>376189095
Undertale?
>>
>>376189095
Spec Ops
>>
>>376189281

You got it!
>>
I like this thread.

Terry: Well, our last two 3D adventure games haven't lived up to our player-base's expectations, so let's go back to our original 3D adventure design and make it a bit more modern.

Gonad: Cool! While we're at it, let's completely ditch the primary mechanic and design feature that our series is known for and double back on physics puzzles and vehicles!
>>
>>376191049
I'd immediately say Sonic, but I don't know about physics puzzles and vehicles...
That makes me think of Banjo, but they weren't failing fan expectations...
>>
>>376192124
Sonic 06. The tagline on the back of the box is "This time, Speed won't be enough!"

You don't remember the ball "puzzle" at the end of Silver's one desert temple level?
>>
>>376192425
Oooooh fuck, you're right.
I was thinking of Sonic Boom, but Sonic 06 makes way more sense.
>>
>>376192532
Is it bad that I have no fond or repulsive memories of playing 06 either way? Back in middle school I must have had more patience for bad games than I do now.
>>
>>376188673
Undertale
>>376188962
Huniepop
Just play an eroge VN if you wanna fap or play Rance if you like playing that much
>>376191049
>vehicles
Banjo Kazooie
>>
>>376188212
Terry: Hey, why don't we make a game using a cult IP with a dedicated fanbase and prove that we have the chops to pull it off with an impressive looking stage(d) demo?

Gonad: Sounds great! Let's make sure to outsource everything to shovelware studios while allocating those funds to make a sequel to our IP instead. Also make sure the writer is a literal cuck who memes a lot.
>>
>>376188212
Terry: Hey, we have this classic strategy IP just lying around. We should do something with it, how about a remake?

Gonad: Fantastic! But, you know, strategy games don't sell well in current year. Let's cobble together an FPS instead, fans will love it!
>>
>>376194883
Syndicate
>>
>>376194387
Is that mighty number 9?
>>
>>376188212
Terry suggests that the next Zelda game just have traditional controls and not overuse the Wiimote.

Gonad spills his spaghetti, fucks with the code in secret, and forces Terry to watch 100 hours of Wii Sports Resort until he gives in.
>>
>>376194883
Alien shit n bordershit
>>
>>376194883
I'd say XCOM: Bureau but they actually made regular XCOM games and Bureau wasn't that bad at all.
>>
>>376195310
Terry: I have a great idea to use a well-established IP and create a new game with an entirely new gimmick

Gonad: Sounds like a spin-off to me. Let's go ahead and lump that with another beloved spinoff series despite not using any of the turn-by-turn combat or interesting ability management system that it's known for!

And when the fans get upset, let's compromise by taking the worst elements of both and ruin the series completely!
>>
>>376195776
Paper Mario
>>
>>376195394
meant for>>376194387
>>
>>376195860
Too easy.

Terry: A ton of people enjoy this genre of game, let's make our own version full of unique fighting styles and a deep talent tree.

Gonad: That's a great idea. The one thing that needs to be changed though, is linear level designs, only 5 different enemy types, and completely random loot drops.

Still too easy, but it pissed me off.
>>
Terry: With such a massively popular JRPG, we should make a sequel that follows all the same rules but with a new story line.

Gonad: Actually, I think if we gave the players a dozen different characters to swap in the party, but only use the main 2 for the actual plot, it would be even better. In fact, let's make the main plot require affinity with the main 2 characters that you can only get by having them on your team, making it so that you never really want to swap them out anyway.
And that story should be just the side-dish to a massive world that's filled with just the same quests to flex how big we can make world maps!
In fact, at this point why even call it the same game! I dunno! It'll sell better probably!

Terry: ...
>>
Terry: Hey, let's create a real followup to our beloved tactical rpg.

