[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did games "click" for you? I remember having pic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: 1W[UTQD75Q}ET68`{J1KSVB.jpg (21KB, 256x178px) Image search: [Google]
1W[UTQD75Q}ET68`{J1KSVB.jpg
21KB, 256x178px
When did games "click" for you? I remember having pic related as a kid, and just using it for a free roam basically. I just ran around the castle and the bobomb field, fucking around with the different hats and not paying attention (or even realizing) that there were objectives or missions. I just wanted to fly around in that game.

Paper Mario was the first game that I actually played through to completion, but that was basically because there was no option to just fuck around and do free roam, the story pushes you in one direction the whole time. Games like GTA, for instance, I never progressed the story in. San Andreas and VC were just sandboxes with cheatcodes for me. Never even attempted the story missions. The first GTA I actually beat was 4, and that was because I was a bit older and actually understood that there was a story to be played through at that point. Still haven't beaten SA, and I don't think I've ever got past the first few missions in GTA III or VC.
>>
ok
>>
Hello?
>>
>>376180034
hi anon
>>
I remember games clicking when I was very young. I had an NES and all the games I had for it we're basically "run right to the end" affairs that weren't very freeform so I really had nowhere to go but forward.
Even to this day I like arcade games that basically amount to "here's your goal, here's the tools to accomplish it, good luck"
>>
your next line is going to be "hi anon"!
>>
For me it was pokemon red. I can't believe I let my gameboy get mixed in with the rest of my toys before that. I don't remember ever even getting the gameboy, I have no idea when I got it or who got it for me or for what occasion.
>>
I remember just aimlessly killing things in the lost woods of Link's Awakening. Seriously took me years to even FIND the first dungeon. Then I understood the general flow more. (This was when I was around 8 in 98-99.)
>>
>>376180296
Weird thing is, I had an SNES before getting SM64 and everything too, but even there in games like SMW i'd usually fuck around and explore. Maybe that's why I never got into it a bit later, because I was used to fucking around. I loved finding the hidden areas and switches in SMW, and I never actually finished it myself.

I remember my dad got to Bowser, but I never did. I just figured it was a grown up thing and he had some super skills to get there, I guess. I was satisfied finding secrets.
>>
Hello?
>>
>>376180387
Pokemon Crystal was my first gameboy game and it was kinda the same but that one was a bit different, because I was playing through it with friends. We'd each trade pokemon to help eachother when we got to hard gyms, or we'd swap carts to get through certain areas that we were "better at" than the others. Like getting past sudowoodo, my friend did that for me and I beat the Normal gym with the miltanks for him. I guess that kinda counts, since I was still progressing through the game, but I feel like if it weren't for my friends and me all exploring it together I'd probably have just wandered around the first few areas grinding.
>>
>>376180882
hi anon
>>
I remember games clicking when I was very young. I had an NES and all the games I had for it we're basically "run right to the end" affairs that weren't very freeform so I really had nowhere to go but forward.
Even to this day l like arcade games that basically amount to "here's your goal, here's the tools to accomplish it, good luck"
>>
your next Iine is going to be "hi anon"!
>>
I remember playing Gex for the first time and really fucking loving reptiles afterwards

Gex was really fucking cool
Still is
>>
>>376181950
you're lying right now.
>>
>>376182038
sorry
>>
File: gex plush.jpg (316KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
gex plush.jpg
316KB, 960x1280px
>>376182038
fuck you faggot, Gex is my favorite character
>>
File: 1438447991843.png (197KB, 351x368px) Image search: [Google]
1438447991843.png
197KB, 351x368px
OP here.

Just what the fuck has this thread become?
>>
File: 1487035641997.jpg (122KB, 1278x1181px) Image search: [Google]
1487035641997.jpg
122KB, 1278x1181px
>>376182275
but I'm the OP
why did you pretend to be me
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.