Gonad: Ok, but let's lose the strategy, take away the focus on the interesting world and military, and make it a generic tech-fantasy hack n slash! If people complain, we'll just call it a spinoff.
>>
>>376196612 Xenoblade Chronicles X

>Terry: Hey, why don't we make a game about our show that's exploded in popularity!
>Gonad: That's a great idea! I found this fan that's already started on it, how about we hire him and give him a team to make it into a 4-player co-op game that plays like a hybrid of Devil May Cry and Left 4 Dead!
>Terry: That's... That's actually amazing, wh-
>Gonad: It'll start out with four characters, then we'll add four more characters as paid DLC! Then we can abandon development for a couple of months and come back to add multiple costume packs, also for paid DLC! And then we'll abandon development again!
>Terry: There it is.
>>
>>376196950
Really off the wall guess here, but perhaps this is that RWBY game?
>>
File: file.png (139KB, 643x505px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
139KB, 643x505px
>>376197230
Nailed it. That came actually looked so fucking promising, then JewsterTeeth had to get greedy AND lazy. And then they had to ruin the actual show too. I'm still mad.
The last gameplay changes they made were in fucking October.
>>
"Hey," said Terry, "How about we make a multiple ending scenario that would shake the very foundations of our established universe no matter what choice you pick?"

"Okay," says Gonad, "But let's have absolutely no payoff, ripoff the endings from Deus Ex and make the ending decisions seem utterly meaningless."
>>
>>376197558
People actually watch RWBY?
>>
>>376197558
I didn't even realize any of what you said was true. Hiring a fan making the game seems really cool.
The DLC I had to google after my initial thoughts were there, and go figure, 4 characters that they said were similar, and then just costume packs.
That's really strange.

>>376197575
Mass Effect 3

>>376197661
In weeb culture it's totally big. Because it literally is weeb culture.
>west
>mimicking east
>>
File: quality animation.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
quality animation.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>376197661
As someone who works in 3D animation, it's fucking hilarious at times.
It's like a trainwreck. You just can't look away.
>>
>>376197661
It had Waifus, Raifus, and genuinely good fights.
Then the lead animator died and the other two most talented animators left.
Then they killed off three of the best characters in the show, and made most of the other characters either act out of character, become caricatures of themselves, or reverse all character development. All the new characters with one exception are shit, all the new weapons and Semblances (abilities) are shit (BAD LUCK! CATTLE-PROD! EXTENDO-SABRE!) and the animation in fights is fucking atrocious when it isn't Naruto-tier.

We went from somewhat charming character interactions and cool fights:
https://youtu.be/WLZq4hvs_30?t=31

TO THIS:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkJvhULya9E

The show wasn't perfect, but it had potential and was entertaining most of the time.
>>
>>376197797
post the cookie one.
I love that one.
>>
>>376198186
I don't have the webm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DvZ2ZCa0fw
>>
>>376197797
>>376198381
>using the earlier animations as the bar

not fair. At least use more current examples
>>
>>376198439
But anon, the animation's still shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5gzPlULCG0
https://youtu.be/rYadQo67Pkg?t=55
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAcfTfm5e9U
>>
>>376198134
I was so hype for RWBY when I saw the little teasers.
The fights were so fucking cool with the weapons.
That first fight definitely makes me want to watch, though I know what I have to go through to get to them and I just can't do it.
That second fight though...
It's just weird.
>>
>>376197661
It's about to be on TV in Japan.
>>
>>376198439
Nigger the best fights in the show are from the trailers and the first two seasons.
>>376198554
>>376198439
>>376197661
Another thing that pisses me off about the new seasons is that the bigger fights had strategy and synergy between the characters, and all that got thrown into the fucking wind in the latter seasons.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPjcCkMYYzY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljpDvGhT-_M

Compared to this, it's not even fucking close:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCJPwnMGaJg
>>
>>376196176
Nioh
>>
>>376199121
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhaxzYsms_0
>tfw possibly the best fight scene Monty ever animated was a fight that had no plot stakes what so ever.
>tfw everyone forgets said fight exists for that exact reason.
>>
>>376199412
Shane actually animated that one.
>>
>>376197738
>>376196950
>>376197230
My dream RWBY game would be a mix of JJBA: Eyes of Heaven and Rise of Incarnates.
>>
>>376199476
Huh. No kidding.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf2C0i5E6Ug
Do you know who did this one then?
>>
>>376199721
No clue, I really only cared about RWBY before it went to shit.
>>
Terry: How about one of those 3D platformers we used to make?

Gonad: Good thinking! And it should have linear levels with eight-directional movement and a fixed camera angle!
And we'll make it twice!
>>
>>376200609
Easy. Mario 3D Land and World.
>>
>>376198439
How am I supposed to like a show if the earlier parts, you know, the important ones that get you into a show, are this shit?
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.